Old 07-23-2004, 08:47 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Friday 7/23 Chat

It's Friday and I'm WAYYYYY behind this morning. Between waiting for the dog to come into the house from her outdoor morning trip and then cleaning the litter box (OMG they made a mess of that litter ALL over the place!! Smelly mess part of it was nasty too!!) took way too much of my morning routine time. So now I've got 4 minutes to gobble my breakfast. I really hate eating on the run!
*Note: Used Carbsense bake mix instead of Atkins bake mix for the "brownie" recipe on here. A little better--next time going to substitute the baking squares with something else and THEN it should taste pretty edible
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 09:22 AM   #2  
The Princess O' Pets

Good Morning gals,
B_ sounds like you are a busy gal today!! TGIF!!!!

Well I had the worst cavings yesterday and the most horrible headache, I did good all day long and then totally went off track, Not good but I am dusting myself off and trying again! I find after I have had a carb fest like I didi when I was on vacation I do better coming back if I wean myself off the carbs for a couple days and then jump in with 2 feet. So I wasn't too surprised about my little dinner fest last night. So today it is and I gotta get back to the gym too! Trying to get routine back for everyone after a week of vacation is hard.

TGIF everyone else!!! Have a GREAT day!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 10:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

Good morning.

Me too Brenda, I too hate eating on the run. Sometimes I think it takes me at least ½ hour to make something. Then just 2 minutes to eat it. I think if I eat more relaxed I can accept that that ½ hour work was worth it, LOL.

TG, I am like you too. I have to ease into things. Some people like to just have a clean slat, but the shock to my system just turns me off. You have a great weekend too.
rachelearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 11:05 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

Someone posted this link at lowcarbfriends.com and I thought it was a good read. Basically this guy states that you have to mentally prepare yourself to lose weight and see yourself succeeding in it then you will be on your way to lose weight with whatever plan you follow. I believe it is very true. Anyhow here is the link

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/GMA/H...rpt040414.html
rachelearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 11:47 AM   #5  

UGH!

Brenda - youneed oone of those litter boxes that automatically cleans it's self. They have them at WalMart for around $90. It's worth it.

TG -

Rachel - I love that site!

Well, not very energetic today. Seem to have the flu and been fighting it for the last couple of days. Heck of a way to drop a few pounds!
morti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 11:56 AM   #6  
Head Princess

That's all I have to say about that! I had to get espresso again this morning because my eyes won't stay open (my own damn fault, I know!). So I ordered 3 shots and the wonderful lady gave me 4 so I'll be back as soon as I finish my coffee and they peel me off the ceiling.
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 01:38 PM   #7  

Hi everyone

Brenda: Definitely get one of the self cleaning boxes. You could also get the kind that have the cover over them. At least that way they can't kick the litter all over the place.

TG: Coming off of a carb fest is hard, I know. I just helped myself to some baked chips at lunch and I know I will pay for that. I will have to be really strong the rest of the day.

Rachel: Good article...thanks for posting it.

Morti: I'm sorry you have the flu. Drink lots and lots of water....that helps. I used to manage a doctors office and every time she got sick I would make her cups and cups of tea or get her water and she would always get better within a day or so. She really believed in flushing it out.

Star, Star, Star.....what have you done now?
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 03:10 PM   #8  
Baby Steps

Gotta make this fast. Just got done scooping the CATS out of the litter box because Snafu stepped in her kitty poo. They were BOTH trying to go. Stupid me took them to the bathroom and had DD turn the water on. Jeter bit me--twice. So now youngest DD wants him gone. DH wants him gone. I'm kicking myself cuz it was my own fault. I mean come on---kitties and water? what was I thinking? So I washed it big time and put some antibiotic on it right away. I'll watch it for infection. I'd love to get a self-cleaning litter box but figure DH will somehow get rid of them before I can say "kitty litter." I guess in reality I'm not expecting them to be here long
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 03:24 PM   #9  
Head Princess

Brenda - I hope it works out with the kitties! DH is a bit allergic to cats so when we got ours as a kitten, I started giving him weekly baths. He kindof freaked the first time, but now he just sits there and glares at me
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote