Old 07-09-2017, 10:18 AM   #301  

Hi rd... Good steps.

I've only been getting about 6,000 steps a day. I've been riding my bike for part of my commute this summer. A stress fracture in my right foot 5 months ago is still a problem even though the bone is healing well. I guess these things take time...

Anyone else lurking??
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 09:42 PM   #302  
Gettin' Healthy!

S/C/G: 265/258/140

Height: 5'4"

I just got a Fitbit Alta hr and I am really liking it! I knew I didn't move around much during the week because of work but I was pretty shocked!

Today I hit 10,829 steps. Hoping I can start moving more during the week!
Firecracker777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 10:38 PM   #303  
Fishing for a plan!

S/C/G: 225/225/155

Height: 5'8"

Hello Laura, Debbie and Firecracker!

I have been having a hard time getting back into exercising except for what I get incidentally at work from being on my feet for hours. I've been following a low carb diet but am wondering if it's causing me to have exercise intolerance. I can barely pedal my bike half a mile without feeling breathless and weak. I used to have to have a fair amount of endurance. I went 22 miles in 100 degree weather 5 years ago. It about killed me, LOL, but I was ABLE to do it. Something similar happened last time I went low carb, I could barely climb the stairs at work. I thought it was the "low carb flu" at first, but then found out I had Lyme disease, so I was never sure. I'm going to add back in some of the healthier carbs...no junk...and see if it helps. I've got my fitbit charged and ready to go! Keep up the good work ladies! And Laura, I hope to be able to get a good bike ride in soon!
LurchMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 06:10 PM   #304  

Hi April - have you changed up the carbs in your diet? I hope you have figured out what is making you lack energy/stamina and with changes you can be back on your bike!

Hi Firecracker! How's it going with the new fitbit? I haven't been walking a lot due to a stress fracture in my right foot from back in January, so I'm not doing great with steps.

Hello to any lurkers.

Speaking of my foot - it's healing normally, but it's just the past few days where it feels like I might just be turning the corner in getting back to normal. "Normal" being walking without tweaks of pain. Almost at the 6-month point, it's about time. Fingers crossed that this continues.

I went to aqua fit class last night. It's not my favorite form of exercise, but it is low impact - gentle on bones and joints - so it's good while I have this bum foot.

I'm thinking I might dig out my boyfriend's cycling trainer and get my bike set up on there. I feel like doing something else in place of walking. Outdoor cycling is so weather-dependent. We're going into a hot/humid stretch now and I probably won't feel like cycling outdoors.

Have a good rest of the week everyone!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote