Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-16-2012, 09:26 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 208/162/140

Height: 5"3

The second week in August has been clean for me, the first week I didn't binge at home but when I was presented with food opportunities in the outside world I slipped.

I find it hard after about 5+ days of binge free I get this butterfly feeling like gosh wouldnt it be just easier to do it and get that craving feeling out of the way but now I feel like I have to ride this one out or I will never be able to break that weekly cycle.

Things I did this month to look forward to and enjoy instead of binge eating: dyed my hair, bought a candle, burned some incense, cycled into the city instead of taking to bus, made an inspirational [beautiful] photo album, things collected from the internet, planned ahead for the weekend so I wouldnt end up going along with my boyfriend because HE wants a takeaway. Didn't get nachos/sweets/icecream at the cinema.. did bring a bag of crisps/chips instead so I didn't blow my calories but stupidly almost finished off the bottom end of his large (yeah I know.. -_-) popcorn which was like 400 calories bleugh for salty cardboard.
swissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:25 AM   #77  

Height: 5'1

danzingurl77When you are a binger, you do need to take it one day at a time. Sometimes I will find I'll be able to go a couple of days of not even thinking about some junk food but other days, like the last couple of days it was a killer! But I made it and so can you.

swissy Distracting yourself is always great to try fit those binges. I often go a couple of days myself and then it gets difficult to fight those cravings but I try and have since succeed since my last binge at the start of June some time.

I got down to 135lbs this morning for my official weigh in and it made me just want to keep up the good work I've been doing and kick some butt! I'm feeling a lot more upbeat and happier and my urges for a binge have disappeared...for now anyway. When I updated my blog post for the week, I went and made lunch followed by a weight lifting session and just a few minutes ago, I finished a step aerobics session. I guess seeing that drop make me feel a lot better than I could have ever imagined. It does get annoying after a while if you are seeing no losses for a few weeks, which is what had happened. Anyways, I'm back in the game now and ready to carry on!

Last edited by Dreamer2012; 08-16-2012 at 10:26 AM.
Dreamer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:50 AM   #78  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

Thanks dreamer! And great job on that new low weight!! I DID make it through yesterday! And I sure am glad I didn't go wild! hope everyone has a fabulous day!!
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:52 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 152/135/125

I binged this afternoon. It was a small binge. I had one medium sized bowl of frosted flakes, a large portion of spaghetti with tomatoe sauce and two small peaches.
That was in addition to my regular breakfast and lunch. My room mate offered me the frosted flakes. I would never buy them and I normally don't eat the junk my room mates buy. But I had always liked frosted flakes as a kid and haven't had them in years. After my room mate left the appartment, I started cooking spaghetti. My stomach hurt so badly afterwards. I was thinking about what a relief purging would be. One year ago, I could have eaten much without any problem. So that's a good thing.

I don't know exactly what triggered it. Maybe the frosted flakes. Also, things don't go the way I would like them to go at the lab. I am not happy with my results. And I am very tired all the time.

Well, I still went to my usual Thursday gym class at night with a friend (if it wasn't for her, I would have just stayed home, but we always go together). My stomach still hurts a little. I had difficulties during the class.
I am going to watch a movie now and go to bed early. It's 8.50pm here. So calorie-wise, the day wasn't that bad. But binging still makes me feel like crap.

Last edited by Amygdala; 08-16-2012 at 02:53 PM.
Amygdala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:15 PM   #80  
Jessica

Amygdala- don't feel too bad! At least you still made it to your workout class!

I binged today... So stressed... And got my depo shot yesterday... So maybe that's why. Tomorrow is a new day!
Old 08-17-2012, 12:59 PM   #81  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

^^what is a depo shot? are you sick?

i finally made it to my mini goal ...i lost around 8-10 pounds since august 1. yaay most of it was water retention but still it's been long since i've seen that number on a scale ...i just have to incorporate some exercise and toning my body otherwise it's gonna be like before when i lost the weight and got left with flabby body even though i exercised.so many things are happening so fast that i barely have the time to think about food, no less to exercise but i do walk quite a lot.
i finally statrted applying for my college abroad and as it hit me just today that i might really move away which practically means new life, new friends, new people and honestly i'm a bit scared but also excited because i wanted this so much.
also these past few days very strange things have been happening...involving my best friends and my family...and some of the relaitonships might be gone or changed for good and in moments like this i wish to be far far away.
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:01 PM   #82  

Quote:
Originally Posted by missunshine View Post
i finally statrted applying for my college abroad and as it hit me just today that i might really move away which practically means new life, new friends, new people and honestly i'm a bit scared but also excited because i wanted this so much.
What country are you going to? I went abroad for a year twice. Once during high school and than after finishing it. The first time I went to France as an exchange student, which was really exciting. I was only 15 back then.
After high school, I went to the USA to work as an Au pair for 12months, which was pretty cool, too.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:50 PM   #83  
Jessica

Starting over today... One day at a time!

Missunshine- the depo shot is a form of hormonal birth control, I'm always super hungry and moody for a few days after I get it! But it's only once every 12 weeks- so it's not terrible!
Old 08-17-2012, 06:07 PM   #84  

oh wow i had no idea that kind of birth control exited ...i guess it's better that than pills? and binging here and there once in a while isn't such a terrible thing.
last month when i was pms-ing i binged like craaazy...but this month is totally different. i also told myself that i can binge twice a month or every 2 weeks if i really feel the need and it helps because i haven't binged yet. but i know i will because when i lower my calorie intake my body goes crazy after a while and i eat everything in sight.

amygdala- hopefully i'll be going to Italy wow that's amazing ...i would sooo like to go to usa and i applied for a few aupair jobs this summer but i didn't get any answer but one of my friends did get it and she went to spain. but i did get to go to summer school in italy last month and it was a blast
Old 08-18-2012, 11:03 PM   #85  
Jessica

Missunshine- I like it better than pills because I don't have to remember anything! But a side effect a ton of people complain about is weight gain. I notice that my cravings ARE worse- but I haven't gained weight. I'm actually considering switching to something else if it'll help get rid of carb-cravings...

But I am back on track, hopefully I can stay on for a while... I'm slowly but surely gaining about 1 lb/month with this binge-madness!
Old 08-19-2012, 07:51 AM   #86  

^^ well you should do what's best for you

it's a big holiday here today and food is all over the place so it's gonna be a long and anxiuos day and i hope i can resist myself. my mom made baklava and i had a piece for breakfast and it was sooo sweet. i haven't had chocolate or sweets in a long time and i almost forgot the taste of sugar lol
i don't want to fall of the wagon today especially when i woke up today my scale showed 1 pound less and i'm at my lowest weight since more than a year
Old 08-19-2012, 09:34 AM   #87  

missunshine - I really like Italy! I don't speak the language, though. I've only been there on vacation.

I overate yesterday. I was at the pool with a friend and she had bought cookies and chips. I feel like binging today... after a day of bad food, it's always hard to get back on track for me.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:20 PM   #88  

thankfully i managed it today, went to cinema with my friend and had ice cream and i'm so happy this day is finally over : )
Old 08-19-2012, 07:30 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

August 19th and still binge-free for the month

But I tell ya, this week was a killer. It's three weeks since my last binge and I was very strong and motivated for the first two weeks, but I have started fantasizing about food again...you know, what I would eat if I had a day where I could eat whatever I wanted. Imagine - walking on the treadmill thinking about how much I want a cinnamon roll and chicken biscuit with honey butter!

I won't give in, but I have to go out to dinner twice this week and I always struggle in restaurants. I don't know where we are going on Tuesay, and there are limited healthy selections at the Wednesday place. I am also thinking I will do the 21-day challenge from My Fit Foods starting next weekend just to shake things up a bit. It is like a Jenny Craig but there is no membership and you can just buy the occasional fresh, healthy meal instead of an entire month of food if you want. Maybe a very structured plan will help me; variety and challenges keep me motivated.

Nearly 21 days down, a whopping 49 to go to break my personal record...
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:35 PM   #90  
Jessica

Missunshine- sheesh you've been doing great! And with all those new low-weights!! way to be! Italy sounds so amazing! Good luck with wherever you end up going!

Amygdala- hang in there! Peer pressure to eat is so hard...!!

Kittykatfan- I hope you are able to beat that record of yours!

I'm feeling good three days in- school starts tomorrow and it's my first year teaching at a public school, I don't have a clue what I'm doing. Luck for me, the nerves have destroyed my appetite :P no danger tonight!