Old 10-15-2009, 11:30 AM   #286  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Ok, I feel like I am so behind with you girls...Im sorry. Im still playing catch up like crazy at work and at home. This didnt happen last time, I dont know how things fell so behind this time. I havent even unpacked my suitcase yet! lol. On a positive note, I was feeling smoking hot this morning, so I actually went running in my sports bra and shorts like the rest of the runner, haha---Imsuch a dork. Anyway, doing pretty good as far as eating and stuff. Easing back into it. What I need to realize is that even though Im not eating what I did on the boat, Im not walking or taking the stairs as much and that makes a big difference.

AJ and Maddiesmom - sorry to hear that you girls are in such a funk these days with not feeling well. You'll get back on track. I think we might see a little more of that in the next couple of months because the weather is changing, kids are back to school, etc.

Stacie- Im like you, Pilates was not my thing at all. I have yet to do Yoga again, but I am meaning to get around to it. I cant wait to see your pictures. You are doing so well and I am super proud at the way you are balancing your life.

Dance- didnt realize you were in the Bay area, I am dying to go there. How was the weather?

Neesy - woo-freakin-hoo on the shrinking hands. NO MORE FAT FINGERS!!! lol, Im there with ya girl! Its weird but my feet have shrunk. I did not think that was possible but I used to wear a 9.5-10 and Im around an 8.5-9, how the heck can that be? I know width wide was possible but length? None of my shoes are fitting anymore, lol. Weird.

Mygrits - glad you are getting back into the swing of things. Its so hard to balance work and life sometimes, but you havent fallen off the wagon so your doing good for sure. Hows Bubba doing? and your daughter?

Ok, Ill catch up later. Im going to try to make it on here more often now that Im almost caught up. Good luck today girls...heres hoping everyone has a skinny day.
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 02:18 PM   #287  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

lindy - good for you running in your skimpy duds! you must be soooo tan - I'm jealous! SF was great but not great weather - unusually gloomy and rainy.

I'm headed to santa barbara tomorrow for a family thing - can't believe I'm going to the airport again tomorrow morning. Hope it will be warmer at least - it's supposed to be. Am bringing my running shoes in hopes of a run on the beach but it will be tricky as I don't have a car.
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 08:04 PM   #288  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Staccie-I have done pilates a few times and not a big fan either. And yea Nip/Tuck was awesome as usual, you should watch. I have always wanted to try kickboxing, let us know if you go.

Mygirts-just add a little bit of some of the things suggested and you will fall into a good routine.

Lindy-it is always hard to catch up after being gone a week. Everything will be back to normal in a day or two.

Dance-all kinds of traveling for you lately. Have fun with your family. A run on the beach sounds nice, wish its wasnt cold here already so I could do that.

Finished day 24. I did not want to do it at all today, but I made myself, just now finished it. Only 6 more days. Had a nice lazy day at home today. Gonna go downstate Saturday to visit some cousins for sweetest day, have dinner out and stay at their house that night. Gotta take my scale so I can weigh myself Sunday morning. Hope everyone has a great day.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:17 PM   #289  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

burgundy - I so hear you on the 'I don't wannas' - good for you for forging ahead! I had the same issue with running today and procrastinated until right before it got dark so it was kind of a creepy run. Oh well...

Lindy - some of the girls posted progress pictures last week - mine would be way too boring as no one but me could see 5 measly pounds of difference since the beginning of our challenge but you've changed a bunch since then, right? Enquiring minds want to see progress photos!!
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 05:38 AM   #290  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Ewww, I'm wide awake at 200AM - probably because I went to bed at 7PM. So rather than lay there like a lump I got up and trying to catch up on things. I didn't work out last night although I definitely wanted to. I am ready for a workout today though - but my gym doesn't open for another 2.5 hours. I think I need to listen to my body more and give it rest when it needs it because I need to face that I am no spring chicken!

Yesterday was an odd day, I didn't get to really eat a solid meal until 630. I hate those days. I managed to have some tomatoes, carrots and watermelon in the afternoon. They don't happen often anymore but I still need to plan a bit better. I snuck in a few pieces of chocolate but kept it pretty controlled. I've decided that I cannot live without chocolate and I need to make room in my diet for it when I want it - I am convinced by allowing myself things in moderation (and under my calorie range) it will lead to less binging. But I am not allowing myself things like potato chips and pop - those are no go things at all. When I really need some salt, I put a bit of seasalt on my tomatoes and sweet drinks - a mini Crystal light package instead as I get sick of drinking water all the time.

Lindy - that's so awesome that you are running in a sports bra - woo hoo! You deserve to feel hot -you are a MILF!!! It's hard to get back into the swing of things after vacation isn't it? Sometimes taking a vacation is hard work because everything piles up when you are gone. I am dreading coming back from vacation and being hit hard with stuff but I am trying to delegate as much as I can And thanks for being proud of me, I am proud of me too, other than my TOM horror week last week I think I am doing pretty good and although nothing is happening quickly for me on the outside, I definitely feel it in the inside. I am trying not to be as impatient as usual and just do what I can but push where I can too.

Dance - have fun in Santa Barbara - hope the weather is nice there for you. Thanks for add on FB - can I say wow though - you have such amazingly beautiful hair....I am such a sucker for hair and I was like wow!!! When you do your creepy runs do you run without an Ipod? I can't even put my ipod in when I am walking downtown to the gym in the morning when it's dark, I get freaked out!

Rayne - congrats on the DVD's - you are going to be able to give Jillian a run for her money soon!!! Have a good visit this weekend too!!

AJ - MIA...where are you...I hope you didn't drown in all those wonderful fresh veggies you can get down in Arizona

I won't get a chance to log on until tonight or tomorrow as I am slammed busy in meetings all day. Sounds like everyone has an exciting weekend planned - me - not so much. I have to work as I am behind and on vacation in just over a week - but I am looking forward to getting some awesome workouts in this weekend, I am trying some new classes - including bosu bootcamp. I watched it a few months ago and thought I could never do that but I think I am ready to try it and will find a nice comfy place in the back in case I peeter out too quick.

Hope everyone else is good too....
Brown Eyed Staccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 08:53 AM   #291  

S/C/G: See signature

Stacie - woo-hoo to the switch up the work out and challenge yourself. Oh, and lol...thanks for calling me a MILF, lol...I was laughing so hard. Never thought Id hear that one, but it is certainly a compliment, haha.

Dance - have fun at your family function. Its going to be cooler here in Florida this weekend, were actually getting into the mid 70's, yay us! Hmmm...I have to go back and look at everyones pics again, I only saw two. Im going to hold off on posting mine until November 1st, that will be the official end date of our challenge and I plan on putting on the same swimsuit as last time. But yes, I have lost almost 20 pounds since the challenge and my body shows it for sure, so I also cant wait to post pics.

Burgundy - <music interlude>...did you ever know that your my heroooooo, your everything I wish I could be....LOL (think the song)! Anyway, Day 24--that is INSANE!!! I could not do it, can you see the difference in your body? See, for me, the scale never moved while doing 30DS but I saw changes in my body, but doing that consecutively is incredible!

Ok, not too much to report. I skipped the gym yesterday because my BodyWorks class from Wednesday kicked my butt and hurt me like heck, even my booty was sore, lol. I did run though. And today, I had an amazing run and did Body Works again. God I love that class. Im doing good with food also, looking forward to hopping on the scale on Sunday to see if I took off that 2 pound weight gain. Fingers crossed! Oh, I would like to report that I went shopping for a Halloween costume yesterday and had so much fun doing it. I learned that I cannot pull off everything yet, but dang, other things were super cute.

Anyway, Ill talk to you girls later.
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:54 AM   #292  

Dance-I have done that before, waited too long to go for a walk or run. My husband is native american and all the elders tell us stories of things that happened here and most of it is kinda creepy. So I try to walk in the daylight.

Staccie-2am-you are right, eewww. At least you got somethings done, but sleeping would have been better. I allow myself some dark chocolate here and there but in moderation and always within my calorie range. We cant deprive ourselves of everything. Hope your meetings go smoothly and you have a good day.

Lindy-LOL-you are too funny. Me and my bestfriend used to sing that song to each other all the time. I wasnt seeing the difference in my body and the scale was frustrating the **** outta me, so that is when I decided to take the pictures. When I saw them side by side I was so EXCITED!!!!! I made my husband come look right away and he was like see your hard work is paying off! The scale has only moved 3 lbs since I started this 25 days ago, but I am going to take a little break from it after 30 days and hope to see a drop then. I know muscle weighs more than fat and I have lots of muscle now. I see it in my arms and my legs are rock hard. 5 more days after today, thats a big accomplishment for me. Thanks!!!!

So I havent even been out of bed long so nothing really to report on yet. Have some errands to run and bills to pay. Need to pack for the weekend, well one night. Gonna take my scale and keep myself accountable. Going to eat out Saturday night, but I will keep it healthy. I have to now after the results I am seeing. Will have to get up early saturday morning and do 30ds so I dont have to take it and do it in front of people, not ready for that. The scale is still at 210 today but I am not going to stress over that right now. I have gotten so many compliments from everyone about my pics that I am on a great high this week. I sent the pics to my mom, sisters, cousins, SIL, and they are showing them to everyone. My mom is a hair stylist and showing it to all her customers. Makes me feel great and I think I deserve it after almost 2 months of being unhappy about my weight loss. Ok sorry about the self centered post. I need to get up and get ready for this day. Being lazy this morning. Have a wonderful day girls.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:00 AM   #293  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Hi Chickas ;-)

Only have a second, as I need to get into the shower and get ready for work but I wanted to peek in and say hello ;-)

Lindy - Thanks for the kudo's. I had to smile as I remember the first time I wore my sports bra and shorts and felt sooooo cool. Like a true athlete! LOL... It really was nice because it wasnt' as hot and does make you feel a bit 'sexy.' Any, Bubba is good, and is down another 12 pounds. Sooo not fair guys can lose quicker. Anyway he does have a way to go, but is feeling better now. Thanks for asking. Alina I miss terribly and haven't seen since she got married. She is happy, and will see her husband on Mondy for 5 days.

Dance - Hope your travels and time with family is good. I am with Staccie - you have gorgeous hair! LOL..

Staccie - Good for you on the healthy eating - that alone will make you feel better and stronger.

Need to go and get ready. Hope all of you have a great day! Where can I find the progress photo's?

Bye for now...
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 05:02 PM   #294  

Got all my errands done and now home. Gonna workout and cook dinner. Hubby wants breakfast for dinner. I have 12 grain pancakes and maybe something with egg whites, not sure yet.

Mygrits-glad you checked in. Congrats to Bubba on the 12 lbs. I wish I could lose weight like a man. Are your feet feeling any better?
Old 10-16-2009, 06:30 PM   #295  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Neesy and I are on page 15. Beautiful staccie is on page 16. Burgundy's newly skinny butt is on 17 =) Sorry if I forgot anyone.

mygrits- I am so sorry that you miss your daughter. My wedding I think brought me closer to my mom because she has gone through the beginning of a marriage. =) Hopefully she will reconnect soon.

Lindy- Wow! You have a beautiful voice =O lol. I bet your looked smokin' in those fun costumes. They make them really small and skimpy now so I can imagine that some of them don't look good on a playboy model.

Dance- What part of Denver do you live in. City Park was too scary to run or walk at night because you never know who is sleeping under the tree next to you! haha.

Staccie- I am sorry you were up all night! My hubby was too. That can def throw a kink in the whole day. Did you make it to the gym? BTW this whole 10 lbs before Halloween... hard! I am still really trying though. Thats for worrying about me. I was lurking all day just didn't post.

I have had a good couple days. My scale finally reflected it but I will wait until tomorrow to post it because who knows. I am like a roller coaster with food this week but its been eating a little too much or eat way to little but not crazy over eating. I put together a new playlist for the gym! Excited now.

Do you all weigh in at the same time every day that you do it?

Burgundy- You rock chica on 30ds! I have a hard time walking every day. BTW I LOVE breakfast in the evening!!!!!
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 08:25 PM   #296  

Day 25 done!! WOOHOO!!! So close! My sister is still doing it with me so that has really kept me going. Not looking forward to having to get up early to workout, but I have to and I will. Ok, gonna shower and get my clothes together for tomorrow. Have a great night ladies.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:41 PM   #297  
Brown Eyed Staccie

Hi chicks...well it's 830PM and I have finally settled at home and ready for bed. What a long day! I did stay up and go to the gym this morning and felt awesome for most of the day - because I didn't have time to feel not tired! Now though, I am pooped! I didn't eat until 7PM - other than breakfast because I was so busy at work but that is no excuse. Not eating is just as bad as eating too much in some ways. I have to do better next week and maybe just have more healthy things that I can grab and take on the way to a meeting, etc. Looking forward to tomorrow and working out, resting and then followed by work

Lindy (aka MILF) - lol. We just watched a bit of American Pie and you are way hotter than Stifler's mom!!! Congrats for getting on track with things as well - you're an inspiration woman! And just think what you can wear this Halloween and then next...sexy nurse, teacher - Halloween is awesome because it's the time we can wear sexy stuff and not look like a hooker!! I went as a cat when I was much skinnier and loved it!

Burgandy - that's so great about being able to show your pictures, be proud and I have no doubt, inspire others to change something in their life, whether it be their weight, a bad habit or finish a goal of some type. And yes muscle weighs more than fat that's why my weight hardly moves but I can see definition in my arms and stuff now although I really wish I would see some results...but I am - in clothes and stuff just not on the scale, but it has to move eventually right?!?!

Sandy - thanks for checking in And glad to hear about Bubba, and it's just not fair how much weight they can drop - they get to pee standing up, lose weight quick, no TOM - I could go on and on...lol. But I wouldn't want a weiner so I guess I am good with being a woman lol.

AJ - congrats on the change...and yeah the 10 pounds, it ain't gonna happen as much as I want it to...sigh. But even 5 would be awesome now!!! Want to aim for that? As for the weigh in question, I always weigh myself first thing in the morning on the same scale at the gym. My trainer told me that is the most accurate weight reading you will get. So I never really weigh myself at any other time. Although I did weigh this morning and I shouldn't have because I had drank two things of water, a protein shake and a banana and that accounted for some pounds.

OK, I have to get to bed...check in tomorrow after my workout!!!

S
Old 10-17-2009, 02:36 PM   #298  

Wow slow day. So its only 230 and I have already done day 26 and walked an hour. We are at our cousins house so I actually had someone to walk with. I did 30ds at 7 this morning. I am not an early bird at all, but glad I got it done. But will probably stick to doing my workouts later in the day.

Staccie-your posts always crack me up. I am sure we will see the scale move soon. Gotta keep working at it.

Have a great day ladies. Will check in later, gonna do Rock n Bowl(I think its bowling under black lights) tonight at 1030-1. Gonna be tired.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:39 PM   #299  
Brown Eyed Staccie

Well I am just waking up...oh my - it's 1130Am here. I can't believe I slept that long but I must have needed it. It's pouring rain here so hard to get motivated but I do want to get to the gym so off I go

Then I have to work, work, work - ewww.

Rayne you've had such a productive day while I've been sleeping...lol. Have fun at bowling, I love it!!!
Old 10-17-2009, 05:16 PM   #300  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Rayne- You really are a strong person. I think we made it to day 13 before quitting. I was soooo sore.

Staccie- 5 lbs sounds GREAT! I can hit that. I can'tt hit 10.

I woke up @ 11:30 too and proceeded to inhale 2 pancakes with blueberries and bananas, 2 egg, hash browns and 2 slices of bacon. Wow, I don't think I could feel any more gross. Bad start to a day but I am headed to the gym to walk so hopefully if I eat well the rest of the day I can balance that out.
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote