Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-05-2010, 06:38 AM   #1  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs up Binge-free challenge ~ Apr. 5 - 11

Hi everyone!! Welcome to the binge free challenge!! You can come in here and post your weekly successes and struggles and keep track of your binge free days. You can also vent about anything and everything you feel like getting out. We are here to share our feelings and to encourage and inspire each other. No negativity! We are strong chicks and I KNOW we all can do this!! And we don't have to do it alone, we have each other to get us through the rough times.

ALL chicks are welcome -- no one is excluded! If you are trying to lose weight, not trying, maintaining, recovering from an eating disorder, in the midst of one, or have ANY kind of problem with food, we would love to have you join us!!

Let's have an awesome week!!
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Hey all! Day 23 today. Yesterday was so-so. I ate too much (3 cookies and some candy) but it wasn't a binge and although I wanted to keep eating to make it a binge, I stopped myself. Sundays are so tough for me, especially when I don't have a plan--I had a food plan, but not a structure to the day. I need structure!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 315/284/onederland

Height: 5'6"

50!!!!
Blairsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 148.8/130.0/118

Height: 5'3.75"

Hey guys! I did a quick post on the last challenge for an update. Well I made it through the last challenge and I'm on day 16! Finally made it through 2 weeks. So here are my goals for this challenge....

1. make it through another week...get to day 20!
2. Continue to not eat out during the week.
3. Study really hard and do well on my Exam this Thursday..also finishing my program for Wed.
4. Stay within my calorie range.

That's is for now. I wish everyone luck for this challenge!

paris: I'm trying to catch up to you! your already on day 23 that so great!

blairsey: 50! that's amazing! Keep it up you can do it!

WardHog: Thanks again for another challenge...you've helped so many of us through this
jdonato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:28 AM   #5  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Day 14.
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:29 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 168/168/140

Height: 5' 3"

Hi all This is my first post on 3FC! I've been battling ED for about 15 years. Recently, I bought a couple of books about binge eating and I am trying to learn to control it through journaling, planning and talking with friends. I am considering today my first attempt at being binge-free.

I wanted to say congratulations to Blairsey on losing 50 lbs...that is truely AMAZING!

And to Paris, I know just what you mean about Sunday binging...it's always been my most challenging day. Way to go for 23 BF days!

And congrats to jdonato on 2 weeks!

I am taking this one day at a time, so to speak, but have the grand goal of making it the whole week without binging!
HettiePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:40 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

I'm on Day 12! And I just couldn't help myself, I hopped on the scale this morning just to see...and I'm down from my Thursday weigh-in! I guess I can still enjoy a holiday AND stay on plan. Amazing!

Welcome Hettie...and good luck on Day 1...you can do it!

Congrats on Day 16 jdonato...and Day 14 Bunneh!

paris...stopping is sometimes the hardest part, so you should feel proud of yourself

YAY 50! Way to go Blairsey!

Have a great week everyone!
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:52 AM   #8  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good Morning All,

Happy Monday and welcome to all the new folks.

I slipped up over the weekend so I will start at day 1 again today. I really should have come here to this site and I know I would have done much better. I have re-grouped and am fired up to have a great week. I've planned out my meals and I am going to stay away from sweets which seem to trigger binges for me. Junk food is my downfall and if I avoid it, I will be okay. This week, I'm trying to eat more whole foods. I've also been re-reading Dr Phil's 7 keys to weight loss freedom which always help me get control of overeating. I'm setting a goal to workout 5 days this week because exercise makes staying in control easier and I really enjoy doing it. I'm going to make it a full week of "no binging".

Hettiepie: I've also been doing some research on binge eating and they recommend journaling and having a support group. Today I am starting a journal of my feelings (when & why I want to eat) and you all are my support. I know we can be successful!

I hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by GettinFit; 04-05-2010 at 10:58 AM.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:13 AM   #9  

Hey everyone, I know I haven't been checking in but I'm proudly on Day 5 now. Night before last I really wanted to binge but I just distracted myself until I forgot the urge as best I could and went to bed. Hurray
Carmelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:52 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Hi Everyone!

I'm proud to say that I'm on day 56

We went out to brunch on Easter, we had a great time and I was totally within my calorie range. This is a huge deal. I love this support group!! Thank you.

Carmelle, congrats on day 5!

GettinFit, congrats on your new eating plan. I love your attitude! We are here to support you! You can do this.

Foxxy, congrats on your weight loss and being on day 12!

Hettie Pie, welcome! You'll love it here! Good luck to you. I know you can do it...one step at a time.

The Bunneh, congrats on day 14! Woo hoo!

jdonato, Day 16! Awesome! Thank you for always supporting all of us. You really help us know we're not alone. I really appreciate it. Good luck with your goals!

Blairsey, Day 50!!!!! Great job, especially with the Easter Holiday! Keep up the great work!

Paris, Day 23! Awesome! I know what you mean about structure. I need that, too, to make sure I stay disciplined. But you did great yesterday anyway!!

Wardhog, thank you for starting this challenge! It helps everybody!

Let's stay strong.

Tyla

Last edited by tyla; 04-05-2010 at 12:55 PM.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 06:03 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 148.8/130.0/118

Height: 5'3.75"

I'm right before my TOM and I'm starving! I've only had 1015calories of the day and I try and stay in between 1400 and 1600, so I know i'm more than good but it's what I'm craving. I want pop, and candy....uhhhh. I've gone over 2 weeks without pop(i normally drink diet) and try to reduce my caffiene intake...now I drink lite coffee(half reg and half decaf). I feel like if I give in a little then i'll just go crazy and keep eating.....It's school, i'm in class right now and very stressed out. It's 6pm and I have class until 9 tonight then I can go home and eat dinner. I'm not going to make it! I just want a diet pepsi or diet MD and snickers or m&m's......
jdonato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 06:37 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 173/136/125

Height: 4"11'

Today is day 10 for me and that's huge! I was away on vacation, so i didn't really watch what i ate. I did make healthy choices, but didn't keep myself to a specific calorie goal. But no binging....so YAY!

Tomorrow I will start back on an actual plan. I think it will be modified southbeach and weight watchers.
Maryjaneld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 08:13 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

jdonato - you can make it through... it is just a couple hours... stay strong!

day 100 for me!!! and with allll this easter junk around, it was a very tough weekend... overate at my parents yesterday... NO BINGING!!! yup... just earned day 100!!! been a year since i could say that!!!

lets rock this week ladies... we can do it!!!!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:59 PM   #14  

Height: 4'11"

day 6. Ate a lot of peanut butter yesterday... like a ridicules amount, like 3/4 of a jar... It began because my body was CRAVING fat. I had been skimping on fat this week... so it tasted soooo good, i was spooning it right out of the jar. i stopped without having a "binge" because i was mindfully eating it the whole time... i did eat too much, and I was really, really full... but I stopped without losing control. I was very very full but wasn't STUFFED. So, I am not counting it as a binge, because a binge is when I stuff anything/everything in my stomach and lose control completely. So I'm not proud of eating almost an entire jar of peanut butter. But it wasn't a binge if that makes sense..
SO I am giving myself day 6
ravensglen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:24 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 235/tracker/150

Height: 5.9

35 days without a binge!! What a great feeling!!
lukesmom is offline   Reply With Quote