The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 12-09-2008, 11:21 PM   #496  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Love it!

I didn't understand why he couldn't just back out and say 'I quit - send me home." The vote is a waste of time imo. But hey, if they're gonna give us a vote, I'm for Mr. 2 pounds two! Sweet!
Old 12-09-2008, 11:41 PM   #497  
Shooting for the moon

S/C/G: 210/151/140

Height: 5' 5.5"

lol- at first I thought "Forget it, I'm not even going to vote" - I was really looking forward to NOT voting for Vicky so I was pretty disappointed. the more I have thought about it though, the more irritated I feel with Ed and Heba for trying to force me to vote a certain way.

I voted for Ed.

Eleven times.

Last edited by Thin4Good; 12-09-2008 at 11:41 PM.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:09 PM   #498  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

well H has little chance to catch up to the % of Michelle or Vicky and it is unlikely she would lose the 60+ lbs she would have to to get to a 50% loss. Ed has to lose somethng like 84lbs to reach the 50% while V and M have to lose somewhere in the high 40's.

I just thought that ED was so stupid to throw away his chance. He may be selfless but he just gave up in my view taking Heba with him.

I don;t like some of the things Heba has done this season and I don't think she had a clue at the time what hitching herself to Vicky would mean when the show aped vs taired. That said, I think once ed came back Heba became more likeable and I think he grounds her and she really has not said anything nasty since he came back.

It also agrivated me that Vicky learned not one thing and is coming out the other side the same person she went in only thinner. Maybe if she has read the internet, and my guess is she has because she is that kind of person (PS I would too) she knows that the posting public does not like her one bit. I did not really understand when she said to bob she "got it" because everythng she said and done contradicted that statement not just once but all the time even on the show last night about not eating vetables and eating out all the time. Does she remember that Brady went home and continued to lose weight? Does she even concider that HE already started the changes with the kids? GEEZZ!!!! So self absorbed!

If Vicky wins, and it is NOT my money, she will have won for most weigh lost, but as all of us who struggle here we know that the money will never buy her a clue into what it means to LIVE this day in and day out. She will not be a spokeswoman for me and I would not tune in to listen to her about how she changed her life because I am not sure she has.

On the revese side. Michelle has an engaging personality and while watching her watch her video, she was just beautiful in seeing herself change into a new person. I thik she is a lot like Ali who just "got it".

-L