Old 04-27-2004, 08:19 AM   #1  
Total Sass Bucket

Default The Combined Tuesday Chat Thread - April 27

Starting us off!
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 08:24 AM   #2  
Total Sass Bucket

Hi everyone!

Ok, let's see... where do I begin? I'm so ready to jump for joy that I have a chiropractor appointment tonight. It's my first time ever going but I've been in so much pain the last week I can't stand it anymore. Besides, it's making me a huge hag! So, I've got that immediately after work. It's going to end up being about a 45 minute drive and silly me forgot my insurance card at home so I'm probably going to be late since I only have an hour from the MOMENT school lets out til I have to be there. Oh well, such is life. After that I need to find a birthday gift for my great aunt, whom I have no idea what to buy. Ugh. But, while I'm at Target I'm going to apply for a part time job for the summer. No one around here seems to want me as a CNA (probably because they see I'm a teacher and will only be summer help) and so I've decided that, rather than not work at all, I'll put in my application at Target and a few other similar stores.... just not walmart.
This is my BF's last week of classes, next week he has exams. We keep saying that this next weekend will be the last weekend he has to leave me. I can't wait til he gets to move in!!! We still haven't heard back from his interview yet so please keep your fingers crossed!!!!

See you chickies later!
Old 04-27-2004, 08:30 AM   #3  

Hi Everyone,
I don't know, I guess it's the miserable weather or something, but I've just been so unmotivated to do anything. I had a ton of stuff I wanted to get done yesterday, and for a while I was doing good, but then I got an upsetting phone call from home and it completely inertiafied me. I spent the rest of the afternoon vegging. And snacking. Oy. It was nothing serious, just a couple cups of soymilk and some roast beef, but I try not to needlessly snack if it's not planned and I'm not hungry. Then, when I had finally started to get some work done again I got an e-mail that I had an extension on the paper I was writing (which I still need to get done by the original due date to stick to my schedule for the rest of my work) and used it as an excuse to stop working, and watch more T.V. Geez, I really hope today I can get my butt in gear because not only do I have a ton to do today, I have all the stuff I didn't do yesterday. Hope your days are all off to a pleasant start.
Abbie
Genghis Cohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 08:30 AM   #4  
Baby Steps

Oh this is confusing. 2 Tuesday threads.
Hi Shimma!!! Sounds like you've got everything planned out. What's wrong w/working at Wal-Mart? I've been debating whether I should put in for a job there.

The weather is warming up. I didn't get any exercise in yesterday. well, none I can claim on the trek I've got absolutely NOTHING to do at work today so I'll probably spend my day in the basement going through "the dead" files. Which are people that are no longer our clients. I go through and thin them out every couple years to make room for new ones. Well, it's been a while so...looks like now is as good a time as any. I took off work tomorrow cuz youngest DD's school sent me an invite for a "volunteer social". What is that you ask? I've no clue!!! It's the first time I've been invited (and probably the first time they've had it). I'm also going to the chiro after work. Dang neck and shoulders have a kink in them somewhere. He'll have to crack it and make me all better (for another month anyway).
So you all have a great day!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 08:32 AM   #5  
Baby Steps

Abbie-Hope your day goes better. Sorry about the bad news. Hope it's nothing serious. Doesn't sound like you were too off plan so just go on from there. Congrats on the extension (even if you don't want to use it)--that should help. Some days you've just got to sit back and kick your feet up!!
Old 04-27-2004, 08:50 AM   #6  

Good morning gals.

Well today is interview day. I am dressed to kill! HAHA....no suit, just black skirt and tan v-neck sweater with a belt over it. Look very professional! Everyone at my office will wonder what is up with that Although I am usually the only one who actually "dresses" for work around here!
I don't think this job is going to pan out for me though....I highly doubt it is going to pay the salary I am looking for....or for that matter what I am making now. But I will go and check it out...you never know.

Shimma: Good luck with the chiro tonight. How about applying at some really trendy stores so that when you get the discount you get to buy some really nice stuff? Could be fun

Brenda: Basement? well I guess that keeps you away from the boss at least. A "volunteer social" , sounds like you should be wearing a hat and gloves to attend Have fun.

Abbie: Isn't the weather driving you nuts around here! But it says it is going to get sunny later......maybe You take the extra time given you and work on that paper!!!!!

Well, I have an 8:30 install I am already late for
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 09:34 AM   #7  

Good Morning ladies

Shimma: Good Luck with the chiropractor. Hope you feel much better soon! Also, good luck with getting a part time job. I love Target. It's one of my favorite stores! Also, crossing my fingers for the boyfriend. Hope he hears something soon!

Brenda: Have fun in the basement. You'll do anything to get away from that boss won't ya? Hope the chiropractor has you feeling much better this afternoon! Have fun tomorrow at the "volunteer social" I'm with Jane on that one...does sound like you need to wear the hat and gloves!

Abbie: Hope that you feel better soon. And hope the weather gets better for you also!

Jane: Good Luck with the interview today. You never know...that job may pan out for you. I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!

Well, just another work day here. I stayed up way too late last night, and I am feeling it this morning! I am such a night owl. It's not unusual for me to stay up til 2 or 3am and still have to get up around 7. I have got to learn that I am not as young as I used to be and get my butt in bed Oh well, eating was not all that great yesterday, but wasn't too bad. Am hoping that today will be better. Havent' stepped on the scales in a few days, and so I think I am just gonna wait til the weekend to see any damage done! I am soooooo ready for the weekend to get here. We have to attend a surprise birthday party for one of hubby's co-workers on Saturday evening. And then Sunday our vacation starts. I am sooooo ready to get a way for a few days. My hubby fishes the whole time, so I get to get in some serious shopping!!!!!! Well, it seems that I have wrote a novel here. Hope everyone has a great day, and I'll check in this afternoon!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 10:08 AM   #8  
Movin' and Losin'

Hello, ladies!

Shimma: Target would be a fun store to work at it. Or Wal-Mart. Am I one of the only ones that actually loves Wal-Mart? I'm always tempted to just give up my real job, and go and work somewhere fun. Less stress, less responsibility, oh, and less of a paycheck, too, but I'm still tempted... By the way, how's the guinea pig? Figure anything out?

Brenda: Oooh. A day in the basement. Sounds like torture! An office I used to work in was in the basement of a building, and it was miserable.

Abbie: I know the unmotivated feeling. I've been having it a lot lately. Hopefully, we can both get something done today.

Jane: Good luck at the interview! If nothing else, you look good!

Lisa: I am a serious nightowl, too. I love staying up late, but I hate waking up.

I really need to write a couple of articles today, but I'm really not feeling like it. But, I haven't felt like it in a long time. I have a really hard time being motivated since I work out of my apartment. Oh, well. I still manage to get everything done -- even if it's a rush at the end, and no complaints yet, so that's always a bonus.

Have any of you tried Ziploc ice cream? Wow! So tasty! I had the recipe sitting around for a long time, and I finally tried it last night. It was delicious. I'm trying to remember if I got the recipe from someone here or another site. Anyway, you just shake some cream and SF syrup or vanilla extract and sweetner in a bag in another bag that has ice and salt. I was actually surprised at how good it was for how simple it was. Plus, I got a mini-workout in shaking the bag.

Well, I hope everyone has a fabulous Tuesday!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 10:18 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I just combined the two Tuesday threads.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 10:47 AM   #10  
Head Princess

Thanks, Ruth!!! How's VM going for you?

Shimma - fingers are still crossed

Abbie - I hope you get feeling better! I'm totally unmotivated but it's because our weather has be FABULOUS!!! It's hard to sit inside a grey cube and try to work with blue skies and 80 degrees outside

Brenda - Happy basement-ing!

Jane - good luck with the interview! I'm sure you'll knock 'em dead

Mrs H - ohhhhhhhhhhhhh I want to go on vacation! you have my jealousy

Jina - the ziploc ice cream sounds yummy! I wish I'd tried that instead of having a skinny cow ice cream bar last night - 9 grams, yikes!!!

Well, I managed to ride my bike in yet again today. It actually feels pretty good. It's nice and cool in the morning so I'm for more comfortable than in the afternoons. I'm being a very good girl this week: exercise, no coffee, no alcohol. The libra has swung to the other side!!!

Anyway, all is well and I'm feeling great! I'm even going to sleep at night for a change. Wa-hoo!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 10:59 AM   #11  
Total Sass Bucket

Hiya everyone!

This is the most insane week at work. I have primarily sophomores and juniors in my classes.... and the sophomores were gone yesterday and today and the juniors will be gone tomorow and thursday. Ugh. Completely frustrating.

Abbie: Get your butt in gear!!! Time off to watch TV is scheduled for January 2, 2008!!!!

Brenda: Any time anyone says basement, I think damp and full of spiders..... Hope that isn't the case!

Jane: I never thought about applying at some trendy stores.... I guess I figured I wouldn't fit into their clothes anyway so it would just be depressing.... but.... I guess I actually might fit into some of their clothes by the middle of summer.... Not a bad idea!!! Good luck at the interview. I'll keep another set of fingers crossed for you.

Lisa: My BF and I ADORE Target. If we don't have any money and want to just get out and do something, we'll go there and wander around the store for hours just looking at the stuff and goofing off. totally fun! Vacation sounds totally fun, I'm so jealous!!

Jina: I would never work at Walmart. I love to go there, I shop there all the time.... but everyone I know that has ever worked at a Walmart says they treat their employees like total crap. So, I'm not going to even check it out. It's my summer off, I don't need any stress. The guinea pig is baffling me.... towards the end of the afternoon yesterday.... it started to twitch it's hind legs but still wouldn't move it's feet (which are a disgusting shade of black). Today I came in and he was sitting up! I don't even know what to think.

Star: Sleeping nights is good for ya.... but then again.... so is NOT sleeping nights. I can't wait to get my bike back, I'm totally missing riding everywhere. I have a 25 mile trek into work that I love doing.
Old 04-27-2004, 11:01 AM   #12  

Shimma- I always have the biggest problems shopping for my Grandma since she has everything and if she does't she'll probably just buy it for herself. I usually go for either candy, or something small and extravagant like two-ply cable knit cashmere socks that are just too silly to buy for yourself. Good luck with the shopping. Also, I'm thinking of applying at Target for the summer as well. Best store ever.

Brenda- Have fun at the vounteer social. When my mom used to go to those they were a coffe-pastry-have a complamentarty potted plant/drink mug kind of thing for all the moms that helped out durring the year.

Jane- Good luck with the interview. You sound dressed to kill.

Mrs. H- You've sure got a fun weekend planned. I hope the week passes by speedily.

Jina- I made ziplock bag ice cream in a chem class once. My salt got into the ice cream and it was pretty vile. Best wishes being productive.

Star- Glad you're feeling so healthy and well rested. Now is there any chance you'd consider sharing some of that sun with the rest of the country?
Genghis Cohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 11:58 AM   #13  
Somethin's gotta give

Hi all!....Just another day in paradise eh?

Rhonda~ You're more motivated than I am girl...I always said if I ever had to work during the summer I'd stop teaching...I do the summer pay thing, but it sure makes it hard to go back in the fall...and all I teach is portraiture and journalism!

Abbie~ The weather is funky here also- but in a different way...predicted high here of 97 today...makes me feel worn out just breathing

Brenda~That "has to be done" stuff is always hard to get motivated on...but it sure makes you feel good when its finished huh

Jane~ Good luck with the interview...ask for a million five up front and let them think they haggled you down to what you really want!

Lisa~ I am SO that way...then, after I go to bed I spend the next 3 hours saying "If I go to sleep RIGHT NOW....I'll get 6 hours of sleep...If I go to sleep RIGHT NOW, I'll get 5 hours of sleep"

Jina~ When my b/f's not on the road he works out of our house...hey, are you wearing your pajamas right now too?

Star~ Exercise...no coffee...no alcohol?...let me feel your forehead...you may be delirious...Have you ever had malaria?

Well, I walked 2.5 miles last night and then forgot to set the clock for this mornings walk...made some mock danish last night from a recipe on another site...I may be in trouble. Hoping to be back in ketosis by this time tomorrow * fingers crossed*

Last edited by marie.; 04-27-2004 at 12:01 PM.
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 03:18 PM   #14  
Baby Steps

I've got to make this fast before it knocks me offline again. So once again no personals for me I never made it to the basement. The witch didn't make it into work (odd cuz the office is connected to HER house!! lol) until 10:30 and by that time I figured out what I could do to kill time. Yes, the basement is damp and full of spider webs (in the corners) so I try and avoid those parts. But yes, to get away from the wicked witch I'll take days of working in the basement! Once again DH got a blizzard and once again piggy me was eating it. 3 spoonfuls again. UGH! I've got to quit that. Add to that the zcarb bar and the atkins breakfast bar and there goes my weight loss for this week. Not sure what's gotten into me. So it's back to trying to get on track tomorrow. Hope you all are having a great day and sorry no personals (hopefully I quit getting bonked soon!)
Old 04-27-2004, 03:27 PM   #15  
Head Princess

Abbie - If it makes you feel any better, it's overcast and only in the 60's today

Marie - No malaria here! Just decided to take some detox time

Can I tell you guys how amazingly annoyed I am? One of my good friends happens to be a male co-worker. He's not talking to me today because it seems that some rumors have started about him and I. Really, who cares? I don't get why he's freaking out. There's nothing going on. He spends almost as much time hanging out with DH as with me and there's no rumors there. Argh! If I lose a friend because of some stupid rumor, I'm gonna be pissed!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote