Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2001, 08:56 PM   #16  
That darlin' Texas gal!

Howdy all,
I'm back for a bit. Walked 4 miles this week. Better than last month, but waaaaaay down from last year. And my eating has gone out of control. Up 1.5 last week and 2.0 today. Today has been somewhat better. Tomorrow I hope to walk againin the a.m.. and maybe see if I can remember the route to the gym.

Lauren -good for you on that major drop. I gotta focus so I can catch up with you, soon.

Lissaluv -cute nickname. My size 16s aren't nearly as loose as last month. And I gave away all the bigger stuff. So, I'm with you, let's nip this thing, now.

Kathy -You're awesome to keep on track and deal with those precious little ones. I had a cool experience today. Took a meal to a bedbound mom with a 9 month old. The little one was very solemn and I told mom that the baby would be in my class at church (the "creepers"). She told me how they didn't even attend Sunday School cause the baby would just scream the whole hour. Right then, the baby gave that little "lean" towards me and let me hold her for quite some time. Even Dad was impressed. So, now these new church members may allow me to care for their child and they will have an opportunity to meet classmates and grow in the community. Made me feel blessed.

Y'all say a prayer for us. My hubby flies out to Oregon tomorrow for a Monday interview with Intel. It's a big company and good money and benefits, but I'm feeling a big ambiguous about moving from good old Round Rock. Even if it is in the 100s here lately. He's also got a bit of interest from an Arizona company. Yikes! Gila monsters and rattlers and scorpions, oh my! So far though, no offers to ponder from anyone.

We're hanging on tight!
Old 07-28-2001, 11:07 PM   #17  
WW since 4/00

Thumbs down

Hi, y'all. It's hot & humid here in Kansas. Mostly all we want to do is stay inside. Today wasn't too bad though. Went to a potluck tonight. Did NOT stay OP, but I don't think I was as bad as I would have been before I started WW.

I'm having a huge problem staying motivated. I need to journal, but I keep having these detours. Made a deal tonight with DH that when I make goal we'll go away for a 3-day weekend, just the two of us - NOT his hometown, NOT to see his kids, NOT to visit a historical site. I think he was relieved when he heard it'd likely take me at least 10 months to get there so he'll have time to save the money!

Also tonight I went and tried on a pair of 18 Miss just to see how close I was. I got 'em zipped & even sat down (but I stood right back up again!). I went & bought a pair of 14-16 Plus, but it was nice to know that my next goal was so close.

My first main goal was to get below 200. My second was to get out of plus sizes. My 3rd is to wear a size no larger than a 16 Miss. Ideally, I'd like to be a 14, but ...

Good luck on the job front, Dora! I know you're stomach's definitely sending you mixed signals these days.
Old 07-29-2001, 04:13 PM   #18  

Wink

Hey ladies,

Just back from the family reunion weekend from Holiday World in Indiana. It was a rough few days with very little to brag about program-wise. I'm not sure if it cost me trouble until I step on the scale tomorrow morning. I have my fingers crossed!

I did weigh in on Thursday morning after being on WW for 6 days and had a 5.4 pound weight loss. I was very proud! I hope I didn't hurt myself over the last few days. It's hard to count points when you have to eat out and there are no chain restaurants so I can check the ole dining out guide.

How is everyone else doing? I'll check in later.

Ruby
Old 07-30-2001, 11:38 AM   #19  
Senior Tortoise

Wonderful to see you folks again! Dora, don't be a stranger. I know this is a hard time, but coming here has helped me keep from gaining back all my weight, and no doubt it will help you too. Good for you walking those 4 miles. I wouldn't even think about what you were doing a year ago; just focus on what you can do right now. Four miles is wonderful! Now just recommit yourself to staying healthy with your food -- maybe just write everything down for a week, then try to stay within your points. Baby steps, right? Hope I don't sound like your mom here. Good luck to your hubby; here's hoping something great breaks for him soon.

Ruby, wow, that's a great loss for your first week! Motivating, isn't it?

Gizzi, I really like your setting periodic goals for yourself. I've been wondering myself what it would be like after I break through that 200 barrier, what I would do next to motivate myself. Getting completely out of plus sizes is an excellent goal; I think I'll steal it when the time comes. I'm already wearing some XLs, which is very gratifying. Way to go on zipping up those 18s!! Woo-hoo!

Annie, you don't bore us. Ever. I always enjoy hearing from you.

Lissaluv, welcome! How's it going for you this week?

This past weekend, I put on a new fitness CD from Shape magazine. It has you walking 4.5 miles in an hour. The music was great, very motivational, and the hour just whipped by. I did it all in the house -- zipped around the living room, dining room, and kitchen, did grapevines, knee lifts, kicks, punches, boogies, every aerobic move I could think of, and lots of walking. The cats were fascinated. No idea if I really did the equivalent of 4.5 miles, but it sure felt like it!

Walked 2 more miles this a.m. (with the video). I'm finding it really helps keep my stress levels in check.

Onward and downward,

Lauren
Old 07-30-2001, 08:38 PM   #20  

Talking

Hey ladies,

It appears that I may not have hurt myself after my weekend family reunion. The scale appears to show the same as when I weighed in Thursday morning at WW. Now I'm back to business! I'm drinking my water and counting my points. I expect to have at least a respectable second week.

Lauren, what video are you walking with? Is it Leslie Sansone? I saw an infomercial for her the other night and was very interested. How long does it take you to do 1 mile, 2 miles, and 3 miles? They never seemed to say how long it takes. I have 4 kids and time is my enemy. I can't do a video that takes more than 30 minutes. Those hour long ones are out of the question for me. The best video I have done in the past is Richard Simmons Blast Off, it's only 20 minutes. It's about all I can manage with my kids and they still manage to interrupt me during that short amount of time.

Dora, sorry you are having a tough time. Things will get better. I'm afraid I know tough times! It makes me ill everytime I think about the fact that I gained everything back from last year and an extra 19 pounds to make it worse. I'm just trying to take it a little at a time. I want to concentrate first on five pound goals. I'll be relieved once I get below my starting weight from last year (245.8) and then to 10% (137.8). Stress is a big factor for me. Hopefully nothing too challenging will come my way through the end of the year. I know I won't get below 200 but I'd like to get as close as possible.

How is everyone else doing? I'm starting to look forward to getting the kids back into school in about a month. My 5 year old starts Kindergarten this year and that just leaves my 3 year old in preschool 2 half days a week. She is such a sweetie and is not high maintenance like my 5 year old. I found that my 6 year old matured quite alot over this past year and I'm hoping for the same with her sister.

Hubby is out of town so I get a little bit of a break from his constant use of the phone all day (he is a computer consultant and mostly works from home). Unfortunately, he is also alot of help with the kids so I miss him from that angle! Well, he's also a great guy so I guess I miss him, even for a night.

I'll check in later.

Ruby
263.8/258.4/145
Old 07-31-2001, 10:36 AM   #21  

Happy Tuesday Morning Ladies:

We went to the Tall Ships Celebration in Bay City over the weekend and ended up with a sunburn. We had a good time, though. Did a lot of walking and didn't eat at the park (Whew!)

Hello Ruby, Lauren, Dora, Gizzi, Kathleen, Lissa, Ellie and all you fellow lurkers out there!!

I know that you ladies out there with little kids need some Me Time. You deserve it and you should take it. It's hard to keep them interested in something every single day of the summer. I understand. I've been there. But they grow up really fast, so enjoy your time together. I say this because my son is now 14 and my daughter is 18. With DD, it stopped being fun and now it's a challenge (trying to let her go yet steer her in the right direction all at the same time). Geez Yep. I'm a mom and I worry. (Can you tell?)

It's a pretty day, but if you go out, don't forget your hat and sunscreen. (Here's where you can say, "Yes, mother." )

Annie
Old 08-01-2001, 12:25 PM   #22  
Senior Tortoise

Hi, all. I'm up a pound this week at my WW weigh-in, but it's not fat. I've had a good week points- and exercise-wise. I'm blaming heat and humidity. So there.

Annie, how were the tall ships themselves? Did you get to go on any of them?

Ruby, the video I'm using is Leslie Sansone's 2-mile walk. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...753846-8360940 It's apparently one of her better ones. Definitely gets you going -- you "walk" two miles in 30 minutes. I went outside and tried walking that fast and pretty much made it, so the video is fairly accurate. I recommend it, even though she drives me a little nuts. She counts every move you make, giggles, talks non-stop. But it's a good workout, and at least she's not a robot.

Onward and downward,

Lauren
279/222.2/down
Old 08-01-2001, 02:08 PM   #23  

Wink

Hey ladies!

How is everyone doing today? I'm struggling through. It seems that hubby ended up having to stay away on business another night. Hopefully, he will be home earlier in the day so I can go visit my dad in the hospital. It's amazing how much a 75-year-old man can improve everyday when just a month ago the doctor was saying that he would not survive and there was no need in hoping. Who says prayer doesn't work?

Lauren, thanks for the info about the video. Is is a fun video or is a boring one that you just try to get through? I get bored easily with videos so I have to mix them up for variety. A 30 minute video is perfect to alternate with my toning cord video and my 20 minute Blast Off. I'm just about to get back into exercising so I want something easy that I can keep up with to start. I figure a walking video is just what I need.

Annie, I know you are so right about how much a challenge teenagers can be. I have suffered through the raising of my oldest sister's daughters. They are in their 20's now and they still aren't beyond being worried about. My kids are 3-9 and my 9 year old is my only boy. There are catfights galore around here with my 3 girls! I can only imagine how bad it will get when they are teenagers, Yikes! It's impossible to keep your sanity without regular breaks. I did have a regular babysitter for 5 years and she stopped babysitting for me a year ago. She was like a family member and I haven't really found anyone I trust as much. She used to sit for hours at a time every week for me. I don't leave the kids with anybody like that anymore. She was a one of a kind.

I've managed to get back OP after my weekend away. I'm doing okay, no real complaints. It's really hot around here so I don't have to fight to get the water in lately. Luckily I have a water cooler in my house. I just don't like the public water system since I grew up on well water. Louisville has a pretty good water system, I just never got used to it. Spring water is my preference.

I'll check in later.
Ruby
263.8/258.4/145
Old 08-02-2001, 08:58 PM   #24  

Angry hi again

I just wanted to say hello. I have been lurking lately. Finding time to write a message just hasn't happened as much as I would like. Just to re-introduce myself. I am Melissa (another one) and I have been on WW for 8 weeks now. I was nervous about this past week but I had another loss so I was happy
I am a bit nervous about an outing with friends this weekend, so I am going to do some research before I go and try to plan out what I am going to eat/drink. If I make it through the weekend without blowing it I will extremely amazed.
I have been doing a good job of going to the gym and it really does give me more energy. I also have been journaling and drinking my water.

Well, if anyone has ideas for how I can handle a "CREPE" restaurant, I would love it.

Take care and I'll write again soon.
Melissa
Old 08-04-2001, 12:40 AM   #25  

Wink

Hey ladies,

I had my 2 week weigh-in this morning and I lost a pitiful .2 pounds. That just means I'll have a fabulous loss next week, right? I need to make sure I get some real exercise in. I'm not too discouraged, really, I was not as faithful as I should have been so I guess I'm lucky to have not gained anything.

It sounds like you are doing great getting to the gym and all Melissa. Those weekend trips can really be a killer. I had a rough one last weekend myself. You trudge through it and move on.

Dora, where are you? How are things going with you? How is that adorable daughter of yours? You wouldn't believe how big my little Madeline Rose is getting, and just as sweet as ever.

I hope everyone else is doing well also.

Ruby
263.8/258.2/145
Old 08-04-2001, 03:32 PM   #26  
That darlin' Texas gal!

Howdy, howdy, howdy all!!

This is IT! I am officially starting WW today. After yet another 2# gain, I am fed up with my own deplorable attitude . So, at 192, I refuse to gain another .10 ! After the meeting I went straight to the grocery and stocked up on all the things that were such a big help this last year. Didn't even bat an eye at the cost of seafood. Maybe I can't control my hubby's destiny or actions, but I can still control my own. Had a great low point lunch and hope to make it to the gym. If we go to a movie instead, then I'll have a date with our pool. TODAY is a new beginning. Amen.

Hubby had a fairly predictable interview session with Intel. He expects to receive an employment offer. We'll decide what to do if and when that happens. He's a Texasboy,so it's a big step for the bothof us. DD is OK with moving. She's excited about the idea of snow!

Lauren and Ruby -I've been watching your progress. Y'all are going great guns and I'm proud of you. Attagirls for the both of you.

Kathy -I've dealt with plantar's faciitis in both feet. Major yeeouch and a big encouragement to get some weight off. I've got high arches and the supports from the podiatrist were much less helpful than the store-bought variety. And more costly. Hope you find a winning combination. Saw online that one gal would freeze water in a bottle and use her foot to roll it on the floor for pain relief. Yikes!

Melhoward -good for you on planning for the crepe restaurant. No advice here except call ahead and see if they have anything remotely low point. Maybe a salad...

Yesterday was the beginning of the Texas 3 day sales tax holiday on clothing and school stuff (we start back to school really soon). I took my DD to spend some of Memaw's $$. It was the end and beginning of an era. My 9yr old (going on 45) got her last pair of shoes from the children's store (chunky heels, no less! and her first shaver for the world's hairiest legs! We've definitely hit that in-between age. Ruby, when she's a teen, I'm shipping her to you. Maybe sooner!

Just a note: Yoplait has a new yogurt-to-go. It's called Expresse and at 70 calories is very yummy. We freeze 'em. Two flavors in each box. So far the lemon and lime box and the mixed berry were delightful. Peach andpeaches-n-cream is chilling now...

I'm working toward a 2# LOSS this week. Argh, just remembered I'll be out of town Saturday. Don't know if I'll make Wi in Ft. Worth.
Y'all be good. I've journaled everything so far today and am cooking lots of stuff ahead. Now for the exercise!
Old 08-05-2001, 05:25 PM   #27  

Thumbs up i sorta survived

I just wanted to say that I am back from my trip and I didn't do as badly as I could have. I drank a lot of water at dinner and I ate popcorn on the srive down to my friends place. I tried to be good with the dinner, by getting chicken and veggies, but it was fatty. There was no way I was going to be able to resist dessert. I won't tell you what I had so as to not tempt anyone, but I had it and it was delicious. We shared it, but the points killed me.

Then this morning we went out to brunch and I tried to be good there too, but it didn't work as well as Ihad hoped. Oh well. On my way home I stopped at the gym to try to work off some of the food. It was fun and I am glad I went. Now to get back on track. I wonder what dinner has in store for me?

Dora - congrats on starting back again. I wish you the best of luck.

Ruby - Congrats on the loss even though it is small. Like you said, at least you didn't gain. I hope you have a bigger loss this week.

Take care all!
Melissa
Old 08-05-2001, 05:38 PM   #28  
That darlin' Texas gal!

Howdy all,
Just popped in to say,"yeah!" so far. I've journalled two days straight and went to the gym today. Was a much wimpier workout than before stumbling, but I feell good for going. (didn't wanna go, but went anyway, that gets a Bravo sticker)

Ruby -you just keep plugging away. This will work and you know it. Yes, you have an incredibly busy life right now, but you owe it to yourself and those darling babies to be a healthy momma.

We/I plan to put the house on the market if we have to pay our COBRA premium. That's as of next Friday. Not like the house is ready and we'll be out of town this weekend. The point is we have to do something fairly soon. DH is praying for an answer/direction this week. I'll keep you posted.

So, I can't control his job situation, but I CAN control my own body and I CAN get this house ready to go. Onward and downward.
Old 08-05-2001, 07:21 PM   #29  

Default New Person Here

I'm not sure about the protocol of posting so I decided to just jump in. I have been on WW since April 18 and have lost 35.6#. I am so excited but am getting a little scared about being able to hang in for the duration. I am hoping a little more accountability will help.
I'd do a signature line but I don't know how LOL
Teri

249.6/214/145
Old 08-05-2001, 07:34 PM   #30  

Hi everyone .
I had an 2.8 pound loss ! I'm still having a hard time staying focused , but doing much better .

Lauren , you're so nice with the almost 100 pound comment , but I hit 100 pounds a year ago . I have yo yo'd since .

Dora I know how hard it is to move , but Oregon is a beautiful state . Just a few hours from me . My cousin works at Intel & lives in Beaverton . I hate to dissappoint your daughter , but the weather around Portland is like where I live . We rarely get snow . We are close to many ski resorts , though . Oregon has a beatiful coast , too . Many , many lakes for fishing , etc....Arizona would scare me , being that it's so hot . But you're used to hot . Keep us posted . I think you're doing great . I too have had a challenge with journaling . I did 5/7 days last week . Todays Sunday & I haven't journaled , yet this week .

Gotta go . Kathy 344.7/245/185
Closed Thread