Old 01-04-2010, 12:52 PM   #16  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning Fellow Bluesers. Sosrry I've been MIA for the past week but we've been finishing up the holiday gatherings with family. Yesterday was the last one - YEA!!!!

To introduce myself: I'm Laurie or Chiquita or whatever you want to call me. I'm not real picky. I'm 53 yo, engaged to FH and we have 11 grandkids between us and 5 kiddos. Planning on getting married on 10-23-10 so I'd really like to lose 20 pounds by then. I just rejoined WW again and am hoping that along with this challenge will give me enough accountability that I can actually do it and keep it off. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten down to the low 170's only to regain it again. I'm getting fed up with that pattern and am determined to break it and get a new pattern in its place.

I may not post every day but always remember that I do check the threads daily so I try to keep up with all of you. Not so great at personals but I will try.

Going to check out the exercise and nutritional threads. I'll be back later.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:04 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 220/193/155

Height: 5'7"

Hello ladies, I hope you're having a great Monday!

It's raining here but I still saw a lot of people on my early morning walk, I guess it's all those new year's resolutions that are still going on...

Many of you are experienced and have done many challenges here. Isabella, one of the experienced ones , mentioned that usually a lot of people drop out and do not stay until the end. That's sad, I do too hope that all os us that signed up this time will do this all the way.

But I think it's the same phenomenon everywhere, if you go to the gym this time of year, it's so crowded but after a month or so, not so much. Or how it was in school, the first weeks in the semester it was almost impossible to find a seat in the classroom or a parking spot. But not so much after a while...

For me personally it could be a risk to not go through with this challenge until May, so one of the habits to change and one of the challenges for me will be to really stick to the end.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:24 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

WOOOOOOO HOO. Off to a GREAT start!!!

School is back in so my oldest son went to school this morning, and then I brought my little guy to preschool. Got home, used the home gym for 20 minutes, then did a workout on the biggest loser Wii!!! YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I feel great.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:31 PM   #19  
Making Progress!

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

Hey guys, today has been tough! I have been studying solidly all day which is one my major triggers for craving sugar. Have managed to stick to my plan though, so yippee!

Planning to do my Ab Focus workout for the exercise accountability thread in a bit. Been so long since I've done sit-ups I might struggle a bit. Is it stupid that I'm actually excited about it?

Hope everyone is feeling good!
Old 01-04-2010, 02:01 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayoneagain View Post
Hey guys, today has been tough! I have been studying solidly all day which is one my major triggers for craving sugar. Have managed to stick to my plan though, so yippee!

Planning to do my Ab Focus workout for the exercise accountability thread in a bit. Been so long since I've done sit-ups I might struggle a bit. Is it stupid that I'm actually excited about it?

Hope everyone is feeling good!
What are you studying?

Could you keep a small bowl of mixed nuts or something or a couple of mints to suck on when your studying.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:05 PM   #21  
Making Progress!

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygrant View Post
What are you studying?

Could you keep a small bowl of mixed nuts or something or a couple of mints to suck on when your studying.
I'm halfway through my Masters in Management.

Problem with nuts is that a handful is never enough and more than that blows my calories. I did have a banana halfway through the morning to keep my sugar levels up but it doesn't seem to take the edge off. It's as if my brain knows it's good for me, so it's not good enough.

Totally forgot about mints, how silly! Thanks
Old 01-04-2010, 03:05 PM   #22  
50 is the new 40!

S/C/G: 165/165/140

Height: All of 5ft Tall

[QUOTE]Diva
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

Where's Echo, Mercy, Nella, Nixmom?????? Get your butts in here!

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack!

Sis, I am so excited for this. I just went to the gym and upped my membership, which will now include tanning and the massage chair for free. I needed another reason to go to the gym and I found it. So off I go!

Miss you guys
Old 01-04-2010, 03:25 PM   #23  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Red face Hey Blue Team!

I had a long rambling post planned out in which I was going to grovel for forgiveness for abandoning the team, but then I had an epiphany: No one should have to apologize for things they can't control.

I'm still upset that I had to give up the challenge (and there's and explanation at the bottom of this message if you care about "why"), but I think sometimes we're our own worst critics, and my epiphany was in regards to that. I'm trying to encourage postive self-talk instead of negative. Prior to my leaving there were times when team members weighed-in with a gain and they felt they had to apologize to the team. Yes, one of the benefits of being on a team is accountability, but you shouldn't have to apologize for life happening. (I'm completely mangling this, aren't I? I'll stop with the psycho-babble and get on with the explanation now)

Why I Abandoned my Team During the Last Challenge

I've suffered with PCOS, fibroids and related female ailments for almost 18 years. In September everything suddenly became worse, along with massive back and leg pain. The pain was so bad that I was constantly drugged up, barely able to function, and eventually had to give up even recreational walking, running was completely out of the question. (And since my laptop died in Aug, I didn't feel up to sitting at a desk to check in.) I had a severe allergic reaction to one of the meds I was taking, which resulted in being covered in hives, practially head to toe, for 3 weeks. I had to take steriods to combat the hives, which led to weight gain, which led to depression, etc. Finally, after several tests and (painful) scans, I was told I had 2 large fibroid tumors, one of which was positioned against my spine causing the worst of the pain. My doctor recommended an outpaient procedure that would remove the tumors. However, it takes a month or more to get into see the surgeon, and by the time my appointment arrived, the tumors had grown. My only option, due to the positioning, was a hysterectomy. So on Dec 22nd I had a total hysterectomy, and now I'm once again a function human being. The tumors were the size of a grapefruit and an orange and were compressing nerves, or something. (Honestly, at that point in the Dr.'s explanation I was still a little dopey.) There was another itchy allergic reaction to a different pain med while I was in the hospital (apparently I'm a morphine-only kinda girl), but other than that, it was easy.

For anyone who might be on the fence about having a hysterectomy if you have these type of issues: Go for it. Losing my ability to possibly produce offspring (I have no biological children) was a small tradeoff for being gloriously pain-free once again.

So I'm back (still slightly puffier from the meds and anethesia), if only as a cheerleader, but I survived and I'm looking forward to being able to run and lift again.

I really missed you all and thought about you often, even if I didn't drag my sorry tush out of bed to post.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:56 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixied View Post
For anyone who might be on the fence about having a hysterectomy if you have these type of issues: Go for it. Losing my ability to possibly produce offspring (I have no biological children) was a small tradeoff for being gloriously pain-free once again.
Hugs x 1000.

I have a question, off topic to our biggest loser conversations, but did you ever try an ablation? I have horrific periods and the gyno wants to try an ablation before a hysterectomy.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:40 PM   #25  
Just for today

S/C/G: 328.8/301.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Heyo Blue Team!

Yesterday I took the day off from exercising because of my stitches. But I got out for my jogging and uphill walking today...I thought I was gonna DIE, lol. But I feel great and I'm SO GLAD that I did it! I go back to work tomorrow, I work part time in a big electronics store, and staying on plan there can be tough. Just because of all the junk food and being in the break room sorta promotes bad eating habits with all the free junk food. Blah...but I'll be fine. Tomorrow will go just fine hehe.

I have to say, I can't wait to get my stitches removed! Then I can go back to being active!

To dixied...MANY HUGS TO YOU!!!
Old 01-04-2010, 05:02 PM   #26  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygrant View Post
Hugs x 1000.

I have a question, off topic to our biggest loser conversations, but did you ever try an ablation? I have horrific periods and the gyno wants to try an ablation before a hysterectomy.
No, but that's what my primary doctor was advising before we found out how big the tumors were and I that had other issues that would have made ablation difficult (uterus pointed east, cervix pointed west ). I have a co-worker who had an ablation and it solved 99% of her issues. If you can go that route, I hear it's pain free and a quick recovery.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:34 PM   #27  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Dixied, so glad you are feeling much better. I had a partial hysterectomy in my late 30s for the same reason. I didn't have pain in other parts of my body like you did but my periods were torrential and as painful as having a baby. The best thing I ever did. I knew only something drastic would have taken you away from the team.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:04 PM   #28  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to jump in and say hello, I was on holiday until yesterday so I've missed the previous chat. Hope everyone is doing well and over coming the challenges that they have been facing.

Thought I better introduce myself too. I'm Iconised Ghost, 22 years old, trying to finish my masters in health psych. No kids, one cat Molly I live in Auckland, NZ, and am currently enjoying the summer weather and procrastinating on my thesis. My weightloss goal was 65kg, but I'm probably going to move ti to around 58-60kg when I get there. I'm hoping this challenge gets me there. I just came off a long, 10 month ish plateau and now that ive figured out how to break it im ready to get going again
Old 01-04-2010, 06:31 PM   #29  
50 is the new 40!

S/C/G: 165/165/140

Height: All of 5ft Tall

[QUOTE=dixied;3074228]I had a long rambling post planned out in which I was going to grovel for forgiveness for abandoning the team, but then I had an epiphany: No one should have to apologize for things they can't control.

I for one was one of those who was very disappointed when you abandoned the team, as I was new to this site and had expected more. What I should have done was expect of more from myself than to judge somebody for leaving not knowing the reasons.

I am glad that you are back, but most importantly that you are back healthy.

That's the most important attribute that we can have, so welcome back again and I hope that we hear from you more often.

Liz
Old 01-04-2010, 07:14 PM   #30  
tonya

S/C/G: 228.5/228.5/140

Height: 5'5

Hello everyone I hope everbody had a great on diet plan day!!! It' back to work for me tomorrow(ugh)after being off so long and I know those kids will be wired up. Well I am goin to dust off my elliptical and use it I don't know how long I can stay on it but something is better than nothing.