Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 04:40 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

purple - I LOVE your post. I completely understand! When I found out I was pregnant.. I thought to myself "woo hoo - no more calorie counting and dieting for 10 months!" Until I went to the Dr.'s and realized that from my pre-pregnancy weight of #190 - I went up to #201 in the first 9 weeks! A Normal weight person usually gains about #5 in the first 12 weeks!

Since then it's been Back to counting cals, doing more movement. - and from week 9 to week 13 I gained a very respectable and healthy #1! Everyday I have to log what I eat - curb my cravings - drink an increased amount of water and be completely conscious of what's going into my body. I DO NOT want to have an unhealthy pregnancy - gestational diabetes - or an unhealthy baby! I am THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN CONTROL THE NEXT 177 days (approx) of this pregnancy... and the rest of my life after that.

I HAVE to stick to the 1600-2000 calories a day
I HAVE to drink 80 oz of water a day
I HAVE to do SOMETHING physical EVERYDAY

I realize that I am going to gain weight over the next few months - but I realize that I DO NOT have to hit an all time high (#240)- or even as high as I was when I delievered DD 7 years ago (#231). My goal is to stay UNDER #220... and I will eat well - make good choices - and be HEALTHY for my baby, my family - and MYSELF!

Nessa - don't worry about the screwed up weigh in - Just do your best to get it figured out and keep me updated on what you figure out.

Broke - Don't worry about missing weigh in - just Don't do it agaiN!

Ok off to get my house picked up before DD's girl friends get here. Her first Slumber party at the house...... They grow up SO fast! *sigh*
Old 03-14-2009, 07:04 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexybrokechick View Post
I actually weighed in at 224 for a 2 lb loss this week
Congrats! That's a good loss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenziesmomma View Post
Heather and Purple - If you both know for sure that you where within your calorie range AND exercising
I had a binge the night before that WI, so from the afternoon before that binge and the next morning the scale jumped up 9 lbs. I assumed some was from the binge, some was water because of all the salt...well, it is very slowly coming back down. BUT I know for a fact i did not eat enough calories in that one binge to equal 9 pounds and had been on plan the rest of that week so who knows. The scale is still weighing my hubby right and has me since them, and weighs the kids correctly, so it is something just with me It's okay, it has kept me from wanting to binge since then, big lesson learned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygirl View Post
purple - I LOVE your post. I completely understand! When I found out I was pregnant.. I thought to myself "woo hoo - no more calorie counting and dieting for 10 months!" Until I went to the Dr.'s and realized that from my pre-pregnancy weight of #190 - I went up to #201 in the first 9 weeks! A Normal weight person usually gains about #5 in the first 12 weeks!

Since then it's been Back to counting cals, doing more movement. - and from week 9 to week 13 I gained a very respectable and healthy #1!
You should think of it in terms of the amount of work you want to do after you have the baby. You have two options:

1. Do whatever you want and when you have the baby you will have a lot of weight to lose just to get back to your pre-pregnancy weight.

2. Stay healthy and much of what you gain will be gone once you have the baby, and more will go once your swelling and all goes down from the pregnancy, and you'll just have a little bit to get off before moving on from where you left off pre-pregnancy.

Which sounds better to you? Plus, think about it, if you stick with healthy eating the rest of the pregnancy it will just be habit by the time the baby comes...you'll have a huge leg up on losing the rest of your weight, ya know?

Melissa--Do haircuts count toward pampering ourselves? I took my daughter and we both got cute cuts...hers is more of a big girl style with lots of layering and she looks more grown up now but very cute! Mine came out shorter than I wanted but I still like it. This is HUGE for me because I never cut my hair...I hide behind it, remember my social shyness issues. Now it's gone and there is nowhere to hide. I'm kind of uneasy about that...but I had enough to donate to Locks of Love, so my cut was free as well!
Old 03-14-2009, 07:10 PM   #183  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

i hope everyone is having a good saturday. i got my mp3 player that DH said was going to be for my birthday. it is only a day early so he did not argue to much about. today is going pretty good i thought that i was really going to screw it up by going out to ihop for breakfast but i did not i had steak and eggs with pancakes i know that sounds like alot and yes it was but i brought most of the steak home with me i ate until i was no longer hungry. believe it or not did not eat or snack until abjout 4 when i had a bowl of left over soup from last night and i just finished 45 min of exercise.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:38 PM   #184  
PHILLIES - WS CHAMPS!

S/C/G: H: 265/S: 263/C: 213/ G: 150

Height: 5'8

I got a NSV... right now Gap/Old Navy/Banana Republic are having their Friends and Family sale. I went there just to browse and I tried on size 12 jeans and L shirts.

The shirts and the size 12 jeans fit! I haven't wore a size L misses shirt or size 12 jeans since 2002!!!
Old 03-14-2009, 09:52 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplefirefly View Post

It's okay, it has kept me from wanting to binge since then, big lesson learned!

Which sounds better to you? Plus, think about it, if you stick with healthy eating the rest of the pregnancy it will just be habit by the time the baby comes...you'll have a huge leg up on losing the rest of your weight, ya know?

Melissa--Do haircuts count toward pampering ourselves?!

Good job on the lesson learned I don't know why you gained 9 pounds...but it surely wasn't all from calories....OH well....like you said...live and learn!

And yes.....haircuts count for sure! Anything you do that makes you feel GOOD about yourself or relaxed and taking time for YOU is pampering in my book!

Eny - I think Purple offered some good food for thought so to speak Just keep in mind you don't wand gestational diabetes which can lead to a C-Section and a longer more painful recovery....that is what happened to me.... Just think of that precious little baby and the nutrition it needs to be getting.....you'll be fine!
Old 03-14-2009, 11:12 PM   #186  

Talking Secret Numbers Challenge Winners

Secret Numbers Challenge Winners

As many of you may remember....I challenged you to lose as much weight as you could for two weeks. I sent a "secret number" to Eny and if you lost the amount of that number or more you won the challenge....also the person (people) who got the closest to the number would be runner up.....

Well....the magic number was 7.2....a bit high I know...but I wanted to make sure that the person (people) who won got it cause they were workin' their booties off....

So no one hit the magic number...but we have some pretty awesome ladies who kicked butt and got CLOSE!

WINNERS
alexs hot momma with #4
dixiemae with #4

Runners Up
sprklemajik - #3.5

Congrats Ladies! Good job workin' it for two weeks.....remember...it all adds up!
Old 03-15-2009, 02:22 AM   #187  
Isla's mommy

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplefirefly View Post
Vanessa-Whatever the verdict is on your actual weight....you look FANTASTIC! Really, you look so good in your "new" clothes! Wear them everyday for the next week
LOL - thanks Purple! It's funny, I didn't want to change out of them to get into my pajamas tonight!! I forgot to weigh myself at my parent's. I guess I'll figure it out this week. Scales are evil! I'm convinced!!
Old 03-15-2009, 02:42 AM   #188  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

Hi girls! Its kinda late but I wanted to check in . I had a mini break down at work tonight and just got done talking with a guy from work that had similar thoughts as me. Just life issues in general druggies, alcoholics, adultress, etc. Just people around here in genral that I cant tolerate or understand. I feel a little better now.

Melissa- Love the new challenge. Im actually getting my hair cut and my eyebrows dont on tuesday. (even thought I know you dont want me to cut it) so I that will be a nice pamper day. Yeah, I know baby steps it is.

Purple- Yeah, it would be great for all of us to be in a maintenece forum together. I totally understand what you are saying. I know how you feel when you say how good you used to do. Roughly 5 yrs ago I only weighed 135. I have always been skinny so this fat thing is new to me. I guess thats another reason it gets to me so bad. Im not sure what happened, I guess its stress and working at a food place with too many good bad things to eat, lol.
About the measuring thing, I was actually thinking abotu doing that because I do think the inches I lose might be a little more motivating because thats alot to do with how my clothes will fit.

Faux- Thats so cool that you lost that much in a week. Any secrets?

Sexybrokechick- Thats great! I bet that felt really good. I cant wait to fit into a smaller size.

Well like I said earlier, its like 2am and im beat. I hate writing this late, I feel like I dont make sense sometimes, lol. Well see ya girls in the morning.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:04 AM   #189  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

thanks about this weeks win guys.... im happy i got down.. but it was easy to lose considering i binged previous to that for two weeks... lol
i just stayed completely on plan and drank water like it was goin out of style!!!hehe
yesterday i ws off plan.. but i was also heling some friends move. theybought us pizza fopr helping out and i had some. but its all good.. its 8am and i ve drank a litre of water already. just heading back t help out. im picking up my friends that are moving some breakfast at mcdonalds that they like.. but im not getting anything for myself. thats my NSV of the day

i am giving myself a pre-seeing DH makeover on the 20th.. hair cut, style, colour... nails did.. and some clothes shopping to boot! i might post sme pics of a few outfits and get your opinions on which one to wear the first day i see DH in 6mths!!

anyway.. im off to help my friends mve. congrats to the winners this week and here's to a week of staing on plan..an dpampring outrselves. becuse we ARE WORTH IT!
Old 03-15-2009, 10:05 AM   #190  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ufi View Post
This week was a lot of work. There were times when I really wanted food that wasn't good for me, really wanted to not work out. I guess it came down to what I didn't want more. I wish I could say that my motivation was more positive. I do feel pretty great about losing 2 pounds, and it felt good to be finished with exercise. But I know that if I keep on not doing healthy things, I'm going to have to keep dealing with all of the problems that come with my weight. I love food, but I hate being on blood pressure medicine more. Not a big fan of working out, but I'm even less a fan of huffing and puffing along behind my friends, especially with spring and outdoor activities looming. I'm tired of giving people fuel for mocking me, even as I acknowledge that they're mean to do it. I'm not especially thrilled about the new lifestyle, but I know it's better than the one I've got.

Not especially inspiring, I know. Sorry.
In a lot of ways it really is inspiring, the path isn't easy, but there you are, pulling yourself up by your bootstraps and carrying yourself forward on the path to better health. If it was this super easy skip and dance to the finish line, now that wouldn't be inspiring, but there you are, working and trudging forward. Keep going, you are inspiring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather1979 View Post
I hate working out. Im not one that likes to feel the burn. Its like a chore to me. Ive been at this for almost a year now and I havent lost hardly anything. I just cant get in the right mind set.
Truthfully, I don't always really enjoy working out myself, a lot of times it's a chore for me too. But I do the dishes when they need to be done, as I exercise when it needs to be done (4x a week). If that's the way it is for you, maybe you'll just have to make it work until it's a habit. After a while it does get easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxtini View Post
i am giving myself a pre-seeing DH makeover on the 20th.. hair cut, style, colour... nails did.. and some clothes shopping to boot! i might post sme pics of a few outfits and get your opinions on which one to wear the first day i see DH in 6mths!!
That's super exciting. Getting to see your DH is getting closer and closer.

So I had a super blessing happen in my life yesterday. About 3 weeks ago I had decided to stop buying clothes for a while. I've got some work outfits that fit properly for interview clothes, but all my summer and spring clothes I was going to wait until the week before vacation, so I'm not buying things and them not fitting later. The only person I have told about this is my husband, to keep me accountable on the $$ front of it. We were out with friends yesterday afternoon and my friend said "Tessa, I did my spring cleaning this week and have a lot of shirts that are size L/XL, I'm going to give them to goodwill, do you want to go through them first?" I ended up with about 10 new shirts that fit, and will definitely hold me over until vacation time. It was a double victory, because I didn't think they would even fit, but they did. So almost a reality check on what size I actually am, most days I still feel huge, but I felt normal sized yesterday, because my friend is normal sized and she still could wear the clothes.

I'm still pushing forward it's 9 weeks til my vacation, and I could actually be under 200 lbs, if and only if I stay on plan. Kicking it into high gear ladies.

Last edited by sprklemajik; 03-15-2009 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Cause it's only 9 weeks til vacay.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:14 AM   #191  

Quote:
Originally Posted by StNessa79 View Post
LOL - thanks Purple! It's funny, I didn't want to change out of them to get into my pajamas tonight!! I forgot to weigh myself at my parent's. I guess I'll figure it out this week. Scales are evil! I'm convinced!!
You know what if your having NSV's and you feel good then don't worry about a number on a scale.....don't let it bring you down!!!

I'm just doing a quick check in....I wanted to get my 24 hour journal in today....

#1. Make out meal plan for this week
#2. Make out grocery list and go get groceries
#3. 1500-1700 calories today
#4. Do something fun with my family
Old 03-15-2009, 10:15 AM   #192  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprklemajik View Post
We were out with friends yesterday afternoon and my friend said "Tessa, I did my spring cleaning this week and have a lot of shirts that are size L/XL, I'm going to give them to goodwill, do you want to go through them first?" I ended up with about 10 new shirts that fit, and will definitely hold me over until vacation time. It was a double victory, because I didn't think they would even fit, but they did. So almost a reality check on what size I actually am, most days I still feel huge, but I felt normal sized yesterday, because my friend is normal sized and she still could wear the clothes.
Wow! That is super cool, Tessa! I believe things are meant to happen when we are on the right path...and you definitely are.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:17 AM   #193  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Mel~you can borrow!! Don't mind a bit. I have a hair high light kit my reward for a good week. Does that count as a pamper for the challenge??
Old 03-15-2009, 10:26 AM   #194  

S/C/G: 214/196/175

Height: 5'6"

silly question but what is NSV??

Oh my man flu is worse, so today i am doing nothing except mess about on here and maybe have a soak in abit, im going to do my manicure pedicure too, I have my hair booked in on thursday night so chop and colour yey, if its good i may go along with it!,

ok so my jokes are lame, my brain is deflated and im not making sense to anyone, have a great day chicks

Last edited by Koshinogi; 03-15-2009 at 10:27 AM.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:43 AM   #195  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

You know I am going to get my hair done this week as well, nails are already done so going with hair since I have neglected it lately, trying to grow it back out so not doing much with it....

Next Week Goals
1. Start Journaling ( I really need to start making myself accountable)
2. Stay within 1300-1500 caloires
3. Drink 80-100 OZ of water daily

Kosh I sure do hope you get to feeling better soon.... Just seen your avatar you are looking really good, keep up the great work.

Tessa that is awesome, and like you said it made you feel normal sized just knowing that you are wearing the same size clothes as your friend who you view as normal sized, so you are on the right track...

Well I need to get going got to get my exercise in before we get to go on motorcycle ride again today. Got to go yesterday around town so took a pic and changed my avatar. Haven't been able to get my bike out since October so it was great to go for a ride....Just having the sunshine has me feeling motivated and that I can do anything right now...YAY

Have a Great Day
Closed Thread