Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-12-2006, 11:37 PM   #46  

I'm a 21 year old college student, and I am having the hardest time binging. I feel disgusted with myself when I do it. I weigh 143-ish (changes everyday depending on how much I binge - or don't binge). I went to Australia for Spring semester 2005, where I Jumped from 140 lbs to 153 lbs. Then over the course of the summer, I ate very little, exercised a lot, and got done to 133. Then I slowly started eating poorly again, and it came back. It's so scary. I know what I need to do to be healthy, but something takes over. This is so embarrassing to admit, but say tonight, I had 3 cookies, 2 pieces of fudge, 4 pieces of pizza, half a bag o' doritos, 2 choc. bisquets, cereal, cheese, 2 pieces of toast, 3 donut holes, 3 pieces of licorice, 2 bowls of ice cream... and then I had dinner an hour later. Then my attempt to compensate is to work out - so I try and do an hour to an hour and a half of cardio. Well tonight I did half an hour and thought I was going to die. I have tired to stop so many times. I have tried food diaries. I am at my witt's end. Please help... I don't want to seek an AO group, but would love some sort of support.
SilvrDrkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 11:54 PM   #47  

I would highly reccommend you seek some type of therapy. Binge eating is a disorder, and one you can't self treat. The behavior you describe is absolutely binge eating, and exercising to compensate is what my therapist calls "exercise bullemia." I would suggest seeking out a therapist or nutritionist who specializes in eating disorders. It's not going to go away by itself. Please get some help.
Hibiscus8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 01:30 AM   #48  

Height: 5'-2"

SilvrDrkness, I can completely relate to what you're saying. Your list of foods sounds like many of mine.
I think that Hibiscus' idea is a good one. We're very much here for you, but it's important that you take charge now while you're still young. You don't want to go through years of gaining and losing like some of us here. It can take "forever" to get a handle on a eating disorder, so the sooner you make a positive move to do something about it, the better. Your quality of life will be so much better, and far less stressful.
Big hugs, sweetie...
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 04:59 AM   #49  

i haven't read the questions because i've long established i'm a compulsive eater. for a while i did quite good i got up to 5 binge free (BF) days one week altho most weeks 3 was the very best i did. i have never been able to relate to the OA approach (can't get past step 1) so i just keep trying with setting myself BF targets and trying to find other things to do to keep me away from food. i won't say it's easy. i regularly make an entire batch of cookies and eat the whole thing. a lot of it goes as cookie dough - darn i love that stuff - and then follow it up with dinner and other crap. it's hard and i find i have to be vigilant. i can do well for a while but as soon as i take my eye off the ball i'm back into my bad habits
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 12:10 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 194/192/145

Height: 5'3

I am edfinitley a compulsive overeater and i am always planning what to eat every week and i fail,

do u all think it would be better if i just took it one day at a time? it sounds easier than trying to plan for like a week because there's a lot of time to eat in a week!

Planning excerise is not a problem but planning the food 1 week in advance is
KristenElizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 04:33 PM   #51  

YES! definitely. One day at a time is the best way to go, sometimes even 1 hour at a time!
Old 03-18-2006, 04:43 PM   #52  

Welcome, Kristen!
Sweet Pea is right... sometimes we just have to take it slow. For some of us, one week may as well be a year, you know? It's just such a huge amount of time.
Although if you're just doing meal planning, I think that's fine. I mean, you can adjust as you go along if necessary...
Old 03-18-2006, 10:00 PM   #53  

Default Re: Overeating

Ok I will try and take it slow now that I know that is ok from listening to what you have had to say I think it will make a huge difference!
Old 03-19-2006, 01:42 AM   #54  

sounds good! it can help to plan your meals for grocery shopping esp if you have trigger foods
Old 03-22-2006, 05:43 PM   #55  

I have been compulsively eating really badly
I go to spinning after school 3 days a week with one of the gym teachers from my school and a few other girls. We work hard and then of course I get hungry. When I get home I have a snack, then another snack, and another etc. Even on days I don't exercise I still come home and stuff my face from around 3-5 pm. In that two hour period I don't even know how much I've eatin but I know it's too much. In my mind I know I should not be eating it but I also say- that tastes so good!!! =[ It's horrible I have no control
Im tired, hungry, and stressed out and I can't stop eating what should I do??
Old 03-23-2006, 07:43 PM   #56  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristenElizabeth
I have been compulsively eating really badly
I go to spinning after school 3 days a week with one of the gym teachers from my school and a few other girls. We work hard and then of course I get hungry. When I get home I have a snack, then another snack, and another etc. Even on days I don't exercise I still come home and stuff my face from around 3-5 pm. In that two hour period I don't even know how much I've eatin but I know it's too much. In my mind I know I should not be eating it but I also say- that tastes so good!!! =[ It's horrible I have no control
Im tired, hungry, and stressed out and I can't stop eating what should I do??
I used to do the same ... Now I eat every 3-4 hours whether I am hungry or not, I eat a portion of carb and a portion of protein... This has helped me tremendously, I never get ravenous or crave cookies or sugar anymore, the only time that I do get cravings is when I don't eat my 5-6 meals/day. I have found that eating so often has given me "permission to eat" so I don't starve myself and letl my blood sugar levels go up and down like I used to... I also always eat something before going to work my favourite thing to eat is oatmeal, some days I have oatmeal 3 times/day!Good luck, I hope this advise helps, keep us posted....
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 03:41 PM   #57  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene
I used to do the same ... Now I eat every 3-4 hours whether I am hungry or not, I eat a portion of carb and a portion of protein... This has helped me tremendously, I never get ravenous or crave cookies or sugar anymore, the only time that I do get cravings is when I don't eat my 5-6 meals/day. I have found that eating so often has given me "permission to eat" so I don't starve myself and letl my blood sugar levels go up and down like I used to... I also always eat something before going to work my favourite thing to eat is oatmeal, some days I have oatmeal 3 times/day!Good luck, I hope this advise helps, keep us posted....
Thanks for the advice
That has worked for me in the past. The only thing is, that since Im in highschool they don't allow us to eat during class so i can't eat that many times during the day. During the summer I dio that though and it does help a little which is why it really sucks (pardon the word usage) that it is like that
Old 03-25-2006, 08:32 PM   #58  
I will not fail!

S/C/G: 282/272/180

Height: 5' 10"

Im new also.
Jtjoray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 07:12 AM   #59  

Welcome, Jtjoray!
Congratulations on your loss to date!

Kristen, what about taking a power bar of some sort to school with you? You could even cut it in half before you go, and in between classes snarf down a piece mid-morning and then mid-afternoon.
Like Ilene said, it's so important to keep your body fueled throughout the day.
Old 03-26-2006, 12:02 PM   #60  

Smile

Thats a good idea!
I think I will try that

Hi Jtjoray!
This is one of the best threads on here, everyone is very supoportive!

Talk to you all later thanks for the advice!