Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 11:31 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by marimari View Post
PS. Was it Melissa who said she got a mini trampoline? Hey, there's a smileybug just for you: <---ha! cute eh?
I was going to .....but I haven't yet....I will let you know when I actually get one...it may not be till tonight or tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather1979 View Post
Purple and whoever else wants to read this
- You are right, life isnt always gonna be perfect and theres gonna be ups and downs and we all are just gonna have to figure out how to keep our weight in tact during these times. We all make excuses wether we know it or not or mean it or not. I know im one that said I was retaining water. Your right its an excuse but it was the only logical explanation that I could come up with for gaining 5 pds in one week. I dont know why this weight loss has to be so darn hard. Ya know? Skinny people are like whats the problem? Its alot easier said than done. I actually just had the conversation with someone the other day. You would think a person wants to lose the the weight so bad they would just do it. But alot of us cant. Its so frustrating. One of my biggest excuses is I just dont feel like it. Im so freakin lazy sometimes. Ok alot of times. I hate working out. Im not one that likes to feel the burn. Its like a chore to me. Ive been at this for almost a year now and I havent lost hardly anything. I just cant get in the right mind set.
Heather I so feel you. What you need to keep in mind is #1 that you can do it and #2 its all in your mind set. If you tell yourself I don't like this or I don't like that then you won't do it....so take it a little at a time....babysteps and find things you like.....

For the food part...maybe just set one small goal of okay I want to take in at least X ounces of water OR I want to eat only 1900 calories a day or something that isn't a total shock to your system and is dooable...

You know alcoholics and drug addicts don't just become successful at kicking their addictions over night....it is a step by step program that helps them become successful (most of them)

For the exercise part....find something you like....dancing...jumping on a trampoline...jumping rope ANYTHING! And don't focus on how you feel in the moment...focus on how your gonna look and feel in the future...how STRONG you are!

you can do it!

Well...gotta go...I have one more exam today!!
Old 03-14-2009, 11:50 AM   #167  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Default WEEK #4 Resutls

THIS WEEK WENT MUCH BETTER!

WEEK #4 WINNER IS FAUXTINI WITH AN INCREDIBLE #6.6 LOSS!!!
RUNNERS UP
ALEXS HOT MOMMA - #4
DIXIEMAE - #4
MCKENNZIESMOMMA - #2.7

WEEK #3 TOTAL WEIGHT - #4680.4
WEEK #4 TOTAL WEIGHT - #4658
TOTAL LOSS - #22.4!
NUMBER OF PEOPLE - 23
NUMBER OF WEIGH INS - 19
NUMBER OF LOSSES - 13
NUMBER OF GAINS - 4
NUMBER STAYED THE SAME - 2

Last edited by Enygirl; 03-14-2009 at 12:57 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:54 AM   #168  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Good morning Ladies~reading all the posts, doing a lot of thinking, soul searching, asking myself some very tough questions. I have decided on a course of action. Mel and Eny have asked some really solid questions. Asked who would step up to the plate. I went back into my journal. I found a test challenge Mel had posted a few months back. I reread the questions and the answers. Then thought about her question of the day earlier this week. I asked her several questions in my pm to her. This got my brain in high gear. At the sake of being mass murdered; "talk is cheap" a phrase we say here on earth. Our actions speak louder than words. Why don't we do what we say/know we should do?? I am more guilty of this than most. Mel, Eny, any one else do you remember my "Just for Today" journal???? One day, 24 hours. We can do anything just for 24 hours. I am starting the Just For Today journal. I have also added a dieters prayer for each morning. A possitive affirmation to begin the day. I am writing down everything that goes in my mouth. Good, bad, or so so. I lost 4 pounds following Mels challenge so far. I am in 170ville. lt is Not good enough. My next mini goal is 172. What I weighed when both of my daughters were born.

Brief out line

1) Journal everything
1a) 1200--1250 calories a day
2) drink lots of water 64 min how ever ya spell it!
3) start the day off with a prayer of possitive affirmation
4) take Noelle for 3 x 10 minute walks everyday. No more putting her out on her runner.
5) leave white stuff alone (sugar, bread, white rice etc) (if purple can do it so can I! thanks purple!!)
6) 30 minutes of purpose exercise every day.
7) Reward me time

Just for 24 hours I can do that. I hope I didn't make any one angry with me, that is not my intent, forgive me if I did. Catch ya all later Pat
Old 03-14-2009, 11:56 AM   #169  

Eny~I lost 4 pounds too, I pm'd you~~~~~C O N G R A T S FAUXTINI!!!!! Great job!!!!!! Runners up W A Y~T O~G O!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-14-2009, 12:56 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixiemae View Post
Eny~I lost 4 pounds too, I pm'd you~~~~~C O N G R A T S FAUXTINI!!!!! Great job!!!!!! Runners up W A Y~T O~G O!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG - I'm SO sorry I skipped you!! I DID get your PM - AND you're right! I must have over looked it when I was sorting through! I'M SOOOO SORRY!!!!!
Old 03-14-2009, 01:30 PM   #171  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather1979 View Post
I know im one that said I was retaining water. Your right its an excuse but it was the only logical explanation that I could come up with for gaining 5 pds in one week. I dont know why this weight loss has to be so darn hard. Ya know? One of my biggest excuses is I just dont feel like it. Im so freakin lazy sometimes. Ok alot of times. I hate working out. Im not one that likes to feel the burn. Its like a chore to me. Ive been at this for almost a year now and I havent lost hardly anything. I just cant get in the right mind set.
You hit it on the head when you said you can't get the "right mindset." I believe so much of it is in our heads. We are standing in our own way and there are different reasons for each of us. As for 5 pounds in one week...remember not long ago I put on 9 pounds overnight and it still has not all come back off! I know without a doubt I did not eat that many calories, but I am sure there is a reason for it. I was allowing myself to slip a lot and just not "counting it" for different reasons (excuses!). Sometimes there are going to be gains that seem unjustified and you have to trust there is something going on inside there that brought it on (even if not your fault, ya know? It's a body thing), but I think we have to just take it and keep going and not overanalyze and justify, etc. Just being real, if we can't find a concrete reason for it we have to just keep on going, ya know?

BUT, I do think taking measurements has helped me a lot because I will often see inches go away even if I am not losing much on the scale. That lets me know I am in fact making progress regardless of the scale's number. But yeah, if we can figure out our mental blocks and deal with those issues I believe we can all meet our goals and happily maintain.

I would love to one day have our little group be a support group in the maintainers forum...wouldn't that be totally awesome?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TERAPET View Post
It will be a crazy day getting DD to all her appointments since we are down to one car for three of us today. She has a nail appointment, a hair appointment and then later off to the picture party for the prom. It will be fun.
Oh, how exciting! Enjoy this time with her, it will be over before ya know it. You are very inspiring getting in that workout even with such a busy day...I need to learn from you so keep posting those things even if they seem ordinary to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygirl View Post
Good morning girls! Ok first of all - Purple and Alex's mom - since I my girls I included your weigh ins that you posted here even though you didn't IM me.
Eny! I promise not to forget you ever again!

Quote:
Our actions speak louder than words. Why don't we do what we say/know we should do?? Mel, Eny, any one else do you remember my "Just for Today" journal????
You are so right! I have spent most of today getting together my action plan as well. I realize I am further along then I thought. I have make a huge jump in lifestyle for my family, what they eat, how they eat, the amount of activity they get is astounding compared to about a year ago when I started...the problem is everyone is eating healthy and improving EXCEPT ME. I continue to sneak in things to binge on when everyone else is in bed and there are so many excuses I use...the biggest one being "Just tonight, on elast binge, I will get strong tomorrow." It just never happens, ya know?

I think your action plan is strong and we're here to support ya! You can do it...I know you can. Do you believe you can? I think that is the key.

Okay, I need to get lunch before I chew my arm off
Old 03-14-2009, 01:53 PM   #172  

Eny~Its ok hon. I am sooooooooo happy to be in 170ville.

Purple~Yes, I believe I can, we all can do it. You will come up with a course of action that is just right for you. We are here to support you. Maybe something like a 24 hour plan would work for you?? What motivates you?? reading, meditation, getting a new hair style or color, getting your nails done, a new out fit to wear, sandals to show off your polished toe nails, stickers, what ever it might be let it motivate you to the next level. do mini goals help, do you like to hike, or bike ride. North Carolina has some great places to hike, I would love to go with you. Just brain storming kicking around some ideas. Let us know what your new plan is. Catch ya all later. Pat
Old 03-14-2009, 01:54 PM   #173  

S/C/G: 214/196/175

Height: 5'6"

Wow Faux looks like ur week off really paid up didn't it, and gratsy to all the runners up u did great, =)

Old 03-14-2009, 02:22 PM   #174  

YAY FAUX! Almost 7 Pounds in one week! You ROCK!

Seriously, maybe you need to run away from us more often
Old 03-14-2009, 02:27 PM   #175  
Isla's mommy

Height: 5'4"

I take back my weigh in because I don't know what my weight is anymore. I'm going to have to check at my parent's house. I had been weighing myself during the week and it said I was down to 206 then I checked last night because I just couldn't believe I was down 3 lbs. and it said I was 210, okay fine I can believe a one pound gain but then I checked again this morning and it says 200! I moved the scale thinking maybe it wasn't in a level spot on the floor but it kept saying 200 and if it moved it moved into the 190s. That isn't possible. I haven't tried at all this week. So I have no weight to report this week until I get this figured out. What I do know is I'm wearing a pair of 16 jeans I haven't worn in over 2 years and a shirt that I've never worn because I got a XXXL from American Eagle and it was always skin tight. So I took a pic today. That's the shirt in my avatar.

Congrats to everyone who really knows that they've lost weight this week. I have to go back later and read the posts. Have a great Saturday!
Old 03-14-2009, 02:36 PM   #176  

Okay, I have done my soul searching and feel really disgusted with myself to be quite honest. About a year ago I was in this great place where I was not binging or eating sugar at all, was exercising daily, and my physical performance was so high, like I was out really working hard but it didn't feel hard, and I felt great, and had lost almost 40 pounds.

Somewhere along the way I started thinking I had done so well I "deserved" to take a day off working out, could "afford" one "little" piece of cake or one donut...and those "little" treats turned into binges and bruoght back sugar cravings, made me feel like an addict desperate for a fix once I had the little bit. Now I have been saying "see, I haven't gained it all back. I still have over 10 pounds off." But today I jsut started crying when I realized I could have been way under 200 pounds today had I not felt I "deserved" to indulge and slack off.

I am back to what I did when I was successful before..making small lifestyle changes 2 weeks at a time until I am living a complete, healthy lifestyle. It takes me about 2 weeks to get a solid routine going where i don't think so much about it. it will work again, but this time I know that eating horrible foods that cause binges is not a reward! It's not something I deserve...damn, it's a punishment! I punished my success!

So, for the next 2 weeks...

1. I have to do my 1/2 marathon training in the morning, absolutely no excuses. This is my only exercise requirement, and the goal is to do it the same time every day so it is just a habitual routine.

2. 1200 calories on days without exercise, up to 1500 on exercise days.

I feel better after having a long cry and now am starting to feel determined to get back to where I was not long ago.

Anyone else setting goals for the week? No matter how small or how big they are...let's support one another! More importantly, let's keep one another accountable. If you hear excuses from me, please call me out on it ASAP. Don't worry about my feelings, just say "hey, I thought you were going to do your track today? Isn't the rain an excuse?"

Last edited by Purplefirefly; 03-14-2009 at 02:40 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 02:42 PM   #177  

Vanessa-Whatever the verdict is on your actual weight....you look FANTASTIC! Really, you look so good in your "new" clothes! Wear them everyday for the next week
Old 03-14-2009, 02:51 PM   #178  
PHILLIES - WS CHAMPS!

S/C/G: H: 265/S: 263/C: 213/ G: 150

Height: 5'8

Eeep!

I missed the weigh-in.... I actually weighed in at 224 for a 2 lb loss this week, just been super busy with work and stuff.
Old 03-14-2009, 04:33 PM   #179  

First of all....I'm SOOOO PROUD of you ALL! You really kicked it this week. I knew that we could do it.

Abby - That loss was AWESOME!

to all the runners up as well!!!!

I think we have all done a lot of thinking and getting our heads back on straight this week! Let's just make sure we do what we need to and keep them on straight...LOL!

Quote:
At the sake of being mass murdered; "talk is cheap" a phrase we say here on earth. Our actions speak louder than words. Why don't we do what we say/know we should do?? ......do you remember my "Just for Today" journal???? One day, 24 hours. We can do anything just for 24 hours.
First of all I'm guilty as charged of this...LOL! But your right...talk is CHEAP! So.....let's do it! Also, I think your 24 hour journal/commitment is a GREAT IDEA! I think I may impliment it as a challenge SOON if that is okay???????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplefirefly View Post
As for 5 pounds in one week...remember not long ago I put on 9 pounds overnight and it still has not all come back off! I know without a doubt I did not eat that many calories, but I am sure there is a reason for it.
Hey....I had something similar happen to me back in September. My problem was my scales.....one of them just completely freaked out and weighed me really really OFF.....like your 9 pounds....if this is a problem on a regular basis try changing the batteries to your scale, or weighing on a couple different scales (like you were saying at your mom's house), or try a dial scale rather than digital. If all else fails....get a new scale...LOL!

Heather and Purple - If you both know for sure that you where within your calorie range AND exercising (and didn't do anything to take on alot of sodium/water weight) I can pretty much say without a doubt you didn't gain that much weight...it had to be either a scale error OR weighing at different times of the day or something like that.

Well ladies ...I'm off to post our new challenge that will run till 3/17

Last edited by McKenziesmomma; 03-14-2009 at 11:13 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 04:39 PM   #180  

Talking Final Challenge for "This Takes More Than Luck"

Final Challenge - for "Luck" Challenge

PAMPER CHALLENGE!

That's right ladies....All your hard work for last week is about to be rewarded with a PAMPER CHALLENGE!!!

As most of you know....I went and had my nails done yesterday. I feel so FANCY with my new nails! I want you all to feel GREAT and FANCY TOO!!!!!

So your challenge this week is for you to either

***Go get your nails done professionally
***Do your nails yourself at home
***Go get a manicure
***Do a home manicure

Maybe you can even do your nails in a funky GREEN color in the spirit of St. Patty's DAY!!

After you do your challenge ....post a picture of your NEW FABULOUS Nails or at least let us know that you did it and how you feel!
Closed Thread