Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 05-12-2006, 01:26 PM   #1  
Chrissy

S/C/G: 166/152/140

Height: 5'9"

Default Question about cellulite

Hi. I am wondering if anyone has had a decrease in their cellulite from weight/stregth training. I read a few articles online that said building muscle can decrease it. I have always had a problem with this even as a teenager and being thin. However I never did weight or stregth training. Does anyone know of website where they have before/after pictures concerning this that I could look to for motivation? Thanks for reading my post.

Chrissy
kindred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 11:12 PM   #2  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

Here is a brief description of what causes cellulite.

If your body is storing large amounts of body fat, it needs some sort of structure to support the fat. It sets up a network of protein strands (called 'collagen') that weave through the fat stores, and attach to the skin. The tension of the collagen strands can pull the skin inwards. This gives the dimpling effect that can be a problem on the thighs or arms of females, or the stomachs of males. This combination of body fat stores and supporting fibres is called Cellulite.

Not only is exercise important to try to rid your body of your cellulite, but your nutrition is too. Drink plenty of water, eat foods rich in fibre, avoid salty foods, choose foods low in fat. Essentially, you need to lower your body fat to combat cellulite.

I personally believe that with the correct diet and exercise (including weight training) you can get rid of cellulite to a certain extent. Cardio alone will not help, you need to build muscle.

The first name that comes to mind is Joyce Vedral. Reading her book there are comments made by her about strength training and reduced cellulite and she is her own success story. She does have a website joycevedral dot com but it is limited to what you can see without being a member. Have a look for one of her books at your library. Definition or Bottoms Up would be a good start.
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote