Old 11-16-2011, 03:58 PM   #91  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I did 56min of cardio/weights. The DVD instructor made my day when she commented that walking around with a stretchie band around her legs made her feel like a 'penguin'. {evil exercise called a 'firewalker' where you do a step-touch with a band tied around your ankles to work the outer thigh.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:14 AM   #92  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good morning everyone,

Penguin - Great job on hanging in there with your esercise
It's been very quite here this month. I hope everyone is doing okay.

I've been very busy at work and at home but I'm trying to hang in there and not do any crazy eating. I need to post my food for the next few days just to make sure I stay on track with my eating. This morning I had the urge to stop at McDs for a McGriddle but I fought off that urge and made b'fast at home before I left. I've been getting those little urges for fast food lately but I haven't given it to any except I had McDs oatmeal last Saturday.

Today's journal
B: 1 C grits w/1 sl cheese, bacon bits & salsa, coffee
L: Lean Cuisine Spaghetti & meat sauce, 5 mini Andes mints
S: 100 cal almonds, popcorn, tangerine
D: Progresso soup
Exercise: 20 min walk & standing ab work
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:14 AM   #93  
There's no fear...

S/C/G: 235/Tracker/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi ladies!

I mentioned in an earlier post that I was dealing with some stuff in my career that was time consuming. It slowed down recently but really didn't complete until yesterday. What I was working on was obtaining my license to practice law in NY - and as of yesterday, I got it! There is a swearing-in ceremony that makes this official, and that happened yesterday. And I celebrated afterwards, with food! So I was off-plan yesterday, big time. Beyond that I've been doing well on-plan. I missed my WW weigh-in this week so I'll have to wait til next week to see my results.

I'm actually on vacay right now but busier than usual. Forgive the lack of personals but I need to catch up! I'm on-plan today, hope everyone is doing the same!
Tricia Fierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 02:33 PM   #94  

Tricia, congratulations on getting your licence. Enjoy your vacation.

Gettin, good job on fighting off the urges for fast food!

Bible study isn't meeting next week because of Tday! Hubby and I are going to my parents Thursday but I'm taking half the meal to help out.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:13 AM   #95  
Just One Day!

S/C/G: 270/ticker/150

Height: 5'6''

So...I know there are only 12 days left in the month but I just found the site a few days ago...and uh ....would it be ok if I joined this thread until the end of the month?
tavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:55 AM   #96  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning ladies & Happy Friday

Tricia - Congrats on an awesome career accomplishment and on staying OP through this. You deserved a celebration yesterday. Enjoy your vacation too!

Tavvy - So nice to have you join in the challenge. It's never to late to set your goals for the month. I look forward to reading about your successes and getting to know you.

I'm doing okay with eating and I'm getting in some small workouts each day. I have a NSV that I'm so happy about. This morning they were giving Dunkin Donuts as we entered the bldg at work. I LOVE their cake donuts with glaze and in the past, there is no way I would have passed on free donuts Today I walked right on by the table. It felt so good to be in control of what I put in my mouth.

I hope everyone else has a great OP weekend.

Today's Journal
B: greek yogurt, string cheese, coffee
L: Lean Cuisine, frozen yogurt
D: TBD
S: TBD
Exercise: Walk & standing core workout

Last edited by GettinFit; 11-18-2011 at 08:56 AM.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:13 PM   #97  

Weekend plans involve tearing down the outide ramp Hubby built for April {<---}! She's running up and down it now so obviously she doesn't need it anymore, and I'm afraid it will get icy and I'll slip and break my backbone! I've actually enjoyed having it because it points toward the backyard where the porch steps point away toward the front of the house.

Tavvy, welcome glad to have you join us!

Gettin, good job on donut avoidance!
Old 11-18-2011, 04:48 PM   #98  

Later, I swept off the stairs and moved the items we had blocking them off from use, turned around and April was limping on her front leg. Arrrgghhh! I checked her front paws and found she had almost an entire empty pecan shell stuck on her 'biggest' paw pad {stupid squirrels!]. I removed that and she trotted off happily! That has happened a few times before, so at least I checked before I panicked.

I also did 50min of kettlebells
Old 11-18-2011, 05:21 PM   #99  
Just One Day!

Thanks ladies
So my goals for the rest of November are to:
1. Stick with p90x daily
2. Stay with my low carb diet (less than 100 carbs and at least 100 proteins)
3. Check in at least every other day on here!

As for today....not so awesome no workout. stayed within my calories but did not stay within my carbs at all!

This weekend the hubby and I have a conference at church this evening, tomorrow is a shopping and park day with the pups (we have two rat terriers) and Sunday is church again then dinner with my sister!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 11-19-2011, 10:05 PM   #100  

After sleeping late, we did the recycling, groc shopping and various errands today. Not very exciting.

Tavvy, how do you like P90x? A little Tony goes a long way. P90x2 is coming out soon. I'm on an exercise forum and I know some people who are ordering it for Christmas. I did a rotation a few years ago, Lean, I did the weight workouts but would sub in my own cardio workouts to keep me from getting sick of Tony. He's great but not everyday. Which rotation are you doing? How far along are you?
Old 11-19-2011, 10:39 PM   #101  
Just One Day!

Penguin- I actually really like p90x and am doing the classic rotation. Unfortunately, the farthest I've ever gotten is the second week before I came up with a million excuses why I haven't the time for the workout. My DH is very supportive but he lets me cop out without trying to inspire me to keep up the hard work. That is why I joined this site, for the accountability and inspiration!

As for Tony...when I was 8 I started doing my mom's Tony Little VHS workouts....Tony Horton is way less annoying than Tony Little (imo)! And if I start to get annoyed I turn it onto cues only.

In light of that, today I started over with a clean slate. I did the chest and back DVD as well as the ab ripper.

In the way of diet I had 1568 calories, 87 carbs, 150 proteins, and 12 cups of water.

Day one is a success

Last edited by tavvy; 11-19-2011 at 10:40 PM. Reason: redundancy
Old 11-20-2011, 11:29 AM   #102  

I used a curling iron on my hair this morning while getting ready for church. That 10min of work seems to make a big difference. The background is the shower tile Hubby put up a few years ago. http://i554.photobucket.com/albums/j...pics/002-4.jpg

Tavvy, I did the Lean rotation and I wish I had done the Classic, which seems a more well-rounded set-up. I'll occasionally pull out a DVD and do it, but will probably never do another full rotation. I workout exclusively to DVDs and have more than I will admit too, LOL. Is there a group here doing the rotation together? That might help you keep motivatied, but you are probably ahead of me.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:17 AM   #103  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning ladies,

I didn't get to check in this past weekend but I thought about my 3FC buddies. I haven't been on the scale but I feel like I'm maintaining. I'm in vacation mode already but I've been watching how much I eat and limiting the snacks. Three more days before I leave for Florida

Penguin - Your hairdo is very nice and so is the tile work.

Tavvy - great job on having a successful day and I hope you'll still doing okay.

Today's Journal

B: orange, coffee
L: Lean Cuisine, frozen yogurt
D: Progresso Soup or Lean Cuisine
S: Special K Protein bar, popcorn
Exercise: short walk
Old 11-21-2011, 03:22 PM   #104  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Hi ladies!! I was out of town for a few days and I am just getting back into the swing of things.

Tricia ~ Major congrats for getting your license in NY!!!! What an awesome accomplishment!!

Penguin ~ I like your hair! It curls nicely.

Tavvy ~ Welcome aboard!

GettinFit ~ Wow, the countdown to your cruise has begun...I know you will have a blast!!

Last edited by Emme; 11-22-2011 at 10:58 AM.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:04 PM   #105  
Just One Day!

Penguin: Love your hair! Mine won't hold a curl at all without a gallon of product! Also-did find a group on here for p90x, and it has been encouraging!

GettinFit: How fun! We are going on a cruise in March for our belated honeymoon and can already hardly wait! I know you'll have a great time!

Emme: Thanks for the welcome!

I have been OP since starting Saturday. I didn't notice anyone else doing it but I am just going to post my cals, carbs, and proteins for my own benefit...hope no one minds!

Sunday (day 2): did plyo dvd; had 1244 calories (overslept so couldn't fit in all 3 meals...just breakfast and dinner with a heavy snack in between), 70 carbs and 104 proteins...only 4.5 cups of water

Today (day 3): did shoulders and arms; had 1545 calories, 59 carbs, 150 proteins, 9 cups of water

Today I had blood drawn for a second thyroid test after being on meds for a month. I won't have results until next week.

Tomorrow will be the real test: working a full scheduled day (today was a half day and I don't work on weekends), working out, and cooking dinner (instead of eating out)...I know eventually these things will become second nature but my normal routine consists of working all day, stopping for a pizza and ice cream, and coming home to veg out from a stressful day...Instead I am going to be getting my stress out via exercise while I broil my dinner.

Hope everyone's week goes swimmingly!