Old 08-07-2007, 06:12 PM   #16  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi it's me. Dinner's cooking but go over to General Chatter and read my post about "Rant about a Protest" and see what I faced today. I was going to just post it here to discuss it, but I really wanted to get it out.

Didn't get to the gym, but am eating on plan and house is SUPER clean.

xoxooo Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:05 PM   #17  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

Haven't had much time to post in recent days...I'm just trying to study hard and get through this class. My final test is on Thursday. Eek!

At least I've been keeping up with my healthy eating and workout scedule. It's actually a much better stress reliever than eating ever was, looking back at things.

I'm up to week 8 of the c25k program...28 minutes, no walking. Holy ****. It's insane. I would have laughed at anyone who told me I could do that 8 weeks ago. Now it's totally do-able. And...I have a 5K to run on Saturday. I'm just aiming to finish, but it would be nice to do it in 28-30 minutes.

It's funny how things often look their worst right before they start getting better. Thats exactly what happened with me. I was kinda of down and frustrated with my 1.5 pound gain last week...I just felt fat and disgusting, even though I knew the gain really wasnt such a big deal, since many factors could have effected my weight that morning. It just kind of hurt my mindset.

Well anyways, on Monday in our last game of summer basketball, I probably played my best game ever. I just felt so strong and in shape, and it showed. I felt so good afterwards and everyone was complimenting me afterwards...and at halftime a friend that I haven't seen me in a while ran up to me and was like...wow! you lost weight. Definetly lifting my spirits sky-high.

Then today my coach (who was at the game) sent out an email to the team early today, and it said "i was impressed with one player in particular no names but i hope her healthy lifestyle continues i am very proud of her committment." which I know was directed towards me. It made me feel even more encouraged.

And then there's you guys...who never have stopped encouraging me. Its awesome, seriously.

I feel like I have a team of supporters with me, and its a great feeling.

Of course I am losing the weight, but I feel like everyone supporting me also has a part in my success. I really could not be doing this all by myself.

Needless to say, I have went from lower than low to sky high. So to those going through hard and trying times, stick with it. Let others pick you up and you could find yourself in a place higher than you ever thought imaginable.

Ok, the day is almost done but here is my WEED:

W- 10 glasses (I was thirsty)
E- Slim Fast optima diet
E- 30 min cardio (workout 1 of week 8 of c25k), 15 min walk, resistance workout, ab workout.
D- I can do this. I am doing this!
glitterlicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 10:50 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 380/286/175

Height: 5' 6"

Default I'm Baaaack!

Hi WEEDers! Sorry no personals - I have to take more time to go through your latest posts so I can get them all straight. From skimming through them quickly, it seems I've missed a ton of stuff.

I just got back from the big camping excursion and couldn't face the laundry, so I'm checking in with you instead. I came back to central air that's humming, but not cooling (I'm just praying it's not the furnace - I'll have to check it in the daylight) and a dead hydranga plant (I'm praying a little water will help). I figure if that's the worst, I'm in good shape.

Speaking of good shape --- I had a fantastic time camping! My b-in-law is a volunteer firefighter and plays on the dept. softball team. The trip was to a firefighters' tournament. His whole team travels about 3 hours away and camps for the weekend while the tourny is being played. What a hoot! If any of you have spent any time with firemen, you know that they work AND play hard. Discovered Polish horseshoes - even the least fit of us can play. The roads and trails were really stony, so walking was too hard without twisting an ankle. I relied on the horseshoes and pool for my activity until yesterday, when we changed campgrounds. The new place had great walkways, so I got 3 good walks in.

Now here's the really good part - I was able to pretty much stay OP. I, of course, strayed from time to time, but I couldn't resist getting on the scale just now. I weigh the same as when I left, but I usually weigh in the AM, when I'm a little lighter. Soo - I'm looking forward to stepping on the scale tomorrow. Maybe I'll have a loss to report.

Can't wait to catch up!
musictchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:08 AM   #19  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

my lunchtime workout turned into the ab workout and a few pushups using the stability ball. we had technical difficulties with the dvd player at work LOL. i ate on track pretty much.....i still have the nibbles but i might be able to find something useful to snack on.

i am worn out though, i might head to bed in about half an hour...
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 03:03 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/125

Height: 4'11

im not doing to well ladies im eating bad only working out a few days a week, im not doing well emotionally. still having a hard time with everything, kinda stressed. . . but im still around
freeqeegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 08:55 AM   #21  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

freegee i'm glad you're still here. Sometimes i find that if i'm super stressed out, i get a workout in, and it seems to help a little. today will be my day for another c25k workout and i don't know what we'll be doing at lunch.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:14 AM   #22  
No pain, no gain.

W- 8-10 glasses
E- Slim Fast optima diet
E- resistance workout, ab workout
D- Every day all that I can do is to take a step forward.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:29 AM   #23  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Ditto on the support glitter! And a Big going out to freakqG! It'll get better girl, it always does. I recommend . . . yes here it comes: A Bubbly Tubbly Bath in Avon's "Creamy Frosting" (but really is CAKE BATTER) Time in the Tub Soak for all stress!!! OMGosh I love that stuff - so, of course, it hasn't been in a catalogue SINCE!
Must find out what Polish Horseshoes are musicT. Glad you had FUN!

WHERE are ya clykk?

Gotta go find nmichelle's "rant" . . . but realize I haven't been getting my WEED on . . .

W: Get More - It's H-O-T as H-E-L-* HERE!

E: Missing the Weight Room so far this week - get there tonight!

E: Staying OP! Bring it ON Dancing C:

D: MORE h2o and Upper Body Circuits!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 03:31 PM   #24  

Good news on the scale this AM - down a pound, even with the camping! Now I can really get back on track until next week's trip - but more about that another time.

glitter - That boost from the coach must have felt great. See what a kind word can do? Good luck on tomorrow's test. Now get away from the computer and study!!!

paula - Hope you had fun at your dinner. It's nice to get out with the girls!

michelle - Haven't found your rant yet, but keep your chin up. You have such a positive attitude about us, so turn it around on yourself!

W - 48 oz (32 to go)
E - strictly OP
E - 45 minutes on treadmill when it gets cooler (AC still not working)
D - 9 lbs to go before Labor Day: I think I can, I think I can
Old 08-08-2007, 03:36 PM   #25  

Oh my gosh!!!! I just realized that I'm 20% to my big goal!!!!!

Old 08-08-2007, 06:22 PM   #26  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Down 2.2 this week!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 08:59 PM   #27  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs down Camping plans thwarted!

A belated check in today. What a day!!!!!!! My DH and DS and I were planning on camping today through to Friday, but alas it was not meant to be. I did an hour of packing the car last night and this morning I was a couple hours into getting the food packed and the cooking hardware together, when my DH called me into his office to say that he was not feeling well enough to go! I was so bummed! So was he. I considered going on my own with my DS, but it just felt altogether too stressful. So, I had a meltdown of the crying kind and 2 hours later, I felt some peace. I think the hardest part was disappointing my DS by telling him I just couldn't go on my own without Daddy. That's a bit hard for him to understand because I have been taking him camping for 4 years on my own. But last summer, I had such a bad experience due to every little thing going wrong like TOM visiting, humidity around 40 Celcius, pouring rain for 24 hours up to and during packing up time. I WAS A BASKET CASE and I was all alone with my 8 year old. Poor guy, I was so angry and frustrated. Not his fault, but I had no adult for him to go to while I cursed the skies and cried in frustration. I kept telling him it wasn't his fault, but that does neither one of us much good if I can't calm down. I just can't bear the possibility of that happening again.

So, when my DH decided he would like to try camping again after years of staying away from it, I was excited about having another adult around to share up the workload. Anyways, I just couldn't face going alone. I was so far from packed and it was already noon. There was a 40% chance of rain tomorrow. It was humid. My DS was asking if another kid could come along now that there would be room in the car without Dad. All I could imagine was the possibility that the two boys would disagree on something which they do at times and I couldn't stand the idea of having to put up with it. I knew I wasn't in the right frame of mind to take the risk.

Sigh! How did I do today? Hard to remember!

W - 4
E - I had plans to let the set-up of camp and playing ball with my DS to be my exercise today. Instead, I got an emotional exercise today. Man, is that exhausting!
E - OP, except for the ice cream I just had to have after such an emotional day.
D - Try, try again.

JasonsLea, musictchr - Congrats on the weight reduction!!!!!!!!!!!

aud - My Mom is an Avon distributor. I ordered some of that BB from her today. I hope she finds it in her catalogue! I remember you saying you can't find it in the catalogue anymore.

glitterlicious Wow! What a great story!! I remember something like that happening to me when I was your age and in college. I dropped 10 pounds and the music director held me up as an example of someone taking good care of my health. It was so nice to be recognised for something that I was working so hard on.

Speaking of being recognised! I had a fella whistle at me tonight. I was shocked! It has been 15 years since that has happened, I swear! Put a smile on my face! He leaned out his window and asked if I was single. I blushed and said "No." But, hey, talk about making my night!

Holyteror Way to go on starting the c25k program! Who doesn't sweat like a pig, I would like to know?!

freeqeegrl Good to see you are still around! I guess you don't feel comfortable talking about what is stressing you out emotionally, eh? It might help.
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:22 PM   #28  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

alright! another day of c25k.....i'm worried though, i don't think i'm makin it to the 5k...then i realized how much i'll be jogging at the end ROFLMAO

brain's all brokey, i did 2700+ steps on the stairstepper/elliptical thing today, it was 21 minutes and 210 burned calories!!!!! i'm hungry now though, gonna get a shower, dinner, and fold some laundry
Old 08-09-2007, 09:09 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Hello Everyone!

I hope you all don't mind that I join your thread. I started one, but it's only myself and another gal that post mostly. It was getting a little bit lonely b/c I was mostly posting to myself. I have two challenges that I'm working on. 1.) To lose weight in 10# increments, six week challenge. 2.) At least 30 min. of daily exercise. (A challenge to have every day!) I've lost my first 10# and am now working on my next 10#. (With a total of 50-60# to lose) I've lost a lot of weight before. I just need to figure out how to keep it off once and for all! Well, I've gotta run right now. Good Luck to you all on your weight loss journey. Take Care!
Freckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:53 AM   #30  
No pain, no gain.

W- 8-10 glasses
E- Slim Fast optima diet
E- week #8, workout 2 of c25k, ab workout
D- I can't wait until the 5k on saturday!!!

I'll really want to write personals right now but i have to do it later because I have a HUGE test in a little over an hour that I need to review for.
Once I get done with this class today I'll have plenty of time.