Old 01-06-2010, 11:03 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 235/150.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Diva- Why is it that men feel the need to do that?! Way to go on resisting his efforts.

Chiquita-Today is a new day! Good for you chosing to take advantage of it. Are you suppose to get the winds with your snow. Here they were talking 5-8 with 25mph winds, then tomorrow the temps are suppose to be below zero.

thinnerby-I couldn't believe the weigh in either, they all were very impressive and to think that the losing team lost a combined 46lbs and that wasn't enough was unreal.

Dayone-I too am a bawler, last season was aweful. So far this season I've held it together

Maryshady-I like the new pic! Glad to hear your bday was a good one.

Angela-that sucks that you lost your post.

Well my morning hasn't gone as planned but I guess what can you expect with a little one. I had hoped to go to the gym with the dh but he woke up with a backache (or so he says ). So I decided that after DS laid down for his morning nap I'd squeeze in a trip to the gym. Got em to sleep laid him in his bed and poof wide awake. Guess I'll have to settle for his help while I work out. Have you ever tried to do yoga with a lil one hanging on your pant leg, let me tell you its quite a challenge. Anyways I best update my food and exercise log. Everyone have a POP day!
Old 01-06-2010, 11:12 AM   #77  
ars
looking for onederland

S/C/G: 300/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

@dayoneagain - I'm also surprised more people aren't participating in the last chance workout! It's so easy!

Walking = cardio...I know you guys can walk! Put on some hopping music and walk in place or around the block for 30 minutes. Grab a heavy objects if you don't have any weights and do some strength training with it while you walk. Ab focus doesn't have to be sit-ups or crunches or other typical stuff, you can find beginner belly dancing videos on youtube. Teach yourself a few of the moves, then put on some music and dance like no one is watching. Try it, your abs will be more than worked!

Walking - Leslie Sansone 1 Mile Walk (20 minutes):
Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UebExP3IL5Y
Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woscIGs3Du4
Part 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fmBAYAM6xU

I hope everyone is making it through the mid-week crunch! I like Wednesdays, it's my day off of work. Of course, I'm also SUPER lazy on my days off. Not today! I'm going to do some cardio and strength training later - I have a few errands to run this morning, don't want to get all sweated up before I go out in public, LOL. I weigh daily first thing in the morning and had a GREAT unexpected number on the scale this morning, especially considering I am days before that bothersome TOM visits.

Last edited by ars; 01-06-2010 at 11:14 AM.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:13 AM   #78  

Morning,
Just checking in and saying hi. Had a good OP day yesterday.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:12 PM   #79  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Dream - The snow is supposed to start this evening and stop at some point tomorrow. The weather people say it's supposed to be light and fluffy and dry so it'll be good drifting snow. We're supposed to have the 25 mph winds too and temps in the mid teen's. Then it's gonna get really cold. I hate winter.

Diva - My FH does the same thing to me. I could choke him sometimes!!!

I watched TBL and did 20 minutes on the eliptical while watching it. That seemed to work out pretty well so I think I'll try it several times during the week. On the other days I think I'll just march up and down the stairs and do stuff like maybe jumping jacks, squats, etc. That sounds like something I can do while watching TV.

Well, better get busy once again. Be back later.

Oh and so far so good today as far as eating!! Yea.

Last edited by chiquita623; 01-06-2010 at 12:14 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:52 PM   #80  
50 is the new 40!

S/C/G: 165/165/140

Height: All of 5ft Tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
I thought your post yesterday was funny. But yeah...you don't suck, even if the eating did.

So I have two days down being perfectly OP and exercising. it's funny to me that before I rededicated myself, I practically had to BEG for some dang chocolate up in this house, and now that he KNOWS I am once again "trying"; he brings me home two GIANT, KING sized Kit-kats and a pint of ice cream last night....Hmmmmmm wanna sabotage my efforts much? Want to keep my Fat and in my shell much??? Anyways, I told him I am keeping my perfect day "perfect" and gave the ice cream to my son. I put the Kit-klats away for TOM because that's usually the one time a month I splurge because well, it's TOM! LOL!

Have a great day girls!
Throw those kit-kats away!!!!!!!! Sis, you don't need them, btw ice cream would have been a better choice health wise, at least you would have gotten 1 serving of dairy out of it.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:08 PM   #81  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Mercy - I like the way you think!!!!!
Old 01-06-2010, 01:37 PM   #82  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Just popping in to say hi before I start work- Mercy, I also like your thinking
Old 01-06-2010, 01:44 PM   #83  
50 is the new 40!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiquita623 View Post
Mercy - I like the way you think!!!!!
Thank you ! It's prolly because we are both from Il. I'm originally from Evanston
Old 01-06-2010, 02:29 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Workouts done, healthy eating is on plan.

I had a bit of a scare last night......I posted about in in the food forum. I dropped my pepsi addiction and adopted crystal light. I had been having heart palpitations for a couple of weeks now...never thought anything of it. I usually have one crystal light package a day...yesterday I had three. I was sitting watching TBL with DH and I started having heart palpitations, deep deep chest pain, felt nauseated, and was super super super sweaty. I thought I was having a heart attack or something! I told DH I do NOT feel right. After chugging a whole bunch of water and had an epson salt bath and I felt better. I did cal the nurses help line and they agreed that it sounded like a reaction to the aspartame.....but to go to the hospital if anything happened. So yeah, this morning I feel 10000 times better.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:13 PM   #85  
A Mom on a Mission!

S/C/G: 162/143/130

Height: 5'3

Hi Everyone! Having a rough week this week! My baby is getting her first tooth. She has been so fussy, which makes me stressed! And unfortunately I have given-in to my bad habits of overeating to deal with stress. According to the scale this morning, I am UP a pound so far this week. I have been exercising this week, which has been a positive, but overall I'm frustrated and upset with myself. I will try to get back on track right now--saying I will get back on track tomorrow is another one of my bad habits! Spaghetti squash with tomatoes, basil and low-fat feta for dinner! I will try to work hard between now and Sunday so not to let down the team at weigh-in. I work the next 4 days, and right now, work days are actually less stressful than home days.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:53 PM   #86  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hello Blue Team.

Dayoneagain
, thanks for reminding everyone to join up on the last chance challenge. I'm on there but I'd totally forgotten about the 1 pound advantage. So come on everyone. You can all take a few minutes to do your exercises and another few seconds to post them.

Chiquita, sucky days come but they go. Hope your day was suckless today.

Diva, Kitkats Husbands/Significant Others
They just don't get it all the time. But ya gotta love them, anyway.

Smith, just do a few minutes of exercise today or tomorrow and then add it it each day and before you know you'll be the exercise queen.

Ah, Dream, those precious baby days won't last long. Just wait until your boy becomes a teenager and he won't even acknowledge your his mother. Anyway, just think of the DS as an extra weight around your ankles.

Ars, WTG on your scale victory this morning. And great advice about getting moving.

Hi Bigmid.

Babygrant, so glad your feeling better today. Personally, I stay away from all fake sugars. They all leave a horrible aftertaste. I like a little of the real stuff.

Turning30, teething can be frustrating for sure. Our darling GS just cut his first 2 teeth in December and he'd been teething since he was 2 months old. You can do this now.

Mary, good job on your birthday. Everyone should have at least a little piece of cake on their bd and you, my dear, did wonderfully well with portion control.

Hi Mercy. I think we're having Florida weather way up here in Newfoundland. So warm and balmy at about 40 degrees. It's all relative.

Angee, so nice to meet you. Come and post as often as you can.

Weeble, so sorry about that accident you had. Don't feel bad about letting the team down. We have all had medical or personal problems that sidetrack us for awhile. Have a great vacation and come back rejuvenated to lose that weight.

Angela, you've been struck by the "Post Gobbler."

Iconized Ghost
, did you see the Biggest Loser last night? I wasn't sure what you were asking me but I watch the US Biggest Loser on cable. I'm on the East Coast of Canada so the time is later in the day for me where I live. I watched 3 seasons of The Biggest Loser Australia online last year when I didn't have cable and really enjoyed the series from down under. Do you see the Australian version as well as the American?

I watched TBL last night but fell asleep the last 10 or 15 minutes so I'm not sure yet who went home. I asked on the BL thread so as not to spoil the show for anyone here who hasn't seen it yet. We had a power outage yesterday from 2:50-8:00 pm. An electrical pole cracked off at the top putting us all in eventual darkness. I was worried the power would be off all night but came on well before TBL came on here (9:30). DH and I dined by candlelight on PB&J sandwiches. So romantic. hahaha.

Have a good day/night everyone.

Last edited by retiredone; 01-06-2010 at 05:14 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:31 PM   #87  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

retiredone: i didnt see it last night the series being showed here i think is season 6- the previous couples series. Its the first American one I've watched, and I have to say I hate Jilian with a passion We are more up to date with the Australian one i think, just finished the last series and i really enjoyed it- loved the trainers too (much better than jilian "i can scream louder than you can" mitchells ). Its probable we wont get the rights to show the latest american series until after the middle of the year, so I'm trying to watch it online. Someone recommended hulu.com but they dont have any episodes up yet
Old 01-06-2010, 05:54 PM   #88  
Making Progress!

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

I love Jillian. She is such a badass. My favourite thing is when she uses herself as a weight for her team to carry haha

Also, I am starting to panic a little bit about my first weigh-in (Friday). I put on 5lbs over the holidays so my official BL start weight is 197 but my actual weight last Friday was 202. I've worked so hard so am hoping I won't have "put on" lbs from 197, but 5lbs in one week is a lot! I guess I just want to apologise in advance if my first week looks rubbish.

Last edited by dayoneagain; 01-06-2010 at 05:58 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:49 PM   #89  
50 is the new 40!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredone View Post
Hello Blue Team.
[B]

Hi Mercy. I think we're having Florida weather way up here in Newfoundland. So warm and balmy at about 40 degrees. It's all relative.

Have a good day/night everyone.
Yes it is, but.........We don't have winter clothes in these parts lol, I have been living in my sweats
Old 01-06-2010, 07:03 PM   #90  
50 is the new 40!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconised Ghost View Post
Just popping in to say hi before I start work- Mercy, I also like your thinking
Thank you Ms. Ghost