Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 11:01 AM   #241  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

JUST DO IT! No excuses!

Was feeling gross and run down yesterday. Didn't want to go for my run. Made myself get out and run. Feel a million times better today. JUST DO IT.

Made another amazing iteration of my signature dinner "crap in a pan" last night. Recipe is as follows - heat some oil, sautee some protein, add a bunch of chopped veg and some herbs/spices, cover and cook until done. Voila! Crap in a pan! The combinations are endless. Last night I added some organic pasta sauce into the mix....mmmmm. Who says healthy cooking has to be complicated??!?!

10K in 10 days!! Vacation in 16 days!!

Last edited by peanutt; 09-16-2011 at 08:51 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:52 AM   #242  
Bonettey

S/C/G: 384/375/150

Height: 5' 11"

happy Thursday all,

Well I tore my tendons in my plantar fasciitis yesterday. I can barely walk today. Doing every thing I can to get back on my feet. I need to be able to work but, right now I am more focused on being able to do my race in two weeks. I signed up for the race for the cure on Oct 2nd. I was hoping to be able to do the 5k but now I hope to just be able to participate in the 1 mile walk. If not I'll go out and cheer on my friends. I am getting a steroid shot in my heel so I can walk and then I'll just have to see. Trying to keep a positive attitude.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:59 AM   #243  
Bonettey

Jeanettey's Mid-Week challenge

Surprise Early morning Reveille

Completed by

Sarge, Celrae, MadamB, Rainbow, Tate, Sarati, Fitgirl, ennay and Me

Let me know if I missed anyone. Thank you for participating!!!

Challenge is on page 13, post #191,........One more day to get it in.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:33 PM   #244  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanettey View Post
happy Thursday all,

Well I tore my tendons in my plantar fasciitis yesterday. I can barely walk today. Doing every thing I can to get back on my feet. I need to be able to work but, right now I am more focused on being able to do my race in two weeks. I signed up for the race for the cure on Oct 2nd. I was hoping to be able to do the 5k but now I hope to just be able to participate in the 1 mile walk. If not I'll go out and cheer on my friends. I am getting a steroid shot in my heel so I can walk and then I'll just have to see. Trying to keep a positive attitude.
yikes!! feel better soon jeanettey!!! hope the steroid shot helps!! love your attitude!! even if you can't walk or complete the 5k or 1 mile...cheering on others...yeah YOU!! maybe get a wheelchair and push yourself the mile!! you can do it!! hugs, susan
Old 09-15-2011, 12:48 PM   #245  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Jeannettey - heal heal heal!!!! Dont overdo it between now and then even if the steroids make it feel better. PF is a

I've been struggling with food for the past week. I have a big pot of zucchini soup in the fridge and I think I am back on track today

Last edited by ennay; 09-15-2011 at 12:48 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:23 PM   #246  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

Ksquared - I love the pics, you look great!

Rated - Another vote for giving it more time. Whenever I make major changes I try to give it a month before I decide if it is working or not. Cardio can cause water weight in your muscles, some things more than others. Whenever I hit the elliptical after a long time away from it I KNOW I will have a bit of a gain.

peanutt - I have 'crap in a pan' for lunch and/or dinner quite often. I'm lovin that name for it, btw

Jeanettey - I am so sorry, ouch! I hope you heal up quickly.

Yesterday was an awesome day after being up early and getting in some early run time. Thursdays are my sleep in days, but I think I may try the early thing again tomorrow. Thanks Jeanettey for making me try it, if it hadn't been for your challenge I would have napped after taking him to work. I twisted my ankle slightly on my run though and almost fell during the lunge section of weight lifting class and now have a giant bruise on my right foot all due to my feet having lost more weight and my shoes sliding around. I went and got some vibrams yesterday afternoon, hubby said I needed to even though I didn't want to spend the money because it was now a safety concern. I haven't done a workout in them yet, but I did walk around the house and do a few hallway sprints last night, so far I'm in love.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:19 PM   #247  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Hi Troops! Sorry, Sarge has gone dark for a bit but here's a reminder of what we're fighting for this week:

Pledges 9/11-9/17:

Chick = 1
Peanutt = 1.6
KitKat-Earl = 1
Josey = 1
Budget = 2
Sarati = .5
Rmc = .5
Mya = 1
ennay = .4
Jeanettey = 4 Impressive pledge!
Anon = .5
Iamerican = 1
Ksquared = 2
Rated = .8
Kitty = 2
Chesh = .5
Tate = 3
Joyful = .5
Dzak = 1.5
Kuri = 1
Munchey = 2
DarelRex= 2
Envelope = 1
SewWhat = .5
Proathis = 1
Shaka = 1
Dreamer = 1

Returner/Newbies:
Kris2008 = 2
FitGirl = 1
Ruby = 1
Lisa = 4

Maintainers/Coffee Break/Vacations
Sarge
Pokey
MadamB
Rainbow
Celrae
PacSun
Reso

TOTAL PLATOON GOAL = 41.5

Last edited by JayTee; 09-18-2011 at 12:42 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:34 PM   #248  
SARGE

BLACK OPS TEAM CHALLENGE STARTS WITH THIS SUNDAY WEIGH-IN!

Here's the list of players: Rated, Ries, Josey, Rainbow, Anon, PacSun, Ksquared, Pokey, Joyful, Dzak, Jeanettey, Chick, Ennay, Peanutt, Sarati, Dreamer, Rmc, Diyana, KittKatt, Tate, Envelope, FitGirl, Budget, Celrae, K3, Sewhat, Sarge, Kitty

Here's Sarge's final verdict on the rules.

---Competition runs from 9/18 to 12/18.

---One player, the player with lowest % of body weight lost will be eliminated each week unless they did better than the player being eliminated on the NBC show.

We will compare our % against the NBC show and the 3FC BL thread. This is a just for snicks competition. Like Peanutt said, no one is walking away with $250,000 grand prize. We'll also name a winner of those eliminated at the end of the competition.

Sarge is even gonna participate to protect his troops for as long as possible. Players who fail to report in on Sundays ARE THE FIRST TO BE ELIMINATED!!!! That also protects those players taking this very seriously for as long as possible.

Thanks again to Anon for that wonderful spreadsheet! Without it, we couldn't do this...

Keep up the great work all!

Last edited by JayTee; 09-15-2011 at 08:36 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:29 PM   #249  
The Awesomeness!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/130

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTee View Post
BLACK OPS TEAM CHALLENGE STARTS WITH THIS SUNDAY WEIGH-IN!

Here's the list of players: Rated, Ries, Josey, Rainbow, Anon, PacSun, Ksquared, Pokey, Joyful, Dzak, Jeanettey, Chick, Ennay, Peanutt, Sarati, Dreamer, Rmc, Diyana, KittKatt, Tate, Envelope, FitGirl, Budget, Celrae, K3, Sewhat, Sarge

Am I allowed to be in the competition?
Old 09-15-2011, 07:30 PM   #250  
The Awesomeness!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/130

Height: 5'0

I am only 3lbs away from losing 50lbs! When I hit that mark I am going to put up some before and afters. I have my befores, but haven't taken any pics since. I can't see the difference, but my clothes can!
Old 09-15-2011, 07:53 PM   #251  
Bonettey

Thank you for the words of compassion ladies.

Trying to keep a good attitude but it's hard not to feel sorry for myself when I have been working so hard, getting such great results and now I feel de-railed. trying to keep my chin up.

Kitty Katt - (since we have a kittkatt can we call you kitty?) I know the excitement of the loose clothes. I am wearing my baggy capris for as long as the warm weather holds out and it's nice when people tell me my pants are too big. I just smile and say thank you! Work hard for that 3 lbs.

I look very forward to helping you celebrate
that 50lb mark. You go girl.

Last edited by Jeanettey; 09-15-2011 at 08:00 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:43 PM   #252  
SARGE

Kitty-- Yup, added you to the BlackOps.

Jeanettey--CRA* on that injury! Don't let it de-rail your efforts. We'll help you limp thru this!

Sarge leaving a note to himself...Post #126 has the latest updated pledge board & black ops team.

Let's get ready to RUMBLE!!!!!
Old 09-15-2011, 09:18 PM   #253  

Height: 5' 8"

Peanutt - JUST DO IT is the name I listed for my am phone alarm. My 10K is in 10 days too, but somehow I forgot to schedule the Vacation in 16 days!

Kitty you are soooooo close, can not wait to celebrate with you!!!

Jeanetty - OUCH! Hope you are feeling better soon!

Night all...Have to get up early to get the challenge in!!!

Last edited by envelope; 09-15-2011 at 09:18 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:22 PM   #254  

S/C/G: 252/225/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanettey View Post
happy Thursday all,

Oh NO!! This happened to me and it has been weeks to get better. Still tonight lots of pain after a long day. Please ice it every night for as long as you can, it will help. You may need to change your workouts to swimming or other less stressful things. Wish you the best.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:20 PM   #255  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

Haven't posted for a few days, work has been running late everyday and time has been short, not much of an excuse, i really need to redouble and re-evaluate my commitment, i am having difficulty lately, don't know whats the problem, i think i need to return to basics like journaling everything i eat to start with, really struggling to do my walk every day, once i'm at it i'm OK, it's just getting motivated to do it, i still haven't missed a day but some days it's a lot of turmoil.

Reading the talk the last few days on honesty was good, it brought me back to square one, it's funny how we start to fool ourselves, one must be completely honest with one self in order to accomplish our goals, i have been struggling with my food and my motivation, thinking nothing was wrong but i can see a storm on the horizon, i need to take steps to weather this storm.

Starting tomorrow i will be returning to basics and driving forwards with renewed determination, i feared the return of this, i am ready for another fight though, there is no way i will fail.

Sorry if my post seems negative, it's not though, one must recognize when things are about to go wrong and work extra hard to make them right, that time is here for me now, i feel it. Perhaps it's the onset of winter.

Hi Rainbow, i'm still around, just working through another challenge that needs my full attention right now, i read every day still, i'm still cheering for everyone even if i'm quiet.
Closed Thread