Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 12:31 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

mod - I know you're right. And really I have no intentions of leaving him.. but I also feel the rule of no names unless you gave an egg or sperm. It is a very sweet way of showing his true love to her though. I have to say him getting a tattoo makes me want to hit my goal even more! I hav ethe idea in my head of what my goal tattoo will be (which I'll get after maintaining for 6 months) I have to PUSH to get it!
Old 08-16-2008, 12:48 PM   #242  

S/C/G: 230/179/150

Height: 5'7"

I just finished getting a new tat (in June) for the first time in about 10 years--it was to mark a new chapter in my life--my move across the country, my re-dedication to my goals, etc. It is a mermaid, and she has a great face. At times she looks sweet, definitely sexy, sometimes mischievous, even sly, evil! My hub and I haven't gotten tired of looking at her yet!

So I was thinking I wouldn't get another, maybe ever, but maybe if I do manage to get to goal and stay there for 6 months, I will. Now I have to think about what to possibly get......
Old 08-16-2008, 04:52 PM   #243  

S/C/G: 183/160/148

Height: 5'6"

Good job Matilda, theresia and Moon on the exercise!

Penchick~ I hope you get a burst of energy. Maybe once you get to the gym you'll feel more motivated.

Faux~ Congrats on the loss! I hope things work out with the visa.

I ran another 32 minutes lastnight and have been doing crunches. I also decluttered and deep cleaned my kitchen yesterday. I'm happy to be getting the house in good shape for the new school year. Soon soccer practices, PTA meetings and homework will be all too time consuming. I'll be happy to not have to focus on housework too.

Good luck All!
Old 08-16-2008, 05:28 PM   #244  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies!!!!

Eny ~ A tattoo??? Just remember....tattoos are forever!!!

I'm having a totally awesome day! I went shopping and got a couple new out fits! I can totally tell that I'm more toned in alot of areas...especially my fore arms! I think I'm gonna change up how I do things a little.

I'm getting a little bored with the DVD routine...but I think I'm gonna keep doing the 30 day shred cause it is only 20 min and I can tell such a big difference when I am doing it! I am also going to continue my walk/couch to 5K challenge....BUT I think I'm going to add in more strength training at the gym! I feel so strong and toned in some places and I want to bring that out more! I think I'm going to start focusing on that instead of the number on the scale! It will eventually come.

Okay so I have 2 weeks left in August...I have completely pissed away half the month sooooo I guess my new goal (since I only have two weeks now) is gonna be to lose 6 lbs....I know its a stretch even for that cause I have been on my lazy butt for almost 3 weeks now. I have finally gained a pound and I am back to 240....so its time to get serious and get some of this weight off!!! If I can be around 233 or 234 by the end of August I will be happy!!!
Old 08-16-2008, 06:13 PM   #245  

Mel - technically Tattoo's aren't forever anymore.. but the treatment costs mor ethen getting one! I have 3 right now - and each one I love and is VERY special to me. My goal one will be just as special.

I feel you on the revamping goal weight for August - although I was only REALLy lazy the first 7 days. For me It's not feesible to lose more then about #1.5 a week... and I haven't been doing that even! I'm adjusting my goal to a total of #4. Which means I have #3 to go in the next 2 weeks. My wiegh in day for this challenge is Sundays - since that's the day it ends on. So i'll really see how close I am tomorrow morning. But my new goal for this challenge is #182.6. Maybe, just Maybe I can beat it!!!!!
Old 08-16-2008, 08:49 PM   #246  
i WANT this...bad

S/C/G: 225/ticker/140

Height: 5'3

So I didn't read everything, but I am definitely jumping back in here!! lol I have lost 1% B.F. and have been exercising everyday this whole month I just need to update my ticker.

Eny- I have five name tattoos on me and have like 2 more to get until I have kids. Granted they are mom dad gramsies my surname and my grandpas surname. lol I agree with ya and whoever said it before that you should be blood. My ex hubs got a wedding ring tattoo and now it's got to fade because he won't get removal.

LENE!!! I found extra calories I was eating. You should start journaling and yeah that chick who gave me that idea is hella smart and beautiful.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:58 PM   #247  
Reached Goal Sept 11/09

S/C/G: 228/135

Height: 5'4"

Hello ladies,

So, I have been slacking on one thing. Posting! I knew this would be the most difficult thing for me.

I have struggled this week with the same 2 pounds (I weigh daily) but I finally broke through this morning! I weighed in this morning at 214.4, so that means I am down 7.6/10 pounds this month so far!

I did miss a day of exercise on Wednesday (just plain got lazy) and my Thursday workout was no good at all (felt like I was dragging my sorry butt the whole time). Yesterday was better, and today was the best. I felt great! Whew.

Anyway, it is my 7th wedding anniversary on Monday, and I would love to be down to 213.0 by then (which is 15 lbs total since July 22), but after this week, I will not sweat it if I don't make it.

Even though I don't post often, I lurk constantly. Your stories give me such joy and hope that I can do this too! Have a great weekend, all!

Heather
Old 08-16-2008, 09:30 PM   #248  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephyFowl View Post

LENE!!! I found extra calories I was eating. You should start journaling and yeah that chick who gave me that idea is hella smart and beautiful.
Sephy, you're back! I missed you! I'll give you a quick review of what you missed. Some of us gained weight, some of us lost weight, some of us rocked the exercise this week , some didn't, and Joe got a tattoo. But regardless of what happened last week, we are all going to kick tail this week because we know we only have 2 weeks left of our challenge. Did that help?

Mrs. Wolf~ Go on with your bad self! You are doing so great with your goals. I really hope you hit 213 for Monday. Have a Happy Anniversary if you don't come back to the board before then!

Momma~ Glad you had such a great day. I need to come up with a more set strength training routine. Shake things up a bit.

So my mini goal for this week will be to journal my food and drink all my water.

Good luck All!
Old 08-16-2008, 09:49 PM   #249  

Oh man, I am doing so poorly today--no energy at all, didn't do a darn thing today, after no exercise and eating completely off-plan yesterday, dealing with some stress. I didn't want to weigh myself this morning, but haven't been able to shake the blahs to go exercise to make me want to WI tomorrow.

I don't know where my head went--I was doing so well for a week or more--I was In the Zone and feeling disciplined, motivated, tons of energy.

Today, not sad, just so blah, so low-energy. Same with DH--he's been napping on couch all day, with the Olympics on in the background. You'd think that would motivate me--ordinarily it would, but not today....
Old 08-17-2008, 07:50 AM   #250  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

Melissa: SO glad to hear you had a great day yesterday! SO happy you are seeing a difference in muscles and everything!! Feeling stronger is SUCH a good feeling! And congrats on the new outfits!

Mod: Everyone has blahs days now and again.. just dont let it drag on for a bunch of days Im sending you some energy vibes !!

I won the five pound challenge on another thread this morning! yay! Im proud of the rate of my weightloss. I think the new changes I made at the beginning of august are really what's good for me right now. I dont think I've ever walked so much in my life-I loveit!

I got over the hump of thinking 'uhhh i gotta exercise today' to now saying ' I can't wait to get a good walk in before dinner.. maybe two!'
Old 08-17-2008, 10:11 AM   #251  

Ran 2.8 miles this AM. We have 15 days left of this month. I am going to buckle down hard. Here are my goals.

at least 6 more 2.5+mile runs
drink 64 ozs. water everyday
journal food intake
100 push up challenge
strength train 30 minutes/ 8 more times

I am still going for the 6lbs. Probably unrealistic in 15 days but I'm hoping when I weigh in tomorrow I'll have already lost some of that. I am dying to be in the 140's. I just want it so bad. I've been floundering around with the same pounds for weeks. I just want to break through it. I know some of you can relate to that.

To help me with my goals for the next 15 days here is my plan.
1. for the running I don't really need motivation my body wants to do it. I just need to make sure I can find the time. My Dh is getting me reflectors in case I have to go later in the evening.
2. water intake I'm going to fill a jug and have to finish it before bed each day.
3. journal food I have a notebook set aside and will write 149lbs. across it. I will write my goals and make it look pretty. Hopefully I feel more inspired to journal.
4. 100 push up challenge I'll incorporate this into 30 minute strength time. I so suck at these.
5. strength train 8 more times This is when I see the weight go down. I have slacked off bad on this. When I really put effort into this my numbers drop on the scale. I don't know how to plan this one exactly. But I know I will put big X's on my calendar as I get each day done. Eny, I think we talked about this last month. Seeing the x's is motivating.

Anyways, just wanted to say I'm going for it. I know I can do this and honestly it's 15 days. There's no reason I can't do this. I even read this post to my DH. Now I have to do this or else I'll look like a punk.
I know some of us fell off the wagon but there is still time to make a difference. I'd love to hear from you lurkers out there. Wouldn't it be great to start Sept. a little lighter and toned? Wouldn't it be great to have Theresia's stomach???

Last edited by lene1974; 08-17-2008 at 09:20 PM.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:19 AM   #252  

OK, I feel a lot better today. After my blah post yesterday, I forced myself to get up and go for a walk with the dogs. Not pushing it, just a pleasurable walk for about 45 minutes and it really helped put my head in a better place.

I weighed today and it wasn't bad at all--198.6.

I'm getting ready to go swim for an hour. I am finding it is better for me personally to get in some exercise as early in the day as possible--then I feel so much better about already accomplishing something. If I can get in a second WO, then so much the better, but I won't beat myself up, b/c I already did something.

Last 15 day mini-goals:

Get to 195 lbs.
Food journal every day
Exercise, at least walk, every day

That's only 2 weeks-I can do it! Problem is--I"m in Las Vegas last 5 days of August--but I plan on utilizing the gym and the pool at the Wynn--it's bound to have a nice gym and a nice pool. I'll let DH sleep in while I get up and go do something.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:28 AM   #253  
i WANT this...bad

S/C/G: 225/ticker/140

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1974 View Post
Sephy, you're back! I missed you! I'll give you a quick review of what you missed. Some of us gained weight, some of us lost weight, some of us rocked the exercise this week , some didn't, and Joe got a tattoo. But regardless of what happened last week, we are all going to kick tail this week because we know we only have 2 weeks left of our challenge. Did that help?
LOL Thank you for the update. I missed you too! I literally laughed for like 5 mins when you were giving me the run down and then said and Joe got a tattoo.. I just pictured your face in such a matter of fact fashion.. lol

Modcat: I'm glad you have your head in a better place! That is always a good thing.

Faux: YAY That was the biggest hurtle for me to overcome was not looking at exercise as a chore, but as something I enjoyed.. Helps loads when you start twisting your thinking like that.

Eny: I don't know if you are comfortable, but I love to see new tattoos.. lol picture maybe? It's nice to see a man confident enough to take up the responsibility of stepchild/ren.

So as for last night I went to boston's and we are having some family issues and I emotionally ate. BLAH.. SUCK. It's going to be ok because it was ONE meal and I'm moving on from it. I can't really change the situation with the family, but I am darn sure controlling myself from now on. Let me give you a run down.. No it wasn't just a normal little cheat meal. The contents that entered my stomach were:
-3 Shirley Temples! likeWTF right?
-Mozzi Sticks
-Individual pizza the tropical chicken.. like half the 7-8in pizza
-1/3 of the cheesecake wrap..
WHAT THE DEUCE was I thinking.. I do take a positive of it that back in the day I used to eat that and not even think twice about how many cals and how ungodly unhealthy it was..
So I'm done with a long post..
KEEP ON KEEPING ON CHICKS!!
Old 08-17-2008, 11:43 AM   #254  

So this morning started off great - waking up at the butt crack of dawn to drive 45 mins to eat BLUEBERRY PANCAKES AND SAUSAGE! (there's goes 1/2 of my daily calories!) It was REALLY good though! I'm just going to eat a big salad for dinner. I've been doing good adding in the extra work out on my day at home. I haven't done one yet this morning. I made it through 10 days of level one of the 30 day shred. Onto level 2 tonight. I'm not down as much as I'd like to be - but there are still 2 weeks left.. I can lose the last bit by then!!! (Plus some Hopefully!)

Sephy - i will post a picture as soon as he lets me take one. He said he wants the redness to go down a bit first. It looks really nice. I guess the biggest thing is that him and I have been rocky the last 2 months. In a way this is a sign of ultimate commitment to Hunter and I though. And I do love him! Everything in little steps - change doesn't happen overnight. (I should know that!!!)
Old 08-17-2008, 05:48 PM   #255  

S/C/G: 264/202/150

Height: 5'4

Eny-I think it may feel weird because she is not truly his daughter too. I would be wierded out too if I were in your situation...but it's his body and I guess it's up to him really...
Closed Thread