Old 10-03-2007, 05:25 AM   #1  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Default 30 SOmething Daily Chat: Wednesday October 3rd

Morning everyone.

Not much to say today. Slept a little better last night, but I'm still having a heck of a time trying to wake up. About 15 minutes until I get on the mill, so I'd better get my head about me by then - otherwise that could be painful.

I don't think I did too poorly yesterday - I think my eating is okay, did my 20 minute morning treadmill and my 45 min lunchtime walk. Did NOT get on the mill again in the evening as I had hoped. (I just can't motivate myself to do that. Yet.) We'll see how things look when I hop on the scale next week.

Still really apprehensive about all the "change" going on. Gotta make some decisions around those bathroom renovations and commit to them. Then I have an appointment with an optometrist tomorrow and I'm going to see about getting contacts. Now, this is borderline traumatic for me because I've had glasses for the past 26 years! However, enough people I've talked to say it's a life changing thing that I have at least got to look into it. It's still terrifying for me. *wants to hide*

No - I've never even remotely considered any sort of laser eye surgery. The whole idea that someone slices open or otherwise does nasty things to my eyeball *while I'm conscious* is something that makes me ill just thinking about it. I know a couple guys at work who've had it done, and they're happy with the results, but I can't imagine. *shudder* It'll have to be a whole lot different before I even consider it.

So, that's another day in my life. :| Keep smiling everyone and keep believing in yourself. (Don't worry, I'll completely forget my upbeat/motivational self when I'm blue again. ) 's all around and an extra special for Lauren and a to RR.

:Lawrence
Rooster.
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 06:16 AM   #2  

Just up and reading posts while I take my vitamins and water. I am sooo jealous that you got 3 glasses of wine, GG. I think Im going to splurge next week and bring home a really nice bottle.

Well, off to work out.
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 08:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

don't do it laurie- don't be bad like me lol. i really shouldn't have had those glasses. today is suppose to be my weigh in but i'm going to do it tomorrow since i know i'll be bloated from all the wine. I was such a bad girl and horrible influce. Also, btw...don't try to type while tipsy LOL

anyways...i have today off..i really havn't got much planned. Have to return something at REI so i'm just waiting for the crazy atlanta traffic to calm down and then head out. Other than that probably exercise some. I'm just trying to get motivated right now.

roo-good job on the working out...even if you haven't gotten the eve walk in...your still doing great!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Rooster-Dude ~ good to see that you're back in the saddle again. Strive for progress, not perfection. Keep up the good work ~ you're doin' great!

Laurie ~ you are so motivated these days ~ excellent feeling! Do you take your vitamins on an empty stomach? I'm curious... I have to take them with food or I'll get sick.

GG ~ hey, I love it when you're a bit tipsy. It's so cute as there are lots of LOL's all over the place:-).

I went out yesterday evening and got my walk in. Came back here and DH was cutting up some apples and cheese ... and had a bottle of white wine chilling. Oh man! Of course, I shared it all with him. At least I've showed resistance with the jar of Nutella that keeps looking me in the eye everytime I open the pantry door. That stuff is deadly.

Hanna (I'd feel guilty about McDonald's too ~ good work there). Can't resist the wine but I'd have to be really, really hungry to eat at McDonald's. Glad to hear that Sean is doing better these days. As Lisa said, try and not over extend yourself.

Michelle, Lauren, Lisa, KarenK, Kerry, Kerri, BJ, Sheila (I like the way that you think Girl:-), Pam, Lynne, Alicia (sorry to hear about DS. Glad that you went to check it out), Blue... and anyone else that I missed like MELINDA ~ have a great day all.
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:34 AM   #5  

nutella.................mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm that stuff is the devil in food clothing. I love that stuff. Joan sounded like it was a nice evening with dh. And yes i did put a few lol in last nights post...i should never type tipsy...but at least i don't make rude/mean comments..i'm just silly. I'm a fun drunk LOL. ok off to REI...talk to you guys laters (:
Old 10-03-2007, 09:45 AM   #6  

Has anyone else fallen in love with that song that is on the old navy commercial called "the Way I Am" by Ingrid Michaelson?
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 11:06 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Laurie ~ love that song! Gotta run get my exercise in before an appointment. BTW, Rooster-Dude ~ forgot to mention earlier that I'm going for a consultation today for Lasik. I am sooooooo scared but my sister just had it done and she is pushing me to do it. She says that it was a piece of cake and she's an even bigger pansy than I am ;-).
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 11:07 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/135

Hi, hope everyone is doing well...I am getting caught up with all the posts and trying to remember everyone!

Nutella...I can't have it in the house...It has some kind of mind control over me...It's yummy but evil...

Rooster - you sound like your doing GREAT! Getting 2 work-outs a day is awesome and you should give yourself a huge hug for that... As for the contacts, you are going to love them...My husband wears glasses and he loves his contacts...It's such a freedom for him...Change can be scary...

Laurie - You are doing great and seem so motivated...Way to go! Reading your October challenge posts are keeping me on target...

Joan - thanks for the kind words regarding my Dad...I am working very hard to keep it together, get him moved and keep from eating myself into oblivion! Glad you joined the challenge...We can always use a mini goals...

GG - I'm not a Gator but I am from Florida transplanted in Georgia...There seems to be a ton of us here! I love getting tipsy but YES would wait to step on the scale...Bloat and scale, never equals a good number...
babyweight07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 12:05 PM   #9  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All! Busy today...
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 01:32 PM   #10  

Height: 5'6

HI all!!

Laurie I love that song. DH said he saw her on TV the other night & she's pretty good.

Joan, good luck with your appt. I had lasik a year ago, great results. I too was afraid to have something cutting my eye, but it's so not like that. It's just like you're looking at lights, it's actually pretty cool. I'm sure your sister told you all about it. After 14 years of glasses & contacts, it is so freeing to wake up & be able to just see!!! Awesome.
I've never had nutella, and I guess I'm not going to try it after hearing how addictive it is!! It's bad enough having 84 candy bars in the house (did my Halloween shopping early, which probably wasn't a good idea cause DH has already eaten 10 of them in 3 days!! And he's in great shape...I hate him!)

Anyway, hope you all have a lovely rest of the day. Going to play UNO with my four year old!

P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 01:37 PM   #11  

babywt - where do you live in ga?

Joan - good luck on your apt. I don't have the money for lasix right now...but i sooo want it. My mom and a few friends had it done and love it.

i bought a new dvd today, so after lunch settles, i'll give t a go.

check back later
Old 10-03-2007, 02:33 PM   #12  
KAR

Hi all,
Have been very busy this week so far. Hoping that it slows down here soon. I miss chatting with you all. I have had a rough week so far. Monday and Tuesday were not good food days for me. Especially yesterday after my TOPS meeting. I gained 3.5 pounds last week. So I am really watching what I eat today and drinking more water. I want to get back on track and start losing again. Enough about me.
Roo glad that you have the motivation to get up and work out in the mornings. You will see great results I am sure.
Joan good luck with your appointment. I don't know if I could stand having some one cut on my eye to correct my vision.
Shelia, loved your comment on the batteries. You did give me the smile and laugh that I needed at the time. Hope things work out with dh and you.
Alicia sorry to hear about your son's leg. Hope it is healing. How was dh's interview?
Lisa enjoy your long weekend in Cleveland. You sure deserve it after all the long hours and craziness you have had to put up with.
Hanna glad that Sean is doing so well. Enjoy your day with your dh.
GG hope you enjoy your day off. So what dvd are you getting?
John how is your week going? Hope work is not that crazy for you.
MO hope all is going well for you. Here is a big hug.
Chirstina how was your orientation to your new job?
Michelle, glad to hear that things are going better for you. I think you can really drop the 20 pounds and look hot for when you see your dh at the end of Nov. Keep thinking positive thoughts. Sending hugs out to you.
Hi to everyone else. I have to go and get back to work. Well try to check back with you all later. If not, I will try to post something again tomorrow.
Later,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 03:14 PM   #13  

kar - hang in there and you can get those 3.5 lbs off in no time. the dvd i got was the Firm total fat burner. it was pretty good 45 min and definately a workout. i decided to start switching up my dvd's so i don't get too bored...i think my adhd kicks in after a while LOL
Old 10-03-2007, 03:46 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/135

Hi GG - I live in Atlanta near the Chattahooche running park near I-285...Do you know where that is?

I have such a hard time motivating myself to do DVDs...I wish I could! If I don't exercise directly after work, I will never do it...

Joan, yes good luck on your appointment...I haven't had Lasik but I have heard it is over in no time flat, sounds worse than it really is and will change your life FOREVER!!!!!

Last edited by babyweight07; 10-03-2007 at 03:53 PM.
babyweight07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 03:49 PM   #15  

i think so. i know there's a part of the chatahoochee river park near where i work (off Johnson's ferr) but there may be more. I'm still learning where everything is. I live in kennesaw, but work in marietta near johnson's ferry/roswell intersection. I live just up the road from you (well at least i'm a short trip w/o traffic to 285) in fact had to go down to 285 to exchange some stuff at rei today.