Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-10-2010, 08:24 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 214/213.5/135

Height: 5'8"

I think this is the greatest thread around! Im so happy to hear that I am not standing on he edge of the binge-cliff alone! I have been a 3fC member for 3 days so I guess that would make me earning day 3 binge-free. I think this is so great! I am a chronic binge-eater! I am so happy in the moment but as soon as I am done, the guilt and disgust set in and that stays with me FAR longer than any small amount of satisfaction! My biggest challenge is the 2 hours between the time I get home and my boyfriend gets home & we have dinner. Thats prime-binge-time for me! Guess I know where I will be going from now on between 430pm and 630pm!

Congrats to all that gals that have made it without binging, I am going to join your club now!!
porange510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:14 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 167/160.2/135

Height: 5'6.5

Welcome, Porange510! and Congrats on day 3!

I, too, am earning day 3 today. I haven't been too tempted this week, though, so I don't feel any sense of accomplishment. If I survive the weekend that will be amazing! And that's a motivating thought - I have to stay binge-free until the weekend so that I can then stay binge-free through the weekend because I want to prove to myself that I can kick the weekend's butt!
YoYono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:14 AM   #33  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Friends!!!!

I did it! Today is Day 30! It feels great to have a month behind me! For the record, I am STILL Halloween candy free! Not one single piece! I thought about it a few times, even had it in my hand, but never did open it. I just put it back and thought to myself that I KNOW eating 1 piece of candy will lead me to BingeLand and I DO NOT WANT TO BE THERE! I've worked WAY too hard over the last 30 days to get back in the swing again. It feels amazing!

Kim: GREAT JOB GIRL!!!!!!!! I knew you would survive last night. You are far too determined now to make it happen! You are doing great girly!!!

Porange: Welcome!! We are glad you are here! Congrats on Day 3! This is a great place!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day today!!!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:47 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

oh my gosh vixsin - you make me smile... and tear up! i am so proud of you for making it 30 days!!! and saying "no" to halloween candy is not easy !!! way to go!!!!

porange - welcome!!! it is so nice to meet new people and journey together!

it is 10;45 and i am dying here ladies... i could seriously eat the entire world right now... there is a cafeteria one floor down and i have never been there...today is NOT going to be the day i start! i just need to focus and breath and remember the goals i have for myself... i am going to look up my list of Kudos and see what I am doing to "celebrate" 90 days and what the next goal is (Nov 26th I believe as it is my ex-husband's 50th bday and I know i will feel emotional about that since i am the party-planning type and this would have been a huge blowout party for him... if we were still together of course!)

okay... breath in...breath out... get to work Kim !

hugs to allll you fabulous ladies!!!!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:58 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 201/Ticker/165

Height: 5'-10"

Newbie to 3FC but, sadly, not a newbie in trying to get and keep weight off. I love this accountability thread because I'm insanely prone to hitting the junk food and totally blowing all my careful plans. I'm currently earning Day 6 after an unfortunate incident with Hallowe'en candy (curses on that holiday).

I thought I had enough control to stay away from the extra candy that we didn't hand out. Apparently I don't. I am now going to walk to the pantry and toss all the extra out.

On a side note, both my kids have more self control than I do - they eat 2-3 pieces a day and they have the good sense to hide their candy bags from me. How sad is that?
NoMakeSense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:37 PM   #36  
Super Single Mom

Stay strong Kim!!!!! You're tired and because of that hungry for everything. You are amazing and so strong! You won't give in today! I have faith in you! And if you want a party to plan, plan one for me. I'll be 40 next year.

Welcome NoMake! Great choice on throwing out the extra candy! Candy is the devil for me too!
Old 11-10-2010, 01:57 PM   #37  
i76

Vixsin : Day 30, thats great!

Happytobeamom: You are stronger than you know! Dig deep.

Nomakesense: Tossing the candy sounds good, no distractions for you.

As for me, well.......its back to Day zero. Today have been a binge, I even cringe writing the word.

As I reflect I realise the following
1. have been tired and under the weather (going to bed super early 8.30 and 9, which is good but leave me frustrated as it feels like all i do is work then come home and go to bed)
2. I skipped the gym on mon & tues as feeling pants
3. I ditched my session with trainer tonight and then binged on chocolates and crisps. Now I feel bloated and crap.
4. I weighed myself this morning and the scales haven't moved in 2 weeks even though I have been working it hard - my trousers are looser but that wasn't enough to stop me boarding the train to binge town. Toot toot! Humpf!
These are no excuses but I guess I need to see the triggers so I can head them off earlier.

Pah! Pah! Pah!
i76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 02:01 PM   #38  
A Work in Progress

S/C/G: S-201.5/C-142.5/G-145.0

Height: 5' 6"

Just checking in, ladies.

Vixsin - WOO HOO!!!!!! You made it 30 days! I am so impressed. You are awesome! And by the way, I'm headed for the big 4-0 next year, too.

Welcome to Porange & NoMakeSense. This is an AWESOME place for support. I look forward to getting to know you better.

YoYono - way to turn this week around. I'm proud of you.

Kim/Happy - YOU CAN DO THIS!!! We are all here for you as you've been here for us in the past. I'm sorry I've logged in so late & hope you are checking in with us often. It has helped me to write down exactly how I feel (tired, stressed out, lonely, etc.) and then list at least 2 things I can do to help with those feelings. Review the list often & chose to do at least some of them. Also, stay out of the kitchen tonight. If you have to make dinner, cook something you don't love, use paper plates to keep the clean-up to a minimum, and throw out the leftovers. Take a long bath, read a book, call a friend, go shopping, ANYTHING to just stay out of that kitchen.

These urges are just feelings. We are in control, not the urge. You DESERVE to make it a binge-free day.

i76 - do you take your measurements? I always found that the weeks when I wasn't losing BUT was working out a lot, my measurements were changing. Take a break from pushing yourself so hard & just focus on taking care of yourself. It's a wholistic thing. Maybe reduce the # days or intensity for a week & focus on clean eating & lots of sleep? I found that to be really effective, and then could kick it back up a notch or two.

I've earned day 4. I over-ate yesterday, but also did TWO workouts to help make up for it. It was not bingeing in the slightest. I made some choices that were not super healthy, but so what? It was just 1 day. On to day 5 without bingeing & without guilt.

Last edited by cherylmn; 11-10-2010 at 02:04 PM.
cherylmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 03:11 PM   #39  
Super Single Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylmn View Post
i76 - do you take your measurements? I always found that the weeks when I wasn't losing BUT was working out a lot, my measurements were changing. Take a break from pushing yourself so hard & just focus on taking care of yourself. It's a wholistic thing. Maybe reduce the # days or intensity for a week & focus on clean eating & lots of sleep? I found that to be really effective, and then could kick it back up a notch or two.
Yes, Yes, Yes, YES!!!!!!! I concur 100%! Hope you get things figured out i76!!
Old 11-10-2010, 03:30 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Day 275!

VIXSIN, congratulations!!!! I knew you could do it! Wow, that is so great that you resisted candy. That's HUGE! You should feel very proud. I am! Now it's time to reward yourself! I am soooo happy for you!

Nomake and Porange, welcome!

HAPPY, I'm sending you good thoughts to be strong today. I know you will!! Drink water, buy coffee, get out of the house, whatever it takes. Best of luck to you!

FRUITLADY, you're in my thoughts today! I'm sending you special wishes to make it through the restaurant event. I know you'll be strong!

JESSIECAT, congrats to you for doing well. You asked how I'm staying strong. (I know people are probable sick of me saying what I do, but here goes.) It's not always easy, but when I get tempted, and I do under stress or some other emotion, I have to stop and ask myself questions. I ask myself what's really bothering me. When I want to eat, I know something's bothering me. Then I have to distract myself. I either exercise, get out of the house, do something nice for myself or come here and post. It's funny, but cravings do pass. Today I was very tired and tempted. And I know that temptation can lead to a binge. I don't want to go there anymore. So I bought coffee and now I can go on. Best of luck to you!

Good luck everyone!

Tyla

Last edited by tyla; 11-10-2010 at 07:55 PM.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 03:39 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 167/160.2/135

Height: 5'6.5

You say it all the time, Tyla, but I NEVER get tired of hearing it! I'm having wicked cravings right now and it was so helpful to read your little paragraph, even though I've seen it before. Cravings DO pass! thanks!
YoYono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 04:02 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

YOYONO, thank you for saying that! You made my day! It also brought tears to my eyes that I've helped someone. Thank you and all the best to you! I know you will succeed!

By the way, another trick I do when I'm home is brush my teeth. No way am I going to eat after that.

Tyla

Last edited by tyla; 11-10-2010 at 04:04 PM.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:59 PM   #43  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

To all- i wanted to thank you all for best wishes at Red Lobster, It worked!

It was so hard last night, but I did it. I ended up having a side garden salad w/ no dressing & a bite of cake( really strong rum cake), which was horrible, thank goodness. No cheddar things for me!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 07:55 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 143.8/131.2/120

Height: 5'7''

I enjoy reading all the posts! It seems like everyone is really heading in the right direction. Sadly, I can't add a second day onto my binge-free count
I went to CVS to buy Puffs Plus (I have a cold) and I bought a pint of ice cream and 2 candy bars. I tracked all my calories and am definitely high for the day, but my binge wasn't technically what I call a binge. I didn't feel out of control.. I didn't buy as much as I usually would when "binge shopping" at CVS. I def went off program, but oh well. I am done for the night and don't feel the need to continue. Another positive is I tracked all my calories. On a typical binge, I wouldn't know because I would eat a lot of things not knowing the exact calories because who is seriously measuring their food when bingeing!!!!

But I am a bit nervous. I am headed for Toronto for the long weekend tomorrow and will be eating all my meals out. Plus I have a cold and won't be exercising. I am going to try to stick to broth-based soups (though high in sodium I'll take that over high fat foods) and veggies and fruit. I want to come back on sunday at least the same weight as I WI'ed with today or even lower. Wish me luck! I'll let you know how it goes!
JessieCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:26 PM   #45  
Just Breathe

S/C/G: 293/279/Healthy

Height: 5'6

I am new to this forum and I binged 2 days ago but I hope to be a part of the next Challenge.
Congrats to all of you who have been successful this week! <3
MsRatFink is offline   Reply With Quote