Old 11-07-2011, 07:39 PM   #46  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I agree....this thread is dying/dead but you WOW girls are all I've ever known!!!!!! I wonder what it takes to motivate us. I know I need to come back more frequently and check in. I lose my motivation, slip off being healthy and disappear from here when I know I need to be here!

That said, I think these things come and go in waves, so let's try to make an honest effort to keep it going.

I started back over again today, trying to be on plan. I meant to get to the gym but didn't manage that exactly. I work today 1:30-12mid.

W- 3-4 Liter
E- does working 10 hrs count as exercise?
E- breakfast was Eggbeaters in a whole wheat tortilla with some orange/carrot juice from my juicer. Lunch was turkey and spinach in another whole wheat tortilla, snacks are: sliced carrots, apple slices, and dry roasted edamame/cashews/pistachios/almond mix, all sitting on my desk to pick at, and dinner is steamed cod with salad.
D-If you don't like the way your body looks, it's probably not too happy with you either....LOL !!!!!!!

Love to all xoxoxo Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:05 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

xoxoxo thanks ladies, glad to be here with you. If you'll keep coming, I'll keep it up too, but will also keep looking for something new we might like. More tomorrow, but I am whipped!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:58 AM   #48  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

So it has been about 4 years on this weight loss journey. I have not reached the promised land yet but WOW has been there all the way. Don't leave me now girls. We are here and we make a good team.

Michelle- I am here to pull you up by your bootstraps. I will even come and stalk you on facebook if need be. You stick with it girl. You have accomplished so much already. You can do anything!!!

MM- you hold a special place in my heart. you and I have a lot in common and you are so strong. You are one dedicated momma!!!! You stick with us girl.

I saw 178.2 the other day. YIPPY!! Then I ate some stupid tortilla chips and put on 3 pounds of water weight. I have been guzzling water ever since. Back to 179.4 today. I've got to keep my head on straight when food is involved. Other than that I ate very responsibly all weekend.

Let's do this girls!!!
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:51 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 315/293/275

Height: 5'3"

I'm with you Mindy. I need to concentrate on nutrition too.

W- 80 oz (been hitting it for a few days now)
E- Arm day
E- Stay between 1500-1800 cal
D- Enjoy the beautiful day
Thinsole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:41 AM   #50  

Morning all! Happy Friday! (For me anyway) I will regret it, because work is so crazy busy that you pay for every day off with an exploded case load of files, but I need to de-stress. Have a meeting for my Real Estate Thursday and then cleaning Friday. (Maybe Christmas lights too-not turned on, just hung out before the snow and cold really take hold) then Saturday it is off to Vermont for a tournament YS is competing in. Funny, but much less stressful than 'work'

I am happy to be here with you ladies and I can't imagine this journey alone. That was why I asked if anyone had any ideas, figures we would all go together, but I like the idea of staying here too and I am sure we will see some old friends after Christmas when everyone restates their weight loss goals for the New Year.

That said, what I am doing is not working for me. I haven't been able to get back out of the 150's and I know that is because I am simply not working at it hard enough and I am too damn stressed to care. Have to make time to take care of me, or I am going to explode.

w - 100 oz, more effort, have been not paying attention to this as I should. There is a huge 32oz insulated cup on my desk. Need to return to polishing that baby off 3x a day
e crunches and resumption of c25k, with an eye told a race that happens the first week in February in Lake George called the Polar Cap (4 miles) so a bit more than 5k. Maybe a New Year's race too, but will see how I do til Christmas before I decide what my first race back will be. Not joining the gym at this time, have all I need at home and one more place to get to just adds to my stress. Do need to incorporate weights into my routine though. Need to figure that out.
e Paying for WW online and not using it. Stop that. Need to count points and get my money's worth.
d Treat myself much better than I do.

Last edited by mothermavis; 11-09-2011 at 10:44 PM.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:04 PM   #51  

Mavis- Sounds like you've got a solid battle plan. I can't tell you how many times I've let life getting hectic get in the way of my weight loss. Hopefully things will cool down after Christmas. And just think how good it will feel to already have so many months of working on that New Year's resolution under your belt BEFORE you make it!

W- 80 oz
E- W9D2 C25K Done (Only one more day left and it's my 5K on Saturday!!)
E- Trying to keep an extra calorie deficit without going into starvation mode.
D- We are who we make ourselves.

Today I ran my next to last C25K workout. It's been rainy here but when I left my house it was only a light rain. Yeah, got down the road about a mile and downpour!! The best part...I kept running! The water was pouring into the gutters and the wind was blowing leaves in my face. A few people driving by actually slowed to gawk at the crazy woman out running in a rain storm. It was awesome!! I came back a giant puddle and my ipod paused my time halfway through my run but I finished. No rainy day excuses for me!
Old 11-09-2011, 01:57 PM   #52  

Hey ladies -

Sorry, so glad you're still here! Life has been crazy, Des had croup last week, Darcy has it now. Monday a good friend lost her twins at 20 weeks along...not much good going on at the moment! Still hanging in there at 175, tapering off on the breastfeeding, so hopefully once we're weaned the weight will drop - it always has in the past. I'll try and check in more often...promise!
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:49 PM   #53  

Oh Emi, so sorry for your friend. That is so sad.
Sorry the kids have been sick too.

Thin, good for you! Can't wait to hear about your 5k!

Mindy, Thank you! Let's rock this!

Michelle, Love the 'D' and I bet you are right too!
Old 11-09-2011, 10:54 PM   #54  
Calorie Counter

Hi ladies. I am alive I am so sorry I haven't been checking in. Night shift has officially kicked my butt. My brain doesn't work, at all. I forget everything these days. My food and water has been okay, but my workouts, oh I miss them. I have been able to find some time here and there, but not like I used to. I'm slowly starting to try to get back to my running routine, but with my 2 hours of here and there sleep, my energy is used up just making dinner.

Anyway, I will try to check back in more often. Love you all!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:20 AM   #55  

Jeni! We have missed you! Hoping you can find your time! I am struggling with too many hours of work and not enough motivation. Working on that too!

w 100 oz
e c25k, need to see what week I am on. Thinking I will be fine to go back to week 3 or so and start working there. Also fishing out my TurboJam DVD for non-running days. crunches 50 upper, 50 lower
e sticking with my points, stopped at the grocery at 7pm last night when I finally got done work, so I have what I need
d Have to stop and make time for what's important. Need to keep putting myself at the top of that list
Old 11-10-2011, 07:41 AM   #56  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

See..the gang is rocking.

MM- DO you like the WW online. A friend of mine recently joined. I am hesitant to pay any more $$ for some program, They never seem to work.

Jeni- Glad to see you.

So last night I went to the gym. Ran a mile and then did 20 min. on the bike. It should be TOM today, but things have been really wierd the last few months so we will see.

I have conferences tonight until 8:30. YUCK!!!
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:21 AM   #57  

Mindy, I do like WW online. I need to stick with it though. It works if I do it! I found a deal with no joiner fee, I think it was $58 for three months. I like that you can also get an app to use it on your phone with the subscription. My phone is always with me, so can track my points easier. Now, I just need to practice USING it! I want to give it an honest couple of months. See how I do and then decide.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:45 PM   #58  

emily- Sorry about your friend. And the general badness of sick kids. Hope things get better for you soon!

Jeni- Good to see you back! I hated night shift Hope you can get some more time to workout but way to go on keeping to a good diet!

Mindy- Good luck with conferences. I've done WW online before and I liked it. The thing is you have to use it, everyday. And it seems to take a decent chunk of time to log everything until you build up a list of your frequently used foods and activities. I switched from that to fitday and my own calorie counting because, well, fitday is free. The only downside is as you lose weight WW cuts your points so you keep losing and fitday just lets you see how much you're eating. Plus their approximations for how many calories you burn for exercise aren't always that accurate.

W- 80 oz (only 60 yesterday)
E- 1 mile walk, some arm work
E- No eating after work (the last two days the munchy bug has hit, usually means TOM)
D- Weight loss is 100% physical and 100% mental, so get ready to give 200%
Old 11-10-2011, 07:28 PM   #59  

Thin, love the "d"
Old 11-11-2011, 01:16 PM   #60  

Thanks Mavis.
Today
W- 80 (made it last night)
E- Rest day before tomorrows big 5K
E- Between 1500-1800 cal and no eating after work
D- Rest can be just as important as activity.