Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 08:22 PM   #136  
Bonettey

S/C/G: 384/375/150

Height: 5' 11"

Reso -

Diyana - Awesome NSV. That's as good as it gets!!! (I'm an emotional eater)

Hardcore ladies I'm at 330 minutes.

Get movin ladies....Get off the computer and your butt-er...

Old 07-19-2011, 08:39 PM   #137  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

KittyKat - I am rehabbing a back injury and am not allowed to do weight bearing exercise yet. I do Zumba dancing while sitting on an exercise ball. You can also dance while sitting in a chair. I recommend the ball over the chair so that you can roll right and left (in a controlled manner), and you have to engage your core more on the ball than in a chair. Move your arms, wiggle your hips. Lift your legs (either bent or straight). You'll be amazed how much of a cardio workout you can get. I hope you toe heals quickly. Ice and elevation.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:44 PM   #138  
The Awesomeness!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/130

Height: 5'0

Thanks everyone! I don't belong to a gym, but I am signing up for one less than a quarter mile from my house this weekend. No more excuse of not wanting to drive to one! I have a pool so I am going to start doing laps, but I have to wrap my foot in plastic so my wrap doesn't get wet. I am looking into an ab ball as well. I'm not going to get down about my injury. I am just going to use it as a good excuse to learn some new exercises and switch up my routine. Ready to melt some butt-er!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-19-2011, 08:48 PM   #139  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Kitty- The shadow boxing in a chair/couch is the cardio if you do it really fast.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:11 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 222/156.0/145

Height: 5'7''

Platoon, I just read a really great article that is short and I would really like to share with you all:

Eliminate Your Excuses by Reframing Them
You can come up with a thousand reasons why you shouldn't do something, but it can be far more difficult to find one good motivational reason to move you forward. Getting past this problem may be as simple as reframing your excuses to help eliminate them altogether.
So how do you do this? Productivity blog Work Awesome suggests you ask yourself the following questions:

--Are you saying that I should encourage you to fail because your excuse is valid?

--Are you saying that you should encourage me to fail if I have your same excuse?

--Has there ever been someone in history who has succeeded in spite of your excuse?

--How might someone who has succeeded at your goal think about your excuse?

--What's your life going to be like 5 years from now if you believe this excuse?

Ultimately, anything that helps you come to the realization that your excuses are pretty much B.S. will do the trick and these questions should help. Most of the time, your willingness to not do something or just give up is what stops you. So, reframe your excuses so they don't have that kind of power. It might make them easier to eliminate.

Anyway, I really liked that and I tend to come up with lots of excuses in my head and have to actively talk myself out of giving in, so I find this sort of stuff helpful.

Josey -- I hope you finished up week 8 this evening!!!

Last edited by AnonymouslyYours; 07-19-2011 at 09:12 PM.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:21 PM   #141  
Fighting the Good Fight

Height: 5'1"

Kitty: Can you stand up? If so you can do squats with legs together and with legs apart. You can do pushups--against the wall if you're new to them.. You can do leg raises from a chair for your abs. Enough of that in a row is a workout, trust me!

diyana--wtg! nothin says "EAT!!!!" quite like stress! Sister!

So.

Pre-Lights Out Report:

HII Strength Training--Done
Calorie Limit = 1300
Calories Consumed = 1260
Fully hydrated.

Duty done 07-19-11 See y'all at Zero Dark Thirty tomorrow!

Last edited by spanky; 07-19-2011 at 09:23 PM.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:22 PM   #142  

Height: 5' 8"

Josey - You can chase after me on our challenge.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:16 PM   #143  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Height: 5'7

Hi all! Busy busy day and I'm exhausted on top of it, so just a quickie!

MadamB and K3 - Shredding away! I'm sore from Shred AND boxing, so basically I'm just shuffling around like and old person and wincing when I try to sit on the toilet!

Hardcore ladies - I'm at 420 minutes so far this week, thanks to an extra hour from brazilian butt class!!!

Okay, I'm going to rest my tired, sore BUTT-er on the couch with a book for a few and then it's off to bed for me.

Hope everyone is having a great week so far!
Old 07-19-2011, 11:17 PM   #144  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

@Anon Yeah baby!! I AM BAAACK!! W8D3 is done! It wasnt too bad. Actually for the fact that i didnt run for a week it was easy. I put a fan up because we had 32C in the room that sure helped. I was a bit anxious about the run and not exactly relaxed. My shoulders got pretty sore but who cares? I finished it!! Thanks for kicking my butt this morning. It sure helped!

@envelope You bet. I am on your heels! Start running.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:32 AM   #145  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

Evening Troops;

Just a quickie, then to bed . . . (LOLOLOL, maybe it should be: To bed, then a quickie . . . Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh so funny in my own head)

Spanky: Looks like you're already in the swing of things

Diyana: WTG on staying strong

KittyKat: Looks like you have LOTS of ideas for that BIG TOE . . .

Josey: WTG on your C25K, W8

Pokey: Maybe you can borrow SARGE's walker

Peanut & Chickadee: Hope you two are recovering and feeling better everyday

Anon; Nice article, makes soooooo much sense

OK, TOMORROW IS HUMP DAY, SO HIT THE RACK BECAUSE REVILLE COMES EARLY 'ROUND HERE . . .

Reso: No post tonight

Last edited by MadamButterfly; 07-20-2011 at 12:33 AM.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:41 AM   #146  
Winner by Losing

S/C/G: 201/162/140

Height: 5'3" if I stand up really straight!

I love Sparkpeople.com but I'm not always available near a computer and I don't have a smart phone. I have a diet journal I just need to use it.

Today was day 1 writing down, with complete honesty, what I ate. I'll just do the same thing tomorrow.

I want to wish a special get well soon to those of you in sick bay. It takes a strong person to continue to do chair aerobics with broken toes and jacked up backs! Keep up the inspiring work ~
Old 07-20-2011, 03:55 AM   #147  

Height: 5'5"

Just a quick post before I go to bed. Man, what a day. I am SO SORE. Our river guide was a slave driver! Ok, not really, but he was a friend of a friend so he gave us the "authentic experience", which translated to really intense rapids and rock climbing hikes. So much fun.

You know what's WORSE than seeing a bad picture of yourself? Seeing a bad picture of yourself in a WETSUIT. It was ugly. The second he pulled out the wetsuit I knew it would be trouble. I keep waiting for all of this hard work to show up in pictures, but so far it's just me noticing the little changes. At least it fit (somewhat).

I fully planned on coming home and shredding tonight, but I just got back, so I'm calling it a night. Still on track for 5 days this week, but I might try for the elusive "double shred" tomorrow.

Reso, wow, I am really amazed by your transformation, but also your attitude. Seriously, congratulations. You have more than earned this.

KittyKat, oh no! I broke my big toe a few months ago. It sucks. Honestly, after about a week the elliptical was my best friend, although you have to be careful. Boxing and modified pushups/dips are also great. Heck, after 2 weeks I was doing modified yoga. Just keep mixing it up and don't let it derail you.

Ok, big day tomorrow. 'Night all.

Last edited by JoyfulVegGirl; 07-20-2011 at 04:02 AM. Reason: smart phone grammar
Old 07-20-2011, 06:28 AM   #148  
Fighting to be Fit

Height: 5'3.5" Age: 22

Just a quick check-in to share my progress.

Hardcore Total: 311 minutes.

Keep ladies!
Old 07-20-2011, 08:16 AM   #149  
The Awesomeness!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/130

Height: 5'0

Ok so I woke up this morning and I was down to 238!!!! This is huge for me. Not only is that 25+ lbs down, but that is the weight I got down to the last time I decided to lose weight and then I just gave up. I know this time is different and I have really committed to myself. Thanks to everyone on 3FC that keeps me motivated Let's melt some more butt-er today!
Old 07-20-2011, 08:24 AM   #150  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

Good morning, missed yesterday evening - bleh, was so hot i was just exhausted, should be cooler today thankfully.

So walked my 6.2 and biked my 3 yesterday for a total of 9.2 and 34.6 miles so far this week. Once again i ate a lttle more than i wanted to, need to get a hold of this now.

I'm sorry i don't post more personals, there are so many people in this collective now it is a little daunting, i do read every post which takes considerable time as is, it's nice to see others succeed, i definately feel pride when anyone achieves a goal they have fought for.

Have a good day, will hopefully be less wiped this evening.
Closed Thread