Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-19-2015, 11:22 AM   #31  

Height: 6-1.5

That reminds me of the time I ate a box of rasins-- a big box. Yikes! I had all sorts of mad dashes to the loo.
giselley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 11:28 AM   #32  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by giselley View Post
That reminds me of the time I ate a box of rasins-- a big box. Yikes! I had all sorts of mad dashes to the loo.
Same result with 4 lbs of green grapes...
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 12:50 PM   #33  
Yes.

Have to be careful yeah, I read somewhere that it's easier to control yourself once a week at the grocery store than every day when the food is right in front of you.
Forseir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 10:46 AM   #34  

Default Listening to Your Body

I used to be that way about candy as well. Had to finish the whole bag even if I felt sick. Now I can eat it as long as I am sitting down and eating it mindfully. What I notice is that when I really pay attention, I don't really like it that much.
cketchum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 02:23 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 188/188/138

Height: 5'5"

You are so right! If we listen to our bodies, we will often make better choices.
LRAQUILA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 06:30 PM   #36  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

oh my...glad i don't live in the house with you LOL those things tear me up!

Next time just open them and throw them in the trash ASAP. Yeah, there are starving kids but they aren't gonna be helped by your opened box of food and neither is anyone else. Just say "my health is worth more than this junk food". I'm a mom and all sorts of tasty things get left on plates and I get the "don't waste" guilt but really you just have to chuck it and walk away. You will guilty eating it or guilty throwing it away...guilt is inevitable, I guess..but you won't have it in your body in one of those scenarios.
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 11:11 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 1/1/18/ 202/169/126

Height: 5'3 3/4"

They'll give you hives. Concentrated chicory...worst case of hives I've ever had. Lasted for weeks from a box of Fiber One bars. Will never touch one again. The hives left scars on my fingers.
Mossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 12:53 PM   #38  

S/C/G: Started Cal Counting on 1/4/16

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candidcamster View Post
I can't buy Kind bars, love them but no self control, when I buy chips I make sure I can handle the calories ( like 360 calories in the whole bag of Beanitos) because once I start I don't stop.

Ha! I love Kind Bars And they are healthy, but if you eat enough of them it's no longer healthy; it's now full of lots of calories! So instead of buying an entire box of these, I just purchase one or two at Walgreens. And they are only used as a treat on the weekend.
JerseyPAGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 02:26 PM   #39  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

I LOVE Fiber one bars especially the cheesecake ones but I only allow my self to have 2 a day.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 05:52 PM   #40  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Well, there's one good thing here: I'm sure OP has recovered from the Fiber One bars by now, as the thread is about five years old.

I keep Quest protein bars in the house. They are without a doubt the sweetest thing that I eat anymore. I have one for dessert. After I eat it, there's sometimes a touch-and-go moment where I might head back to the pantry to get another. I feel like a drug addict in a movie, struggling with demons, as I make myself turn around and go do find something more productive with my time. And with any luck, if I become absorbed, I forget that I wanted to eat.

It wasn't eating to eat, it was eating to taste. Even more than wanting to taste, it was seeking a form of oblivion, something soothing.

And it was why I used to eat the same thing repeatedly: A switch went on, and I thought, "More, more, more" even as it wasn't tasting so good anymore, but eating was possessing, as if I was afraid something might be taken away from me and I had to cram it all in before someone pulled away the box or the dish.

Or else I used to binge sequentially, from salty and crunchy to soft and sweet, like I was searching for the exact taste & sensation that was satisfying enough so that I would finally feel sated and relieved.

I don't do this now. Haven't done it in maybe two years. But I never feel that far from it and oh, how how I understand these posts. I could go back to being that woman so easily, if I didn't watch myself and remind myself what these cravings are really about. For me, they are always a form of self-soothing and a release of tension, due to other things in my life causing stress -- none of which have anything to do with food or eating, so that will never solve them.

Last edited by saef; 08-09-2015 at 05:53 PM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 12:57 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 300/300/140

Height: 5,4

I relate to this post all too well. I've eaten lots of whole things! Just start again tomorrow! *hugs*
shrinkinglindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 06:10 AM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by saef View Post
Well, there's one good thing here: I'm sure OP has recovered from the Fiber One bars by now, as the thread is about five years old.

I keep Quest protein bars in the house. They are without a doubt the sweetest thing that I eat anymore. I have one for dessert. After I eat it, there's sometimes a touch-and-go moment where I might head back to the pantry to get another. I feel like a drug addict in a movie, struggling with demons, as I make myself turn around and go do find something more productive with my time. And with any luck, if I become absorbed, I forget that I wanted to eat.

It wasn't eating to eat, it was eating to taste. Even more than wanting to taste, it was seeking a form of oblivion, something soothing.

And it was why I used to eat the same thing repeatedly: A switch went on, and I thought, "More, more, more" even as it wasn't tasting so good anymore, but eating was possessing, as if I was afraid something might be taken away from me and I had to cram it all in before someone pulled away the box or the dish.

Or else I used to binge sequentially, from salty and crunchy to soft and sweet, like I was searching for the exact taste & sensation that was satisfying enough so that I would finally feel sated and relieved.

I don't do this now. Haven't done it in maybe two years. But I never feel that far from it and oh, how how I understand these posts. I could go back to being that woman so easily, if I didn't watch myself and remind myself what these cravings are really about. For me, they are always a form of self-soothing and a release of tension, due to other things in my life causing stress -- none of which have anything to do with food or eating, so that will never solve them.
Thank you I needed that
classykaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 10:20 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5'8

That is SO me, and I think, well this stuff is healthy... I have a HUGE problem with portion control. It is so weird though bc I am so into putting my calories into my fitness pal and staying under, but then all of a sudden something snaps and before I even know what I am doing I am eating like 3 servings of pretzels or something. I know I have a problem with it but I just don't know how to fix it... Bottom line- tomorrow is a new day and you are not the only person this happens to (is it strange I take comfort in the fact that it is not just me?)
Clairesse84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:28 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 170/149.6/115

Height: 5.0

I relate a lot with the feeling on being out of control. It has been happening more and more. I think that the most important thing is to stay the course and understand that even though we may fall down at times, if we can stand up again, just one more step forward is allowing us to move in the right direction.
Tee4Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 11:11 AM   #45  

What I usually do is before I go to the grocery, I eat healthy snacks in the car, or munch a baby carrot while grocery shopping. Sometimes if your stomach is empty, you can't control yourself to buy more food. I also avoid buying in bulk because i feel very guilty if I don't eat them all!
qualityinfo is offline   Reply With Quote