Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 10-24-2010, 09:02 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 273/259.6/120

Height: 5'2

I feel the same now....even though I am nowhere near goal yet.

Im more fixated on "I think I know what I want to be" but "Am I going to be able to do it"
EsmeCullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:44 AM   #17  
I Will do this....

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 7

Wow, right now thats exactly what I'm feeling. I have lost nearly 80lbs, sure there's a physical change, but my brain hasn't quite caught up with the image my eyes see !
I seem to focus on the distance that is left, rather than the distance I have come. That is somewhat tied up with my own mental image of myself, and also how others see me. People have always complimented me on my looks, Fat or thin. It has added to the confusion. Whilst I wouldn't say I was happy being fat, I acknowledged that I was doing the best I could to be as attractive as possible.
It is such a mental journey, and one that does not seem to have been covered by the media in a way I would like. I need some reassurance that the person I will become can cope with my new shape, and the inevitable attention it draws.
I think we do stay the same essentially as people, but I also think personalities change. I have spent my whole life wearing a suit of armour, and am curious as to what it will be like to not wear it.
starbrite is offline   Reply With Quote