Old 10-09-2009, 09:59 AM   #211  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Morning, girls!
Feeling like kind of a stud this morning because of my 5.6 miles run yesterday while it was snowing (!! lightly, but still snowing). Haven't run that far since college. My goal is six miles as a max so I'll have to figure out what loop pattern to run in the park for that distance.

maddiesmom - bummer on being sick! Just looked at your ticker again and was totally wowed by your overall progress - 'incredibly shrinking' maddiesmom, for sure! Mr. Hott and your gym routine sound wonderful and are clearly working - you don't want to mess with what works, right?

Staccie - poor you! If you decide that it's your cycle that's giving you this hard of a time, have you considered doing something that would give you less of a cycle? I think (but not sure) that depo-provera shots lessen the length of your period and birth control pills definitely do. I may have mentioned this before but I decided (after discussing with my doctor and doing tons o' research online) to take my pills back to back (no break) for 3 months at a time so I only have four periods a year. Much better for me than 12 as they used to be pretty bad and it was hard for me to get enough iron to avoid being anemic. Anyway, it seems like there might be a number of options for you that would be easier than the status quo. Hope things turn around this weekend!

We're off to San Francisco this weekend to visit my bf's dad so I won't be around much if at all. Hope everyone knocks it out of the park and that some of our old buddies reappear.
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:46 AM   #212  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Ok, I have a better attitude today and feel 100% better. TOM is gone away and I am at home working in my PJ's, getting ready to go workout and eat some nutritious food. I am sad that I fell off track this week but I just need to prepare better for TOM next month...

Vicky - sorry you are sick! It's horrible to have to work when you are - it makes things so much harder - I struggled so much this week too!! As for my binge, I believe it was related to a few things - being sick and tired is always a trigger for me - everything that wouldn't have bothered me this week really made be teary eyed and angry. And once I allow a few things like I did earlier this week it opens the door for a few more and few more. I even had a pepsi last night and I went almost a whole month without one I lack the control still to allow myself treats and keep it limited to that so I need to continue to work on that but still not deprive myself for too long. It's so messed up how my brain works! I am so glad that you are getting compliments... - it sure makes things seem worth it during the tough times doesn't it? I saw a friend yesterday that looked so awesome, she lost 20 pounds and just the change in her face was amazing - she was so elated when I noticed and complimented her.

Dance - aka STUD - I just want to say STUDETTE for your run!!!! that is so great - you must have felt incredibly awesome after that!!! Snow -I miss it - I cant believe I am saying that though!!! It just rains here. Yeah, I am looking forward to the doctor appointment as I can't go through another month like this. It was horrendous. HAVE FUN IN SAN FRAN! I have always wanted to go there - it looks so beautiful.

Burgandy - fingers crossed for : this weekend - before you know it, onderland...not so far away anymore!!!!! Good luck finding some workout clothes...I love wearing nice workout clothes. I am the type of person that has like 15 pairs of runners to match my workout clothes (pathetic I know), but they don't fit me anymore so I can't wait to get back into them (well the shoes do but not much else). But I also find they soak up the sweat and fit better than just wearing a t-shirt. But I refuse to wear them until my boob buddies shrink a bit I don't want people to be checking out my boob buddy rack, more like my real one although I don't like people checking me out at the gym...it makes me self conscious.

I'm babbling now...

AJ - are you all feeling better?? Any news on the job front - sorry if I missed an update earlier this week, I am trying to put all of this past week in my "missed the boat" side of my brain.

Well I have to send a few more emails and do a bit more work before I head to the gym. I won't be stepping on the scale until Monday, I want my body to give time to adjust back to where it was with less sodium and no TOM. Vicky, I have no doubts you kicked my arse this week!!! But I will catch you next week!!!

Check in later girls - thanks for being the rock in the TOM house of horrors this week for me!!! The support I find on here is invaluable.

S
Brown Eyed Staccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:19 PM   #213  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Height: 5'3"

Vicky- I am so proud of you for going even though you were under the weather. I am sorry that you feel worse. I have played that game all week. Take it easy tonight maybe. Lots of tea!

Dance- Have a wonderful time in SF! Is your man in a better mood. I hope so for the trip. Great job on the run. I can't even do 5 walking in the ac. hahah. Glad you are getting out of D town for the snow muck! <3

Staccie- I am sorry for your horrific 3 nights!!! I hope Dr. can fix ya'! I am glad its over and I know that you will still rock out this week. WATER! thats what gets rid of binges =) Take care of your self and rest lots this weekend too. Any plans?

I am feeling a bit better. Not 100% but better. I didn't sleep well. Weird dreams about letting hamsters sleep in my hair. Yeah! Weird. Maybe my dogs were on my head last night. Anyways... going to get up. Eat an egg and some fruit and start this great day!
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:55 PM   #214  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

AJ - that is one funky dream - reading it made me laugh out loud! BF seems in a better mood but had trouble sleeping last night, which usually isn't a great sign for him. He has always rallied for a trip in the past - we'll see if this time is the exception to the rule.

staccie - glad you've turned the corner! Even your post looks perkier. Kick some arse at the gym!

It's interesting hearing you guys talk about your gym experiences - I don't do any of my exercise with other people around except for when I go for a hike with my bf or walks with friends. It's my time alone (with just the occasional passing runner) and for right now, that works for me. It seems like many of you find it motivational to be in the gym environment - does it get you feeling competitive? Or self-conscious?
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:11 PM   #215  

Good question. I can't wait to hear what others say!
I can go with a friend and be fine but I get nervous and self conscious if there are many other people around. My gym is small so if I wait usually I can do it alone. And another experience in Venice, CA for me was walking on a treadmill behind a gorgeous stripper. She was like PERFECT (body)!! It motivated me. I just went until she stopped. It felt like forever but it was like staring at what I wanted to be so it helped. And she was faced forward so she wasn't watching me! lol.

Last edited by ajowens; 10-09-2009 at 01:14 PM.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:08 PM   #216  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Frig, I have been unable to get off my work email all morning...but my shoes are on and I was coming on here for some more motivation....anyway - to answer your question Dance...I much prefer being in a gym environment but I work out alone. I don't like to chat as I am pretty focused. I feel a bit self conscious only in the classes but after the last time I felt pretty good that I kept up with everyone else. I just make sure I don't wear clingy spandex to the gym And I find like AJ, when I see someone with a body that I would want (I like the muscular look - not boobless muscular look but all the same), it pushes me to go for more reps or higher weight. I used to work out with someone when I was training really seriously a few years ago and I didn't like it. But I really love having a trainer....

Well off to the gym I go...
Brown Eyed Staccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 03:02 PM   #217  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Staccie: Glad you are back on the working out wagon. Have a great workout!

Dance: Congrats on your run! How wonderful! I really hope to be able to do that some day.

To answer your question, I prefer to work out at the gym. I guess I'm just not motivated at home because there is always something to do at home that keeps me from working out...whether it be housework, dishes, family, etc. I find that when I'm at the gym, I do get competitive with others around me, trying to keep up, etc. Plus, I feel that if I'm driving a total of 40 mins (to and from the gym) I'm going to make up for it and get a good workout. Not only that, there is so much more equipment and classes at the gym that I dont' have at home. I've had an elliptical machine for at least 6 years and I've barely used it. I am constantly on the elliptical at the gym. Plus, with the trainer, it's completely awesome. He had me on the floor doing stuff, and I didn't feel anxious or whatever because I really don't think about the others when I'm at the gym. If they want to judge me, that's their problem. Plus, there's always someone there bigger than you, no matter what size you are. In the end, does it matter what others think? I'm doing this for me!!

Oh, and get this! Funny gym story. I was at the gym Weds night and couldn't believe my eyes. I walked in and there was a girl at the gym wearing a TUBE TOP! Couldn't believe my eyes. She was really fit, but I was like "are you kidding me?!?" I guess maybe if I were that thin, I would re-think it, but if I were to put that on right now, it would look like a rubberband! LOL I just don't get some people. How can you run in that thing?

Anyways, long post, I'll check in later.
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:00 PM   #218  

I am like screaming I am so happy!! I have to show you. I know the callenge isn't until Nov 1st but I looked and I am proud. I am @ 159 so only like 8 lbs lost. I fell off but look at this from working out!

OMG THIS FEELS SO GOOD!

Picture! CLICK HERE
Old 10-09-2009, 08:05 PM   #219  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

AJ YOU LOOK FANTASTIC!!! I can totally see the difference!! You are a hot tamale!

Change your ticker! Claim it!
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:14 PM   #220  

Lol! Thanks lady!! I am not sure what it is about the smallest changes but I want to go back for work out # 2 today because of it. It really does make it worth it.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:21 PM   #221  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

AJ you look great!!! Can definitely notice a difference. Amazing! Great job!

So today, I am officially 50lbs down since December 08. I'm 25lbs down since my husband left August 4th. I was gonna wait to post pics... but I got excited cuz I finally hit the 50 mark.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...fter-pics.html

Last edited by Neesy_20; 10-09-2009 at 09:31 PM.
Neesy_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:43 PM   #222  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Good evening ladies, quick post from me, gotta go keep the boys at 1015, probably all night.

Staccie-glad you are feeling much better and get some answers from Dr. about TOM. Didnt find any workout clothes, but I am still on the hunt.

Maddiesmom-we knew all along you would not skip the gym, you are doing a fantastic job. It great you have such a good relationship with your trainer, that has to keep you going and get you motivated. Hope maddie has fun at the orchard and you feel better.

Dance-YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!! You can get to six miles soon. That is AMAZING. To answer your question... I do fine in either situation. I like the gym(which I will be joining one that is open during the winters here soon) plus I am ok with working out at home, going for walks and runs with or without people. I am bettering me like maddiesmom said, so people can think what they want. Have a great time in San Fran.

AJ-glad you are feeling better, maybe tomorrow you will be at 100%. You look amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was thinking about posting pics(think I mentioned it in a previous post), maybe tomorrow.

I tried on 12s and 14s at Old Navy today. Got the 12s on, needed like 2 inches to button. Got the 14s on buttoned and zipped, a little snug, but THEY FIT!!!!!!!!!! Didnt buy any yet, but maybe in a few weeks I can buy the 12s. I have jeans that fit right now, just wanted to see. Came home did day 18, wanted to make sure and get it done before I head over to the boys. Bought a cute green vneck sweater at Old Navy with 3 large buttons in a Large. Thats the only clothes I bought. My hubby spent a lot so I was the frugal one. Cant wait to weigh on Sunday, really really really want to be at 210, tired of looking at 211. Ok, I have to leave soon, so I will talk to you pretty ladies tomorrow.

Neesy-just saw your post. 50 lbs and 25 since hubby left. His jaw is gonna hit the ground, you will have to pick it up for him. Great job girl. You even have more time to lose a few more. You look so great.

Last edited by burgundyrayne; 10-09-2009 at 09:45 PM.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:49 PM   #223  

OMG! Neesy you look fantastic. You are gorgeous! You have unbelievable cheek bones. Its like this tv commercials where you really can't believe it is the same person before and after. I think you and your husband are going to need a second honeymoon when he is done!!!! =)

Burgundy- Thats HUGE! We now where the same size in Old Navy clothes! Wooohooo! Don't buy clothes until you have to because they are falling off of you. Then in the end you can save and get clothes you love on a body you love. Congrats girl!

Last edited by ajowens; 10-09-2009 at 09:51 PM.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:55 PM   #224  

Neesy- Do you know the actress that plays bones on fox? You are like a even more beautiful her! You guys have the same smile but you have skinnier face! Emily Deschanel Or her sister Zoe I think. Very much alike. =)
Old 10-09-2009, 10:24 PM   #225  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

AW! You guys made me feel soooooooo good. Thanks a lot=) That made my day.
Neesy_20 is offline   Reply With Quote