Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-20-2006, 09:27 AM   #1  
Tori

S/C/G: 166/153/140

Height: 5'4"

Default OKAY Curves Girls...Where are ya!

How is eveyone doing? Still curvin'?

I am still going 3x a week while supplementing my workouts with preventions DVD Butt, Buns and Thighs. I did a self measurement this weekend and have lost another .5 inches in the hips and and I finally have lost .5 inches in my thighs.

Come on lets motivate each other!

Tori
tori34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:16 AM   #2  
Success will be mine!

S/C/G: 194/184/137

Thumbs up Wow!!!!!

Good for you Tori34
I have dieted pretty much my entire life and I hate exercise but what I did realize is that exercise is what I need to do or I will never have the body that I want. This is my 3rd week of Curves and I'm also on their plan and I feel great!!! I have to weigh in tonight and I don't get my measurements done 'til next week.
You're right we all need modivation to keep going..it is so easy to slip...for me that usually means and down hill spiral and it's hard to get back up. That is why I'm here. I guess I need the motivation and the feeling that there are other people out there that are truckin' along just like me. Yes, I am one of those people that has a friendship circle of skinny people and I don't feel they quite relate to me considering I don't recall any of them ever going on a diet... Do I sound bitter? TeeHee...
Congradulations and keep going
Curvier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 02:48 PM   #3  

I'm still going to curves 3 days a week. I've been going to womens work out world on my off days. I like to do the cardio machines there like the elliptical and treadmills.

I'm the biggest looser at my curves now at 48 inches lost!

I'm getting a bit fustrated at how expensive it is at $39 a month with limited equipment.
Valerie Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 03:18 PM   #4  
Tori

48 inches! WOW and CONGRATS! That is wonderful.

I think after I have been there a while I may get tired of the same thing. I don't know. I try to do other things on my off days from curves to mix it up some becuase I know I couldn't do the same thing all the time on the same machines.

Do you find you have to work out harder the more you lose? I guess you probably do since you get yourself in better and better shape

Anyway, keep up the good work!
Old 02-20-2006, 04:12 PM   #5  
DIVA

I am still curving it!!! I lost another 8.8 inches overall for a total of 15.7 inches and 22 pounds!!!

I love Curves for the sames reasons - I am getting results and it is quick! I don't think I will ever get tired of Curves because I don't have time to go to a full gym and I don't like to workout that much. Once I workout I feel great and I keep going back but I don't need the "Ballys" atmosphere to feel like I am getting a good workout.

I love my CURVES!!!
Curves4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 04:25 PM   #6  

I'm still curving going on 6 weeks. Lots nine inches and 5 pounds. Wish the weight was more but I know it is going to take time.
ldodgejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 06:57 PM   #7  
Tori

Hi all..I weighed today while at Curves (I weigh every Monday) and I was down another pound - Yeah! I am averaging a pound a week

I am so happy~
Old 02-21-2006, 09:29 AM   #8  

I've been going to Curves for about 6 weeks, and I go 3 or 4x per week. At my weigh-in on Feb 9, I'd lost 6 lbs and 14 inches.

Even though I think I need more cardio exercise than Curves provides, I feel really comfortable there -- more so than other women-only gyms I've tried. So I will definitely keep going.
fruitster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 09:40 AM   #9  
Big Momma!

Height: 5,2

I gained back uhg. !!
iam ticket right off......doing the same as I been and gained back???!!!

I startet to walk 2 miles while Iam there we will see if its working.!!!
Jasmin71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 09:53 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 237/233/145

I just discovered 3FC a couple of days ago, and I am joining Curves next week. They're having a special that you don't have to pay the $150 start up fee, so I'm going to grab it. It's like 2 minutes away from my house, so I figure it'll be kind of hard to come up with excuses not to go! Hopefully, this works out for me. I am so tired of being fat. My goal is to be down to 150lbs by the time I graduate from San Diego State University; because unfortunately, I could be passed over for a great job because of the way I look.

Anyway, I will probably be posting on here more when I finally start Curves.
Wish me luck!
Sara
San Diego
Marinelvr80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 03:53 PM   #11  
Tori

Hi all...

Marinelvr80 - Good for you signing up for curves. I really like it and if you just go the first time it is not bad...I am one of those people scared of new things and I am not an exercise buff.

I have been to Curves 4 times this week I usually weigh in on Mondays to chart my progress but I couldn't help myself - scales were down another 3 pounds but I am not to count them just yet...Hopefully monday's weigh-in will be the same or less.

I am able to actually feel the muscles in my arms and thighs now.. and that feels like progress to me!

Keep up the good work everyone..and post your accomplisments!
Old 03-02-2006, 05:09 PM   #12  
Gonna win the battle!!

S/C/G: 226/213/130

Default Just started curves

I just signed up tuesday, Had my 1st work out last night and I am going back tonight. So far I really like it! It seems to be a really good work out. I can't wait to see results. I am also changing my diet and the amount I eat. I am starting out @ 221 but my home scale says 226. I want to get to 130. Good luck everyone!
ladybugfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:56 PM   #13  

Good luck ladybug!
Valerie Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 09:10 PM   #14  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

I'm a big Curves fan too! I've been going 3x a week for 2 years and 4 months now and I've lost 33 lbs. Of course, I'm watching what I eat too.

I had been stalled out with my weight loss lately, so I've started walking on my treadmill for 20 min. on days I don't do Curves. I'd like to walk more outdoors but I have an old foot injury and my foot can go "out" without warning - so I worry about walking too far from home. I really love it that Curves is a low impact workout and I've gained a lot of strength in my arms and legs.

When I started out I had a 'frozen' shoulder due to mastectomy surgery. Now I have full range of motion in that arm.
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 08:36 AM   #15  
Big Momma!

Height: 5,2

the big showdown today getting my weigh-in ..after all the walking on top of the Curves .......

let ya know when I get back......hoping I lost some weight !!!!!
Jasmin71 is offline   Reply With Quote