Height: 5'7

Sun Nov 27
B= 2 c milk, vits, poptart
L= Jason's Deli small Spud Du Broc {I didn't name it!}
S= Pumpkin fluff
D= 6 Tricuit, Turkey, Cheese {TTC}, cranberry sauce, Cranberry blondie
S= Peanuts, peaches {not together}
E=none

I thought TOM was over but it surprised me, great, but that explains the exhaustion and weird cravings.

What I did right!= resisted the urge to snack mindlessly this evening, didn't stress eat, or give into weird TOM cravings.
What I wish I had done= exercise
What I wish I hadn't done= had less sweets and I could have been more active because I feel like I sat all day.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:27 AM   #122  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Hi ladies! Sorry I have been MIA...too much going on with the Thanksgiving holiday!

penguin ~ That's awesome about your loss...hey, a loss is a loss, right?!

tavvy ~ I'm glad you survived Thanksgiving!

My pants are a little tight, so I need to flush out my body with a ton of water and healthy eating. I ate like crap for days over the holiday, but I did manage to run a 5k which was nice!
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:50 PM   #123  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Mon Nov 28
B= 2 c milk, vits
L= Chicken, bread stuffing, green bean cas, carrots
D= Stew, roll
S= Pumpkin Fluff Parfait w graham crackers
S= 2 c choc milk- I don't want my stomach growling while I'm trying to sleep
E= 50min cardio/kbells

Right- skipped my morning poptart, had dinner later than usual to spread out my meals, kept exercising when I could have quit, didn't shoot computer when it froze on me.

Regret- didn't finish my 'to do' list

Wrong- could have been more active, got frusterated quickly, indecisive

Emme, you are right about the loss. I tend to get discouraged because so often I lose a few lbs only to have it come right back.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:10 PM   #124  
I am in control.

penguin ~ It looks like it might just be you and me for the last part of the month, lol!!

I really like that you have a "right" "regret" "wrong" section. It definitely affirms what was done positively and what could be done better. It helps with accountability, and I really like it!!

I know you mentioned that you keep regaining and losing the same few pounds. Do you count calories?
Old 11-29-2011, 01:44 PM   #125  

You know those cartoons where the person slips on a banana peel, flys up in the air then lands flat on their back?? Apparently that happens in real life, too, no banana peel needed. Fortunatly, I landed on my butt and there's a lot of padding there so I didn't break anything. However, I was already cold and now I have a icepack on my hip, but did I mention that nothing was broken and that's the important thing!

I don't believe I'll be working out or cleaning house today, either.

Emme, I'll take it as a chance to get to know you better! I counted calories for almost a year but I didn't find it very successful. I started great but ended up in a very bad place, eating majority foods I didn't like because they were low-cal so I could be within my 'budget'. I was miserable, unhappy and just fed up when I quit.

I found the 'right' 'regret' and 'wrong' idea in a weightloss log but condensed it to the 3 words. Very similar to the Beck system if you've heard or tied that, just another way to be accountable in a postive way, but pointing out areas where I could improve.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:21 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 220/209.5/160

Height: 5'5"

Well, hey gals. I'm sorry I've been MIA. It's been a mixture of busy and just not doing what I should be for this weight loss journey. I guess I got tired of trying. I need serious kick in the butt and that's why I am here. I have gotten back into exercising at least a couple of times a week...I meet with a work out buddy. It has been a big encouragement to me. But, the last few days I have eaten like the old me and been miserable. I won't give you details but it wasn't pretty! Like I said, I think I was tired of trying. I was already up a few pounds before this several day episode and was discouraged about that. I tried to blame the plan I was on even though I wasn't working it 100% so it's me I should blame rather than the plan. I guess I have to accept whatever plan I choose, it's going to be work and I'd better be "down" to work or I'll continue to fall back to where I sit this very minute.

Emme - I suppose a good lots of water flush and couple days of healthy eating will make all the difference for me too. I'll have to read back more than this page of posts to see where everyone is. If I remember right, Gettin is on vacation right now.

Penguin - So glad you weren't hurt in your fall. It sounds like the kind of thing I would do when a whole bunch of people were looking! I have the Beck book. I should dig that out since it's my own head that's killing my game!!! Thanks for the reminder.

I started my day badly and feel bloated as I type. So, my plan starts here. I think I'll do the most common "plan" here since I plan to stick it out with you gals and count calories. I signed up for myfitnesspal so I may as well be using it. I'll start that part tomorrow though.

S~venison roast (eek....we wrapped it in bacon...could be lotsa points), salad w/ff dressing, other green veggies (NO CARBS!!!!!!!!!!)

Exercise: upper body weights and some bonus abs and stretching

I still need to work in some cardio. I'll either swim or bike tomorrow and PLEASE HOLD ME TO THAT!
workinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:02 PM   #127  
Just One Day!

S/C/G: 270/ticker/150

Height: 5'6''

Hey ladies.
I have been "avoiding" the site because of need to confess!
My husband and I bought a lot in a subdivision on Saturday. We only had 7 days to get the loan approved or enter credit counseling and I have been an anxious mess since then...and I ate that anxiety yesterday and today I ate half of a pizza and two servings of manicotti yesterday, the other half of the pizza today and a peanut butter jelly sandwich. My stomach is killing me and I feel terrible for binging.

Tomorrow is a new day. I am going to fix my sleep schedule (in addition to overeating I haven't been sleeping) and I WILL eat appropriately! When I get home I WILL workout (for the first time since...Friday...)!

Good news from the doctor today-the smallest available dose of thyroid medicine has brought my thyroid levels back to normal.

I really feel like I let myself down the past few days but I know it won't help to beat myself up and it definitely won't help to get on here and lie about what I'm doing (though that would be so easy!)

Looking forward to an OP December

Thankfully we are getting credit counseling (two things on mine from before I turned 18 that are in my mom's name but on my SSN) and they said we will be able to close in 4-5 months which is perfect because the house is brand new and hasn't been built yet! I'm very excited for our first home!
tavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:10 PM   #128  

Working, I have a tendancy to 'change' things to suit me. Sometimes that works fine but other times I really need to go by THE PLAN. I fear weightloss is one of the latter. I enjoyed the Beck book and followed the plan for about a year, but I knew it wasn't something that I could do for the rest of my life. The 3 'r' questions condense the Beck system nicely for me..

Tavvy, glad to have you back. Congrats on the property. As you said, tomorrow is a new day. Start fresh. No beating yourself up.

I'm starting to stiffen up and walking is getting more painful. I think maybe a hot soak and two tylenol are in my future.

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 11-29-2011 at 11:03 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:11 PM   #129  

Tues Nov 29

B= 2 c milk vits,
L= turkey sand, 1/2 can peaches
D= chili, 2 cornbread
S= 5 or 6 Rocky Road squares
E= none

Right= Taking phone outside with me. If I had hurt myself I could have called for help! Not eating RR Squares as I was making them! Only had some as I was cutting/boxing them for tomorrow.

Wrong= Falling down and going boom! Eating 5-6 squares instead of 2-3!

Regret=Not taking asprin sooner. Not eating enough in the morning.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better and I won't be too sore!
Old 11-30-2011, 10:22 AM   #130  
I am in control.

penguin ~ I hope you are ok after your fall! Hopefully your aches and pains will go away soon.

workinmom ~ I'm sorry to hear that you are going through a rough patch. I know I have been eating like my old self again lately and it's just this week that I started to reel it back it. I think sometimes it just feels good to "let go", but then we have to realize that letting go = gaining weight = being unhappy and disheartened. I hope it gets getter for you. Oh, and be sure to get your cardio in today, lol!!

tavvy ~ Wow, it sounds like there is a lot of anxiousness and uneasiness going on!! You are right: don't beat yourself up about your eating. Today is a brand new day and you can start fresh from here. Also, it's awesome that your thyroid level is back to normal, woohoo!! And you are going to build a new house...how awesome is that?!?!

I started the December thread, so I'll see you guys all on there tomorrow if not later today!!
Old 11-30-2011, 11:54 AM   #131  

S/C/G: 220/209.5/160

Height: 5'5"

tavvy - Well, now we got the confession part out of the way and we can turn our attention to getting back on track, right? Stress is tough on health and I hope it eases for you soon. Building a home may mean it's not over though so it's probably good you're getting things in check now. Such good news about the thyroid meds! Yep....December will definitely be better!!!!

patchwork Thanks. Maybe that will be my goal for Dec. Pick a plan and stick with it....no tweaking. I woke up this a.m. and wished I had picked WW since I know it. I'll decide for sure later today and it will be my main goal for Dec to give it the full 30 days and see how things go.

Emme Thanks for starting the Dec. thread. I'm going to hop on over and not look back!

I ended yesterday with a long sauna told myself I was cleansing and getting the last month out of my system. It's a fresh start and I'm so looking forward to it!
workinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:21 PM   #132  

Quote:
Originally Posted by workinmom View Post

I ended yesterday with a long sauna told myself I was cleansing and getting the last month out of my system. It's a fresh start and I'm so looking forward to it!
I like this idea.

Wed Nov 30
B= 2 c milk, vits, poptart
L= Old Venice salad, 1/2 Chicken Rustica Panini, 1/2 breadstick
s= Pumpkin fluff, 2 squares
D= Sweet Pot cas, green bean cass, dressing, cornbread
S= 6+ today's cookies {had to bake more for tomorrow's luncheon}
E= none~ spent most of the day sitting on the heating pad again. I did start the sweater Im knitting for Hubby for Christmas!

Right- having a starter salad and stopping when full at lunch

Wrong= Eating as many cookies as I did yesterday

Regret= thinking "I deserve cookies because I'm hurting"

I'm going to go soak in the tub again...

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 12-01-2011 at 02:15 PM.