Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 02:26 PM   #766  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'3

Default Am new to calorie counting..and am loving it!!

Screen Name: Cape Breton Chick

Age/Age Range: 31 (32 in Nov.)

Family Life: not married, no kids..

Occupation: Assistant Director / Preschool Teacher at local daycare

Hobbies and Interests: reading, my 2 cats..lol, cooking, bouncing the net... etc. etc. ...

Favorite Music: There is not much for music I do not like ..but favorite genres are Christian Contemporary, Country, Top 40, Classic Rock..list goes on n on.. lol

Favorite Color(s):
Blues, Greens, Brown, Purple..

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Running, Turbo Jam and 30 Day Shred

What are your fitness/health goals? to weigh a healthy weight for my 5'3 frame..(130-125), to be able to run 5k again.. to walk up the hill at work without getting out of breath..

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I have always been "trying" but I guess..not really cause I haven't been this motivated or determined or on track in years.. lol always thought I used to run 5K every night and when I have time it won't be hard.. what planet was I livin on? lol So I guess when I started having to buy 1 and 2x sized clothing and I got on the scale and it read 217..that hurt..and in the last 3 weeks since I have started I have gotten very real about where I truly am at..

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Gettin' out there to exercise

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?

1. Getting up and getting out there to exercise .. no excuses!
2. Need to work more fruits n veggies into daily count
3. Need to keep up with drinking my 8 glasses of water a day

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : There is no one I want to look BETTER than.. but I do want to look like me again!!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Nothing specifically.. but cute jeans and tops.. to be a size 8 would be awesome! lol 6 even better o and yea.. definately want to be wearing a cute two piece swim suit next summer and definately a smaller bra!! lol

Last edited by Cape Breton Chick; 09-03-2009 at 02:40 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:19 PM   #767  

Height: 5' 3"

Screen Name:myself1stnow

Age/Age Range:43

Family Life: Husband, 2 daughters 25 & 21, Son 14 and 4 dogs

Hobbies and Interests:Reading

Favorite Music:Country and some gospel.

Favorite Color(s):Blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking and bike riding.

What are your fitness/health goals? To exercise more and maintain a healthy weight.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I have gained 26 lbs since May 2009 and I ripped a pair of new pants right down the seam.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Exercising and wanting to eat.

Exercise consistently, healthier food choices, & late night snacking.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? :Myself at 230lbs

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?
My size 10 jeans that has been hanging in my closet for almost 2 years.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:20 PM   #768  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/154("Normal" BMI)

Height: 5'6"

Default New to 3FC.....

Screen Name: KDM322

Age/Age Range: 27

Family Life: Married since 12/2006, no kids only 2 furbabies

Hobbies and Interests:Reading Vampire novels...sorry, Twilight got me hooked

Favorite Music: Anything really

Favorite Color(s): HOT PINK

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: 10 Minute Trainer, Treadmill

What are your fitness/health goals? I would love to be able to run an entire mile. Right now, I can jog for 5minutes at a time at about 4mph...not good, I know, but I guess it's better than when I started doing the treadmill regularly.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My work uniform was getting to the point where the pants actually caused pain in my abdomen. I got on the scale was at my heaviest EVER...10lbs more than when I was at my previous heaviest back in 2004.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Staying motivated and on track!

1. Measuring every thing!
2. Exercising regularly.
3. Counting the calories when I have an alcoholic drink (it's rare that I drink, but when I do, I don't figure up the calories. AND then I tend to want fried, greasy foods!)

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? My best friend.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? ANYHING IN A SIZE 12!!! A nice pair of jeans, little black dress, or even a nice tankini!!!
Old 09-09-2009, 03:57 PM   #769  
MaryB

S/C/G: 200/200/155

Height: 5'9"

Screen Name: wantobefitte

Age/Age Range: 44

Family Life: Married - one daughter-8yrs

Hobbies and Interests: Sailing, gardening, hanging with DD, my pets, reading, camping, fishing

Favorite Music: Folk, some bluegrass, some jazz, Delbert McClinton, Bonnie Raitt, Keb Mo, Chris Smither type stuff

Favorite Color(s): Blue, purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking, hiking, cross-country skiing

What are your fitness/health goals? To get back to a decent weight; be able to run around with daughter and keep up with her sports.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Seeing pictures and realizing that I had WAY to many excuses since my back went out.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Making time to exercise. I used to love it, but now it's such a chore.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Calorie counting, making sure to get in exercise every day, staying away from the booze.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My current self!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Low waist jeans.

Last edited by wanttobefitte; 09-09-2009 at 03:58 PM. Reason: type - o
Old 09-10-2009, 12:52 AM   #770  

S/C/G: 206/206/165

Height: 5foot 8inches

Screen Name:

Age/Age Range: 40 something

Family Life: married 4 children all grown

Hobbies and Interests: Photography, Travel, Concerts

Favorite Music: Rock

Favorite Color(s):Green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Swimming

What are your fitness/health goals? Lose 45 lbs in 1 year.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My son is getting married and I want to look good.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Exercise and late night munchies.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? committment, drinking water,exercising
(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : ?

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? tight jeans and halter top
Old 09-13-2009, 08:37 PM   #771  
keep on truckin' momma

S/C/G: 278/255/170

Height: 5'2

Smile

Screen Name: misspriss78. My nick name as a child was 'misspriss' i was born in 78

Age/Age Range: 30

Family Life: Happily Married w/2 healthy childeren. Married 9yrs now.

Hobbies and Interests: fitness, reading, hiking, tennis, gardening, watching movies

Favorite Music: classic rock, country, 80's & 90's music...

Favorite Color(s): Blue, lavender

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Running, Weight lifting, powerwalking, step aerobics, hiking, tennis, spinning

What are your fitness/health goals? To get toned and reach a healthy BMI. Right now my goal is to lose 20lbs...after that will see?

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? While i was pregnate with my son, I had Gestantional Diabetes & I had to give myself insulin shots. My doctor told me that if i didn't get to a healthy wieght i would end up with diabetes. And seeing pictures of how heavy i was didn't help

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Staying consistant with my eating....

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Staying consistant with healthy eating, staying focused on my calories for the day

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My current self!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A tank top with a smaller size jeans(with no muffin top)

Old 09-19-2009, 11:24 AM   #772  
~*Calorie Counter*~

S/C/G: 387.2/TICKER/<250

Height: 5'4"

Talking

Screen Name: EarthyWitch13

Age/Age Range: 20's

Family Life: Hubby of 5 1/2 years. 1 cat and 1 dog, too.

Hobbies and Interests: Spending time with my hubby and pets, photography, watching movies, writing, enjoying nature.

Favorite Music: I love Rock, Pop, Alternative, Classical, and much more. Some favorites are AC/DC, The Cult, 3 Days Grace, Britney Spears, Paramore, The Veronicas, and Metallica. It changes weekly.

Favorite Color(s): Black, purple, pink, blue, green, red, orange.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Swimming! But I never get to, so I try to take walks.

What are your fitness/health goals? Well, I have many. To be healthy first and foremost, as well as to reach the 190's (nearly a 200lbs loss), and be able to wear jeans that start with 1, not a 2 or 3!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Simple day to day things were getting difficult for me to do.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Not going overboard once I "treat" myself. The downward spiral is a fast one for me. As well as having a lot of back pain and finding it difficult to walk enough for exercise.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? 1) Getting in more exercise. 2) Bouncing back to healthy foods quicker after treating myself to a craving. 3) Portion control.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My current self! (Or, being honest, my sister, lol, who is about 150lbs less than me. But I am doing this for NOBODY but myself.)

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Regular jeans that are a size that starts with a 1. A cute thigh-high dress. And some high-heel boots!

Last edited by EarthyWitch13; 09-19-2009 at 11:26 AM.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:57 AM   #773  

S/C/G: 165/---/148

Screen Name: loquaciousjogger

Age/Age Range: 18

Family Life: nonexistant... single & dorming at college.

Hobbies and Interests: friends, reading, jogging, losing weight, dancing, partying

Favorite Music: The Killers (great for parties, jogging and just general listening!)

Favorite Color(s): Red.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Jogging, Elliptical, Walking

What are your fitness/health goals? Eventually be able to run a marathon.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Ballooning out to my maximum weight, looking in the mirror and realizing that I couldn't stay like this.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? My hunger and self-control.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Control, Portion Sizes, Timing.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? Those gorgeous girls you see dressed grungy --but pull it off because their bodies are so fit.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Miniskirt/boots.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:03 PM   #774  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Screen Name: Sunnigummi

Age/Age Range: 27

Family Life: married, won't think about kids for another 2 years

Hobbies and Interests: cooking, gardening, hiking and hanging out with friends

Favorite Music: I'm still hooked on radio music. pop/rock, some R n' B...

Favorite Color(s): Green, red, gold

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking, some jogging (depends on my mood)

What are your fitness/health goals? To look toned, especially my legs and arms.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? No special epiphany, just started working out with hubby and noticing a slight weight loss that motivated me to try calorie counting. The rest is history!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Exercise. I need to be injected with motivation. :P

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Doing the darn thing! For once, I'm happy with my food intake. I haven't banned any foods, and I've managed to be aware of portion sizes so far. I'm just really lazy with exercise...

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? Some people I know who try to rub it in my face that they're skinny and "hot".

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Skirts! Dresses and shorts are a close second.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:01 AM   #775  

S/C/G: 170/170/120

Height: 5'6"

Default excited to get started!

Screen Name: Bumbleebee 82

Age/Age Range:26

Family Life: I live with my boyfriend and 2 cats.

Hobbies and Interests:Reading, watching movies, spending time with family/friends, and being up North

Favorite Music: Classic rock

Favorite Color(s): Purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking

What are your fitness/health goals? To lose around 50 pounds, have more confidence, love my body, and be healthier overall.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I lost around 40 pounds last year on weight watchers. I felt awesome but never made it to my 'goal' weight. I eventually got discouraged and the weight slowly started to pile back on. I am now back to my starting weight (pre-weight watchers) and have decided that it's time to do something about it. I want the weight off once and for good. It affects many aspects of my life (including happiness in general) and I am ready to make a change in the right direction.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I love all the wrong foods; chips, chocolate, french fries, etc etc. I feel that I am currently addicted to most of them and need to break this addiction and adapt into a healthy lifestyle.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Cut out bad/trigger foods, make better food choices, and begin excercising.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My current self

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? My Seven jeans that I bought a couple years ago and have never been able to wear (comfortably)
Old 09-29-2009, 07:53 AM   #776  

S/C/G: SW269/CW259.8/GW150

Screen Name: Iluvfall

Age/Age Range: 38

Family Life: Single, I have no one attached to me

Hobbies and Interests: reading, spending time with family and friends, reality tv junkie!

Favorite Music: Rock, some country

Favorite Color(s): Grey, yellow

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Strength Training, walking

What are your fitness/health goals? To reach under 200 pounds, to just feel healthy and better about myself

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? When I gained back 50 pounds out of 60 pounds I had lost!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Eating habits, once I get off track its hard for me to get back on track. I need to believe in myself more.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? To learn moderation when I do treat myself. To stop making up excuses on why I can't exercise after work.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Myself and what I look like at this moment! Take that old self!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A shirt that actually fits me, I am top heavy and its hard to find shirts that look nice on me.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:34 AM   #777  

S/C/G: 206.2/201/145

Height: 5.875

Default Hi!

I'm slowly moving toward the world of calorie counting and thought I would introduce myself.

Screen Name: Buttercup73

Age/Age Range: I'm officially on the down slope to 40.

Family Life: Happily shacked up with three furkids - two dogs and the world's greatest (and craziest) cat.

Lawyer

Hobbies and Interests: Buying cookbooks and kitchenware, reading, knitting, hanging out with my beasts, movies/TV, obsessing over weight loss and fitness.

Favorite Music: Bad 80s. Plus a recent obsession with Taylor Swift - I think she speaks to my inner adolescent.

Favorite Color(s):
Most of the blues and greens.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Aqua Fit, yoga, walking with my pups.

What are your fitness/health goals:
Weight of 145 pounds with 20% body fat; meet the Army physical fitness standards for my age group (15 push-ups, 42 sit-ups, 2 mile run in under 21:42). I'm not military - it just seems like a good measure of fitness.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? So many...
(1) cleaning out my closet and facing the fact that most of my "fat" clothes don't fit;
(2) finding 10 years worth of journals where I complained about my weight and made detailed plans to do something about it and realizing that each new journal had a higher starting weight;
(3) avoiding a zip-line tour of the rain forests on my last vacation because I was afraid the harness wouldn't fit around my thighs;
(4) turning down a horseback riding trip because I didn't want to admit that I was over the weight limit;
(5) just tired of feeling tired and fat and gross all of the time. I'm tall but tiny-framed and 200 pounds plus is way too much for me. Both of my achilles tendons are shot and my knees are starting to ache. I need to fix me now!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Understanding that treats are OK in moderation but that moderation does not mean that you can have seven treats a day, every day; not making over-the-top (albeit admirable) plans for exercise and diet that I cannot possibly sustain.

(1) consistency in both healthy eating and exercise.
(2) more fruits and vegetables.
(3) less sugar.

(Evil motivation) Who do you want to look better than? Myself at 21. I was so hot and I didn't even know it. Plus whichever skinny blonde colleague is annoying me at the moment.

(1) My skinny man's 32 inch jeans - I don't want to wear them - I just want proof that I'm smaller than him.
(2) A kick-butt lawyer suit. Black. Maybe Armani. I just want to walk into court feeling like I own the place and will save for as long as it takes.
(3) Skinny jeans that clearly demonstrate the gap between my thighs.
(4) Tall boots with a skirt.
(5) Bras and panties that don't look like they belong to a granny.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:27 AM   #778  
A New Woman

S/C/G: 330/ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Screen Name: HeyHeyGabby

Age/Age Range: just turned 18

Family Life: I live with both my parents and my brother

Hobbies and Interests: Music, friends, singing, and prayer lately

Favorite Music: Fair to Midland and Muse are my favorites

Favorite Color(s): Green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: walking on the treadmill while blasting music

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to be the kind of person that 'has to work out', and my goal weight is 160. i want to make a life change.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I've always gone back and forth between being motivated, and just not caring. I looked back on all my failures and realized that the one thing they all had in common was that i was trying to do everything by myself... this is the first attempt of its kind for me .

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Basically my addiction to food, and execution of all the fabulous plans i make.

Top 3:
- Mindless Eating
- Exercising in a way that keeps me interested
- Controlling myself while out with friends.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : I want to look even better then I'm imagining right now.

It's not so much what i want to wear, but what i want to fit into- roller coasters and plane seats (easier)
Old 10-05-2009, 05:27 PM   #779  

S/C/G: 163/152/135

Height: 5'8"

Screen Name: WendyR

Age/Age Range: 39

Family Life: married 11 years with three girls

Hobbies and Interests: music, movies, books, traveling

Favorite Music: any kind of rock

Favorite Color(s): purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: running by the beach

What are your fitness/health goals? to lose weight/dress sizes as well as maintain a healthy lifestyle

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? weighed in for my annual physical this year and had gained back most of the weight I had lost the previous summer

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? eating right and getting motivated to actually exercise

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? eat more veggies, create a calorie deficit through exercise, cut down on the alcohol

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : myself one year ago

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? any of the jeans that I have which hit lower than the belly button
Old 10-08-2009, 09:40 AM   #780  
Baby Weight Be Gone!

S/C/G: 194.4

Talking I want my body back!

Screen Name: Supermom78

Age/Age Range: 31

Family Life: SAHM, 3 beautiful kids, married for 8 years.

Hobbies and Interests: Graphics design, writing, video montage

Favorite Music: Anything

Favorite Color(s): Blue and Red

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Love walking

What are your fitness/health goals? Short term - Lose 20 lbs by Xmas.
Long term - Be a size 12 again!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? When I put on hubby's pants and they were snug.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? buying into my excuses.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Stop snacking, binge eating and getting off my butt and moving.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : The Mean Girls from High School

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Something Skimpy