Old 11-01-2011, 02:20 PM   #16  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

thanks GettinFit - I know you'll be getting there very soon too!!

Hi Allie- if you look up at the top right corner of the thread, there is a box called "thread tools" and if you click on that, you'll be able to subscribe to the thread. You can either have an email sent to you when there are new posts, or you can use the User CP (user control panel) when you log in to 3fc and that will show you all of your subscribed threads with new posts. There is so much great stuff here, it is too easy to lose track!

and yay for everyone for committing to another month on plan!!
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 03:14 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 196/196/135

Height: 5'5"

Thanks April.
What is the Dukan Diet?
I am having such a hard time getting/staying motivated. I think I am having a mini-mid life crisis. Most people get a sports car or a boyfriend....I got 67 pounds!!! Bwaahaahaa! I am hoping being able to share and be accountable hear will help. I do WW online because my schedule does not permit attending meetings the same day everyweek for WI. I work 0645a to 830p 3x a week and they are never the same days....I am also finding that since the kids are older and in school FT I am floundering with no schedule on my 4 days off....I should be able to use the time to work on myself and my health and instead I flounder and self sabatoge. UGH.
Allie
Alliern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 03:49 PM   #18  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

hey all!

i kind of hugely failed last month and instead of losing weight i gained! ha. i suck. my body is determined to stay right around 250. anyway, with it being a crazy season, i'm not going to try to lose 10 pounds this month, as is my typical goal. i'm gonna shoot for 5 (to make my ticker accurate heh) and anything more will be fantastic!

my goals are the same:

1) count calories like a fiend! (no more than 1700 per day!)
2) drink water like i'm perpetually parched (80oz per day or more!)
3) cardio like i'm running for my life 3-4 times per week.
4) STAY MOTIVATED! that means coming here, and making/posting my motivational 'posters' on my thread in 100lb club
5) weigh weekly (on mondays) so i'm not discouraged by daily fluxes.

you all are a great group!

Last edited by konfyoozed; 11-01-2011 at 03:50 PM.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:04 PM   #19  

Hi Mandy,
I am new and I weigh mondays as well!
I have 60-70#s to lose, it seems unattainable right now.
I gained this month too and really need the support.
Nice to meet you!
Allie
Old 11-01-2011, 04:11 PM   #20  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Mandy ~ I just read through all of the motivations posters/sayings you have on that thread...wow!! Love it!! Keep it up, it is very motivating.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:22 PM   #21  

allie - i still have 80+ to go, after already losing about 50. the first 50 was easy... it's getting motivated for the second 50 that's kicking my butt... i imagine the last 50(ish) will be even worse! good luck to you and welcome to the group!

emme - i'm glad you like them! i have so much fun making them. i use google to find the quotes and images, then picnik to merge them

Last edited by konfyoozed; 11-01-2011 at 04:24 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:16 PM   #22  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good evening ladies,

Allie. Nice to have you join us on this journey. I'm also following the WW program. I go to an At Work meeting. Try and set small goals for yourself, say to lose the first 10. Also, I find that the challenge to stay OP for 60 days has really helped me. Just take it one meal at a time and you will be in your groove before you know it.

Mandy - I hope Nov is a better month for you. Hang in there and you'll get below 250.

Workin - Congrats on resisting the temptation at lunch. You will be rewarded when W/I times comes around. I'm trying to keep my menus exciting so that I don't get bored. I can't believe the self control I have now. I just pray that I stay in this zone.

I stuck to my eating plan today and I got in my 3 mile walk. Also did some upper body work with weights while watching Biggest Loser.

I hope everyone else has had a great day.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:21 AM   #23  

Hi ho Hi ho, It's off to work I go!
Allie
Old 11-02-2011, 09:27 AM   #24  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning ladies,

Allie - How was your first day back OP? Have a great day and stay OP

Mandy - I hope that losing the next 50 isn't going to be as bad as you think. Hopefully, once you get in a groove, the weight will drop off. Hang in there and stay strong.

Penguin - How are you doing? I hope you've gotten rid of the bug you had.

After being stuck at 210-211 for weeks, It seems as though I'm making up for it this week. Today I was 207.8!!! I haven't been this low in years This is just what I need to help keep me on track on the cruise.

I hope you ladies all have a rockin Wednesday.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:00 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 220/209.5/160

Yesterday felt really good. I'm looking forward to doing it again. We're taking my daughter and some friends out for pizza for her 16th b'day this eve. I'll just be ordering a salad and that sounds good! I thought about having a piece of pizza and count the points for it but I don't think I'll want to stop at one so I'm going to have salad and diet pop instead.

Gettin - 207.8 is so exciting! CONGRATS!!! You're an inspiration to me!
Mandy and Allie - I have to take smaller goals and even they seem daunting to me a lot of the time anymore due to trying and failing so many times. But, I like the one day at a time or one pound a week approach. I CAN DO THAT!
April - Thanks for the "tools" tip. I didn't know that either.

DAY 2
B~french toast 2 pt, decaf w/sf creamer 1 and frothed skim milk (I bought a little frother. Was that ever worth the $10!)
L~WW soup, yogurt
Sn~carrots, popcorn 3, unsweetened applesauce
D~salad, diet pot

I missed my exercise last eve. I was kind of bummed. I chose to go home and try to ride bike right after work. That wasn't the thing to do. I ran out of daylight and there's just nothing else I can do at home that's cardio with these feet. I can't wait to get a trainer. But, I'll do my lower body today and maybe I can go in early and swim tomorrow.

Last edited by workinmom; 11-02-2011 at 10:01 AM.
workinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:08 AM   #26  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

GettinFit ~ Wow, 207?!?! You are rockin' it, girl! Keep up the amazing work!

workinmom ~ I'm glad you had a such a good day yesterday, and I hope today is just as good. It's great that you are planning ahead and making the decision now to eat salad instead of a piece of pizza tonight. It's good to know what your triggers are, and I'm the same way...one piece just wouldn't be enough!

Kim ~ I hope you are out there somewhere! I know the end of October was rough for you, but we are still here for you.

Allie ~ I hope you have a great day today!

I am home sick today, blech. At least I can relax and take care of myself. Lots of sleep, lots of rest, and just hanging with my pup.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:15 PM   #27  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good afternoon ladies,

Workin - I'm so happy for you that you had a good day yesterday and your plan to avoid the pizza tonight is a great idea until you get to where you're able to just have 1 piece. I hope today is going to be another great OP day for you. Believe me it will get easier as time goes by. It took me about 3 months to get to the point where I feel totally in control and where I have no problem saying no. Remember 2012 is going to be our year to reach our weight goals

Emme - I hope you feel better today Get lots of R&R.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:19 PM   #28  
Stay Focused & Committed

Today's Journal

B: Light Wheat w/Laughing Cow, 1C skim milk, Coffee w/Flavored creamer
S: Breakstone Cottage Double, apple
L: Lean Cuisine Classic Macaroni & Beef, Lettuce/Tomato sal w/1 serv Lite Ranch; Skinny Cow Heavenly Crisp bar
D: Progresso Soup, 1pc dark choc, coffee
Exercise: Firm or Turbo Jam
Old 11-02-2011, 01:21 PM   #29  
Stay Focused & Committed

Kim - How's everything going?
Old 11-02-2011, 01:26 PM   #30  

i have found a new friend in my calorie counting quest!

i have resisted buying a spaghetti squash for so long because i'm not typically a fan of squash. HOWEVER. i spotted them at the grocery store last night and they weren't super expensive, so i grabbed one. used some muscle (it was a work out!) to chop it into quarters, microwaved the quarter i was eating for 7 minutes and let it sit for 3, held it with an oven mitt and scraped the 'spaghetti' out. it was about a cup (42 calories) i added 1/2 a table spoon of butter (50 calories) a table spoon of grated parm (20 calories) and a sprinkle of onion salt and garlic powder. plate full of food for a little over 100 calories. AND IT'S DELICIOUS. a little bit sweeter than pasta with a little bit of a crunch... but more flavor in general and it's just good. LOVE IT!

added to a half a liter of water, and a thing of 130 cal fat free greek yogurt and my lunch is full of protein and nutrients and lacking in calories and fat. woot!