Old 06-08-2011, 02:59 AM   #31  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Summer Slimmers!!!!!!

Boy, I sure do know what you mean about being fearful about getting on the scales after a vacation. But . . . I've finally reached my June 1 goal! However, I've come home ravenous. I just went and brushed my teeth so I wouldn't eat anything else tonight.

Kelsey, my heartfelt concern for you, and the family of your friend. It is so very true, the death of a loved one really makes you aware of the little things and how we need to appreciate everyday we have with those we love. I'm going on year 2 since my son Seth died, and it has had a profound effect on me in some ways, but not as much as I would like. ((((hugs)))) for you.

I've messed up my L arm somehow, I believe I did it when I was shoveling gravel in my yard. When I rotate my lower arm inward, my forearm is extremely painful. This has put a crimp in my weight lifting. I will be starting again tomorrow regardless, but with a lot less weight for the upper body.

I believe someone on here said that the way they were eating proved to them that this had truly become a lifestyle change. I'm confident that has happened for me too. I make good choices, even when I overdo and its working for me.

Well, that's it for me. Keep on keepin' on and continue showing that positive team spirit. C'mon blue!!!!!

Dora
Old 06-08-2011, 10:14 AM   #32  

Morning everyone,

Well Nancy and I were at the gym for about an hour and a half so it was good. We got our cardio done first then tried out some of the equipment. We have a class schedule now so may try out some of the classes they are offering.

Kelsey - I'm sorry about your friend that is very sad. My thoughts are with you and her family right now.

myhaloisintheshop - if you ever figure out the way to see yourself in a true perspective please let me know. I still see the 238lb me in the mirror. Some days I see myself smaller but most days. I think the mental battle is even harder then the losing one. But we will all get there one day. Congrats on the 50lbs

dream - Hello and thanks we did have fun yesterday. We are trying out another new gym tomorrow morning.

Dora - even though you want to get back with the weights please make sure to not do to much with your arm.....you really don't want to set back the healing process. Maybe just focus on some bicep curls and shoulder presses, chest flys, etc. that way you won't have to rotate your arm inward to much.

Well surprise, surprise, I have to go get ready for work again. Talk to you all later. Have a great day everyone.

Hello to the rest of the Blue Team wherever you are
Old 06-08-2011, 10:46 AM   #33  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Hello my fellow BLUE team members

I pray all is well with my team *hugs*
Ive lost my weekend weight wi at 225.4 today hoping to stay op no time for personals today but i hope you all have a great on plan day!!!!!!
Old 06-08-2011, 12:16 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doragone View Post
Hi Summer Slimmers!!!!!!

Boy, I sure do know what you mean about being fearful about getting on the scales after a vacation. But . . . I've finally reached my June 1 goal! However, I've come home ravenous. I just went and brushed my teeth so I wouldn't eat anything else tonight.

Kelsey, my heartfelt concern for you, and the family of your friend. It is so very true, the death of a loved one really makes you aware of the little things and how we need to appreciate everyday we have with those we love. I'm going on year 2 since my son Seth died, and it has had a profound effect on me in some ways, but not as much as I would like. ((((hugs)))) for you.

I've messed up my L arm somehow, I believe I did it when I was shoveling gravel in my yard. When I rotate my lower arm inward, my forearm is extremely painful. This has put a crimp in my weight lifting. I will be starting again tomorrow regardless, but with a lot less weight for the upper body.

I believe someone on here said that the way they were eating proved to them that this had truly become a lifestyle change. I'm confident that has happened for me too. I make good choices, even when I overdo and its working for me.

Well, that's it for me. Keep on keepin' on and continue showing that positive team spirit. C'mon blue!!!!!

Dora
Dora,
I am sorry to hear about your son.
I hope you arm feels better soon. I bet starting back up with a lighter weight will be a good idea.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:05 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 226/226/140

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone
It's been a busy week but it's been a good so far. Yesterday was my birthday, but I stayed on plan.

Kelsey - I am so sorry about your friend

CourtneyDaisy - Thanks so much for the signature, it's great! Now I have to remember how to add it to my signature.

Quilly - I just read your post from last week's thread and my vote would be for option 1.

Jacky - That's cool that you and Nancy are working out together and trying out new gyms!

myhalo - 50lbs. is awesome! Congratulations!

Dora - I hope your arm feels better. Be careful as you don't want to make the injury worse by not giving it enough time to heal. Congratulations on meeting your June 1st goal

to Bnhtla06 for being our BL this week, and to Beck, Selena and Lad143 for being the runner-ups

Have a great day everyone
Old 06-08-2011, 03:15 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 194.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello BLUE team!

Well, this week has been a bad week for me. After posting great results in week 1, I fear week 2 will not be so great for me.

I think it's my TOM - though I had a hysterectomy 5 years ago (at age 31), so I am never sure if it's my time or not. In tracking my daily weight I am able to see it was around this same time last month that my weight went up a few pounds before going back down.

I got up early this morning - at 5am. The plan was to get on the elliptical early, get a shower and go to work. Well, I leave for work at 6:00am, so I needed in the shower at 5:30 to shower and get ready. Instead of hitting snooze, I got up at 5, but did not have the energy to get on the elliptical within a few minutes of waking up. It was a great idea, just not for me. So back to trying to squeeze in time in the evenings to exercise. It just seems so much harder now that my daughter is out of school.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:20 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 235/150.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Hello Blue Team! I've just made it home from the golf course. I returned to the game after a 10 year absence and boy am I rusty. My puts are getting better, now I just need to work on the rest of my game.

lad- I agree its harder once the kids are out for school. I'm struggling with trying to still get my workout in with my DD being out of school. I feel like I should be spending time doing fun things with the kids instead of putting them in child watch while I'm working out.

Narnia-happy belated birthday, hope it was a good one.

Dora-Congrats on meeting your June goal. I hope your arm starts feeling better soon, becareful not to do too much, we don't want you injuring it more.

Hello to everyone else.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:48 AM   #38  

Narnia- I hope you had a very Happy Birthday. Good job on not going crazy and staying on plan.

I'll be back with mor tomorrow. Good night
Old 06-09-2011, 11:00 AM   #39  

Height: 5'9"

Hi team! Sorry I haven't check in for a couple of days. I have been perfectly on track with my calorie counting, though, so that is good. The scale read 143.8 this morning which will be a huge drop for me if it holds true tomorrow. But, tomorrow is my official weigh in day - so we shall see!

I've already done my workout for the day, but I'm a day behind on my P90X and expect I'll do the other one this evening. It's not bad, though, it's just 60 minutes of stretching so that will be easy.

Nothing more to add, just wanted to say hi!
Old 06-09-2011, 11:13 AM   #40  
Winning!

S/C/G: 287.8/276.6/142

Height: 5'3.5"

Hey team! I don't have much free time, but I wanted to check in, and say hi I am finally getting back on track. Last week I had no loss, but I've lost a pound so far this week... I am struggling to learn how to manage stress, without food.. and it's proven difficult, but I am finally getting the hang of it.

Anyways.. I wish you all a successful week! The last challenge helped me lose 36lbs.. the weekly weigh ins are a great motivator!
Old 06-09-2011, 12:33 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Hey team,
Well yesterday I had a good workout with my BL dvd. My daughter actually napped most of the time during it so that was good.
I was ok with food, although dinner was a bit salty. I had a sweet tooth and had some frosting out of a can..I usually don't do that. It really is a lot of calories for such a little amount! I am throwing it out today though. I hate being tempted by things like that.
I am struggling with healthy snacks around the house. It seems all I have is "healthy" carbs. Well..healthier, I guess. Fiberone bars, pita bread and hummus. I am totally out of fruit. Can't really grocery shop til the 15th, that's our payday..I guess I'll just have to continue to guzzle water! At least I noticed a difference with my skin by drinking all that water!
So now I am just waiting for my daughter to take her morning nap so I can get a quick workout in!
Hope everyone has a good day today! Go Blue!
Old 06-10-2011, 02:35 AM   #42  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi B-losers!!!

Thank you all for looking out for me and my arm. Very light weights are the order of the day, or week, or however long it takes.

Thank you Kelsey for the kind thoughts for my son, and your hugs are greatly appreciated.

Getting back on plan, still snacking on healthy foods, ie., almonds, prunes, hard boiled eggs - but sometimes too much. Wobbling back to center, not giving up.

Thanks too for the congrats on reaching my June 1 goal, the only problem is I didn't reach it until June 7!!! So, to stay on track, I need to lose 5 lbs in 3 weeks which I feel is totally doable and not too drastic.

Hang in there those of you who are faltering. A weight loss journey is bumpy at times, but always worth staying along for the full ride. Like the saying goes, It's not only about the destination, it's about the journey. We're all in the car together for now, enjoy the scenery and no stopping at the 7-11 !!!!

Take care

Dora

Last edited by Doragone; 06-10-2011 at 02:50 AM.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:32 AM   #43  
Sue

Good Morning Team! I hope you all enjoy the weekend. The weather here in VA is beautiful this morning. I wish I could be outside taking advantage of it but I must make food for my daughter's class today. EGGROLLS YUMMY! I need to stay strong and not taste. I can do it! I can do it! I can do it!
Old 06-10-2011, 11:19 AM   #44  

Height: 5'9"

Hey ladies! I posted a 2.8 lb. loss for us this week. Yay!!

I did not do well with nutrition last night, though. I'm going to need a good weekend to make up for it.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:41 AM   #45  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Hi Team I wi at 223.8 today down from 228 lets how it sticks *fingerscrossed*