3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing-184/)
-   -   Questions for Jillian Michaels re: Winning by Losing (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing/67247-questions-jillian-michaels-re-winning-losing.html)

BethG2 12-05-2005 07:54 PM

Hi Jillian :-)

I just got the book and I am a fast oxidizer. At 20/50/30 do you know if the South Beach cookbook would be a good idea (modified for fat, I suppose). It seems like everything I currently cook is a sandwich, wrap, or pasta. If not are there any other cookbooks you could suggest?

Thanks!

sammydc 12-06-2005 08:02 AM

Hey everyone

just wanted to let you know (most probably already do) but there are a lot of articles on line that Jillian has answered questions in. I did a google search and found several.

Thought it might help someone - I can send links if anyone wishes

sammy

kathyhegg 12-07-2005 06:30 AM

Hi Jillian,

I've just finished reading all the posts here, and thank you for all your answers, you and BL are truely inspiring. So I'll be off to look for your book by the end of the week, and the dvd's, but do you know where here in Aus that they may be available?

Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Kathy

chick_in_the_hat 12-07-2005 12:38 PM

Kathy - The other Aussie chicks can tell you for sure - but I think some of them ordered from Amazon. (and then waitied with varying degrees of patience. :p )

kathyhegg 12-07-2005 05:51 PM

Patience! Who has patience...lol. Hmm, I'll check out Dymocks, they are usually pretty good at getting books in.

Jaylizbet 12-07-2005 09:14 PM

Hi Kathy

I'm on the NSW Central Coast and I got a copy of the book from Borders yesterday. I'd say that any good bookstore would be able to order it in for you tho. I haven't seen the DVDs anywhere (but then again I haven't been looking either).

Hope this helps.

Jayne

Daisy Boo 12-07-2005 09:21 PM

Hi Kathy

I ordered my book through amazon about a month ago when it came out as I know that it takes a while sometimes for them to be on the shelves here.

I just checked Angus & Robertson online and the book is there at $45.

http://www.angusrobertson.com.au/pro...60845465&db=au

Hope this helps.

kathyhegg 12-07-2005 09:57 PM

Thanks Daisy and Jayne.

kathy

sunflower1972 12-07-2005 10:02 PM

Hi all, just new to the forum here tonight. thanks to my friend Buckigirl for saying sign up!! Wish I had found this site at the beginning of my journey in Sept:)
I just have to say I LOVE JILLIAN. Her book got my behind moving and has been key to my success so far:)
Sunflower

caroldiem 12-08-2005 02:13 AM

Inspirations - all of you

:carrot: I love these carrot things

Hi Everyone i'm new here. I am another aussie from sydney australia, I have read every post in this thread and it hsa been so inspirational for me. This place is so motivating.I bought Jillians book from amazon.com

Ozlosertobe In only cost me around $25 australian how come you guys paid so much more?

I can't wait to get the book, I'm buying new sand shoes tonight, I already go to the gym unfortunately not frequently enough but that will change.I just want to be really fit and healthy when i go on my huge Europe trip next year.

Food is my enemy, I overeat so much, i eat when i'm not hungry, I just love to eat.

I know when i come home now insteda of going to the kitchen i will come straight here read all yoru wonderful posts taht will motivate me to not go to the fridge.

Hope your all well

cs

pinkyakabb 12-10-2005 08:39 PM

what Book????

"Dear Patty - They sold out of my book at Walmart??? YAY YAY YAY... ok - so sorry I need to have a wildly obnoxious moment. "

are you talking about YOUR book or the Biggest Loser book?

I went looking for YOUR book but didn't find it and I have the BL book but would also like to get your book if you have one

thanks

Pinky

ledom 12-10-2005 08:58 PM

Pinky, yes Winning by Losing by Jillian Michaels. FABULOUS book!

petra65 12-10-2005 09:38 PM

Elizabeth-this is not really my area of expertise but your friend may want to try some kind of water exercises first. It will give her a chance to build some muscle tone and endurance without a lot of joint impact. I'm sure Jillian will have some more ideas when she has time to answer questions.

Gardenwife 12-11-2005 02:12 AM

I second that about water exercises; they're easy on the joints and give a heavy person a marvelous feeling of freedom of movement!

KCMcD 12-11-2005 11:18 AM

Jillian...please come back!

I feel like I got to the party too late! :dunno:

Jillian :drill: please come back!

We miss you! :mrsclaus: