Height: 5'7

Dr. geri on almost being done.
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 10:45 AM   #407  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Height: 5'6"

Challenge: change just one small habit!

Journal everything I eat and post my sugar TREATS . I need accountability and am thinking that posting will help keep my sugar intake down. Three pause days allowed.

May 10th - PAUSE DAY #1
May 11th - Day 12, Journal - 3 Dove
May 12th - Day 13, Journal - 3 Dove & 1 pb cookie
May 13th - Day 14, Journal - 4 Dove & 1 pb cookie-----gonna be hard to loss weight with all these goodies, gotta behave better
May 14th - Day 15, Journal & 2 Dove , choc milk
May 15th - Day 16, Journal & 1Dove,2 oreo, 1scoop ice cream
May 16th - Day 17, Journal & 4Dove, 1 scoop ice cream
May 17th - Pause Day #2 (I journaled and wrote down all my sweets - giving myself a time out - -need to behave better).
May 18th - Day 18,
May 19th - Day 19,
May 20th - Day 20,
May 21st - Day 21,

DrGeri, Three more days ----YOU can do it!

Obsid, Half way there, keep up this good habit

LETS DO THIS!
workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 01:23 PM   #408  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

well I was doin' pretty good until we had weekend visitors stay with us....excuses, excuses...let's see if I can get back on some kind of track

2 habits:

--Swimming every day (not sure if I have the time) LEVEL 4
--No liquid donuts, ever, any type, any amount, for any reason LEVEL 1

____ ? and__NO _ ?

Day 01:_________ and _ ___________ (MAY18)
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 02:48 PM   #409  
Mandy

S/C/G: 153/153/120

Height: 5'5'' or 165cm

Thanks Diana! Oh wow, that's a really smart goal! I'd say I could never, but who knows, someday (; haha

Have successfully logged my calories for 5 days in a row! So that's:
May 14th: Day 1
May 15th: Day 2
May 16th: Day 3
May 17th: Day 4
May 18th: Day 5

I did some calculating and June 2nd is going to be my 20th day. It's going to be my mom's birthday and I already told her I'd go with her to get fondue (I know, but I felt too bad to say no after blowing it with mother's day), so I'll probably make that my pause day. Don't want to sit there measuring and logging when it's her birthday haha
wendybirdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 01:42 AM   #410  
Peachbody

Day 19--Monday, May 18: No sweets, no spuds.

Tuesday, May 19: Challenge failed. I have improved greatly over the course of these past several months in not eating workplace sweets just because they're there. But it is obvious that right now my kryptonite is a dessert that is handed directly to me. Today I was at an all-day meeting with four colleagues that included a potluck lunch. My co-worker lovingly made five personal desserts in individual cups. I ate mine nine hours ago, and it just now dawned on me that I have ruined my challenge the day before reaching the finish line. I ate it so perfunctorily I didn't even think about the challenge.

I know that the point lies in bouncing back from these falls, and I will be back to try again with this challenge that is so hard for me. But I am going to take some time to step away and deal with my disappointment first. I am so pleased to see so many people posting to this thread, and I am looking forward to seeing more victories -- both in winning challenges, an also in not giving up after failed challenges. I will be in the latter category after a few days' break.
Dr Geri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 05:26 AM   #411  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

You're learning about yourself. Yes we all wanted you to finish, but at least you realized and can take something away to help you with the longer journey. Feel better..Can't wait to see you bounce back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Geri View Post
Day 19--Monday, May 18: No sweets, no spuds.

Tuesday, May 19: Challenge failed. I have improved greatly over the course of these past several months in not eating workplace sweets just because they're there. But it is obvious that right now my kryptonite is a dessert that is handed directly to me. Today I was at an all-day meeting with four colleagues that included a potluck lunch. My co-worker lovingly made five personal desserts in individual cups. I ate mine nine hours ago, and it just now dawned on me that I have ruined my challenge the day before reaching the finish line. I ate it so perfunctorily I didn't even think about the challenge.

I know that the point lies in bouncing back from these falls, and I will be back to try again with this challenge that is so hard for me. But I am going to take some time to step away and deal with my disappointment first. I am so pleased to see so many people posting to this thread, and I am looking forward to seeing more victories -- both in winning challenges, an also in not giving up after failed challenges. I will be in the latter category after a few days' break.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:26 PM   #412  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Height: 5'6"

Challenge: change just one small habit!

Journal everything I eat and post my sugar TREATS . I need accountability and am thinking that posting will help keep my sugar intake down. Three pause days allowed.

May 10th - PAUSE DAY #1
May 11th - Day 12, Journal - 3 Dove
May 12th - Day 13, Journal - 3 Dove & 1 pb cookie
May 13th - Day 14, Journal - 4 Dove & 1 pb cookie-----gonna be hard to loss weight with all these goodies, gotta behave better
May 14th - Day 15, Journal & 2 Dove , choc milk
May 15th - Day 16, Journal & 1Dove,2 oreo, 1scoop ice cream
May 16th - Day 17, Journal & 4Dove, 1 scoop ice cream
May 17th - Pause Day #2 (I journaled and wrote down all my sweets - giving myself a time out - -need to behave better).
May 18th - Day 18, Journal & 1/2 dk candy bar, 3 cc cookies
May 19th - Day 19, Journal & 2 Dove, 1 cc cookie, mexican pastry
May 20th - Day 20, Journal & 3 Dove, 2 cookies
May 21st - Day 21, Journal & 2 Dove, 2 cookies
CHALLENGE COMPLETED, ugh. I made it but realize I have a sweet addiction. Will take the weekend off before starting a new challenge. It may be exercise this time, still deciding.

Geri, Darn, but you really have a great record, impressive improvements.

wendy, nice job of logging your calories!!

seemy, here's to new starts

Obsidian, You are doing great, keep up the great job.

LETS DO THIS!
workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 12:02 AM   #413  
Peachbody

Congratulations, Hard Working Dog! Great job!
Old 05-22-2015, 06:18 AM   #414  
Intuituve Eater

YAY WorkingLikeaDog

Last edited by Obsidianbbw; 05-22-2015 at 06:18 AM.
Old 05-22-2015, 06:19 AM   #415  
Intuituve Eater

Day 3 cardio with weights.
Day 4 Pilates - didn't want to get up, but the challenge forced me out of bed.
Day 5 cario and strength training.
Day 6 Walked across town
Day 7 walked across town and a lil futhers, didn't want to do it, but didn't want to use a pause day and in the end it felt good.
Day 8 cardio with weights
Day 9 Standing Pilates and some yoga...couldn't hold all the poses, but I liked the stretch.
Day 10 - Cardio- trying to give the muscle time to rest.
Day 11 - weights & walk cross town
Day 12 - Cardio - did the min, but got it done....I am on a 14 day challenge, will be happy when I get to 15..I am dreaming of pause days 5/20
Day 13 - Cardio with weights
Day 14 - Light cardio and Light weights short work out...really had to drag myself out, but its done and 2 more days and then a pause day...
Day 15 - Cardio with weights
Day 16 - Cardio - so the way my workout is setup I won't have a pause day in a while....since there are some things I want to do which are scheduled (aquarobics) so 5 days...this should be interesting...
Day 17 - 15 pilates....trying to get some ab and stretching in. Just realized I won't have any pause days since my next rest day is sat or sun....
Day 18 - Heavily modified cathe friedrich flex train first 35 min. blowing my mind I have 3 more days.../ walked cross town to the bus
Day 19 - short workout beginner barre
Day 20 - water aerobics and walked a mile to the bus to get home...nice fact...I was thinking i was going to end up with the later bus, but ended up on 20 min earlier because i got there faster than I thought I would.
Day 21 - Cardio with weights Challenge completed

Started a new food challenge, no cheating except for my one cheat day a week, which I'll make my pause days. This includes no bread 4 pause days
5/24 day 1 - No cheats
5/25 day 2 - no cheats made some interesting choices at the movies....but got it done.
5/26 day 3 - no cheats
stopped for now. I'm going to come back to this after my workout challenge is finished.

Last edited by Obsidianbbw; 05-29-2015 at 05:22 AM.
Old 05-22-2015, 02:11 PM   #416  
Peachbody

Obsidian, your exercise record is impressive. Keep going!
Old 05-23-2015, 08:29 AM   #417  
Intuituve Eater

I started a 14 day no pauses workout challenge in a face book group right after i started this one....It ends tomorrow and then you will see me have a pause day...Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Geri View Post
Obsidian, your exercise record is impressive. Keep going!
Old 05-23-2015, 11:37 AM   #418  
Mandy

S/C/G: 153/153/120

Height: 5'5'' or 165cm

Yay workinglikeadog!! Congrats!

Dr Geri, I know exactly what you mean. I only had two huge slices of cake (mind you they were chocolate truffle) because my dad brought them home. If he had eaten out, I would've been able to hold back very easily but it was right there!
Aw, that is sweet of him, at least. Drink lots of water, though! It can help to clean you out and makes you feel fresher anyway (;

Further calorie logging progress:
May 19th: Day 6
May 20th: Day 7
May 21st: Day 8
May 22nd: Day 9
May 23rd: Day 10
skip days: 0

I'm thinking of cutting sweets next. Might even be helpful if I start at a time closer to my trip. I'll likely be gaining weight there, anyway, so the least I can do is lay off the delicious donuts and s'mores we don't have in my country :P
wendybirdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 09:03 PM   #419  
Peachbody

Ok chicks up for a challenge, I am back and ready to try again. My new challenge is complex, but I am trying to set myself up for success. I am going to call it Two of Three. My options will be...

A: Just one sweet when sweets are available. My old pattern would have been at a banquet or buffet to take one of each kind of sweet available. Or if there was only one kind of sweet, to have more than one helping. But no more. If I have a sweet, it will be just one helping of one kind.

B: Water. I will drink one extra glass of unsweetened water per day. Thanks for the encouragement about drinking water, WendyBirdX!

C: Movement. I will do ten minutes of exercise a day. That does not sound like a lot, but it is ten more minutes than I am doing now.

Each day, I can choose any two from Options A, B, and C. I am hoping this flexibility will enable my success. Three pause days allotted.
Old 05-27-2015, 04:14 AM   #420  

S/C/G: 248/242/140

This is pretty cool. Each month I have been cutting out some kind of food; pop, ice cream, donuts, bars, etc. but in June I want to cut out eating after 8 pm. So I will set that as a 21 day challenge because unlike cutting food out, this one will be hard. I will go with four pause days because there is about once a week I cant get food on the table before 8.
May 27-day 1
Milkquasy is offline   Reply With Quote