The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 12-03-2008, 10:37 AM   #466  

S/C/G: 250/173.6/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkiegirl View Post
I like Ed. I was hoping the final 3 would be Ed, Michelle and Renee. I think he's been rather unfairly blasted, not necessarily so much here but on the net in general for stuff he didn't even do, since he was gone during the "fighting with Phil" weeks.
I agree. I have no problem with Ed, he just happens to be married to a woman who went off her rocker while he was gone. I noticed that once he returned Heba started acting better.

Ed, Michelle, Renee would have been a nice finale, but now I'm hoping it's Ed, Michelle, and Heba. I'd rather see Heba win over Vicky.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:09 PM   #467  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

So hard to say who is going to be the final three right now. I hope Vicky isn't one of them, but as long as Michelle makes it, I'll be okay with it.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:53 PM   #468  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Well, it really dosen't matter who is below the yellow line. America will absolutely vote out the blue in favor of Michelle if she is below the line and will choose ED over Heba and either one of them over Vicky. My guess it is one of the reasons they are trying to redeem Vicky with her blog as well to make her more human I supose on the show the last 2 weeks.

I was less than impressed with the makeovers, vicky's being the least impressive but I would bet she dictated what she would allow them to do. He hair remianed the same but the color was just so wrong for her skin tone. Not many people can pull off red AND I might add her makeup at the WI was just awful!

It is too bad that Vicky was not with Jillian this show. I think she would have had a much better outcome and turn-around. a little more self interspection would have been a good thing for Vicky because althoug she has lost some weight, she just does not radiate the joy of feeling good about herself. 2 weeks before they go home is a little late to relize that she can not trust herself, but better late than never.

I also want to add I am shoked that not 1 person on the ranch hit 100 lbs. All of the women have lost about the same amount of weight which is suprising concidering the varriation in size of the ladies in particular AND Brady really has only lost 10 more LBS than the ladies. Just commenting. I think it has been a season where Jill's girls and team will be much better in the long run because I think they looked at the who and why and Bob's team was focused only on the weightloss and team blue.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:42 PM   #469  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/135

Height: 4'10"

I am still not over Amy C keeping Vicky on the show!!! Ya big dummy.

What was with Vicky's makeover? Her face was very white like my daughter's Halloween makeup - and she was a dead bride. eeek.

I am warming up to Ed. Thought he was pretty funny in the last few episodes.

We are going to have several 100+ lb losers at the finale but probably none before they go home. Renee was at 95 pounds in her transformation interview last night. I think we are going to see more women at 100 lbs plus lost than any other season at the finale: Stacey, Colleen, Amy C, Amy P., Renee, Michelle, Vicky, Heba. Actually it is pretty incredible because there have only been 7 or 8 women (including that petite comedienne from the State season who did it all at home) to ever lose more than 100 pounds during the course of the show.

So, so glad that America gets to vote for the 3rd contestant. Michelle, hopefully, you worked your a** of literally during that last week.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:46 PM   #470  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/135

Height: 4'10"

Not sure where I have been, but just discovered wikipedia's comprehensive coverage of The Biggest Loser by season. All the contestants ongoing stat's, BMIs, episode details etc.

Current season is at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Big...oser:_Families
Old 12-03-2008, 04:09 PM   #471  
Owned by Dixie

I guess what I mean is it doesn't matter if Michelle falls below the line because america is going to vote which one will "go home" and at least one blue member will have to fall below and I am 99% positive that america will vote to send the blue member home. I think it will make them elligable for the home prize but I am not sure. I would not be suprised if H and E were figuring how to get 1 of them off so they could be eligable for both prizes.

In all of the past seasons, i think, there has been at least one contestant that has lost 100lbs on the ranch and it has not happed this season.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:02 PM   #472  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by L144S View Post

I was less than impressed with the makeovers, vicky's being the least impressive but I would bet she dictated what she would allow them to do. He hair remianed the same but the color was just so wrong for her skin tone. Not many people can pull off red AND I might add her makeup at the WI was just awful!
I think she was channeling "Mommy Dearest" .
Old 12-03-2008, 10:08 PM   #473  
Token Vulcan

I saw the Tyra Banks show tonight with the contestants. Ali Vincent was also on, towards the end. They brought on a couple who were inspired by TBL and lost 100 pounds each and the woman was especially inspired by Ali.

I, too, thought some of the makeovers were questionable, particularly the clothes, some of which, I felt, didn't really flatter the person. I thought the women actually looked thinner in their blue and black Biggest Loser weigh-in clothes the last few weeks than they did in the dresses. Ironically, even though Ed's look was the most casual and loose, to my eye his weight loss was the most obvious. I've thought the same thing in the last few weeks' weigh-ins that his father said, that he looks like a completely different person than when he started. I'm looking forward to seeing Ed at the finale. I think he's gonna look hot. I'm curious about Heba, too, since she would still have had more to lose at this point than any of the other women. And Jerry...I'm hoping he amazes us even more.

Michelle....okay, I think she's a knockout and is going to be even more so at the finale. But I do wonder why she keeps saying that Renee didn't take her when she left the father. Michelle was 20 years old, not a child. Plus, then wouldn't her father whom she obviously adores have been alone?

At the beginning of the season, I thought to myself that this was going be a very good looking group at the finale. I'm looking forward to seeing them...most of them anyway!

BTW, Diva, what a cool idea to use your Pogo avatar here. Never thought of it. Hmmm....

Last edited by trekkiegirl; 12-03-2008 at 10:52 PM.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:37 AM   #474  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Oh yeah, I got that point about on the 3rd episode when she said the divorce was 6 years ago, we knew she was 26, and I was totally over it thinking - umm, you would have been in college or working already - you were 20! Of course she didn't "take" you, but you could have moved had you wanted to. I know divorce is very upsetting and that's enough to cry over and the reunion, etc., but I agree I don't get the abandonment/left alone issues. I'm sure it was a choice. Maybe what we don't know is that mom pretty much up and left overnite one nite and didn't tell her she was leaving and "left" her there to be surprised, whereas she packed up the younger girls and left with them.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:30 AM   #475  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmom View Post
Oh yeah, I got that point about on the 3rd episode when she said the divorce was 6 years ago, we knew she was 26, and I was totally over it thinking - umm, you would have been in college or working already - you were 20! Of course she didn't "take" you, but you could have moved had you wanted to. I know divorce is very upsetting and that's enough to cry over and the reunion, etc., but I agree I don't get the abandonment/left alone issues. I'm sure it was a choice. Maybe what we don't know is that mom pretty much up and left overnite one nite and didn't tell her she was leaving and "left" her there to be surprised, whereas she packed up the younger girls and left with them.

I could be mis-remembering this but I thought that her mom had called her up and told her that she had left her dad and taken her sisters with her? Personally, I think that's a face-to-face conversation, not a phone conversation. And while 20 is technically an adult, depending on circumstances, she could have been very much a child who needed her mom.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:53 AM   #476  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
I think she was channeling "Mommy Dearest" .
Or The Joker from Batman.
Old 12-05-2008, 08:55 AM   #477  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

The last episode she said her parents divorced when she was 18.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:22 PM   #478  
Token Vulcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereyago View Post
Not sure where I have been, but just discovered wikipedia's comprehensive coverage of The Biggest Loser by season. All the contestants ongoing stat's, BMIs, episode details etc.
Current season is at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Big...oser:_Families
Cool.

So, going into next week, total percentages lost are:

Ed - 28.60
Heba - 29.91
Vicky - 32.79
Michelle - 34.00

What are your guesses for next week?

Ed seems to be on an alternating high/low cycle so he may pull a good number next week. I think he probably did well at home the past couple of months, but he started out bigger so he's got further to go.
Heba's also got a further way to go because of her starting weight. I think she will end up one of the bottom two because her percentage won't be enough.
Vicky has done pretty well with her numbers. Those extra 4 hours she puts in pay off for her. I think she and Ed may be the top two next week.
Michelle's been pretty impressive. She's the "wild card" to me weightloss-wise. I'm not sure if she's going to do well again after pulling good numbers the past couple of weeks.

As L144S mentioned, I think Michelle is going to be in the final three no matter what, whether it's by placement or popular vote. Ed stands a good chance--his losing scenario, I believe, being if he is opposite Michelle in the bottom two. I think the person eliminated on the finale will be Heba. I don't think Vicky is going to fall below the line.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:17 PM   #479  
Kim - IP 9/10

I realize that this is over a week late, and maybe it was already mentioned - but did anyone notice that when Amy C had her homecoming that Pete from season 2 was in the crowd?
Old 12-05-2008, 11:32 PM   #480  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

YES I DID!! and no, not covered here yet. I was LIKE - WOAH! WHat's he doing there! It was really funny for me too bc I had just read up all the BL boards on nbc for the first time all season - and got linked to the former contestant who's a youth minister's blog, and he writes his blog as a "how to" for people to get casted, and then people who are going thru the process also leave their experiences - kinda cool. Anyway, this youth minister guy stated that Pete was in fact working for TBL now in casting. It was so funny cuz I read that the same day and then it was like looking at Waldo when Pete's big frame shadowed the homecoming! Glad to see he's still looking great - by big frame I mean his stature.