3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing-184/)
-   -   Questions for Jillian Michaels re: Winning by Losing (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing/67247-questions-jillian-michaels-re-winning-losing.html)

Jillian Michaels 11-09-2005 01:35 AM

PM means private message... AHA! Ugghh I am such a dork. I really have to brush up on my computer skills if I am gonna try to hang with you savy chicks. Ok - tomorrow I will figure out how to shrink the KB of my fat photo (right now it keeps saying the file is too big to post), I am gonna answer the rest of the questions on this thread, and I am going to read all my PM's.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo to all of you!

J

OzLoserToBe 11-09-2005 01:36 AM

Haha

You're a crackup! :lol:

Maureen L 11-09-2005 04:43 AM

:ebike:
Hi Jillian,
I can't believe that the BL has only a couple of more episodes to go. I get inspired watching it every week just knowing that if they can do it so can I.

But one thing I can't seem to do is figure out my AMR. I am sorta mathmatically challenged.. :shrug:

Here are my numbers and maybe hopefully you or someone can give me the right answer.
My weight is 165..I am 64" and I am 52 yrs. young.

Thanks,
Maureen

mavrneen 11-09-2005 07:46 AM

Maureen,

First :welcome3:

Two things i need to figure your AMR: 1) your daily activity level (from p55 of Jillian's book), and 2) your daily exercise expenditure (p57)
Not knowing those two things here are the numbers i came up with for your BMR x your daily activity level:
Sedentary-1563 cals
Light-1705 cals
Moderate-1847 cals
High-1989 cals

Simply pick which of these matches your daily activity level and add your daily exercise calories burned to them-either from the chart or from your own heart rate monitor. If you have any more trouble with it let me know and i'll get your info and give you the exact number :)

MorticiaAddams 11-09-2005 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jillian Michaels
PM means private message... AHA! Ugghh I am such a dork. I really have to brush up on my computer skills if I am gonna try to hang with you savy chicks.

I was the same way until I married a Computer Tech :D

Just wanted to say :bravo: Thank You for visiting the site and that im on the same road as everyone is to a more healthy life style.
Actually both the husband and I are changing the way we live.
Cant wait to see your before pic ;) .
Our before and during pic is in my signature below.
Thanks again and congrats on a great show with a trully great bunch of people who really show that it can be done.
P.S We have the book and are in process of taking it in!

momma233 11-09-2005 08:39 AM

Jillian, your photo

Jillian,

You can go to photobucket.com and upload your photo then you can edit it and make it smaller. Then you right click and copy the img, then paste here in your message. Make sense? If not, let me know k.
:carrot:

momma233 11-09-2005 08:44 AM

HELP, confession time!

Jillian,

OK, I have your wonderful book and I have figured my AMR and I am a Balanced Oxidizer. I had this all figured out last week! I am back to my same ole same stuff. I get stuck with the info and do not put it into action. What the heck is wrong with me?

I get overwhelmed when I think about what to eat everyday. I have got to lose this weight! I cannot keep up with my two boys. The other day my 4 yr. old ran from me and I couldn't catch up! I was so mad at myself. He could have gotten really far away from me ya know.

I don't mean to sound like I'm whining, I'm really frustrated with myself right now.

Thanks for being here! It means a lot!

Jen415 11-09-2005 08:49 AM

Hey Jillian!

As you can see by my signature, your post to me has inspired me. I am studying the book (figuring out what my metabolic type is), writing down everything I eat, and doing 30 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of strength training. I am hoping in a month or so I will be able to do the workouts in the book. I have to build up some strength first. My most annoying thing to deal with at the moment is my monthly cycle (a/k/a TOM the b@stard!) and all the water weight gain that comes with it.

Speaking of that, how did those monthly cycles affect the ladies' weigh-ins on the show? I can almost bet that the weeks where they lost 2 lbs or less was one of those weeks.

Anyway, will keep in touch with ya! Thanks for your help so far!

brattypatti 11-09-2005 01:11 PM

Thanks Jillian,
My daughter lives in a college town (they have tons of book stores) and is suppose to be picking it up for me this week. That was so sweet of you to offer.
After losing this much , I feel I need to step it up on the exercise so I can continue to lose and firm up while I am at it! I just need to learn more how to go about it, that's where your book will help me.
Thank you Again ! I cant wait to read your book ..... and it was more than pretty awesome that it was sold out at Wal-mart :)
Take Care,
Patti :)

SmartButt 11-09-2005 01:46 PM

My own dilemma...

Hi Jillian,

I've read your book and my friend and I are going to do your program together. I haven't started the "Sweat" portion yet. I'm still tackling the first two S's! (And why does Barnes & Noble put your book under Diets instead of Fitness? bah!)

So here is our situation... she and I tried South Beach before, and we wound up becoming over obsessive about what we ate, to the point where looking back, I think we've been eating less than 1200 calories a day for weeks at a time. I'm sad to think we could possibly have put our bodies into starvation mode. We never counted calories before and had no idea about not going under or over (SB sorta tells you not to count calories or worry about it) so now we're worried.

We had stopped seeing any weight loss results long ago, even though we felt we were eating the right foods. So now that we are forcing ourselves to eat ENOUGH calories, we wonder if there is anything you suggest for people in our position?

For instance, now that we are eating 1200 calories (but not doing 1 hour a day of exercise yet) we are actually seeing a gain on the scale. Is the only way to get our metabolism up to do the workouts? Or is there something extra you'd suggest for us?

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer all of our questions. You're really becoming my hero! Here's a dancing carrot in your honor.
:carrot:

monkee 11-09-2005 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jillian Michaels
Ok - tomorrow I will figure out how to shrink the KB of my fat photo (right now it keeps saying the file is too big to post), J

BWAH! This is too funny. I am sure you weren't THAT big Jillian ;)

Patricia

Looking4TheWayOut 11-09-2005 03:36 PM

I'm surprised you gals didn't see the picture already. Jillian showed it on last year's Biggest Loser. I still think she was beautiful, but she really has transformed her body!

RockerGirl 11-09-2005 05:00 PM

Jillian-

Okay I'll try it! 5 days is no big thing. I mean come on I get to say Jillian put me on a "diet". :cool: I will start on Monday that will hopefully give me time to get an answer to one question.

You said to eat lean protein and veggies. I know that I should eliminate breads, pasta, rice, cereal and things like that, but I wanted to check to see if I should eliminate milk/dairy and fruit as well for the 5 days.

Also, do you think the niacin test is more accurate than the quiz? Just curious!

Thanks

OzLoserToBe 11-09-2005 05:13 PM

I saw the "fat" photo in season one. Yeah she wasn't THAT big but definitely big enough that you can appreciate the transformation and feel that she GETS IT.

Looking4TheWayOut 11-09-2005 05:28 PM

Yes, that's what I thought about Jillian's photo. She wasn't huge, but she definitely had to work to get that body! :lol: