Old 01-19-2011, 11:43 PM   #91  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

I'm here too

As you know from last week life is in a tail spin right now and dealing with the stress of that and TOM...its almost Friday here and I can't wait. I'm doing horrible on the exercise front. Eating is good but I slipped up a few nights ago and ordered a medium pizza and ate it all by myself. Stupid thing to do, and I regretted it only moments in. But, I'm trying really hard to stay on track. I feel bloated and yucky and I know I have control over what I eat and how I feel and what I do with my time...I just haven't made any super awesome decisions that warrant a special post on here or anything. But I promise I'm here everyday. Reading all your posts and cheering for you too! I'm hanging in day by day right now. One day at a time...

Old 01-19-2011, 11:44 PM   #92  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

BlueEyes- Your so sweet!
Old 01-19-2011, 11:55 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/140

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie View Post
Oh no, someone mentioned cookies, I've been wanting a chocolate chip cookie for 2 days now. Actually I've been wanting about 5 or 6 of them with a big glass of milk. Its TOM for me and I am having some sugar cravings...ugh.

Hope you are all holding strong!

Oh I do know what you are feeling I CRAVE chocolate during TOM!I NEVER give in tho
Old 01-20-2011, 12:40 AM   #94  
Persistance loses weight

S/C/G: 216/177/136

Height: 5'7"

rainbowsmiles- your comments really are so uplifting. you really are keeping this team going! i hope you know that we all know you can do it too!!!
Old 01-20-2011, 01:07 AM   #95  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

Default Everyone's chatty . . . I love it!!!

I just got off work and thought I'd check the thread . . . Oh my i had to read 2 1/2 pages to catch up . . .

Bette K - BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, I'm on the Wisconsin/Minnesota line and I think they are calling for a high of 5 or something ridiculous . . . next week there is a day where the high is suppose to be -8 I am off work for two days, and plan not to even go outside until Saturday. I went to the store after work and stocked up on a few veggies I was low on and tomorrow is soup making day . . . I love soup in the winter

Skinnycow - I'm so glad you got a new scale . . . I too weigh myself obsessively: when I wake up, after I exercise, after my shower, after I get my clothes on (I like to see how much they weigh, LOLOL), at night, when I get home from work . . . I am looking for a twelve step program or at least a thread that deals with my OCD and scales . . . I've even had the scale for a whole month and I get on that dang thing every time I walk in the bathroom. Oh my . . .

WOW, I think almost everyone is having their TOM, could it be because the moon is full??? I was craving pizza Sunday night but suffice to say the did NOT win, at least this time . . . I settled for a snack bag of mini . . . which is ok as I had NO that day

BlueEyes and Laviebo: What great willpower . . .

Shan: I know you're having a rough time, just hang in there, we're here for you, I wish I could give you a big Sending you one from far away

HUGS FOR YOU

I'm going to do ZUMBA tomorrow and dance(melt) all that butter AWAY!!
then tomorrow night my neighbor just got Zumba for her Wii and we are going to have a ZUMBA PARTY!!

Everyone have a great day, if you foo pah, just hop back up, brush youself off, and keep on getting . . . we can all do this together

OK, everyone, now I'm tired goodnight
Old 01-20-2011, 01:11 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/140

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnycow126 View Post
rainbowsmiles- your comments really are so uplifting. you really are keeping this team going! i hope you know that we all know you can do it too!!!
I agree! Rainbow is so uplifting and encouaraging to everyone else that she doesn't hear anyone rooting for her. Rock on Rainbow.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:53 AM   #97  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Wow, so chatty!

I really enjoyed reading everyone's updates (sorry I can't do personals right now). I love that even when people are hitting hurdles or eating off plan we're still coming here and owning our actions. I think that is so key to long-term success!! There will always be setbacks or moments of eating weakness, but we can always move forward from them.

This week has been good for eating for me. I had a couple of days last weekend/early in the week when I didn't feel well and ate less, followed by a couple of days where I was ravenous and I think that this accidental calorie cycling may have been really good for me this week. We'll see what the scale says on Saturday morning!

The weather is FINALLY warmer here!! We had the longest cold snap I can remember over the past couple of weeks and Tuesday was the first day of January where we didn't get any snow. I'm looking forward to being able to go for longer walks/jogs now that the weather isn't trying to kill me!

Have a wonderful day, Red Team!

And rainbowsmiles: your enthusiasm and team spirit is amazing! With such a positive, can-do attitude like that, I know you're going to be successful at achieving any goal you set for yourself!!
Old 01-20-2011, 09:27 AM   #98  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
rainbowsmiles: your enthusiasm and team spirit is amazing! With such a positive, can-do attitude like that, I know you're going to be successful at achieving any goal you set for yourself!!
Quote:
Quote:
I agree! Rainbow is so uplifting and encouaraging to everyone else that she doesn't hear anyone rooting for her. Rock on Rainbow
Quote:
Rainbowsmiles- were you ever a cheerleader? 'cause your spunk & enthusiasm is amazing.
YOU GUYS ARE TRULY AWESOME!!!!

i am sure you have all heard they saying...
the family that prays together,
stays together...

well, i just figured that...

THE TEAM THAT CHATS TOGETHER
LOSES THE MOST WEIGHT TOGETHER!!
WHOOOOP WHOOOOOP!!

canadamel....yeah....guilty as charged!! its hard to believe that a cheerleader can let herself get this fat! i was even born 3 months EARLY and was a preemie baby, weighing only 3 lbs and 8 oz....and look at me now!! yikes!
still....i am one determined chickapoo!!!
THIS IS MY YEAR!!
THIS IS OUR YEAR!
i don't want to let another year go by, and at the end of the year, only be able to read about all the OTHER ladies who lost 50, 75, 100 pounds, and reached their goals!!!
I WANT TO READ ABOUT ME...
LOSING 100 POUNDS AND REACHING
MY GOAL TOO!!!
THIS IS MY YEAR!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 01-20-2011 at 09:31 AM.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:23 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi folks! I'm sorry I haven't been able to be as chatty since the ice melted and I've had to get back to the office. I check in on the forum during my lunch break on my cell phone every day but posting and editing on my phone is tough. I get an error every time I use the phone to post and I don't know why. I guess the Android and the forum don't communicate all that well. Who knows.

I am home today because my 2 year old is sick. I got called yesterday at 4:10PM to come get her from day care because she was running a fever of 101.3 so I headed out from work to get her. This morning she was running a fever of 100.3 so we stayed home. She also has a nasty cough but we have prescription cough meds for that. She's all medicated and her fever is gone now and feeling much better. I was rather annoyed that I couldn't make it to work today though. I've been working overtime so I could get caught up from being out for four days during the ice storm. This will be a one day setback into my progress there, which bugs me. Hopefully Brenna will be feeling well enough to make it to day care tomorrow so I can get myself to work! Besides, Fridays are statement days and I am the only one in the entire office who knows how to run them. I have to be there or face the wrath of hundreds of customers who didn't get their statements on time.

Yesterday evening wasn't good at all. I did great during the day. But part of the problem is that we are very low on money and it's a LOT cheaper to buy a $10 Papa John's pizza to feed the family than cook a homemade meal. So that's what we did last night. My fridge mainly has drinks and condiments in there right now and I didn't want to spend a lot of money at the store since we're literally scraping by to get to tomorrow (when my husband and I both get paid). Thankfully tomorrow I'll be able to get to the grocery store and cook again!
Old 01-20-2011, 01:35 PM   #100  
Feed Your Freedom

Default Pizza Pizza Pizza

White Wine Chicken Alfredo Pizza by sandwriter77, on Flickr

ALL THIS TALK OF PIZZA!!! made me want pizza!!! but wanting to stay ON PLAN...i needed to create my own!! ....this is my latest creation....i just had for lunch...and had to share!! it is soooooooooooooooo good!! WHO KNEW cottage cheese could do this!!!!!
(i've been a little obsessed with making recipes with cottage cheese lately!!!)

and GUESS HOW MANY PIECES YOU CAN HAVE???
THE WHOLE THING!!
WHOOOOP WHOOOOOOP
ALL 6 PCS!!!!
HUNGRY ANYONE???

so the next time that PIZZA CRAVING KICKS IN...
try making one of your own!!
and stay on plan!!

White Wine Chicken Alfredo Pizza!!
calories: 377
fat: 14 grams
carbs: 27 grams
fiber: 7 grams
sugar: 7 grams
protein: 41 grams

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 01-20-2011 at 01:39 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:59 PM   #101  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Rainbowsmiles--Again, I concur...you're the BEST MOTIVATOR EVER!!

Courtney--My heart goes out to you. I feel just awful that Papajohn's was dinner because of funds. Something in this country has to change!

Ladies, keep up the awesome work. This is such a supportive team. Just look at the post count for the blue team. Reds are truly there for each other!
Old 01-20-2011, 04:38 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Rainbowsmiles - That pizza looks soooo good. I am going to have to try making that sometime this weekend.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:18 PM   #103  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 327.6/321.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Oh my Holy Goodness...motivation and pizza, too...seriously, rainbow, you're an angel, right? Just fess up!

Tonight, we're trying a new recipe for reduced calorie and fat Sheperd's Pie...it's hubby's favorite dish, so I thought I'd lighten it up some. Hubby doesn't have as far to go on his weight loss journey as I do, but he thinks he could still stand to lose a few pounds, and it's always great to have someone in my corner! We've been having a great time finding waistline and budget friendly recipes. I have a whole cookbook full of 'em on my food.com account, but I'm always looking for new ones!

Hope everyone's having a great day...go get 'em!!
Old 01-20-2011, 08:20 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes65 View Post
BTW-- where is Shan, CanadaMel and Aclai ? Has anyone heard from them?
I'm around. Like you said, hard to keep up with personals with all these posts. But that's a good thing! Been peeking in to read here and there but haven't had much time to post.

We're wrapping up our wellness competition at work that started back in November. This week we had to give presentations on our experience in the challenge. I'm the captain on my team, so it's been a lot of work organizing rehersals, building costumes (we had a skit), and just stressing out! My team presented this morning though, and it all paid off. I think we have a good chance at making top 3 teams. Individuals on the top 3 teams win a vacation for two to their choice of Denver, Phoenix, San Diego, Las Vegas, or South Beach. Needless to say, I REALLY want to win. Next Friday is the deadline to meet our goals and I still have some weight to lose, so I'm strictly on plan right now.

Last edited by Aclai4067; 01-20-2011 at 08:27 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:23 PM   #105  
Feed Your Freedom

WHITE WINE CHICKEN ALFREDO PIZZA RECIPE
1 flatout healthy grain honey wheat wrap
1 serving cottage cheese alfredo sauce (see below)
2 oz pre-cooked chicken in white wine (see below)
10 large baby spinach leaves cut into thin strips
1 oz roasted red pepper diced
(i used the ones from a jar) squeeze out juice!!
.5 oz low moisture mozzarella cheese

COTTAGE CHEESE ALFREDO SAUCE
1/4 cup cottage cheese ( i used regular large curd
but you can use your favorite low fat or non fat version)
1/4 cup 2% milk (reserve 1 spoonful)
dash sea salt, dash freshly cracked black pepper
1 tsp roasted garlic (i took a shortcut and used the kind from the tiny jar!!)
2 tsp butter melted (don't use cheap fat free stuff, use real good sweet butter, its only 2 tsp's for goodness sake!!!)
2 tsp wheat flour or flour of your choice
1 laughing cow regular cheese wedge

preheat oven to 400 degrees. bake PLAIN flat out wrap for 3 mins on each side...set aside

i use the little magic bullet...but you can also use your blender...add the cottage cheese, 1 spoonful milk, salt and pepper and garlic, and blend til smooth and about the consistency of mayo. set aside.

in microwave small bowl....melt butter in microwave about 15 secs or until melted, then add flour and stir til well blended...break laughing cow wedge cheese into little pcs and add to the bowl, and microwave 30 secs. tehn add the remaining of the milk and microwave 30 secs. more.

now add the cottage cheese mixture to the cheesy alfredo mixture and blend well. this makes enough for TWO PIZZAS!!! (keeps well in fridge for a few days)

now spread 1/2 this mixture all over the flatout wrap, all the way to the edges.
now you are ready to add your toppings!!

add diced chicken, julienne spinach, diced sweet roasted red pepper, salt, pepper, and last the mozzarella cheese...you can also add red pepper flakes if you like a little hot and spicy bite...like i do!!

bake 3 mins or until cheese melts....THEN EAT!!! EAT THE WHOLE THING!! YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO SHARE!!
YUMMMM!!!
nutritional values are approx: as i am not a dietician, just add ingredients as i use then.

i pre-cook my chicken for the week like this....
3 chicken breast pounded evenly flat to about 1/3 inch....i trim ALL FAT and yucky parts before pounding....and pound between parchment paper with my rolling pin!!
i get a non-stick skillet good and hot...then spray with the MISTO sprayer, 3 full sprays...with is only about 1.5 tsp of olive oil!!!
i "flash fry" the chicken, 4 mins on side one and 3 mins on side 2....then deglaze the pan with a small splash white cooking wine.
i transfer from pan to a container to cool...then i can cut in half for chicken sammies...dice for salads, shread for fajitas, chunk for skewers, slice for noodle bowls or rice bowls, or break apart for pizza!!! i do this every sunday....and the chicken keeps fresh all week and half the battle of cooking is already done!!