Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 08:47 AM   #151  
Living the Life

Good Morning Guys!

This will have to be real quick, I need to get out the door.
5 miles run this morning. It was great! Pushed a little more because I know I can go faster I just let myself fall into the slower easier pace.

Banana, plum and granola bar coming with me for a snack.

Make it happen people. Hump day is here and it want's your sweat!
Old 07-20-2011, 08:56 AM   #152  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

PLEASE READ!

Listen up troops! Today is the day Sarge has chosen to drop the hammer and I suspect a few in the platoon will decide to resign their commission.

Let me re-iterate the rules of this platoon. From page 1 of every new thread we start:

---Don't join if you're gonna bring excuses!

--Don't join if your head isn't in it yet. We'll be here to embrace you with well-toned arms when you're ready.

--Don't join if you're overly sensitive to comments like "step away from the buffet!"

--Don't join if you want to discuss anything other than get this freaking weight off of me! Sarge is type A personality. Reading touchy-feely stuff makes Sarge's eyes bleed!

There are many days when that last rule gets violated here. There are a gazillion other threads on 3FC where those looking for soft support can go and hug it out with the masses.

Perhaps someone reading this right now will finally have had enough of Sarge and start a thread called Sarge is an A** and I want out! Sarge can live with that.

To that end, you all should know that a couple of people will no longer be participating on our thread. I will update the pledge board and all the side challenges on Sunday so if you want out while the getting is good that's ok. If you're missing a friend or two on the thread, PM them and have a great time bashing Sarge.

For the time and energy I put into this thread, I should not be the one putting a muzzle on my mouth. So from now on, this thread is for hardcore people who put in 100% effort every day and are 100% committed to their goals.

Happy Wednesday!

Old 07-20-2011, 09:14 AM   #153  
SARGE

On a happier note, in Sarge's radio silence he was remiss in not congratulating:

1) From the BL threads:
Biggest Loser Blue Team -- Bnhtla06, -5.5lbs, -2.78%
Biggest Loser Red Team -- peanutt -5.59lbs, -3.15%

2) Reso-- 210 lbs. lost!!! Need I say more?!?!

3) To all those posting such huge losses last week! Some seriously good numbers last week from all that hard work!

P.S. Joyful -- You won't last a day in the Fitocracy top spot!

Also, here's a good article: "10 Ways to Work in Effective Workouts," http://www.everydayhealth.com/fitnes...etter_20110720

Last edited by JayTee; 07-20-2011 at 09:34 AM.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:47 AM   #154  
Bonettey

S/C/G: 384/375/150

Height: 5' 11"

I'm in Sarge!!! 110% given this week so far.......

Have a happy hump it out day!!!

Old 07-20-2011, 09:54 AM   #155  
SARGE

Excellent Jeanettey-- Giving 110% every day will make reaching your goal easier than you think!
Old 07-20-2011, 10:13 AM   #156  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

HAPPY, HAPPY
HUMP IT,
HUMP IT,
HUMP IT
DAY!

WOOOOO HOOOO . . . SARGE is back in the house, now it's really time to rock it out this week . . .

OK, I think it's hotter here, than in ARIZONA . . . C25K (35 min) done with modifications for Warrior Dash . . . don't worry Sarge, I'm logging it ALL ON FITOCRACY . . OH, wait til next week when I can let loose . . .

Shredders; sorry not shredding today . . . I've had restrainers put on my . . . ummmmmmmm, EXERCISE OUTPUT . . . but fear not, Saturday will come and go and the MADAMBGOOEYJELLYBEAN POOPIN MACHINE WILL BE RELEASED TO CLIMB TO THE TOP OF SHREDDERS AND FITOCRACY . . .

Oh whoever was going to do the DOUBLE SHRED, I always do the harder one first when I do doubles, believe me, you'll be happy you did!!! I've done double shreds a few times

Reso: So understand not doing all the personals . . . I try to hit a few highlights and hope everyone understands

OK, SHOWER TIME . . .

Last edited by MadamButterfly; 07-20-2011 at 10:45 AM.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:17 AM   #157  

S/C/G: 201/173.8/130

Height: 5'5

Sarge - I'm pretty new to the platoon but just want to say it's really refreshing to have someone who doesn't put up with all the bull**** excuses we as humans come up with.

Keep it up!

Happy with my progress this week, weight is coming of, exercise is good!! Lets go team!
Old 07-20-2011, 10:21 AM   #158  

Height: 5' 8"

I am in.
:0)

Morning jog DONE.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:27 AM   #159  
SARGE

See now, these last few posts are THE KIND OF POSTING Sarge lives for!!!!

Keep it up ladies! Sarge off to beat Gooey and Joyful at their own Fitocracy reindeer games!

P.S. to the newcomers...there is a Sarge's No Excuse group on Fitocracy.com where you earn points for exercise and continuously seek to level up. Check it out and join in if it's something that interests you.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:31 AM   #160  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

I am in too!
Old 07-20-2011, 10:59 AM   #161  

S/C/G: 222/156.0/145

Height: 5'7''

I'm in.

Morning, Platoon.

Just got out of the shower. Morning workout was a successful and sweaty one. I can't believe I've almost finished c25k.

Josey -- Finished w9d2. Glad to hear you finished week 8! I thought w9d2 was harder than w9d1, but I always seem to find the second workout of the week harder than the first. Maybe because the excitement of starting a new week is gone.

Rated -- Thank you! I am glad things are getting better with him. Glad to hear you're eating well! Keep it up!

I hope everyone has a fantastic day focusing on their fitness!
Old 07-20-2011, 11:05 AM   #162  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

@Anon Woohoo! Good job!! I really have to work on catching you now. The D2 is always, always the hardest. Not sure why though.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:08 AM   #163  

S/C/G: 222/156.0/145

Height: 5'7''

Also, somebody made a bunch of changes to the spreadsheet this morning (or last night), which resulted in our "platoon total" sheet becoming corrupt. I had to delete it and will spend a few hours today putting it back together. Please do not make any changes other than to your individual page. DO NOT TRY TO CREATE PAGES. If you think something is wrong with your page, if you are new and are not on the sheet yet, or if you are on it and would like to be removed, PLEASE TELL ME.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:09 AM   #164  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Height: 5'7

MadamB - Eeeeesh! I've been seeing the news about the heat wave. Sorry you have to put up with it! It's only 92 here right now (8 am), and only supposed to climb to 110. Not too shabby. And, I'm so jazzed to hear about your Warrior Dash!!!! Wooohoo!!!!

Sarge! Hooray! I for one appreciate the BUTT-er kickings you administer. I didn't lose weight before because I've been pandered to - "You gained weight because muscle weighs more than fat" or "It's okay to have one bad day - we're not perfect" which turns into two bad days, then three, then four....I'm the one who made myself fat, I'm the only one that can make myself thin. I like your kick@ss bootcamp

Reso - I don't think I've congratulated you yet on your newest big victory!!! Way to go! 210 pounds is incredible, be proud!

As for me, I'm working hard this week. There is a pair of shoes that I am craving, but won't be getting until I hit 199. I waaaaaaant them in the worst way. Boxing this morning was hardcore - LOTS of pushups, weighted squats, weighted lunges, suicide runs, and bag work. I'm still all shaky and I got home nearly an hour ago!

Has anyone ever played racquetball before? I'm interested in trying, but don't know if it's a good workout, if I'll hit myself in the face, etc.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:41 AM   #165  

S/C/G: 252/225/180

Height: 5'9

I am in!

Spanky- Note cards are great, my husband uses them for collecting ideas.

diyana- Way to go!

RMC- Nice #'s

Anon- Excuses don't work, just fix the problem.

Sarati- If you would like to do a 30 day challenge for logging food I would love the company. I am on day 2 and using MyNetDiary.

Urth- WOW!

Last edited by celrae; 07-20-2011 at 11:42 AM.
Closed Thread