Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2001, 08:18 PM   #1  

Talking 200 in 2001 (7-20 & beyond)

This is a lovely group of people with the goal of wanting to be at (or around) 200 by the end of 2001 . Join on in .
Old 07-20-2001, 08:37 PM   #2  

Boy I have missed alot lately . What with the grandbabies living here I haven't had much time to be on-line .

Melissa , Sally , Ellie , Robin , & Ruby , welcome to the group . Some of you are probably thinking ," man she's slow . I've been posting a couple of weeks ". I've been posting here for awhile , but have hit a major hiccup in my life .

Two of my four grandchildren came for a 2 week visit on June 1st . When it came time for them to go home , we found out they were homeless . This isn't the first time poor babies . So now my 22 year old son is going to try to get permanent custody of his kids . They are 3 1/2 & 5 1/2 . The mother has only called them 3 times , the last time being July 1st . Nice mother , huh . The kids have barely mentioned her . Christopher (5) thinks his mom doesn't like him , which i've tried to assure him isn't true . As you all can imagine , it's been heck trying to stay on the plan with 2 little ones around . I had a hard enough time before . I am truely enjoying them being here .

Dora , i'm very proud of you . I takes alot of guts to go back . I really haven't lost any weight in a year but still keep going . I know I would gain back every ounce . It's amazing how hard it is to take off , but goes back on in record time .

I expect a gain this week . I missed my last meeting , as I went on my annual trip with my friends to the ocean . I had a great time , but it was cold . I really miss Hawaii . I can go back in around 34 more months , but who's counting .

TaTa for now . Kathy
Old 07-20-2001, 10:14 PM   #3  
MAKING IT THIS TIME!!

Hi everyone.. thanks for all the support. Well tomorrow morning will tell the tale. I really don't feel like I have lost anything this week, but I know you can't go by that either.... and I refuse to get on my scale at home just to see if I did or not. Scared it might be up I will let you know. Thanks for the yummy chili recipe.. Sounds really good..
Hi Kathy.. glad to get to know you and thanks for the welcome.
Ellie
Old 07-22-2001, 03:29 PM   #4  

Hi y'all

Well as expected , I had a gain , a 3 pounder . I have managed to slowly creep up about 8 pounds over the last year . My pledge now is to get back to business & return to journaling & posting my weight stats at the bottom of my posts . Yesterday was my typical blow it saturday . But so far today has been on point .

Ellie , it's good to only weigh in at weight watchers . Our weight fluctuates from day to day . Weighing once a week gives you a good average . I got rid of my scale years ago . I would weigh myself many times a day . Then I would get upset , eat , etc...

Have a great week everyone .

Kathy 344.7/246.6/185
Old 07-24-2001, 10:36 AM   #5  
Senior Tortoise

Hi, all. It sure got quiet there. Everyone still around?

Kathy, you can take the weight off. You've got a lot going on in your life right now -- but on the other hand, when *don't* we have a lot going on? You can do it! How's the journaling going? That's such an important step.

Ellie, how did it go?

How is everyone else?

On my home scales in the morning, I'm down 1.5 pounds for the week. Tonight is my WW meeting (unless I have to work late, in which case I'll have to postpone it). I walked three miles on Saturday (outside), which felt great. It really helps my stress levels, now that all three of our jobs (DH has two jobs) are in upheaval. I would so love to take a sabbatical!

Tomorrow the heat is supposed to break. Can't wait.

Hang in there, everyone, and let us know how it's going.

--Lauren
274/218/down (morning at home weight)
Old 07-24-2001, 11:01 AM   #6  

Hi all!

Lauren: You deserve that loss at the meeting tonight, especially after walking this weekend. OMG it was hot and humid.

I stayed indoors most of the weekend. I did get out one night to clean the carpet and upholstery in my car, then I did the windows, dash, etc. early the next morning. Like it mattered which part of the day I did it, I was drenched with sweat. (Yep, it was sweat, not perspiration. It was too hot to only be perspiration. ) Seems the heat and humidity are getting more unbearable the older I get. My favorite times of the year are still what I call "Sweater Weather" (early spring and fall).

kathleen: I've been "taking on water" myself - bouncing around between a couple pounds but not actually taking any off for good. I need to sit myself down and tell myself, "No more excuses" because I think I've been using my lack of sleep as a huge excuse.

Ellie: Getting on the scale every day or so just doesn't seem to have a payoff. Be good to yourself. Concentrate on getting healthy and let WW worry about the numbers. I'm sure it'll happen for you.

Have a sunny (but not too hot) day, ladies,
2oM (Annie)
Old 07-24-2001, 01:41 PM   #7  
Senior Tortoise

Hi, Annie! I was just thinking about you. I saw your post in the other "down to 200" thread (can't remember the actual name), and I didn't realize you're from around Midland. Did I tell you I grew up there? Went to Adams elementary and Northeast junior high before moving away. I want to head back up there one of these days and see my old neighborhood. (Ardmore road, off of Swede road.)

It was hot this weekend! I found, though, that by wearing a hat and a lot of sunscreen (and shorts) I did fine. I also took some breaks -- to get something to drink, and a NF yogurt cone!

--Lauren
Old 07-24-2001, 03:55 PM   #8  

Lauren:

I'm actually about an hour away from Midland, I think everybody knows about the Midland fireworks. This coming weekend we'll be going to Bay City to see the Tall Ships. I think we will all enjoy this outing.

I took a lot of breaks in the heat this last weekend, too. It'll be great if the forecast is correct and the weather is bearable for the Tall Ships Celebration.

Sorry to cut this short. Gotta go. Will be back tomorrow. (The boss is calling. )

2oM (Annie)
Old 07-25-2001, 01:00 PM   #9  
Senior Tortoise

Hi, everyone. I lost 2.4# this week at my WW weigh-in! Some of that was the end of TOM, but I'll take it! I'm only a couple of pounds from virgin fat territory again!

Annie, let us know how the tall ships are. I meant to go see those when they came to Detroit, but it was too darn hot.

Rain at last! Pouring outside. Thank heavens.

How's everyone?

--Lauren
Old 07-25-2001, 09:11 PM   #10  

Hi everyone .

Good for you Lauren on your loss , that was even better than you thought . I'm with you on the de-stresser of walking .

I love walking & have been averaging 2 miles a night plus I walk alot at work . Unfortunately i'm having foot problems . I used to have planters effasiaitis (sp) in my right foot a long time ago . now I have it in my left heel . I'm determined I won't let it stop me . As for journaling : I just started back on it . so , i've done pretty good so far this week .

Gotta go . Kathy
Old 07-26-2001, 01:44 PM   #11  
Senior Tortoise

Kathy, way to go on all that walking! That's great!

I have lots of experience with plantar fasciitis. Are you wearing good, relatively new, supportive walking shoes? I find that if I let my shoes get too old, I run into trouble. Also, keep your hurting foot up as much as you can, and try ice on it. If you can handle anti-inflammatories (like Advil or Allieve), you should take those regularly. Otherwise, walking will just make it worse.

I had to stop walking for a while when my plantar fasciitis acted up. Hope you won't have to.

--Lauren
Old 07-26-2001, 09:06 PM   #12  

Hi Ladies,
Thought I'd jump in here instead of lurking, which doesnt get my motivated as much as actually keeping in touch with others. I've been trying to keep up the journaling, I havent ate as good as i would like to have but im starting with the journal then work on staying in my points range. I will get on my treadmill tonight I really need it my pants are just starting to bug me too much, they are just starting to get alittle tight and if i dont get back on track i will need to find bigger pants and i do not want that so i think treadmill it is then.
Take care ladies,
Hope the week is going great!
Old 07-27-2001, 11:15 AM   #13  

Hey everyone ,

Lauren thanks for the advice . I haven't taken advil very often for the foot problem . I'll have to do that . I sure would hate to give up the walking , but I do know that on the days I don't walk it gets a little better . I've had to quit wearing my Birkenstocks , that's a bummer . I've bought three pairs of shoes . The last pair is the best fitting , & I'm going to get heel pads too . When I had this in my right foot it went away sooner but I didn't walk as much .

Melissa , it's good that you know yourself well enough to prioritize . I think we try to be so perfect & do everything just right & then we blow it .

So far I was on point 4 out of 6 days . It doesn't sound great , but compared to the last few months it's great . Yesterday we had a potluck at work . I think we know about potlucks , don't we ? I praise anyone who van stay strong in the face of a good potluck . I wasn't terrible , I just wasn't great .

344.7/246.6/185 Kathy
Old 07-27-2001, 12:26 PM   #14  
Senior Tortoise

Melissa, welcome. And way to go on taking those baby steps -- starting with journaling and then trying to stay in your points. That's what always works for me, too. Just adding one thing at a time.

Kathy, look how close you are to losing 100 pounds!!! Wow!! That is awesome! You're an inspiration, especially with all that's going on in your life.

I walked 2 miles this a.m. (with a video indoors) and I think I'll also walk outdoors tonight with DH. It's so beautiful outside, and he's probably having a very stressful day today. (First day back at his stressful job.) Last night we grilled filet mignon and had salad, fruit, baked potato, and wine. We ate outside on the deck, and it was heavenly. Cool, breezy, perfect evening. I ended up 10 points over for the day! I had banked 5, so I'll make up the last 5 over the next few days, mostly through upping my exercise.

Hope you're having a good summer, Dora, Gizzi, Annie, Trilby, Robin, Melissa, Ruby, Swan, Janet, Judy ... love to hear from you.

--Lauren
Old 07-27-2001, 05:08 PM   #15  

Lauren: I'm still here, lurking. Since I don't have much of a life (I go to work, go home, and back to work again), I run out of anything different to say. Don't want to bore you.

Hope all of you ladies (and gents) have a nice weekend. You all seem to be giving it "the ol' college girl try" . . . um . . . except for the guys, of course.

Annie
Closed Thread