Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 08:04 PM   #16  
I KNOW I can!!

My dieting is basically twofold. I have been having bouts of hypoglycemia and need to lose weight so I figured Atkins would be ideal. I was on it years ago and lost 40 pounds.

Two years ago I did the lowfat no red meat and lost 60. I gained 15 back in that time and now need to rid myself of the rest. I'm anxious and scared at the same time. Willpower was never my forte'. LOL

Thanks for the welcome!
Old 10-27-2003, 11:28 PM   #17  
Movin' and Losin'

StarPrincess: First off, what a cute story of how you and your husband met! Secondly, I don't blame you for protecting your man from a bumping and grinding girl. And, I completely understand about how this situation didn't deal with insecurity...

Bandaid: Welcome, welcome!! Glad you joined us!

After my weigh-in tonight, I weight three pounds less than I did last week! YIPPEE!! So, for a three-week Atkins total, I've lost 11.5 pounds! I am so happy!! This never would have happened on a low-fat diet. I know. I tried for months and months and months, and I always stayed the same weight, and I was always starving! Hip, hip, hoooray for Atkins! I love it!!!! (OK. I think I'm a little too giddy about my loss... )

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Take care,
Jina
Old 10-28-2003, 11:10 AM   #18  
Head Princess

Bandaid - Welcome. This is a fun group with lots of good knowledge and great support.

Jina - Way to go!!! I'm so excited for you. Don't you just love those big drops? Woo hooo!

I think I'm finally through TOM so hopefully my weight loss will get moving again. In keeping with Froufy's advice of weaning yourself slowly off the splenda in the decaf, I decided to try weaning myself off the cream too. As of today, I am down to 2 packets of splenda in my 20 ounce drink and no cream at all! Thanks for the good advice, Froufy. Drinking 2 carbs is way better than drinking 6.

I am such a geek that I made a lovely chart of my weight loss. It shows how much I weighed each week. How much I've lost from week to week, the percentage of my starting weight that I've lost, forecasts for 2 and 3 pound per week losses and a compilation of losses by month. Like I said - I'm a geek. But I do have to say that it's great in that I can see in the chart how much I've lost even if I don't really see it in my body. I think it's kindof fun
Old 10-28-2003, 11:52 AM   #19  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

I have been remiss! WELCOME BANDAID!!!

SP.. I am a geek along with you.. I did the same thing, all in excel complete with bar and line graphs! LOL!
Old 10-28-2003, 11:56 AM   #20  
reaching my goals

Congrats Jina that is awesome! I get really excited too.

Welcome Bandaid! There really is a lot of information here. Everyone is really nice and helpful.

SP - that sounds like something I would do. I've just had too many other projects at home lately. The thing I liked about the slim-fast site was that you could input your weight weekly and it would graph it for you. It was very motivating.
Old 10-28-2003, 12:10 PM   #21  
Head Princess

The atkins site does the same thing for you as well as letting you keep a journal.
Old 10-28-2003, 12:21 PM   #22  
reaching my goals

Thanks SP. I'll check it out.
Closed Thread