Old 06-09-2013, 06:39 PM   #31  
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Hello everyone!

It's a little after midnight over here and I'm not tired at all because I slept all day. The airport crew delivered our luggage today at around 5pm, yay!

My Mom has a new scale that shows the weight in kilograms AND pounds which is pretty cool. I hopped on this morning and it said 141 lbs so I'm not too far off. I'm gonna start my official weigh-ins in maybe about a week from now, I'd say once I'm back on a regular sleeping and eating schedule.
About exercising: DH and I have decided to use the dumbbells and barbells that we have here at home instead of going to the gym. We're gonna go jogging on a trail behind our house and once I work I'll be riding my bike there and back (about 2.4 miles each way).

Kaitie9399 - That storm was weird. It made me feel uncomfortable but that could've been from all the stress. I'm glad the scale is finally moving for you! Keep up the good work

GettinFit - Phew, thank God you got your Laptop working again! Mine is making such loud noises, it overheats very fast! Good job on being OP!

lilmisschattabox - Hello! That's what we're here for! What eating/exercise plan do you follow?

Time to update my journal and then I'm gonna make myself some hot tea and paint my nails.
Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:02 PM   #32  

Hello Everyone!

OP for the day. No exercise, I was doing genealogy work and helping my husband do some resumes.

This week is going to be CRAZY! Tomorrow is a normal day but Tuesday I'm going on a trip to Washington DC with my students and then the very next day I'm going to Great Adventure with them...(rain date from last Friday) and then on Friday its out schools Carnival/Field Day. Argh!!

Have a great Monday everyone!
Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:13 AM   #33  
Determined!

S/C/G: 84.3kg/ticker/65kg

Height: 5'4"/164cm

I SAID NO TO CHOCOLATE!!! So I consider that a good Day 1!! I just about cried... but I didn't have any!!

I'm trying to cut out wheat, some dairy, sugar & processed foods at the moment. I'm hoping if I start feeling healthier it will motivate me a bit more to keep going and get back into regular exercise... then the weight will start moving!! That's the idea anyway

What does everyone else follow?
lilmisschattabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:00 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 218/190.4/155

Height: 5'7"

Happy Monday morning!

I'm happy to share I had another "whoosh" over the weekend - from 195.8 to 194.4. I am officially closer to 190 than to 200, and close to the 25 pounds gone mark! This morning a colleague told me how skinny I was looking. I wasn't totally OP over the weekend - DBF and I went out to a local pizza place and split a ten inch pizza - way more carbs than I would usually have, but it was balanced with some fat and protein. I took a walk yesterday evening but had to cut it short when it started to pour rain - there are flood watches in my area.

Littlemiss - welcome to the thread! It's good to have you. Congrats on saying no to chocolate. To answer your question, I am following a low-carbish plan - no sugar and processed food. I don't officially count carbs, but eat very little grains (bread, rice, potatoes, etc) and focus on veggies, protein, dairy, seeds, nuts, beans, lentils, etc. So typical breakfast could be omelette with cheese and veggies, or greek yogurt with seeds/nuts and berries. Lunch or dinner could be fish with salad, beans and greens, a hamburger without the bun with a bunch of steamed veggies. Snacks are cottage cheese, nuts, leftovers. I find I get much less hungry eating this way. I have insulin resistance so lower carb = more balanced blood sugar which means both appetite and mood are more balanced. I'm down 23.4 pounds since mid-February.

Hoopty - glad that you arrived safely! Best wishes to you in getting over jetlag and settling in.

Kaitie - almost to the end of the school year!

GettinFit - glad the computer is back online!
SuperCecilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:13 PM   #35  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Hello everyone and Happy Monday.

Cecillia - You are doing an awesome job!!! Before you know it, you'll be in the 180s.

Hoopty - I'm glad you're getting settled in.

lilmisschattabox - Great job on saying NO to chocolate! That's a big step. Keep up the good work.

Another OP day for me and I did a WATP DVD after work.

I hope everyone has a great evening.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:19 PM   #36  

Good Evening Everyone!

Not OP for the day. There was a bridal shower at work and I had a piece of cake with way too much frosting--yes I took a lot of it off but still, I didn't feel great after eating it. Too much. I also went with my dh to a work gathering and they had some tortellini thing, only had a little but they considered that 'dinner' and I'm sorry, but 3 pieces of tortellini and picky veggies is not dinner so we got wraps and chips. Not terrible but not great.

Tomorrow is Washington DC and I don't know why but I was super afraid of being deprived of food that I got: a soda, a king size caramello, a six pack of oreos, peanuts, and combos. It's funny, I packed it all up and threw in an apple. Yeah, like the apple is going to counteract all that crap. I can't explain it, but I felt like I might get hungry and shaky and not have anything to stop the shakes. IDK.

Anyway, I will see you all on Wednesday night so Happy Tuesday and Wednesday everyone!
Old 06-11-2013, 04:12 AM   #37  
Determined!

Day 2 and still resisted the chocolate.. And I was running around so much at work, I'm hoping it's actually gonna start moving some of this weight!!

supercecelia that sounds quite similar to what I'm following, I just need to keep OP!!!
Old 06-11-2013, 04:43 AM   #38  
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Hello girls,

I'm suffering from some serious jetlag. Also, there are so many things I have to get done and I'm really stressing out over everything. It's making me wanna eat all day long Still haven't figured out my job situation yet. The boss will be in tomorrow though, so I'm gonna find out then.
I hope I can get back on track with LIFE very soon.

lilmisschattabox - Congrats on resisting chocolate! Take one step at a time. Nobody said it was easy To answer your question - I try to avoid carbs, meat and dairy as much as I can! Other than that my focus is on fresh fruits & veggies, lots of protein from legumes and good fats.

Kaitie9399 - Have fun on your trip! I hope you'll be back with good news regarding your food intake.

SuperCecilia - Another whoosh? You're on a roll!

GettinFit - I hope you had another OP day!

Have a great day guys!
Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:59 AM   #39  

Good morning friends. Thanks for all your encouraging words. I was OP yesterday, and went and took a yoga class last night after a busy day at work (seriously, how much do I love my work-study set up at the yoga studio...there is no way I could afford this many yoga classes otherwise). I'm happy with my progress and need to make sure I don't get complacent - "oh, I'm doing so well and have lost so much, so it's okay if I have this plate of spaghetti, this bowl of ice cream, etc." (Does this happen to anyone else? Feeling like you "deserve" it or you can let up on your efforts when you've had a loss?) I know what works for me and need to keep working it! I am very excited to get to the 180s...haven't been there in almost ten years!

Hoopty - so many changes happening in your life right now. Break things down into baby steps and try to not worry about everything at once - that's what works for me when I am feeling stressed and overwhelmed. Hang in there!

Kaitie - Hope that you enjoy DC! How did you do with eating while you were away?

Lilmiss - congrats on day 2 of chocolate resistance. I've found what works for me when I want chocolate is that I make homemade hot cocoa: organic skim milk with 2 Tbsp of cocoa powder and just a bit of sugar or honey. It does the trick of giving me something chocolately and comforting without overdoing the carbs or the calories.

GettinFit - congrats on workout and OP day!
Old 06-11-2013, 11:16 PM   #40  

Hello Everyone!

DC was fun, the bus driver was a nightmare! but I have a major NSV!!!! I was not only able to make it through the 3 miles of walking that we did today but I was not even tired when we were done. All the other chaperones were dragging anchor and complaining of hurting feet or sore muscles but NOT ME!!! The only thing that hurt on my body were my ears and that was because my sunglasses were a little tight. Other than that, I was the leader of the pack and moving and shaking like the 4th and 5th graders--better than them actually! I never even had to stop and catch my breathe!! Wahoo! I'm in shape!! Yahoo!!!

Not OP. What is it about bus rides that just make you REALLY hungry? I had a small bag of combos, a king size caramello, and a little bit of soda--other than that I did pretty well. Thanks for asking!

Time for bed, I have another trip in less than 8 hours! We'll see if I'm still gung ho about my nsv tomorrow.... :-) hahahahaha
Old 06-12-2013, 01:49 PM   #41  

Hi all!

Kaitie - congrats on your NSV! Regardless of a scale number or a pants size, having a higher energy level and more stamina on long, busy days with lots of walking is a huge victory. Good for you.

I was not OP yesterday - I was at a lunch where Cheez-its were served (Cheez-its are EVIL - of all the addictive salty/crunchy/processed carb snacks out there, they are the worst) and I had two handfuls. Then I went to a work meeting and someone passed around chocolate and I had more than one serving. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a binge or anything, but definitely enough for the scale to register a higher number this morning. I also have a big, time-consuming stressful project going on at work this week which doesn't help matters. No excuses, though! No more self-sabotage!

BUT the good news is that I am OP so far today - Greek yogurt with berries and seeds for breakfast, cottage cheese for snack, and lots of veggies and tofu for lunch. I won't get a workout in today since it's just not possible time-wise, but should be able to get one in tomorrow.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:08 PM   #42  

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

I survived my double school trip days! Wahoo! I had just as much energy today and now that I just got home and sat down I feel like I have lots more! I know better than to think of doing wfp however. I may have energy but I do need to rest sometime! I probably walked 2 miles today.

Anyway! Definitely NOT OP, two days in a row but that was expected. You can't really be OP at an amusement park. I had fries and pizza and a cupcake. It'll be ok.

I had to laugh SuperCecilia, for the past three bus trips I've taken (all within4 days of each other) the school has packed a sandwich and cheez-its. Yum!

Anyway, off to rest a bit, maybe turn on the tv--gasp! I haven't watched tv in two days!
Old 06-12-2013, 09:19 PM   #43  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Hello everyone,

Just a quick check in to say hi and I'm hanging in there. No change on the scale so that tells me that I need to step up my game. I need to cut out sugar for a while and watch the carbs.

I hope you all have a great evening.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:08 PM   #44  
One pound at a time....

S/C/G: 189/155/139

Height: 5'1

Default Work week!!

Hi friends! I am exhausted! Worked 3 12 hour day shifts in a row at the new hospital! I am run ragged!! I have been OP all weekend and the work days!! Huge victory cause usually at the end of a long day I crave something bad for me but I did great this week. I must have walked 10 miles each day and its a good thing cause obviously there was no time for exercising! I will probably have a weigh in tomorrow so I'm hoping for some loss!! Just wanted to update really quick tonight! Time for some sleep!! Have a great Thursday!!

= 5 pounds

junebug37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:45 AM   #45  
Determined!

**** day at work yesterday, but today was better and now I've got three days off. I have managed to stay pretty much OP though yay! I'm going to brave the scales tomorrow... Hoping it shows SOME kind of downward movement!!