Old 01-25-2010, 06:01 PM   #16  
hand to mouth disease?

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Turning30, people stay on SBD phase 1 longer than 2 weeks (or a modified phase 1.5) usually if they have a lot of weight to lose. I am one of those people. For example, I do it a little different, I follow SBD 2 except I don't add in brown rice (I don't like it much) or the low-carb bread (don't like it much either). I do have low-carb wraps, and all the veggies and fruit I want. I suppose I'm at about a 1.75 now.

The whole concept behind going from phase 1 to 2 in two weeks is not so much about keeping people from losing weight too fast, but rather making sure that we are re-programming our ability to make good choices. The Dr. who designed the plan doesn't want it to be a diet, he wants it to be a life change.

Even at the all-inclusive "no rules on food, I'm on vacation" buffet, I found myself making great choices, like,"first trip through, try a plate of that wonderful freshfruit. Do I really want deep-fried when I could have asparagus?" And I just avoided the bread table altogether.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:36 PM   #17  
Mommy of 6, 4, almost 1!!

S/C/G: 194.6/179.2/155

Height: 5'1"

We soooo creamed the red team and left them in our dust!!
Old 01-25-2010, 08:32 PM   #18  
ars
looking for onederland

S/C/G: 300/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Woo hoo! Way to go Blue Team!!!!

Congrats to our biggest losers this week! I couldn't wait to get home today to see how we all did!

I had an interesting exchange with one of my co-workers at lunch time. She is doing WW, and is doing awesome...you can see the weight loss on her already and I told her so today (I don't know exactly, but I'd guess she had maybe 20 pounds to lose at most). Anyway, she said we're really doing it this time, really making a change, the kind of change that sticks for life. It made me happy. I only hope we continue on the right course!

One of the best things to come out of my new habits is that I find it much easier to wake up in the morning. I mean, I actually get out of bed, can take my time to shower, dress, and eat breakfast. Before, I was hitting snooze non-stop...now it's only once or twice. And I'm getting to work on time, instead of 5 minutes late!
Old 01-25-2010, 10:12 PM   #19  
50 is the new 40!

S/C/G: 165/165/140

Height: All of 5ft Tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoupfamily View Post
We soooo creamed the red team and left them in our dust!!
Because of team members like you!

@ Ars..One of the best things to come out of my new habits is that I find it much easier to wake up in the morning. I mean, I actually get out of bed, can take my time to shower, dress, and eat breakfast. Before, I was hitting snooze non-stop...now it's only once or twice. And I'm getting to work on time, instead of 5 minutes late!

That's the beauty of weight loss and how it affects our bodies. More energy, more motivations, etc.,.........You are doing great Ars, keep it up!
Old 01-25-2010, 10:14 PM   #20  
50 is the new 40!

S/C/G: 165/165/140

Height: All of 5ft Tall

NELLA!!!!!!!!!!!! You rock

@Diva and Echo.......... Miss you! Where are my peeps?
Old 01-25-2010, 11:05 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 235/150.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Congrats Blue team and to our biggest losers!

Ok ladies I'm thinking about trying spaghetti squash. What am I looking for when I pick one out and how do I cook it.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:15 PM   #22  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

dream - I cut them in 1/2 lengthwise, place them cut side down in about 1/4 inch of water in a casserole dish, and microwave them. about 10 minutes. I then let them cool a bit, use a fork to shred them up and freeze anything I dont use in small portions that are easy to thaw and throw in little meals. Picking them.... I dont have any real method besides checking out the price. I cant wait to hear what others respond!

So, although I didnt go tonight (sick) I did commit to another 6 weeks of bootcamp. I will have a loss next week, and the week after, and the week after. No doubt. I'm pumped.

Off to get a good nights sleep. Hope you all are having a great night.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:01 AM   #23  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Default What a Team!!!!

Congratulations Winners (& Losers)

Very proud of our team. I've helped a little, but my eating is still not good, eating poorly - mostly comfort foods - and don't worry, I don't intend to comfort myself indefinitely. I will come around. Still working through my grief in poetry, this time to thank all those who reached out and touched me. You can read it here,

http://www.facebook.com//profile.php...&id=1531509773

and thank you to those who read before and were so sweet to express an interest.

Keep up the good work team!!!!

Dora
Old 01-26-2010, 07:55 AM   #24  
Lionel's Beautiful

Height: 5'3

For spaghetti squash I cut in half and then I boil them until it's fork tender. I also heard that you can roast them in a pan in the oven.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:58 AM   #25  
Low carber :)

S/C/G: 223/212/size 6

Height: 64 inches

Good morning team. I can not believe I have a hangover off two diet lemon aids and vodka. Yikes. I have not had vodka in years and wont again.

Yesterday I took a 30 min walk on the treadmill in the therashoes. I had to go slower than normal but wow wow wow. I felt it in my butt, hips and low abs.

Dora just so you are eating hun! Hugs and prayers

Excuse this not being real personal but I swear hitting the keys is LOUD!!!!!!! I think I may want to crawl in a hole today! TTYL!
Old 01-26-2010, 09:07 AM   #26  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Good morning ladies!!!

I'm making coffee and reading up on posts! I'm taking time out today to do some personals. I miss doing them when I don't have time! Anyhoo, Congrats to our biggest losers Weebles!!! Nella, Turning30 and Shoupfamily!!! Great!!!

Well, I made it to Onederland, and yes, it feels great to be here! Then a day later I was 198.0. Wow! Then today I'm 203.0, one day after that! Uggh!!! Guess I'm about to ride the dang cotton pony thing soon. LOL! So I will use the lowest for the week when weigh in comes. Why do we have to have the stupid curse!!!

Weebles, Congrats on Biggest Lossser!!! So I guess I need to re-enter Onederland with you this week? So frustrating!!

dayone, Glad you've had a fun week! How does Onederland feel when you finally get away from 200ville for good?

Turning30, Great job losing!! Sorry, I know nothing about South Beach.

Michelle, Don't worry, I hate showing gains too but it'll come right back off too! :

Mageorge, Yay! Now you get graphics!! They didn't do that to us when I started years ago. They are fun!! Congrats!!

Cat, Woohoo! Great to plan ahead! I should do that more myself!

Nixmom, Yay! Onederland!!! I'm right there with you!! Feels good huh? Oooh and bootcamp sounds funnnn!!!!

Sue, Hiya!! You are where I am too!! Well, was for a day. I hate periods. Reeeeally not fair. Well, it'll be over in a week then I have 3 weeks to lose again!! Oh yeah, and a big congrats about hitting 100 lbs down!! When I get to 177 I'm down that too!

Isabella, Did you lock up that cake?? It'll be calling your name by noon!!! Cake is scary. I used to eat 4 big pieces for dinner when we had leftovers. That was a long time ago, Thank God I don't do that anymore!!! Congrats on locking it away! I just get it outta the house.

ars, That's great that your positive changes are helping you in many ways. We don't realize it til we notice it happening. If someone had told me that eating right, getting a little more exercise would help me wake up better in the morning, I would have said, Yeah, sure. But in truth, I see it too for me. Congrats!!! It's great when you can really FEEL the changes, huh?

Hiya to babygrant! Hey to Mercy! Hello to Hsmom! Hi Diva! And hi to all the bluezers; sorry if I missed anyone!!

Does anyone know how many we have left since the very beginning? How many bluezers we have lost? It's usually about the same every year. I was just wondering. So happy we are all still here!!!

Hugs to each of you, have a great OP day!!!
Selina
Old 01-26-2010, 09:26 AM   #27  
not looking back

S/C/G: 196/150

Height: 5'7

Good Morning Ladies!!

I am having a twist on this week, I did a freebie last week but I think I need someone to kick me. I need to have lost 2.5 pounds in order to reach my goal for January...that is 5 days! Wish me luck!!!
Old 01-26-2010, 09:36 AM   #28  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning Ladies. Hope the sun is shining where you are!! It certainly isn't here where I'm at.

Congrats to our Blue Team and our Biggest Losers!! You all rock!!

Oh well. Just wanted to pop in. Was in Philly last week at DD's. Had a good time. But glad to get back home too.

Back to work after a week off. Trying to get caught up. I'll check back in later.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:40 AM   #29  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Ooops!!

I forgot these!!

Dream-Spaghetti squash sounds interesting!!! I wanna make that southwest soup, has chicken, corn and tomatoes, etc.??

Dora, You are a wonderful poet!! Wow, wayyy better than I could do!!!

Hiya to bbybear too!! Hiya to Susan and Laurie too!

So sorry! I'd made notes on 4 sticky notes and found I forgot this one! LOL!

Hugs! Selina

Last edited by Soon2BFitChick; 01-26-2010 at 09:45 AM.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:13 AM   #30  
Making Progress!

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

Soon2B, haha, I don't know if I'm solidly in onederland just yet. I think I could quite easily get back up to 200. I'm hoping that getting myself to the gym every day will inspire me enough to not slip back into old habits!

I am trying something a bit new, going a bit south beach... Not sure if it's a mistake, but I fancy doing something different. I have done similar (Atkins) before, years ago, and the losing weight part was so so easy (I got down to 160 pounds) , it's just maintaining that was impossible (although I think I just fell firmly off the wagon rather than trying to adapt the diet to "real life" and maintain).

I still have to do my exercise for today. Gogogogogooooo!