DATE: 10/14/07

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Salsa Sarah/Sarah

BIRTHDAY: 4/11/85

MARITAL STATUS:in a relationship

FAMILY INFO: I have a great family

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Painting and singing

PETS: A cat in the house she loves me but I'm alergic to her

ATKINS START DATE:10/08/07

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE LOW CARB / ATKINS: I Had to try something and the great part was i could eat as much as I want though in the end you end up eating les cuse your not hungry. Its just great !!

TOP WEIGHT: 254

CURRENT WEIGHT: 246

GOAL WEIGHT: 170

HEIGHT: 5/6

EYE COLOR: green

HAIR COLOR: depends I color my hair but I'm naturaly a dark blond

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: CA

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: not letting myself cheet

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: This site and knowing that it will help my career

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I'm a pritty creative person who is very into art. I love being around people and just being ther to help a friend when thier down.

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: Well about 2 years ago I lost 50lbs on the low carb diet. It felt so good I know Ican do it agin
salsa sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 07:28 AM   #183  

S/C/G: 185/185/130

Height: 5'3"

DATE: 11/01/07

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Ravenmist76/Danielle

BIRTHDAY: 7/16/76

MARITAL STATUS:married for 11 years

FAMILY INFO: I have 2 sons ages 10 and 6

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: horseback riding/reading/video games with hubby

PETS: 1cat,1 dog, 1 horse

ATKINS START DATE:10/26/07

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE LOW CARB / ATKINS: Ihad a great deal of success with it in the past. Unfortunately due to a death in the family I let my depression take hold of me and gained weight back(comfort eating)

TOP WEIGHT: 190

CURRENT WEIGHT: 185

GOAL WEIGHT: 130

HEIGHT: 5'3"

EYE COLOR: green

HAIR COLOR: brunette

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: PA

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: motivation to excercise. After taking care of others all day I feel mentally and physically exhausted.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have lived and learned and know that I carry the means within myself to be sucessful

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I am the type of person who doesnt usually rely on anyone for anything. It took a lot for me to actually realize that this type of support community would be great for me. It's what I need, especially when my friends are so anti atkins and have the low-carb-is -the-devil- mentality.

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: No matter what happens in life, you must remember to take care of yourself, its the most important thing. It was hard for me to overcome my depression and realize that during that time I had lost all of my good habits. Now I can look ahead and start over and take solice in knowing that sooner is better than later.
ravenmist76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 07:37 PM   #184  
New

S/C/G: 250/250/180

DATE: Novemeber 16, 2007

USERNAME/REAL NAME: CLCmom/Bonnie

BIRTHDAY: July 11

MARITAL STATUS: Married

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.):
I have a wonderful baby boy Carson- he is 17 months today, I have been officially married for 5months to my husband Carl

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I like crafts - scrapbooking, and I LOVE cooking

PETS: None

ATKINS START DATE: 2nd time - Nov 15th

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE LOW CARB / ATKINS: I did it about four years ago and I did really well on it. I am deffinitly a carb o holic and it worked so great for me then

TOP WEIGHT: 253

CURRENT WEIGHT: 250

GOAL WEIGHT: 180 (for now)

HEIGHT: 6 foot

EYE COLOR: Green/Hazel

HAIR COLOR: Brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Idaho

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I love pasta and cream sauce

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: my motivation for doing it this time is very differant - It is about me

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I am also a fulltime student getting my Masters in Adult and Organizational learning
CLCmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 12:58 AM   #185  

DATE: December 11, 2007

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Koren Michelle/Koren Michelle

BIRTHDAY: June 17

MARITAL STATUS: LTR

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): I'm very close to my family. My parents are divorced, my dad is single and my mom is in a LTR with her girlfriend who I consider my second mom. I have a biological brother and sister and a step brother and sister. I do not have any children yet but I'm in an amazing LTR with the most wonderful man in the world.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I am an avid writer, I love fashion, beauty, gossip, music, etc.

PETS: A fat sausage of a dog who I adore, Franklyn

ATKINS START DATE: I started low carb dieting in 2000 and that is w how I lost almost 200 lbs

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE LOW CARB / ATKINS: It was the only diet on which I saw real results.

TOP WEIGHT: 293

CURRENT WEIGHT: Usually between 113-120

GOAL WEIGHT: It was 150

HEIGHT: 5'3"

EYE COLOR: Brown, but I fake green eyes and fabulously!

HAIR COLOR: Black

OCCUPATION: Full time college student, going on to grad school and part-time employee at a non-profit clinic serving children who do not have medical insurance

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: LA, California

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I'm grew up on an extremely unhealthy Carribean diet, I love fried food and sugar. My weekness is cocktails.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I decided I needed to finally lose weight when driving back to my house from Burger King when a group of boys shouted to me at a stoplight that they hoped my car had good shocks >=(

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I would love to offer advice/support to anyone going through the process of losing weight!
Koren Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 08:56 AM   #186  

S/C/G: 225

Height: 5'8

Wink Hey everyone...

DATE: 12/17/2007

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Brit

BIRTHDAY: 07/10/1970

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.):

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Anything outdoors (of course that was when i was thin not HUge like now.)

PETS: 2 of the best Kitties in the world

ATKINS START DATE: 12/17/2007

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE LOW CARB / ATKINS: I was on atkins in 03 and loved it...just fell off the wagon for a bit

TOP WEIGHT: 230

CURRENT WEIGHT: 225

GOAL WEIGHT: 150

HEIGHT: 5'8

EYE COLOR: Hazel

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: AZ

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: motivation and sticking to it

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I can't stand looking at myself

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I am here and can't wait to get to know everyone

harleychick04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 11:21 PM   #187  
low carbin' it

S/C/G: ~256/153.5/154

Height: 5'6

DATE: 12/20/07

USERNAME/REAL NAME: bluex

BIRTHDAY: December

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): I live on opposite coasts from my entire family.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: computers, internet, languages, dieting, low carb, auto racing

PETS: none

ATKINS START DATE: 3/2006 I don't do atkins, I do my own brand of low carb as first suggested by Kaiser.

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE LOW CARB / ATKINS: Low Carb was chosen for me by Kaiser when I was diagnosed with Diabetes. Kaiser's nutrition classes recommended a low carb approach. I followed Jennifer's advice on the internet. Basically, I didn't eat anything that raised my blood sugar above 140 at 1 hour after eating.

TOP WEIGHT: At least 256. I am not sure cause I didn't weigh myself for a long time. I know at one point I was heavier cause I lost a little weight the summer of 2005 by walking a lot.

CURRENT WEIGHT: 161

GOAL WEIGHT: 154

HEIGHT: 5'6

EYE COLOR: Brown

HAIR COLOR: Dark brown with lots of highlights.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Los Angeles, California

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Well my whole life it was overeating and gorging on carbs. I now fight portion size in the allowed foods.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I haven't been unsuccessful with low carb at all. I am joining this forum now to fight a stall again. I find it really hard when I hit a stall and I am trying to find ways of becoming unstuck. Or maybe I have reached my goal weight and I just don't know it.

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: You can lose weight, you just have to stick to a plan for a while... and think of it as a lifestyle change. You can never go back to the way you ate. I never thought I would but I found the side effects of diabetes (blindness, organ failure, amputation) to be really motivating. I remind myself of those things whenever I want just one chip.

Last edited by bluex; 01-05-2008 at 11:23 PM.
bluex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 01:36 PM   #188  

TODAY'S DATE: January 3, 2008

USERNAME/REAL NAME: JerseyGirl1969

BIRTHDAY: August 27

MARITAL STATUS: SINGLE AND LOOKING

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): I'm very close to my mom, my dad passed away when I was 22, my brother and I get along adequately ; /

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I am a professional writer, marketing executive, former college professor, closet singer, and now am thinking of studying personal training (with no intent to use it but for myself)

PETS: A pudgy pug, Mickey

LOW CARB START DATE: I've low carbed off and on since the mid 90s and am now accepting that it's what works for me and learning why. I don't do Atkins, I just don't eat any breads/rice/potatoes/pastas, etc...except on special occasions. As much as I know their are good choices in those starches, they don't work for me. I've done diets and counted calories and still couldn't lose weight. I've even fasted and not lost weight! I've learned that with low carb, I don't even have to count calories (though I do watch my intake) or really monitor my foods closely. By knowing it's all about protein, fats, fruits, and veggies, I know what I have to do and can be "liberal" with it. I've been training for 6 months and we've played with my intake a lot and I now can see--low carb does it for me. Period. End of sentence. So for 2008 I have committed to it without exception.

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE LOW CARB / ATKINS: It is the only way I lose weight. When I started at the gym at 320, eating 1000 calories I learned how to repair my metabolism with food. We've played with my intake and even 1500 calories of healthy options didn't do it, but 1700-2300 of low carb does....

TOP WEIGHT: 335 (2001?)...got to 269, but gained back to 320...which is when I started training (7/17/07)

CURRENT WEIGHT: 292 and losing

GOAL WEIGHT: 140

HEIGHT: 5'6"

EYE COLOR: My best feature--green

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: NJ

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I love food that tastes good (sweet, chewy, etc.), so I can really over do carbs. But going low carb has nixed my sweet tooth and desire for starchy foods.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I feel I have no choice. I want health, marriage, and kids...and am running out of time. I want to up my odds, if I can.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I am one determined woman!

Last edited by JerseyGirl69; 01-03-2008 at 01:40 PM.
JerseyGirl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 04:27 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 203/157/125

Height: 5'4"

DATE: January 5, 2008
USERNAME: Sylvia78
BIRTHDAY: July 4th
FAMILY INFO: 1 wonderful-supportive husband; 2 great kids
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: knitting & reading
PETS: None at the moment

ATKINS START DATE: 1st time April 15, 2004 / several restarts after that / most recent = May 16, 2007 / I'm restaring today = January 5, 2008

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE LOW CARB / ATKINS: I did research on the theory behind Atkins. I read everything that I could for a month before starting the program. I realized early on that, since my pregnancies, I have a serious problem controling my bread portions.

TOP WEIGHT: 195
CURRENT WEIGHT: 172
GOAL WEIGHT: 125
HEIGHT: 5'4"
EYE COLOR: brown
HAIR COLOR: brown
GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Los Angeles (Hollywood, baby!)

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: The feeling of deprevation and being an emotional eater is not helping.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I don't really know. I am starting again and I hope to do better.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I have never lost weight by working out. What and how much I eat has always had more affect and effect on my weight. I am looking for a support system that will understand that I am a person and sometimes I make the wrong choice but everyday is a new day and I can make a better choice today.

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: The first time I did Atkins I was strict about it but I found myself always wanting bread. Anytime I was hungry I ate meat but that was not satisfying. After restarting about five times within one year, I just stopped all together. I gained everything back. Last year I found some information that really helped me understand what problem I was having strictly following Atkins. I started low-carb again but a very modified Atkins. This time I focused on getting 35 grams of carbs, not counting fiber, a day, and limiting my meats and low-carb diet products. This allowed for a lot more vegetables than Atkins allows for during Induction [2 cups of salad & 1 cup of other veggies] and lost 40 pounds within 4 months. I never even wanted bread. I had a setback in October and am just now recovering.
sylvia78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:11 AM   #190  
CINCIGIRL

S/C/G: 220/220/140

Koren-
You are a great inspiration! If only those boys could see you now!!
CINCIGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:17 PM   #191  
Somethin's gotta give

DATE: 10/15/07

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Marie/Marie

BIRTHDAY: 1/24

MARITAL STATUS:Married to a country boy.

FAMILY INFO: I have a great family

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I collect Victorian mourning items and polychrome teal delft.

PETS: 3 smelly cats
ATKINS START DATE:currently Jan 14 2008
WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE LOW CARB / ATKINS:I've done them all and each one had something that made me stop or fall off the wagon. Of all the plans I've looked at, this one seems to have the most positive qualities
TOP WEIGHT: 212

CURRENT WEIGHT: Im not weighing but I'm going with about 205

GOAL WEIGHT: around 160
HEIGHT: 5/9

EYE COLOR:Brown
HAIR COLOR: Blonde/dark brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: CA

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Not staying foused and thinking that when I lose weight Im a "skinny person" which causes me to backslide

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: The fact that I have to avert my eyes from mirrors these days

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? My house is haunted (lol-its true!)

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: I never had trouble losing weight if I wanted until the dreaded 40's hit me...lose it while its easy girls!

Last edited by marie.; 01-15-2008 at 12:18 PM.
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:46 PM   #192  
jlkeahi

DATE: 01/16/2008

USERNAME/REAL NAME: jlkeahi/rosie

BIRTHDAY: 07/29/1987

MARITAL STATUS: single

FAMILY INFO: No bf/hubby, no kids.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: playing video games/watching "reality" tv

PETS: 3 kitties

ATKINS START DATE: lol. i havent started yet, but plan to on 01/21/2008

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE LOW CARB / ATKINS: i had the book, read it, and it appealed to me

TOP WEIGHT: 300

CURRENT WEIGHT: havent weighed myself since i saw the 300 on the scale.

GOAL WEIGHT: 150

HEIGHT: 5'5

EYE COLOR: drk. brown

HAIR COLOR: drk. brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: nevada

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: motivation and sticking to it

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: i think about my future, and i want to actually be there to live it

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? im crazy silly! i love to joke around....alot!
Old 01-18-2008, 07:00 AM   #193  
Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Broadabroad/Fay

BIRTHDAY: August 20th 1973

MARITAL STATUS: Single like a single thing from the planet of the single people. And, since I'm a fat white chick in Bangkok, that's not likely to be changing any time soon. (In Bangkok, size 12 is fat. Oh, joy.)

FAMILY INFO:....er, no kids. That's what you mean, right?

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, writing, acting, singing, drawing, painting, travelling...

PETS: The Cat Daniel, who I picked up in a moment of idiotic weakness out of the gutter in an oasis in the Sahara (no, really) when he was a filthy and truly pitiful little scrap of kittenhood. Now he's 4 1/2 years old, and he's moved to Bangkok with me.

ATKINS START DATE:14th January 2008

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE LOW CARB / ATKINS: Read Gary Taubes' fascinating book 'Good Calories, Bad Calories', which was recommended to me by a friend. It was an eye-opener. As to why I'm wanting to lose weight - well, obviously there's the unhappiness with my appearance and the physical discomfort and all that, but recent catalysts include seeing an actress being interviewed on telly when I was home in the UK over the Christmas holidays), who had lost 12 stone (168lb) over 2 years. And then there was the sheer loveliness of finding that I couldn't fasten my seatbelt on the flight back to Bangkok this time. Nice. I have had enough of this crap. Time to do something about it.

TOP WEIGHT: 240lb? Not entirely sure, actually. Around that, anyway - I don't think I'm QUITE at my all-time fattest, but not far off.

CURRENT WEIGHT: 236lb

GOAL WEIGHT: 140lb. (I mean, sure, yes, less would be lovely - but if I can scrape into the healthy BMI range, that would be fanbloodytastic.)

HEIGHT: 5/3

EYE COLOR: blue. Although subject to change without notice, thanks to my various coloured contact lenses. (I think I like purple best, although honey is pretty fabulous too. I really want turquoise.)

HAIR COLOR: blonde.

OCCUPATION: Primary teacher in a British-curriculum school in Bangkok.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Thailand.

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: not getting disheartened. Staying motivated. Keeping that self-belief going.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have a better plan, I think. Plus, there's a gym in my building, and a pool, for Pete's sakes - I have NO EXCUSE for not exercising. None.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? Um. I'm a big sci-fi geek? And I'm bisexual?

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: In the light of my previous answer I'm tempted to say something like 'cunnilingus while dressed as Captain Kirk', but since you don't know me from Adam you might take it serioiusly. And of course I might offend someone. Um. So - well, I successfully lost a couple of stones (30lb or so) a few years ago, when I was following the WeightWatchers plan and exercising regularly. So I know that I CAN do it. I just need to have a plan, stick to it and not let my routines get screwed up.
broadabroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:19 PM   #194  
Somethin's gotta give

"WHILE dressed as Captain Kirk??????" We simply Cannot ABIDE this behavior Fay!
-
-
-
Everyone knows 7 of 9 is WAY sexier
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 01:46 AM   #195  
Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

Marie, you are absolutely right!
broadabroad is offline   Reply With Quote