Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2003, 06:59 PM   #16  
Each Bite of Sugar...

Karen,

I've seen them in QFC and Safeway... but they have a *very* limited selection of the SF varieties. Look in the coffee aisle... or if all else fails, take a trip to Georgetown and drop by their warehouse/factory.

You could also have them shipped directly to you - the website is easily found but I think it's davincigourmet.com.
Old 11-03-2003, 07:46 PM   #17  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Default Hi...can I join in??

I've been doing Atkins for about 4 weeks now and sticking to it pretty well (oh ok i've had a couple of bad days- but i'm trying real hard!! lol)
My DH has now seen my weight loss (11lbs) and has decided to join me, Our breakfast / dinner menu's are just fine, however, while i find it pretty easy to make lunch at home, he is finding it difficult to take food into the office. He's not a salady person what can he take into work for lunch - he likes his food so we need quantity as well as quality....any suggestions??

Janelle - I too found the no caffine rule the hardest - i love my coffee so stick to 2 small cups a day and it doesn't seem to be causing a problem.
Old 11-03-2003, 08:13 PM   #18  

Hi Again!
I really blew it over the weekend and had pretty much decided to give up the low carb diet and go back to counting calories but when I got to work this morning, I discovered two of my co workers are doing low carb. I decided I'd give it another try and today has went fairly well.
My main question tonight is what are "net carbs" and how are they figured? Does it have something to do with subtracting the protein from the carb?? I purchased the Atkins new diet book in paperback and I've read several chapters and have not come across this term yet but I've see it on labels for those snack bars, etc. This morning I ate one of those 40-30-30 balance bars (peanut butter) which I love before I decided to give Atkins another try. I'm sure this is not allowed in induction?? How about pork rinds, does anyone know if they are ok for induction or is EVERYTHING off limits unless it's listed?? Sorry for all the quesitons and ignorance on this topic. I am having to totally rethink everything I've ever believed about loosing weight!
My other "problem" with this is diet pepsi....don't know if I'm willing to give it up. Any opinions as to my success at weight loss while continuing to drink a couple cans a day??? I sort of feel like if I have to give up too much of what is "normal" for me, I won't stick with it. But if it will actually keep my body from using fat, then maybe I'll have to.
Anyway, thanks for all your help! I've enjoyed reading all your posts and I love this daily chat thread!
Michelle
Old 11-03-2003, 08:50 PM   #19  
reaching my goals

Karen, I get Hazelnut and vanilla at Wal-Mart Superstores. The Da Vinci site is www.davincigourmet.com.

Welcome Jennelle!
I haven't been off plan put haven't lost anything this week. I did do 15 minutes of bodyflex plus twice today. That is a big effort for me as I haaaaaaaatttttttttttttttttttte to exercise.

Gettineasy, I didn't have any sodas during the beginning of induction. I've been on induction since 24 June 03 but don't follow it quite as strictly now. I sometimes have nuts and seeds. I've also just started drinking Carb Countdown Dairy Beverage. I'm not sure how that will affect my loss. I was drinking diet sodas for awhile but pretty much only the ones without aspartame. My favorite diet drink is diet vanilla pepsi. It too has aspartame. Diet Rite is a better choice if you just can't live without diet sodas. I only occasionally drink them now. I'm finding that things that I craved in the beginning don't tempt me now. Be careful of the sf candies, meal bars and shakes. They caused me to stall. The trick is to find what's doable for you.

Last edited by supersized; 11-03-2003 at 09:02 PM.
Old 11-04-2003, 01:40 AM   #20  
Pure Energy

Hi Karen, Here is the website for the syrups and stuff. I searched around and they actually have the best prices on them too! Can't beat that. The only problem I can see is all the other tempting stuff they have. I'm avoiding anything like that because I just don't know if I could trust myself yet to stop at a proper serving. Just like with the Macadamia nuts. Much to my shame that has always been one of my downfalls. I would buy a jar of Mauna Loas and eat them all on a binge. Now it's okay to have some but I know eating a handful and stopping will be hard. I plan on premeasuring in baggies but we all know that the best of intentions didn't stop me from getting fat in the first place.
www.davincigourmet.com
Old 11-04-2003, 05:17 AM   #21  
thin within

jannelle, where in ms are you? my twin, supersized, and i are originally from there. we lived in houlka until our house burned in 81. we then lived in pascagoula until moving away to college. i attended william carey college in hattiesburg. she attended mississippi university for women in columbus. i would love to hear from you. good luck with this. i've lost 26 so far. dh has lost a little over 30. our younger sister has lost 71, but not sure whether she is still on it. gotta run for now.
Old 11-04-2003, 05:06 PM   #22  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

fullfig and supersized...I live on the other end of the state, in Southaven. I can practically spit and hit the Tennessee state line from my front yard.
Closed Thread