Support Groups - Pg#2 40+ Fit & Fabulous

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Pg#2 40+ Fit & Fabulous

srmb60
01-23-2006, 03:14 PM
Ah a nice clean slate for Monday. So it's weigh in day.
I think I saw the sunny side 130 but not enough to call it 129 ... just yet.

Tell us what was good last week and what will be better this week.

Marie
01-23-2006, 05:57 PM
Susan, thanks for starting the new thread. congrats on the almost 129. I sure envy you!! :)

I walked this morning and then knitted for a while. Back to the knitting in a little bit. I have a goal to finish the sweater and I'm procrastinating. Bad me...

TTYL.
Marie

srmb60
01-23-2006, 07:42 PM
Thanks Marie. Come on down!
I'm a little behind too. I'm still knitting an afghan that was supposed to be a Christmas gift.

fit4me
01-23-2006, 08:03 PM
Good evening all,
Whats up with the new thread? are we not posting at the old one? I guess I missed something. Well I didnt loose any wt. but have had a great day, stayed Gi and did my 2 walks despite waking at 5 am with terrible back pain a afew days ago that has only gotten worse.
I felt like a widow today, dh was on puter from 11 am till 8pm playing some damm game he bought. I have had issues with this when he first got depressed but now it isnt alway but i hate when it is like that. granted he worked on bathroom yesterday and wasnt here at all. oh well thats life.
so tomorrow going to walk again, even though it has been snowing since about 4. I want to get the walk dvds but cant find them checked walmart, zellers etc....
will check again next time I am in teh city, which is thurs and fri. going shopping with my dd fri. will be fun hit the decorating stores and lunch. thurs is dh dr apt and check on my parents.
well better go see other sites too cya glad all are doing well!!!

srmb60
01-23-2006, 08:20 PM
I'm pretty sure that there is a length limit on threads. I think.

fit4me
01-24-2006, 07:49 AM
Good snowy morning everyone. I had such a great day yesterday and am going to continue it all into today. Will take the dog for a walk,she will love it cos of the snow. It is so pretty out this morning.
Will walk and then do some more exercises with the kellogs ball.Have to check what to have for supper tonight. soup and salad for lunch I think. Dh will be out for an hr or so has councellor meeting this afternoon so gives me some alone time.
Glad everyone has heard from their special others, I would worry sick. So glad ds is safe and sound.
Seems everyone is doing as good as they can in most areas so onward we go.
Have a super day!

srmb60
01-24-2006, 08:35 AM
Tell us about your Kelloggs ball. What can you do with it. It might be time for a box of Special K.

Marie
01-24-2006, 09:22 PM
Susa, too funny about the afghan. I didn't finish the sweater yesterday but I made major progress. For sure tonight or tomorrow night I'll finish it and be able to start the pretty pink yarn.

Fit, I ordered mine through Amazon.com. I called everywhere in my town and no one had it. So I ordered it with next day delivery. I got the 1, 2, and 3 mile walks with next day delivery for $27. I definitely think it was money worth spending. I used it again today. I've made a resolution to walk everyday.

I had a good day at work. My new light therapy box came and it's a blue lux lightbox. It's really small and makes me purple (from a co-worker). Since I like purple, I figure that's cool. And, my old lightbox is upt o $150 on ebay. YEAH!!!

Well, back to the knitting.
Marie

kjkas10
01-24-2006, 09:32 PM
Hi All :wave:
Got GOOD NEWS Sunday night. Military boy made contact. He is safe and sound in Kuwait. Has been a long 32 days. We are not set up to IM him. Thank you all for you thoughts, prayers and support :grouphug:

I am down:carrot: 2 :carrot: pounds this week. I am very excited about loosing 3 weeks in a row.

Dee sound like a great victory dinner. How you going to top that when they win the superbowl? Great Job on the 2 pounds :cp: :cp:

Betty K or should it be Miss 30 mile walker :queen: . You still have 7 days this month. Your kicking some serious :censored:

SCL hope your hurt so good, is better

Susan B Congrads on the almost 129

Have a good evening all
Karla

srmb60
01-24-2006, 10:09 PM
I have not knitted one stitch today. I did, however, watch a fitness competition on TV .... I did one hour of legs out of sheer green-eyed envy.

Hey Karla! A good week for you!

kjkas10
01-25-2006, 08:15 AM
Hi All
Just found this web site on walking and motivation for walking. I am not sure how to set up a link but here is the site address.

http://www.thewalkingsite.com/motivation.html

Have a Great Day
KJKAS10

srmb60
01-25-2006, 09:08 AM
Karla, you are right on! Walking is wonderful exercise!

I had an awesome day yesterday! Good food, good exercise! But today I have a blasting headache. It has to go away because I have ebay stuff to do. I can type muffled and dopey to you folks but :)

Marie
01-25-2006, 12:06 PM
Morning everyone. Sounds like we're all doing good on the walking. KJKAS10, thanks for the link. I liked the list of walking benefits. My dr. last year told me to walk since I was having a couple back issues. It definitely helped. I walked 2 miles yesterday.

I also finished the knitting for my sweater last night. Tonight I need to sew it together - so that's why I'm posting at work today - I want to finish the sweater. :)

KJKAS10, thank goodness you heard from your son. I'm very happy for you!

TTYL.
Marie

Rivergal60
01-25-2006, 02:57 PM
Hey everybody, I know I've been gone for a while. It's good to be see everyone hanging in there.

Kjkas: So glad you heard from your son, I know you can relax a little now. It's very nice outside today. I did my 2 mile WATP this morning then took a short walk outside. It feels good to have the exercise behind me, knowing I can relax this afternoon and read some. Everyone is gone and the house is so quiet. Love it!!!
Everybody have a great day,
Rivergal

srmb60
01-26-2006, 08:49 AM
I was sitting drinking my coffee this morning (after having stepped on the scale, of course) thinking about having been somewhere between 130 and 133 for what feels like a very long time. My husband is home this morning and we got to talking, so I was showing him some of the reports I can get with fitday. Including averages over the last month.
I thought I was in a rut but fitday tells me I've lost an average of 2.12 lbs a week. My nutrients are good. My percentages are OK. I'm averaging a calorie deficit .....
The moral to my story is that when in doubt, reassess. What seems to be might not necessarily be. I found it pretty encouraging.

Marie
01-26-2006, 12:00 PM
Good job reassessing Susan. Weight loss can be very depressing since it takes so much longer to lose than it does to gain. You're doing great.

Rivergal, great to see you. Enjoy your quiet house. That can be so fantastic!

I woke up early this morning and decided to get up and exercise before work (I never do that). So I WATP for 2 miles and it's done for the day. YEAH!!! It was sort of funny though since I was yawning all the way through it - making my eyes water. So there I was with big tears rolling down my cheeks. I probably looked quite a pretty site. :) But regardless, I get an evening off after work. Definitely worth it.

Well, I should look at doing some work since that's what I should be doing.
Marie

srmb60
01-26-2006, 12:10 PM
I have visions of Marie's neighbours watching through binoculars. "That poor woman. She's exercising so hard it's making her cry."

Rivergal60
01-26-2006, 01:24 PM
I know, that poor woman. Is that called exercising the eyes too? :stress: Really, I'm proud of you. I got the 2 mile WATP done this morning too. And it does feel good to have it out of the way and know it's done. Anything you feel like doing later in the day is just extra.

Susan, your report is very encouraging. You are doing great.Just stay with it.
Off to read some, Talk to you girls later,
Rivergal

Bette k
01-26-2006, 05:17 PM
Hey, I did the 2 mile WATP this morning also. :carrot: We are all just walking out behinds off, and I hope for me that's literally what is happening :D
I ad been a little lazy this week, just doing the one mile for a couple of days because I could not get my self out of bed. I find it almost impossible to do it in the afternoon or evening either one with the whole family either trying to help or laughing. In the morning no body is up yet so they leave me alone to do it.

kjkas10
01-26-2006, 08:54 PM

Susan B Good Job on reassessing. Life style changes are nothing to sneeze about. Thats a fantastic acheavement. The altimate goal is to make long tern life changes and you have made it happen. That's very exciting.

My hubby has been teasing me about making him too health. So last night my hubby said we needed some "bad food" We went to Wendys. I did ok got the grilled chicken plain and a side salad with fatfree french dressing, So I ended up with about 220 cal's and 3 grams of fat. So I was feeling pretty pleased with myself.

I talked to DEE the other night. It was great. I cant wait to talk with her again. We need to get her motivated in the exercize department.

I found a great book that I ordered (christmas gift certificates) Its called 90 Day Fitness Walking Program By M Fenton. Has anyone used this book? If I understand it right its like a work book.

Dose anyone know how to set up a link from our old thread to help everyone come over?

Rivergal60 How many miles you got racked up for the month? You are doing some serious walking.:sunny:

Maria Good going on your 2 miles in the am. Morning exercize is very modivating for the day and a good reminder of what its all about.

Betty K Great going. :cb: Whats your total?

Heard from military boy again:D :

Hope you all have a great friday
Karla

Rivergal60
01-27-2006, 01:35 PM
Hey Girls, I am doing the happy dance :dancer: Today was my weighin day and I lost 2 pounds this week. Yea me!!! I did my 2 mile WATP this morning so that's behind me. I feel really good today. Sending good vibs to you all.

Karla: you did really good at Wendy's I'm proud of you. Don't know how many miles I've walked this month. I guess I need to keep up with that. I do journal everyday-my food and exercise so I'll have to go back and see. I have not heard about that book. May have to look into it.

Bette: We are the Walking Babes!! Good job getting it done. I'm like you, I don't like nobody watching me while I workout. Maybe when all the weight's gone but not now. Altho DH is in the bedroom sometimes when I walk but he's ok. He doesn't say anything or make fun. He's usually falling asleep cause he works nights.

By the way I dropped my april fools goal and I'm doing 10 pound mini goals. I think that'll work better for me. No set time to reach it, just taking one day at a time.
Everyone have a great Friday and a great weekend.
Rivergal

Marie
01-28-2006, 01:38 PM
Morning everyone. I just love weekends. I went shopping last night and goot a few long sleeve knit shirts and a couple sweatpants for myself. The sweatpants are for doing my WATP. It was fun shopping by myself.

I walked last night and will walk again this afternoon. I "paid" myself my walking miles by putting $28.00 in a savings account for the 28 miles I walked in 2 weeks. I'm saving up for a new large screen projector for our entertainment system. My old one has a shadow on the picture and gets a little annoying when watching movies.

Well, I hope everyone is having a great day. I know I'm very happy about it being the weekend, and a long one at that since I took Monday off too.
Marie

kjkas10
01-28-2006, 05:26 PM
Hi all :wave:

Where is everyone? Did we loose them with the thread move? I hope we didnt loose them to a post newyears drop off. Oh well, I will continue to post until I hit my goal. I am very committed to this. I am very committed to myself.

Marie what an awsum idea to pay yourself for each mile you walk. 28 miles that's fantastic. :cb:

Rivergal Way to go :cp: 2 :cp: pounds thats great. You are very smart to be careful with your goals. Realistic acheavable goals keep you going, taking one day at a time is a very good idea goal and additude.

Well that's it for now. Hope you all have a fantastic weekend. Trying to prepare myself for my monday weigh-in

Karla

Hotsplashes
01-28-2006, 06:29 PM
Hello 40 + Fit and Fab group!! Special Hi to MMarie if she remembers me!Lol I saw this thread and thought I'd hop over since pretty well everyone on my thread has lost their weight but me!lol And since I'm going to be 42 in a few months, and WANT to be Fit and Fab...What more perfect thread could I pick to join???

Hope I can jump in...I saw the walking posts. I walk home from work every once in a while. It's about a 2mile walk...well it takes me about 35 minutes and I'm a fast walker. I really should be doing it every day that's not snowing or raining. That would put me about 4 miles a day.

I'll check here tomorrow to see if it's ok to join!

Marie
01-28-2006, 10:47 PM
Hi Hots, great to see you. Of course you're welcome. I'm still struggling away, more than usual since the portions don't seem to want to shrink. I'm in an eat it mood. I keep trying. Definitely I have made a good change with the exercising though.

today, I didn't WATP, I huffed and puffed my way around our block. There was about 4" of snow and it is a steep hill to climb (the downside is much nicer). All together it is 1.7 miles, but it was way more work than the 2 mile WATP so I put 2 miles on my chart. Truly, it was a blast. I love walking outside with my puppies. My huskies loved being in the snow.

Well, that's about it for today. I'm not to energetic this evening. What an understatement.
Marie

srmb60
01-29-2006, 06:11 AM
Hi Hots and Marie!
Hots? ... what do you mean 'if' you can join??? Absolutely! We'd love more posters!
Karla? ... don't worry. Surprisingly for a weightloss board, posting does drop off on the weekends. It'll pick up again on Monday.
I'm about to start my 4th shift since Thursday evening and in between there I hosted a pastoral candidate, his wife and 20 youth for soup!
Very happily, I'm off on Monday.

Marie
01-29-2006, 11:46 AM
Hi all, I finished my white sweater last night even though I knew it was too short for me. I really like it but I can't wear it. So I'm offering it to my friends here at 3FC. First PM asking for it, get it. The size is an XL Petite. DH guesses you'd probably need to be about 5' 1" to wear it. So let me know if this would fit you and I'll send it to you.

http://www.mariesdogs.info/images/sweater2.jpg

srmb60
01-29-2006, 03:55 PM
I just got home from work and my husband tells me we're going to friends' for supper. Will this weekend never end!?!?

buddha belly
01-29-2006, 04:48 PM
Hi everyone,

I haven't been around in a while. I guess feeling guilty from the fast food and restaurant dalliances, and the few days I have taken off from the gym. I guess I also wanted to think that I would drop the 5 lbs I gained in December just like that cause it was relatively new weight.

Well that didn't happen. I am down 3 lbs though, and that is pretty consistent with the amount of calories I have burned through exercise at the gym according to the electronic readouts. I think I just have to accept the fact that I am never going to be the 2 lb per week loser, and not give up.

Marlene

Bette k
01-29-2006, 06:51 PM
I'm still here, but I've been pretty lazy the last couple of days. Friday I was just not feeling like doing my morning walk, but I did walk outside around a mile. Saturday and again this morning I just felt like being lazy, so it's up early again tomorrow and back at it.
I'm having venison for supper tonight, any one know any good recipes for it? The way I make it now isn't the best for dieting, but it is good.

Hotsplashes
01-29-2006, 08:47 PM
Hi Susan and thanks for the welcome! Someone else who has a Monday Off!! WooHOo I thought I was the only person on the Planet that had Mondays off.

MMarie!! I LOVE THAT SWEATER!! Now if only it ws for someone 5'10 I'd buy it in a second!! How much for one my size??? I can't knit worth a chit...But I can crochet like crazy. Still working on an afghan from 3 years ago..so don't feel bad about being slow anyone! I am the Queen of Knitting/Crocheting Procrastination!!

I see all you doing a WATP...is that Walk Around The Park? I'm going to be brave and walk TO and FROM work every day this week. That should put me at about 20 miles for the week!!

I don't even want to think of what I will weighin at tomorrow. ICk...

Bette...I'm not a 2lb a week person either..it's either like 1lb or less a week or nothing for a long time then like 5lbs in 2 days...don't know why.

See everyone tomorrow!!

Tulip-Fairy
01-30-2006, 05:48 AM
Hi can i jump in and join you all????
I've followed HotSplashes over from the SAA thread.
I do qualify though...bieng 42 this year and I love to walk (when the mood takes me). My yorkshire terrier puppy loves a WATP daily..good thing about yorkies is, they only have little legs and don't want to walk too far lol!!

MMarie - that sweater is fantastic, i wish i was that cleaver...i do have the skill but not the patience to finish anything. Is it still available??? I'm 5ft 1 1/2" and a L XS so maybe it's got my name on it???

I have monday and tueday off this week which is a novelty for me...I'm a support worker in school and the little boy i provide care for is off school with a heavy cold...which means i get to stay at home...every cloud and all that!

Here's to getting to know you all better!

Tulip
~x~

Marie
01-30-2006, 10:46 AM
Tulip, I'm so excited someone will be able to use the sweater!!!!! Please PM me your address and I'll send it to you. BTW, I love tulips so it's definitely got your name on it.
Marie

srmb60
01-30-2006, 05:06 PM
I did not have my Monday off. I got called in at 6 am!
So the eating thing is still awful and I still feel awful and now I'm not off until Wednesday. Whine, whine, whine :)

Hotsplashes
01-30-2006, 05:06 PM
A match made in Heaven!Lol Tulip and Mmarie's Sweater! It's Fate! Gees I hear music from an old Hollywood Musical wanting to play!lol

Did ALOT of walking to day besides the dogs. It was nearly 60 again and I actually saw dandilions poking up flowers and all..this is just SO NOT a canadian winter! I know we're going to get hit in February...I JUST feel it.

Need to up the water intake today. FOod is good Exercise great...

See everyone later!

Hotsplashes
01-30-2006, 05:07 PM
Hehehe good timing susan....We posted at the same time. Hope you are feeling better!!

fit4me
01-30-2006, 05:44 PM
hi all, Welcome hotsplashes, in the niagra region. We lived in kingston for 6 years, all my side of the families relatives are in Leamington and we lived in kitchener for 1 year so know the areas well.
Anyway dh has been busy with puter, updating etc. then Thurs we got a new satelite tv reciever so this one had to go on the puter so I havent had much time on. Fri and sat spent all day in city and now was in again today and now need to get some work done. I start work again on feb 1.
well not doing great in weight site up about 4 lbs. I MUST somehow get this under my belt, only one I am hurting and letting down in myself but just dont seem to be able to stick to it. walking is good but thats about it. thanks Karla for the walking site, i was reading what all I missed. so will try to get to that site and see whats up. I just dont have time for the 4 sites that I go to all the time.
anyway not much more new, kids were out the weekend. say a prayer for my ds, he is 6'2 and 142 lbs. from his crohns disease!!! his 5' wife is 121!!! oh walking skeleton i hate seeing him but of course want to see him. i worry so about him but not much more we can do. hope for a cure... well better go as i really do want to check that walking site out. thanks
cya sooner this time I hope!!

Marie
01-30-2006, 07:10 PM
Hi everyone, happy Monday to you all. I did have the day off, Susan and thought of you. Sorry you had to go to work. At least you get $$$$ for it.

I spent the day knitting another sweater. I machine knit aqnd it can go pretty fast. I spent all day yesterday and half of today working on it. All of the pieces are knit except the front button bands. Why did I stop you might ask??? Ran out of yarn. I live in the middle of nowhere so I had to order more. Luckily I found some since I went to the manufacturers page and it had been discontinued. I went through all my yarn and ordered more of each one of them. This isn't the first time I didn't buy enough. So now I have to wait a few days. Since I'm impatient, I did pay for 2nd day air. Hopefully I will have a pretty new pink sweater (that will hopefully fit) next weekend. :)

Well, everyone take care. Fit4me, I can definitely relate to what you're saying aboutg getting control of the eating. i'm only hurting me, but it doesn't seem to stop me. If you have any great ideas how to solve this, let me know.
Marie

kjkas10
01-30-2006, 08:37 PM

I am very excited and very pleased with myself. I am down :dancer: :dancer: 4 :dancer: :dancer: pounds. Go figure.:dunno: All I do is eat every 2 to 3 hours, and exercize (gazell) 10 minutes in the morning (1 mile) and 12 minutes at night (1 1/2 mile) As you can probably tell I am a little excited. As you can tell I am usually a very very slow looser (20 pound goal for 06) I guess I have found the right food combos for me and eating all the time.

:welcome2: TulipFairy & Hotsplashes glad you are aboard

Welcone back Marlene

fit4me I hope your son is doing ok. Thats a hard life for your son. Ill keep him in my prayers. Stay positive. I know you can do this. Just find what works for you.

Betty K I am so jealous of you dinner yesterday, wes your venison good?

Marie what a great sweater!

Susan B hope you start feeling better. I tough when you have to work so much.

I talked to Dee last night. She is trying to get over to the new thread.

One final thought. Question, is anyone one have any idea's for toning your stomach? Something that dosnt kill your back?

Glad to see all the chatter. I was getting a little discuraged the other day. Hope you all have a good evening and a good tuesday.

Karla

Dee2121
01-30-2006, 08:54 PM
Hey I made the move...I see I have a lot of reading/catching up to do.

Are we still doing Monday morning weigh in? I actually lost ONE pound, I figured I was going to be the same...however, I did drop one pound, YEAH!

Anyway, I made it here, I will read to catch-up and then post again tomorrow.

Karla~ You are doing so well with your weight loss - KEEP up the great work, and don't stop what you are doing!

Rivergal60
01-30-2006, 09:38 PM
Hey All,
Don't have much time but wanted to check in. Still doing WATP each morning. Eating is good. Hope to see more pounds gone this Fri.

Karla: That's what I do, eat every 3 hrs. I eat 1 protein, 1 carb, fruits and veggies. For my meals and then I have a couple of snacks. It's working really well for me so far. Congrats on the 4 pounds gone. That's so great!!! Keep up the good work.

Dee: Congrats on your pound gone. Good Job. Glad you got over here.

Hotsplashes and Tulipfairy: Welcome, you'll love this thread.

Marie: you're so sweet to share your sweater with someone else. Hope this one turns out good for you. You'll be pretty in pink.

Fit4me: Glad you're back. I'm so sorry your son is going through this. My prayers are with him and you.

Susan: Whine all you want sweetie, we're here for you. Now, get yourself together and kick butt with the right eating and exercise. We're also here to kick each other's butt and stay on track!! With Love of course!!!

Gotta go, talk to ya later,
Rivergal

Tulip-Fairy
01-31-2006, 06:24 AM
Morning ladies!!

Thank you for the welcome....and thank you Mmarie for the offer of your lovely jumper!!!! I have just PM'd you...!

I can't hang around long as my dog is sat at the side of me whining for his WATP...he won't let me rest until we've been. I have another day off work, as little boy is still poorly. I am on a training course on wednesday so it's going to be a short week for me this week...only one more week until half term...whoohoo!!!

Oh got to go puppy is driving me nuts! I'll try to call in again later!

Hotsplashes
01-31-2006, 09:40 AM
Hello Laides...

just jumping on quick. Congrats to all the losers!! I haven't gained. So I'm happy with yesterday's weighin.

On my way to work so have a lovely day and see everyone tomorrow!

srmb60
01-31-2006, 04:21 PM
I'm home! And I'm off for three days!!!
Yessir Miss Rivergal! I promise to do better tomorrow.

Dee2121
01-31-2006, 06:02 PM
I haven't had a chance to read all the posts yet...but I have to tell you all, I have been a slacker with my exercise :( For some reason I haven't got motivated in that area yet.

On the good side though, I believe I definitly am NOT eating as much or as bad as I used to be. Hubby had some tests to take today, and we went out to lunch - I can normally put away my lunch - but today, I had to take most of it home with me in a doggy bag I felt so full! Even at supper, small amount, then I felt full as much earlier than usual.

If I would do a bit of exercise I know that more weight would come off faster, I will work on myself to do the right thing.

MMarie - WOW, you knit sweaters!!! I can kinda knit a scarf - but then it is not the best looking thing you know.

I have to say "GO STEELERS" - sorry guys, can't help myself :) You know the big game is just a few days away!!

Karla~ I used to sit in a rocking chair and rock - on the up side of rocking I would do a stomach crunch...mainly just tighted up your abs when you crunch downward too. I think you could do that even in a chair.

Gotta Run-

Rivergal60
01-31-2006, 09:15 PM
Good Girl Susan. Wow, 3 days off. You can in lots of exercise!! No, just kidding, You enjoy your days off.

I started my day off with 2 mile WATP. Eating was pretty good. Ate at fish camp for supper but didn't do too bad.
Gotta go, we're watching "Legend of Zorro" Talk to ya later,
Rivergal

Rivergal60
01-31-2006, 09:18 PM
By the way, someone ask what WATP was. It's a in home walking tape or dvd. It's Leslie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds. She has 1, 2, 3 and 4 mile ones and different ones. I have the 1 and 2 mile express. I really like mine, you should try it.
Later,
Rivergal

fatbottomgirl
01-31-2006, 09:30 PM
Hi susan,thanks for inviting me here.hi everyone,i just joined and i'm looking forward to meeting all of you.This is going to be a long journy and i will need all the support i can get.I'm not going to weigh myself for a while.I know i need to lose over 100lbs.I'm just going to concentrate on eating healthy and feeling better.I ride my stationary bike everyday.i'm only doing 10km but i'm going to also try a richard simmons video when i buy one soon.I think i will enjoy this place .talk to you all later.Take care,
Teresa J

buddha belly
01-31-2006, 10:20 PM
Welcome Teresa. I don't know how far 10 km's is, but it sounds like you are doing a lot.

You know you want to fall off the wagon, when you hear that Dee went out to lunch and your first thought is....what did you have, tell me all about it, lol.

Is fish camp a restaurant, Rivergirl?

The end of the first month for me. I lost 3 lbs, walked 80.65 miles on the treadmill or elliptical and burned 11,548 calories. I have to report in, keeping track of the exercise is the only thing that keeps me going - I need to see the numbers, to keep track of something, you know.

Marlene

Marie
01-31-2006, 11:40 PM
Welcome Teresa. It sounds like you've got yourself on track for the exercise. Keep it going and those pounds will start to come off.

Marlene, you've really moved yourself this month. I track my WATP miles on a spreadsheet. I started on 1/12/06 and walked 38 miles this month. That means' I have $38 in my savings for a new LCD Projector. YEAH!!!!

Rivergal, you started your day with the 2 mile walk and I ended my day with it. We're just a walking crazy bunch!!!

Well, night all!

fatbottomgirl
02-01-2006, 07:12 AM
Good morning everyone.Looks like everyone is really into it on this site,lots of inspiration.About those WATP dvds,do you walk on the spot or are you actually walking around the house?just wondering ,i've never seen them .I'm going to dig out some of my old exercise videos until i get to buy some new ones.Talk to you all later,take care,
Teresa

fatbottomgirl
02-01-2006, 07:16 AM
I have a question,what does it mean to subscribe to this thread?sorry,i'm stupid.i was just wondering.

Hotsplashes
02-01-2006, 08:26 AM
Welcome Teresa! I'm new here too! Great bunch of people...I think "subscribe to Thread" means you'll get the posts sent to your email.

Morning everyone...I must confess my "fall off the walking Wagon"..It was cold and rainy yesterday so it just wasn't in me to walk to and from work. ANd now I'm on a 12 hour shift to day. So by the time I walk to and from work...it would be a14hour work day. Just can't do it. I hate to keep my dogs cooped up that long.

Buddha...10k is just about 3 miles shy of 10 miles. 16kilometers is 10 miles. It's 1.6 kilometers to a mile. ANd I know what you mean about keeping a record of the numbers. I have to do that too. It's kind of like "Evidence" that you've actually done it. PRoof that you've accomplished it. I'm a very "I gotta see it to believe it" kind of person when it comes to my weight. Hence my addiction to my scales!Lol

Thanks for the info on the WATP tapes River! I'll look at my local HMV store.

Teresa, Richard Simmons tapes are great too. My friend does them and she's in great shape. SHe lost 120lbs in one year and has kept if off for 5 years by eating properly and doing her richard Tapes 2 times a day.

I'm still walking the dogs 4 times a day so I'm probably getting in about a mile or 2 a day just walking them. SO I GUESS that could be Considered exercise!lol

See everyone tomorrow

srmb60
02-01-2006, 09:05 AM
Morning Everyone and welcome Teresa. Did you get the subscribe thing figured out? It's a fabulous tool for threads like this where we drop in several times a day at any old time.

Tulip-Fairy
02-01-2006, 09:08 AM
Good afternoon ladies....
Rivergal - I haven't heard about walking DVD's WATP really means A Walk Around The Park with my little doggie to me...lol but i suppose it's still exercise!!

This thread is great...your all so motivated to excercise....i hope it's catching as that's the thing that lets me down....other than walking the dog i don't do much else. However i am booked in to do an all day ski lesson next saturday...I'm going to be dead on my feet by sunday!!!! We are going skiing during half term so i'm going to need some practice!! It might just be the kick start i need to keep exercising when i get back??? who knows!!

Food - good
Water intake - good
Haven't walked the doggie yet...but i will do later!

Splashes, your very good, if i walked my dog 4 times a day, he would'nt have any legs left....and i would loose the will to live!! lol keep up the good walking!

srmb60
02-01-2006, 11:16 AM
Maybe some of you know that our children are all moved along (more or less). We decided a couple of months ago that we could travel more and enjoy life some more if we had a smaller house, less than 2 1/2 acres of lawn, chickens etc :)
My husbands work crew is siding here. He just came in and said "The siding is almost done. Now all we have to do is declutter, clean up and we can sell."
Yee ow! I'm both excited and frightened. A newer smaller house, cable internet ... but I have to figure out what to do with the years and years of accumulated stuff we have packed in our four bedroom farmhouse!
Pray for me gals. I really do want to do this. I just hardly know where to start!

Rivergal60
02-01-2006, 04:06 PM
Yeah Susan, how exciting to start a new begining. Don't worry, you'll find your way. I can't get cable internet where I live so I'll have to continue to deal with dial-up. Thankful for what I've got tho.

Buddhabelly: yes, that is what a fish camp is. We call places that have mostly all kinds of fish and seafood a fish camp. Maybe it's a southern thing, I don't know.

Marie: We got it going and the day covered. We just need someone to fill in the middle of the day. LOL.
I started my day again with the 2 mile WATP. Are you finishing up the day with yours Marie?

Fatbottomgirl: WATP takes very little room. You don't walk around the house, you stay in front of the tv. You get a lot out of a walk. I sweat pretty good doing the 2 mile. Keeping my eye out for the 3 mile.

My day has been really good. Hope everyone has a great evening and tomorrow.
Later, Rivergal

fatbottomgirl
02-01-2006, 05:37 PM
Hey,hows everyone?just finished a great workout .i'm going to start richard simmons tomorrow.I think i will look for one of those watp dvds also.
Teresa

srmb60
02-01-2006, 07:37 PM
I've had pretty good luck finding videos in second hand stores. I bore easily so I don't mind buying them for a couple of bucks, fumble gracelessly through them a couple of times, and then I sell them on ebay!

kjkas10
02-01-2006, 09:40 PM

Welcome Therese

Got so serious walking going on.

Had a tough day today food wise. Everyone at work wanted to go out for lunch. I ended up eating a burrito. I dont even know how to do damage control for a burrito. I know a burrito isnt that bad, however I couldnt leave it at that. I had to load it up with sour cream So.....I guess tomorrow I just start fresh and put it out of my mind and move on. Maybe I can get an extra 1 mile in tonight to off set some of it.

Susan B what a great idea to get exercize tapes from the 2nd hand store. We have a 2nd hand book, CD, and Vidio store near by. I never thought to look there.

Dose anyone have and idea's to start and tone mid section that wont kill your back? I was thinking about an exercize ball? Dose anyone use the exercize ball(s)?

Heard from military boy. Being able to IM has realy been liberating. Relieved alot of stress in my life.

Dee thanks for the great package. I will call you Friday.

Have to work 14 hours tomorrow so I need to get my act together tonight, get my food ready for tomorrow and Friday. Maybe I can take a walk on my dinner break tomorrow night.

Have a great day
Karla

srmb60
02-02-2006, 12:39 PM
I think that some really valuable info could turn up in this thread.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75072&highlight=clean

fit4me
02-02-2006, 08:04 PM
hi all well again was gone for a few days. I started back to work last night, great HAHA as we were short and there were only 2 of us to put 30 people for supper and to bed luckily another 2 showed up late. we had a huge snowstorm and many roads werent plowed out.
I have a few twinges in my belly and kind of worries me as it is 9 wks since my hysterectomy and a few other things in there, ( bowel and bladder were attached in an area and that was fixed etc) anyway I got 2 wks extra off work from gyn. but wondering if it isnt enough. I had to let a resident slide to the floor last night as I wasnt able to hold her up and her legs were buckling. she wasnt hurt and has done that before but my first instinct was to grab her and now i am a tad funny feeling. just wondering if any of you know anything about that stuff.
walking has been great, not yesterday but walked at work lol did get out today now that the roads are plowed for the most part. and for the past 4 days eating has been great. I have lost what I had before so glad for that now to keep it going.
anyway not a lot more, have to write notes to keep up with all your guys and your news. lol
have a great Friday!!! and weekend too. So far not working but never know we are very short staffed so they call us in lots.
cya and enjoy life!!

Cindy

Rivergal60
02-02-2006, 08:56 PM
Hey All, Started my day with 2 mile WATP and my eating has been good. Hope to see a pound or two gone tomorrow. But still feel good about how things are going even if it don't show it this wk.

Fit4Me: Girl you take care of yourself, if you feel something's not right better safe than sorry. So check it out if you need to. Take care.

Everyone have a great Friday!!!
Later, Rivergal

fatbottomgirl
02-02-2006, 10:05 PM
Hey there everyone.hows everyone?Ididnt get to work out today because i have a bad foot.I'm going to try and buy one of them walking dvds tomorrow,they sound like something i would really enjoy.still eating healthy foods,i'm feeling very motivated.catch you all tomorrow.take care,
Teresa

Tulip-Fairy
02-03-2006, 04:53 AM
Hi all
I'm not at work again,...there's a tummy bug going around school and guess what??? I've got it!! YUCK...good thing about it is, i've not eaten anything and drank loads, so i'm hoping for a good read out from the scales tomorrow!! lol
I feel really weak so i'll not hang around
Catch up all later
Tulip

Marie
02-03-2006, 11:32 AM
Morning everyone. TGIF!!!! Sounds like the WATP video is getting used/bought quite a bit. I really like it. Yesterday was the first day in 3 weeks that I didn't walk - I was mad at ebay (long story) and emotional non-exercise took over. Luckily emotional eating didn't get me so that was good.

Tulip, I hope you start to feel better. I hate being sick to my stomach. Yucky.

Since I'm at work, I wanted to check in, but I better get back to work. Talk to you all later.
Marie

kjkas10
02-03-2006, 09:08 PM

Made it through another week :dizzy:

I have been struggling alot this week to stay with my diet. I dont know why I have, had such a hard time. How do you stick with the program and avoid temptation? I had a hard time both wednesday and thursday.

Cindy - take the time you need to heal. You know your own body and if something dosnt feel right, somethings not right. Listen to your body!

Tulip hope you are feeling better. Thats one ugly bug going around. Everyone, except me has been off work at least 3 days with it. I am going to credit my good eating habits, my 2 table spoons of plain yogurt, and exercize to me not getting it. Or maybe its just dumb luck :lol3:

Thresa what happened to your foot?

Well, have a great weekend
Karla

Hotsplashes
02-03-2006, 10:28 PM
ok...I posted yesterday but don't know where it went! I found out that my walk to or from work is 2.9 miles...so does that mean since I walked home from work twice I did 3 WATPs???lol

Hope everyone is doine well! Hope everyone is staying motivated and healthy!!

I'm coming down with a cold...so I'm off to bed and sleep...

Marie
02-05-2006, 10:14 AM
Morning everyone, well the weekend is half over. I had a great day yesterday. Did some knitting, surfing (except not at 3FC :( ), and then last night I watched March of the Penguins. That was a beautiful movie. Makes me think my tough days are a piece of cake.

I lowered my goal of walking to 50 miles for February. I do the WATP (Walk Away the Pounds) video every day for 2 miles but decided to give myself leeway to miss 3 days during the month. Basically 50 sounded like a round number and I missed the 2nd due to ebay frustrations. So anyway, I'm up to 6 miles so far.

Today, DH and I are planning to go snowshoeing on our usual mountain path that we walk in the summer. It's 2 miles also. That way I get the extra weight on my feet, have to deal with hills and the cold. I think that's definitely going to be a workout. We decided to go with the dogs before the Super Bowl. That way when I exhausted, sitting and watching the game won't be so bad. :)

I guess that's it. Take care and talk to you all later.
Marie

Hotsplashes
02-05-2006, 04:56 PM
Hello Gang...Got my WATP in today. But now it's snowing and we are in for a winter storm...so it would seem winter is here but only 2 months late!lol Doing OT tomorrow and going to try to walk either to or from work as long as the weather holds. I knew winter would get here eventually...i'll just have to dress more warmly for my walks is all.

Eating hasn't been the best...bought some Gumdrops and ate too many...paying for it today...water and exercise are great!

Have a great Sunday Ladies!!

srmb60
02-05-2006, 05:04 PM
Hotsplashes! We are snowed in pretty much. My husband drove me to work this morning and went to church, but you wouldn't want to be out driving around for fun. Wet glup underneath and then fluffier snow on top. Yick!

My fellas got out all the stuff to make tacos for supper so I'll have to artfully weazel my way through that without to much fat or carbs ... hmmm ...
But, on the whole, I'm having a pretty good weekend.

Tulip-Fairy
02-05-2006, 06:26 PM
Hi guys

Sunday evening here and i'm aching like an old lady...i did a 6 hr intensive ski course yesterday and boy oh boy am i paying for it today...my muscles don't know what has hit them...and i've the biggest bruise on my bum!!! ouch To tell you the truth i really wished i hadn't gone, i was still feeling a little weak from the bug i'd had on the thurs / fri day but this day was booked weeks ago so felt i had to go..especailly as we are going skiing on Friday. What a work out!!! I'm going to be so fit after the holiday.

Water has been good
food ok (we had sunday lunch out today, but i was pretty good and had chicken)
Exercise - I havne't done any today...can hardly walk!! lol

I'd love to have the sort of snow you all have in canada...we have to go to the french alps to get anything like that!

Hope you all enjoyed your weekend!

srmb60
02-05-2006, 06:36 PM
Well Tulip-Fairy ... you would be welcome to some of ours. I just helped my dh and ds get the truck out of the flower bed beside the driveway :)
Actually, I didn't mind. It was nice and fresh smelling out there and not really all that cold.

Hotsplashes
02-05-2006, 08:40 PM
Susan i read you are moving from a farm to the city!! And here I am wanting to do the opposite~! My aunt lives in London and I know you folks are in the snowbelt. I don't do well in winter. Niagara is ok for winter tho...so I consider myself lucky. Hope everyone is safe at your house!

Tulip! I think I asked once before...Where in the World to can you ski in England?? There's no mountains there!!Lol...Take some ibuprofen for the aches and have a nice hot bubbley bath!

I got this awesome showergel/bubblebath from Avon...Vanilla Cinnamon...I take a hot shower before bed use this stuff and dream of Cookies all nite long!Lol

Take care everyone!

srmb60
02-05-2006, 08:47 PM
Hotsplashes ... my Mom lives in London and my son goes to the Welland campus of Niagara College :)

Where are the Pennines?

kjkas10
02-05-2006, 09:43 PM
Hi all
Just a fast note to say hi. Has been a busy weekend. All the kids have called home and been more chatty than usual. I started my class and its pretty intence. Alot of physics, YUK! Good thing is the class is at my own pace.

I found a great treat this weekend. Its frozen chololate flavored tofu. I know it sounds gross but they are very tasty popcicles. They are 30 cals, 0 fat, and and its protien. Im calling it health food on a stick. What a great afternoon snack and treat.

Well going to go back to the superbowl. Everyone stay warm and safe.
Karla

Marie
02-06-2006, 11:28 AM
Morning everyone, hope you had a great weekend. I have so many vacation days that I am taking most Mondays off. So I'm at home this morning.

Had a great day yesterday. DH and I took the huskies to the mountain trail behind our home and went snowshoeing. Tulip, I can relate with soreness. Yesterday I zoned out and watched the Superbowl just because I dind't want to move.

I'm going to knit today and finish myu pink sweater. I was short one skein of yarn and it arrived, so I can finish it.

Karla, I love physics. It's pretty cool. In college I took a class called Physics of Human Movement and we did the coolest labs. Once we did an experiment on how the body burns calories. It was pretty neat. I hope yours will be too.

Well, I will talk to you later.
Marie

Tulip-Fairy
02-06-2006, 01:29 PM
Splashes you are confusing me...do you mean there's a London in Canada?? I thought you meant London England at first!! doh!

On Saturday i went on the dry slope near my house, but on friday we are off to the french alps to ski for real...we do have mount snowdon in Wales but you can't ski on it and there is skiing in Scotland when there's enough snow!! The alps are the best tho!!

I'm took your advice i rested in front of the TV and took ibrufoen, feeling much better today....although the brusie is going all shades of purple!!! lol!

Chocolate tofu popsicles sounds.....chocolaty and a treat, what more do you need??? I must try it.

I'm off to help with homework...see you tomorrow!

Hotsplashes
02-06-2006, 10:15 PM
I eat stuff called Tofutti...it's just like those choclit Popcicles but more like frozen yogurt...YUMMmmmmmmm....

Still no snow...but now I"M aching like an old lady...just took my ibuprofen and waiting for it to kick in..this means thesnow is on it's way.

SusanB...What are Pennines? And what's your son taking??? Niagara has an awesome Horticulture program.

Tulip...YES we have a London!lol It's about 2.5 hours from where I live...lovely city. Big University there..Western....great school too...

Eating sucked today to...but got lotsa stuff done...major housecleaning...lots of walking...went all the way into work for OT just to be told they don't need me. Would have been nice if they'd called me to let me know.

Well...gonna go and cuddle up in my fleece blankie and wait for the aching to stop...it's like a doublewhammy..ToM and Snowstorm Aches...ick

srmb60
02-07-2006, 09:42 AM
I believe the Pennines are a mountain range in England. I think there's loads of skiing particularly in Scotland (oh somebody already said that, sorry)
Yes, there's a London in Canada. It's about an hour from here if you speed thru the back way. Tulip-fairy? What part of the UK do you live in?
My son is in Broadcasting. Thought he'd like radio but has become enamoured with film and photography.
.... and our weather is improving. DH went to work this morning. There's still a few roads closed in Bruce County which is a bit north of here.

Rivergal60
02-07-2006, 04:44 PM
Just a quick checkin. Busy weekend and lots of catching up to do. Had to change my tracker. Down 2 more pounds. I love it when the tracker has to be changed in that direction. Be back later to catch up.

kjkas10
02-07-2006, 08:06 PM

Well I will get right to the down and dirty. Lost 1 pound this week. At first I was very disappointed and started the negative thinking and what difference dose it make and blah blah blah. Anyways rethought it and I broke the 2 make and am now 199:carrot: ! So my b-day is in a couple days. Ill be 46. If I loose one pound for each year old I am, by the time I turn 47, I will be within 2 pounds of my goal. Sounds kinda strange but I think that will be my next goal. Unless I can find a way to loose 46 ounds in 2 days:rofl:
I think I am going to give myself a break and let myself have a couple treats for b-day.

Marie, I am working on snells law right now. I think once I get a grip on that Ill be ok, but right now it kinda makes me dizzy: But the physics of the human body sounds like an awsum class.

Hotsplashes, hope you feel better. Just want to leave you with one thought Cholate fudge rich creamy goodness on a stick. 30 cal's 0 fat Its a little heaven on a stick.

Rivergal, 2 pounds that's fantastic :cp: :cp:

Hope you all have a great evening
Karla

Hotsplashes
02-07-2006, 09:04 PM
WOOHOO for all the weight loss ladies!!! I got on my scale today and haven't lost..but haven't gained either so I'm happy with that.

Got all my lunches for work for the next 4 days cooked up plus froze some extra fixings for tacos on the weekend. I don't know what's gotten into me all this domesticity.

We finally got hit with snow. Got 3 inches..I guess it blew itself out by the time it got to me Susan! Actually had to shovel snow..first time since early december! Go figger!

See everyone tomorrow more than likely!!!

Marie
02-08-2006, 11:26 AM
Morning everyone!!

Sounds like everyone is doing good on the eating front. Me? I'm not, but since I'm devoutly exercising, I'm not gaining. So I'm happy with that. I really need a couple swift kicks in the butt to get the eating under control.

Hots, enjoy the snow. We've gotten lots of it this winter. Sonw and rain. It's been a very messy winter in the desert.

Well, I'm at work, but I wanted to stop in and say hi.
Marie

srmb60
02-08-2006, 08:23 PM
Bump, golly girls half way down the second page. I sure miss my email notification!
Hotsplashes, we're supposed to get more tonight!
Twenty four years ago today I had a crash c-section for a bp of 220/120 and a baby's heart rate that had dropped to 56. I had the most lovely fair fair bald baby boy ... 8 lbs!
Today he laid bricks all day. He can climb a ladder with a cement block in each hand. And I feel much better today too!

Bette k
02-08-2006, 08:31 PM
Hi Everyone, I'm back1
I had a great january, but Feb is not going as well. I know what I need to do and keep avoiding it. I'm going to go back to making myself go to bed early and get up early to get that exercise.
It's great to see everyone else is doing good tho, keep it up.

buddha belly
02-08-2006, 10:57 PM
I was bad this weekend, three days didn't go to the gym, and got take out food. I had recommitted myself to the week, and then my friend's dad died, and went to the rosary one night and the mass, cemetary and reception today. So I got take out McDonalds for breakfast yesterday and today, and no gym, and will probably get takeout for breakfast tomorrow because I am too zonked to prepare anything now. Haven't gained any weigh though

dietgoddess45
02-09-2006, 10:26 AM
Hello everyone,

I subscribed to your thread yesterday! I enjoy the support you give each other and happy that I'll be part of it!

Have a great day,
Sandra

srmb60
02-09-2006, 10:45 AM
Hi Sandra and welcome. We're happy you're here. Tell us some more about you.

Marie
02-09-2006, 02:50 PM
Welcome Sandra, please do tell us a little about yourself. You've joined a great thread. It's amazing how much we hav in common. I really think it's the age thing.

I'm getting a cold, but I still did the WATP DVD last night. I didn't do all of the arm work, but I did do the whole walking. So that's pretty good. I wish I felt better, but I'm trying Zicam so will see if that helps. DS and GF are due to have their baby any day (today is the due date) and I want to be able to hold my first grandchild when it's born. A cold will make it so I can't. :(

I ordered more yarn today to make two sweaters, another soft pink one and a lilac. Both are beautiful yarns. I also received a yarn order yesterday. I'd chosen a beautiful mint satin yarn. I can't wait to make it. But I'd better stop ordering yarn since I have more sweaters in the planning than I can make. Oh well.

Okay, food wise, I'm okay but still struggling. Exercise - going strong. What I'd give to have them both going strong. I'm just not motivated to diet. Yuck.

Back to work. TTYL.
Marie

dietgoddess45
02-09-2006, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the welcome Susan and Marie.

In my mid-twenties to mid-thirties, I was fit and made it a point to exercise all the time. I never diet because I didn't have to. My husband and I were blessed with a son in my late thirties. I stopped exercising and caring for myself and concentrated my efforts on our little guy. I thought the weight I gained when I was pregnant would come off, it never did. I finally went on a diet last year and lost 20 pounds. It was great! Unfortunately, I gained it back and then some. I learned that when you're in your forties, it's not so easy to keep it off. Worse yet, this year, when I got my blood results back, I learned that I was borderline high cholestrol. So here I am. I'm doing it again but this time with support and exercise. My husband is very supportive of this. We usually work out together and my son joins us about three times a week. It's so motivating. I started to document everything I eat and count calories. I only want to loose between 1 to 2 pds a week. Just started two weeks ago. I'm on my third week and weigh in on Mondays.

Enough about me. I'll look forward to going through this adventure with all of you.

Always believe,
Sandra

srmb60
02-09-2006, 07:37 PM
I'm right there with you Sandra. Borderline labs and BP... 40 something ;) Even the 162 lbs!
And another calorie counter! I love calorie counting. Have I mentioned that lately?

Marie
02-09-2006, 09:06 PM
Okay, Susan, you're nuts. You love calorie counting. My favorite diet is the see food diet. I see it and I eat it. :)

Sandra, congrats on the baby in the late thirties. That's pretty cool. I'm going to be a first time grandma anyday. Today is the due date for DS and his GF. I am very excited. While they finish school, they are living with us so I get to play with a baby for a while. Should be awesome.

Well, time to exercise. TTYL.
Marie

kjkas10
02-09-2006, 10:07 PM

Welcome Sandra -Could we be neighbor's? I live in near the DuPage River well not that close (<1 mile) but its a good point of referance. On the Bbrook side.

Marie - I am so excited for you. Please post as soon as you can on the baby watch.

Wow I wish I could have boarderline labs. My last lab was 360. (thats down) I have been on lipitor for well over a year. I am hoping to get down to 300 this year.

Well today was my b-day 46. I gave myself a break and had some anglefood cake with strawberrys. What a yummy treat. Had orange chicken and rice for dinner. Not the best choice but thats ok one in a while. I didnt over eat. Just had some of my favorites as a treat. I know Ill be crying on Monday when I dont loose anything. My hubby got the pedometer I have been wanting. I want to try this program called 10,000 steps a day to better health. The just of the program is taking 10,000 steps every day and you are considered to have and active life style and able to lose weight easier.

Did anyone read any of the anouncements that McDonalds made today? Since McDonalds and all fast food places have to list the nutritional value of food, McDonald anounced that they underestimated the transfatty in there food by approximatly 33%. That pretty scary when you look at the values to begin with and then add 33%.

All the kids have checked in today, thats been nice. All safe and sound.

Hope you all have a safe evening.
Karla

srmb60
02-09-2006, 10:16 PM
I'll be 46 this year! 1960 a fine vintage, yes? Happy Birthday Karla. I'm glad you had fun!

dietgoddess45
02-10-2006, 10:02 AM
Marie, I'm so happy for you! Congrats!! My son has awesome Nana and Poppop! Their my husbands parents and they're truly the best! My sons loves them dearly and we're blessed to have them in our lives.

Thanks Karla and happy BD! I'm glad you celebrated your BD the way you wanted to. It's our special day!

Karla and Susan - I'll be 46 years young this year as well!! 1960 was a fine vintage year indeed!!!

Well, back to work! Talk to you soon, Sandra

Marie
02-10-2006, 12:01 PM
Karla, happy birthday a day late. I bet 1960 was a great year - I believe I was conceived then. :) In other words I'm a 1961 baby.

I go up early today and did my walking. I'm just cruising on this WATP video. I don't like to exercise in the morning but DS's GF doesn't have classes on Fridays and I tend to mis exercising since we are usually gabbing. Last week I made her sit and chat while I exercised but she said it made her feel guilty. 9 months preggers is a good enough reason to not exercise in my humble opinion.

I'm at work and have lots of fun stuff planned. Yeah, actually I wasn't joking. I'm our school district's webmaster and I'm going to redesign the front page. That will be fun. So it's Friday and work will be good. Not bad at all.

TTYL.
Marie

kjkas10
02-10-2006, 07:10 PM
Fast hi, 1960 was a great year. Its strange, when I was younge I always thought someone in there 40's was so old. I dont feel old. I dont feel like I did in my 20's, thank god, but I dont feel that old. I feel more mature or something, when people meet my kids they cant believe that I have a kid that will be 29. (What happened to that cute little thing I brought home from the hospital) 29 is about how old I feel. Yes I am on another one of my wild statement things. :dizzy:

Marie I think if you can move of your own free will when you are 9 months pregnant thats concidered exercize.:lol: For getting eating under control start off with getting your water intake up to about 80 oz a day and it helps alot. I think it helps to cleanse your body and prepares your body for weight loose.

Welcome back Betty K

Hope you all have a good evening.
Karla

Hotsplashes
02-10-2006, 11:10 PM
hello everyone...just a quick pop thru...eating sucks exercise sucks but water is great!lol Will stop by and post more on Saturday!!
Welcome to the club Sandra!!

buddha belly
02-11-2006, 12:54 AM
Actually I think my problems is that I don't think eating sucks!

LOL

srmb60
02-11-2006, 05:02 AM
Peri-menopausal women of the world unite! Who else has been awake since 3:46? OI!

I personally think a perimenopausal woman invented the internet and cable TV. She needed something to do while all the rest of the world was sleeping.

dietgoddess45
02-11-2006, 11:17 AM
Thanks Hotslashes!! I agree buddha belly! That's my problem!!

I haven't worked out the last couple of nights. Hopefully I'll get back on the grove today. Monday is weigh it day and really hoping to loose at least a pound.

happy weekend everyone!
Sandra

Marie
02-11-2006, 02:31 PM
Hi everyone, It's weekend!!! Yeah. Today DH and I took our 3 doggies to the vet for their annual checkup and vaccines. There went another $300 bucks. Oh well, I love the dogs. It is quite a circus bringing 3 dogs in at once, but I get a 10% discount for the multiple pets. So we do it once a year.

My cold is getting worse, but since it's weekend, I get to rest and recover. That sounds good.

Hots, I think eating is good but I suck at being good. So I know what you mean.

I'm going to knit today, but I think I'm going to take a nap first. I hate having colds.

Well, chat with you later.
Marie

srmb60
02-11-2006, 04:05 PM
Ack knitting! I still haven't finished the Christmas afghan!
I can't believe how many of us are the same age!
Who said something about the "see food diet"? So far today I've seen donuts and pizza!

srmb60
02-12-2006, 06:04 AM
I'm going to work today and I'm going hunting through psych books. I think I'm losn' it gals. I ... me ... moi ... ate peanutbutter on WHITE bread yesterday. Cue twilight zone music ....

Dee2121
02-12-2006, 12:09 PM
Just a quick post to tell everyone HELLO!

Not fizzling out, just busy!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KARLA!!!

Staying the same weight...think I may have lost another pound, so slow for me, but still working on it!!

buddha belly
02-12-2006, 01:06 PM
Not you Susan, you must be the example!

buddha belly
02-12-2006, 06:36 PM
I just feel I am doing terribly. The promises I made to myself last week, I need to make again. I am getting no where. What gimmick can I use to make myself stay on track (cause myself is not doing it)?

kjkas10
02-12-2006, 09:16 PM

Ok - Im gona get on my soap box for a few minutes. Im loosing it.:blah:
This is me the past few days
:jeno: :cbg: :burger: :chockiss: :corn: :cookie: :moo:
This is what I want to be:carrot: :angel: :cb: :dance: :dancer: :goodvibes :angel:

So I ask myself what changed? Why am I loosing my momentum? I dont know? So I was going strong right after the first of the year so..........
I am going to issue this challenge. Monday tomorrow February 13th, 2006 treat it with the same passion and enthusiasum as you did on January 1st, 2006. Lets try to get back to the focuse we had in January and not spin out of control. Let look at what worked in January and do it again. I did not loose this week but I didnt gain. But I need you get focused and I need your help. :soap:

I want to tell you 10 reasons why it is so important that I lose weight and I want to challenge each of you to do the same.
1. My cholestrol is over 350.
2. I want to see my grandchildren (if I ever have any)
3. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired
4. I dont want to feel embarassed and ashamed of myself when I look at a picture of myself.
5. I want to go on vacation someplace warm and wear a bathing suit and not look like a beached whale
6. I want to be able to walk into any store and pick up some fashionable cloths.
7. I want husban to look at me with that spark again
8. I want to be healthy.
9. I want to feel better about myself
10. I want to have a quality of life and enjoy my life

So I issue this challenge to each of you. List 10 reasons that you want to lose weight. Everyone has individual reasons. Lets all work to get the momentom and enthusiasum back and be some big loosers.
:dust:

So Are you with me in this battle?
Karla

srmb60
02-12-2006, 09:43 PM
make the promises again, and again, and again, and again ... sooner or later they will stick.

dietgoddess45
02-13-2006, 06:45 PM
Go with whatever you're feeling and enjoy it. Life is too short! Just don't forget to get back with it. Remember, it's a life long adventure!

My 10 reasons for loosing weight:

1) Get my cholesterol under control.
2) If I get diabetics, let it be because of genetics, not because of my diet.
3) Stop hiding my thighs whenever I wear a bathing suit.
4) Be able to wear fashionable clothing.
5) Stop being envious of thinner mothers.
6) Obtain more energy.
7) Sleep better.
8) Accomplish my hardest goal of loosing weight and keeping it off.
9) Feel comfortable naked in front of a mirror.
10) Want my clothes to feel loose, not tight.

buddha belly
02-13-2006, 10:45 PM
My ten reasons:

1) I have borderline high cholesterol, and would like to bring that down and keep my blood pressure in the normal range

2) I am an apple, and I would like to reduce all the health risks associated with all that abdominal fat.

3) I told myself I wasn't going to buy any new clothes until I could buy a smaller size, and I really do need new clothes

4) I would like to be able to wear jeans again, not just sweat pants.

5) I wish women who weigh 80 lbs more than me did not think I was the same weight and size as they are. What must I really look like?

6) I am meeting some friends on a vacation in about a year, and I don't want to look like this.

7) I don't want to age into an "old" person. Does that make sense? I would like to be more youthful, I guess.

8) I would like for my life to be about more than losing this weight. This is the third year that I have been trying, and while I have lost some, at this rate, I will be almost 60 by the time I get there.

9) I would like to be proud of myself for accomplishing this.

10) I would like to look good to me.

srmb60
02-13-2006, 10:48 PM
Ten things? what a good idea. I'm gonna sleep on that tho'.

Hotsplashes
02-13-2006, 11:20 PM
hello everyone..sorry for not being around...came down with a horrible flu that was going around work...i could barely get outside to walk the dogs....Here's my 10 reasons for getting the weight off.

1/ To be able to breath normally again. The extra weight is wreaking havoc with my lungs and my asthma.

2/ To be able to do all the things I love to do but have just been to heavy and tired to do any more. Ride horses, hike in the wilderness, dance for hours.

3/To be able to wear a bathing suit which I havent done in 5 years.

4/To be happy with myself.

5/To not look at myself in the mirror and go EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWww!!!

6/To be able to go to my special reunion in July and look as good or better than the other girls who will be there!lol Vanity Thy Name Is Woman!lol

7/To be able to reach the ripe old ages my grandparents did...all in their mid to late 90s.

8/To be able to get on my horse and not hear her go..."Uhhhhhhhh" when I settle into the saddle.

9/To just be able to enjoy life like I used to.

10/ Just to be able to say....I made the commitment, did it, and WON!!

kjkas10
02-14-2006, 08:13 PM
Wow you guys have some great reasons. I have printed out my reasons (and I taken a couple of stolden reasons) Anyways I printed a bunch of them out. I put one in my car on the visor (fast food deturent) one on my fridge, I went and had one laminated and put it in my purse, I have one taped to my desk, one on my bathroom mirror, one on my gazzel. Well you guys got the picture, oh yah, I gave one to my coworker that I have lunch with and sent one to girl friend. So with that said I will be held to task.

:grouphug: Hotsplashes, buddha belly, dietgoddess45, Thank you all for such a great responce, reading everyone's reasons brought tears to my eyes. I know it may seam a little dramatic but this is some serious stuff for me. My next option if I cant do this on my own is surgery. I dont want to do that.

Hope more of you can join in the challange. I want to recommend to each of you to put some of reasons around where you can see them and remind yourself.

Have a good one
Karla

Hotsplashes
02-14-2006, 09:34 PM
Howdie doo follks...another day another dollar..

Karla...DON"T DO THE SURGERY!! You CAN do it the Healthy way!! I guy I work with got the gastric bypass done...and he's liek "I can eat what ever I want!" but in small doses..still eating crap and chit...and has now plateaud..lost a hundred and 20 fast...but still has about 80 to go..dr. told him he's gotta eat healthy and exercise or he won't lose it...plus dr said he's still prime candidate for heart illnesses...

So Do it the Healthy way!! I'm here for you!!!

take care ladies!!

Michele

buddha belly
02-14-2006, 09:38 PM
Karla, your 10 reasons really was an excellent idea, and I did think about my reasons while I was on the treadmill today - and I did think it would have been nice to able to read them without the computer.

Tomorrow I will print them off so I can carry them with me.

I am sure you can be successful Karla, and Hotsplashes, does your horse really moan when you get on him/her? Lol

srmb60
02-15-2006, 09:12 AM
Well, I struggled with my 10 reasons. I've been at this for so long I really had to stop and think why I was doing it. I actually had to go find some old things I'd written. At first I thought 10 holy! but by 9 I realised that there are sooo many!
Thanks folks, that was a valuable lesson I learned from all of you.

1. I feel that in order to set a Christian example, we'd be better off to keep our mouths shut and just be an example.

2. I watched my mother (73, heart disease, diabetes) not be able to pick up her 1 y o grandbaby. She almost passed out bending over to talk to him.

3. When my father was diagnosed as definitely having a heart attack at 47, they found scarring from an older infarct. I am 45.

4. My sister 52 y o is on blood pressure meds, lipitor, a bone builder and is borderline diabetic.

5. I have amazing children and I want to run and play with my grandchildren. I want to be a funky cool granny!

6. Nurses should not be the most unhealthy people you see.

7. I feel really, really good and I'm heavily into shared happiness. I want everyone to feel this way.

8. God has provided me with a gorgeous, plentiful variety of awesome things for food. I want to enjoy that and appreciate the wonderful gift that it is.

9. God has provided me with an awesome body/machine. Nothing on Earth compares to how it works and what it'll do. I want to appreciate that, too, as the wonderful gift it is.

10. All the vanity things. The fabulous clothing. The admiring glances.

Marie
02-15-2006, 11:54 AM
You all have wonderful amazing reasons for wanting to lose weight. I'm thinking that your reasons might help me motivate me to start losing weight again. I've been maintaining and exercising, but I would like to lose some weight.

Yesterday I exercised. I hadn't for 2 days because of a bad cold. It was hard. It's amazing how quickly you can lose your conditioning. Hopefully today will be easier. I had set my goal for February of 50 miles walking. I'm up to 22 but at 2 miles per day, that means I used my off days while sick. Oh well. I can still do it!

Grandbaby still hasn't been born. The dr. will start to induce tomorrow evening if he/she doesn't come out to play. So soon I will be a grandma!

Well, I better work. Talk to you later.
Marie

dietgoddess45
02-15-2006, 04:10 PM
Karla, I agree with Marie and Buddha Belly. The listings are a great idea and motivating. Marie, good luck. Keep us posted on the baby news.

I also agree with Michele (Hotsplashes): I don't think surgery is the way to go! Believe that you can do it, never give up and do it naturally. There isn't enough history to proof that surgery is a safe alternative. Your life is worth more than loosing weight!!!

For additional motivations and advice, I joined "Anne Collins Weight Lost Program" over the web. Although I don't follow any of the plans, I love it! She's very funny and has a common sense approach to weight lost. It's the best $20 dollars I've spent. I recommend it to all of you. Here is the site:
http://www.annecollins.com/

OK! I'm off. take care and have a glorious evening!

Hotsplashes
02-15-2006, 07:16 PM
I love all the reasons everyone put on here....Susan...I'm very sad to see all the health problems in your family...but at least you recognize them and are doing something about it for yourself...I wish my friend would...she's refusing to believe she's diabetic even tho she's been diagnosed and is now losing her eyesight...her mother died of Diabetic related issues...weight, pnuemonia, heart issues...everythign just gave out...my friend won't believe that her mother died because of these reasons...

Had a good day today...Food GREAT...Water EXCELLENT..Exercise...Good!

Everyone keep up the great work!! I'm going to see about laminating my lists too!!!!

kjkas10
02-17-2006, 08:02 AM
Hi All
Just a fast note to say high. I have used my laminated card several times to remind myself why I am doing this. I also added to the back what could happen if I dont loose weight. My food has been good, water intake 80 to 100 oz a day, exercise moderate need to work on that, right now I am at about 20 minutes a day. I do need to find a way to start toning some target area's like my stomach. I am thinking about an exercize ball. I have been researching a few different thing that dont kill your back. If any one has some good toning moves please share them.

I am excited about getting on the scales Monday again.

Thanks for such a fantastic responce to the 10 reasons. Im glad to see everyone getting back to task.
Karla

srmb60
02-17-2006, 09:00 AM
That was a good idea. Who thought of that 10 reasons idea, Karla?

I have another one. What one thing have you learned lately that was like a lightbulb coming on?

Hotsplashes
02-17-2006, 09:29 AM
OH The one thingn I have learned lately like a lightbulb going on is:

Stop worry about the little stuff! It just causes you more stress than it's really worth!

buddha belly
02-17-2006, 08:25 PM
Karla, I think the exercise ball sounds like a great idea. I know I have read that they are supposed to be really good. But I have also read that you can't really just target one area - abs should just be part of the workout. Crunches are supposed to be better than full sit ups too. The exercise forum would probably have some more informed answers though, lol.

A lightbulb moment concerning weight and that sort?

Well it wasn't recently, it was like last May - I had been doing the gym since January, about 2 hours a day, 6 days a week, various classes, treadmill, some weights. Trying to follow my superfoods, making my own soluble fiber breakfast bars, lol. Eating some nuts, making smoothies out of blueberries, canned pumpkin, kiwi, most days of the week. I had not lost much - 10 lbs in 5 months (considering the effort and all), and frankly my body had not changed much, but for the first time in a long time I felt really good. Strong, healthy, and I wondered if this was really the first time in my life that I actually got any nutrition into my body?

..and then I let that good feeling go...

Marie
02-18-2006, 12:29 PM
Hi all,

DS and GF are at the hospital and they started to induce labor. So that's going to be cool.

This afternoon, DH and I are going to go to the hospital to say hi. We're also going to see 8 Below at the theater. I'm not a big movie person, but I am a husky doggie lover. I really think my 2 huskies should be able to go into the theater and watch the movie too. :)

I need to WATP this morning since we don't know what the day holds babywise. I'm up to 28 miles so far this month. It'll be 30 in less than an hour. YEAH!!!

Well, I will chat with you all later.
Marie

Marie
02-19-2006, 06:06 PM
Hi all, well I'm a grandma! Baby Ethan was born yesterday afternoon. He's having a little trouble getting enough oxygen so the picture shows he has a cover over his head so they can give him extra oxygen. Talk to you all later.
http://www.mariesdogs.info/images/ethan1_sm.jpg

kjkas10
02-19-2006, 07:39 PM

Marie - What a cute grandson you have. I am so happy for you, maybe a little envious too.

I have been thinking about what has made a light bulb come on.

As far as weight loss, and health issues. The realization that I need to hold myself accountable for my eating. I am the one that needs to make the changes, I am the one that has to live with the consiquences of my oun actions. (With some help and encouagement)

I am a little afraid of crunches, they might be more like crushes :lol: . I have a very thick post menopasal stomach area.

I am excited about my weigh in tomorrow. Hope you all have a good evening.
Karla

buddha belly
02-19-2006, 11:50 PM
Congratulations Marie - what are the stats? He looks big - but labor was induced so I guess he had a bit more time in the old nest. (and of course, the pic is a close-up, so he looks bigger)

My abdominal section is my worst part too, hence my name, lol. Last year I did a lot of crunches, leg lifts, etc in my two classes plus the pilates class I was taking and it had no real effect on my abdomen getting smaller, with a tape measure. Actually I stopped going to the gym at the end of May and then just pulled weeds for the next few months and my measurement decreased two inches in that time - something my reasoning cannot comprehend. Though I did stay on my diet, I just maintained my weight.

This year, so far, I am just doing the treadmill for an hour at a time (or as close as I can get) and I think I may have decreased the measurement by about 1/4 inch, and I know it seems smaller to me in clothes. Not so much when I look at my stomach out of clothes. Okay, I think I am going into more detail than anyone wants to know here, lol.

fatbottomgirl
02-20-2006, 11:34 AM
Hey everyone,i'm back!!its been awhile but i've had a really bad case of the flu bug.I've been spending alot of time in bed ,trying to sleep it away.I'm back in the saddle trying to get the energy to start my workouts again.I still don't have my watp dvds yet.i hope to get them soon.I did lose 5 pounds while i was sick.i'm hoping it will stay off.I'll talk soon ,take care,Teresa

Tulip-Fairy
02-20-2006, 11:43 AM
Hi all
I'm back off holiday and ready and willing to get back to it....I didnt actually put any weight on while i was away, all the skiing helped with that, but i really need to focus and get those lbs off!!!!

Mmarie - firstly let me congratuate you on bieng a Gandma...he's beautiful and secondly on your wonderful cardigan, it arrived the morning i went on holiday so i took it with me! Paired up with my pj bottoms with the hood up a book in one hand and a glass of red wine in the other had me all set up on the sofa for the evening. It is so cuddly...thank you so much for sending it to me...as my Youngest daughter told me....your a very cleaver knitter!!!!

I like the 10 reasons...I'm working on mine, will post when there done.

The light bulb moment was "Yikes I really am overweight and have only myself to blame and only me can put it right"!!!!

The holiday was great, I had a wonderful view from my balcony of Mont blanc it was amazing!!!! Skiing was ok....it was very hard work as i'm sooooo unfit, but feel much better for it now i'm back. I am going to try to maintain some sort of exercise now i'm started!!

Hotsplashes
02-20-2006, 11:27 PM
Congrat MMarie!! What a wonderful little grandbaby!!! Glad to see everyone back..I fell off the eating wagon...but did good grocery shopping today and made sure I bought good stuff!

Hope everyone is starting their week off well!

kjkas10
02-21-2006, 08:20 AM
Hi All
Just a fast note, busy week so far at work, study, board meeting tonight and such. I am down a pound and a half, cant quite get a full 2 pounds out of it but thats ok. I am back on track as long as I am going down.
Have a good day & welcome back Tulip-Fairy
Karla

fatbottomgirl
02-21-2006, 01:12 PM
Hi all,Tulip glad you enjoyed your holiday,welcome back!
Hotsplashes,looks like we both fell off and jumped back on ,lets do this!!!
Karla!!congrats on the loss!!Go girl!!
I feel like i'm back in control today.feeling alittle stronger after the flu and ready to go at it!!take care,Teresa

fatbottomgirl
02-21-2006, 01:43 PM
Hey what happened to my signigture on the last post??????

dietgoddess45
02-21-2006, 05:38 PM
Congratulation Marie! What a beautiful baby!

Great job on your 1 1/2 pounds Karla!

hmmmm... my recent lightbulb "diet" moment: Although I gained back the weight I lost last year, I'm not obsessing over it like before. I have a better attitude this year and realized that it's a life long adventure. I'm where I'm at because it's meant to be and I love my healthy body. WOW, does this mean I'm mature?

Had an excellent exercise week just didn't loose any weight nor gain any weight. Too much fun!!

Have a great evening everyone,
Sandra

Marie
02-22-2006, 12:40 PM
Good morning everyone. I don't have a lot to say but I didn't like us on page 2 of the thread. So I thought I'd move us up. :)

Things are going pretty good. I'm a little tired and blah today. I think all the excitement of the baby this weekend caught up with me. I'd take the afternoon off and go home for a rest but there's too many people at my house so I'll seek my refuge in work. Eeeks!!!!

Take care and I'll chat with you soon.
Marie

kjkas10
02-22-2006, 09:01 PM
Well it's mid week again. My water is great (80 to 100 oz a day) My gazelling is OK (20 minutes a day) plus I am trying to do the 10000 steps per day to wellness ( I am at about 7000 per day) My foos is Ok have not been binging or eating out of control. I am realy hungry in the morning so I have been considering putting in an evening snack. I watch my calorie intake 1300 to 1500 per day with 20 grams of fat or less.

I found "Ten Fitness Obsticals" on one of the fitness Threads and found it to have some very valuable info. I think in short you have to have a plan A and B for everything. Hope you find this usefull.
Have a good evening.
Karla

Ten Fitness Obstacles and Their Solutions
By Edel Jarboe

Obstacle #1: "I don't feel like working out today." Whenever you feel tempted to skip your exercise routine or to put starting one off altogether, remind yourself of the reasons why you want to exercise. Write it down on an index card and read it whenever you feel like blowing off your health. Why do you want to get fit? How will being in shape benefit your life?

Obstacle #2: "I'm just not motivated to exercise." Setting specific daily or weekly fitness goals helps you to focus on your performance and keeps you motivated. For example, committing to working out four days a week or walking five miles gives you a specific fitness target to aim for and makes it easier for you to make the time to exercise. It is also helpful to keep a record of your fitness performance so that you can up the stakes and stay challenged. Most importantly, you can provide ongoing motivation by rewarding yourself at the end of each week or month with a pedicure, massage, or new workout gear.

Obstacle #3: "I don't have time to exercise." Schedule your fitness workouts for the week with a specific time, location, and activity. When you do this, you eliminate the excuse of not having enough time to workout. Quite simply, you make the time and honor this appointment with yourself.

Obstacle #4: "I have a hard time staying motivated." Keep a workout journal. Tracking your progress helps you to see how far you've come. Record the date, activity, how long you worked out or how many reps you completed, and how you felt afterward. You could also keep track of your measurements and how you feel about your body as it becomes stronger and leaner.

Obstacle #5: "I'm too busy to exercise." On crazy-busy days, instead of skipping your workout, do a mini-version of it. For example, if you don't have time for your usual one-hour step video, scale it down to 30 minutes using just the of warm-up and the beginner's level. Not only will you feel good about yourself but you will also maintain your fitness schedule. Being too busy is no longer an excuse because you can also take a couple of 10 or 15-minute fitness breaks during the day. Even on our busiest days we can find at least this much time for ourselves. The point is to keep moving so that we don't start using this excuse all the time and sabotage our fitness plan.

Obstacle #6: "I got sick and haven't exercised in months." Always have a backup fitness plan. Be creative and come up with alternative fitness solutions for when you are out of town, bored, or in a time crunch. Planning for setbacks keeps you in control of your fitness. Working out before you go to work, at lunchtime, or adding a new activity to your fitness repertoire are all good solutions to the above fitness obstacles.

Obstacle #7: "I'm not a fitness buff. I don't really like to exercise." Develop a fitness mindset anyway. When you see yourself as a walker, runner, or a step video queen exercise becomes second nature. How can you identify yourself as a fitness buff? Keep a regular exercise schedule and make your workout time as important as the other areas of your life.

Obstacle #8: "I don't like working out alone." Find a workout buddy. Having someone else there on your road to fitness makes workouts more fun and adds the spirit of competition to your routine. You also keep each other motivated. Make sure your exercise partner has the same fitness goals and that you both commit to a regular workout schedule.

Obstacle #9: "I'm bored with my exercise routine." Okay, so you've gotten your exercise routine down. Four times a week you run the same five miles. Yawn. Suddenly you don't feel like going for your run anymore. Spice it up. Look for new ways to make your workout fun and exciting. Try a new route or cross train. Alternate your running days with spinning classes, hiking, or rock climbing.

Obstacle #10: "I'll always be out of shape." Acknowledge that your fitness is under your control and that you have the power to take charge of your health. Believe that you can make it happen.

fatbottomgirl
02-22-2006, 09:33 PM
thanks kjkas10,i really to needed to hear those words to get me moving again.

Tulip-Fairy
02-23-2006, 12:18 PM
oohhhh i think i've got real problems with motivation...I couldn't even motivate myself to get to the bottom of KJkass' list!!! how bad is that???!:eek: :eek: :fr:

I need some :dust:

Oh well, water ok, food could be better but not too bad...no excersice apart from all the running around i do!!

buddha belly
02-23-2006, 10:13 PM
I start to get pooped around the end of the week and didn't go to the gym today. But I had gone 10 days straight. I believe I fell into the "Fitness Obstacle #1" category.

I also got a 99 cent hamburger at Wendy's for dinner. I hoped that wasn't cheating too, too bad. (I really wanted to get chicken fried steak and pan fried potatoes, so....)

Tulip-Fairy
02-25-2006, 09:09 AM
good morning ladies!

It's the weekend and the weather is great, windy but sunny, i should be out walking the dog but instead i'm catching up with the washing so i can get it dry outside!!

I have just done the weekly shop and it's all healthy stuff, so i'm hoping for a much better week, food wise than i did last week.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Marie
02-25-2006, 11:52 AM
Morning everyone. I just love weekends. I plan to knit and work on a sweater that's been on the back burneer since the baby was born. I should be a nice relaxing weekend.

It's supposed to 54 and sunny so today I'm going to take my dogs for a walk around the block by myself. Usually I go with DH but he's at work (Guard weekend) and I want to go when it is the warmest. Should be great.

I looked at my walking chart and I'm up to $80 for 80 miles walked since 1/12. Pretty cool. I'm excited that in two weeks I'll be over $100 towards my projector. I love movies on the big screen.

Speaking of movies. I saw Just Like Heaven last night and it was pretty good. It had a different twist to it so it was enjoyable. Last weekend I went to 8 Below (since I love and have husky dogs) and was disappointed. Not in the movie - I think it was well done. More in the story line since I knew it was based on a true story. Anyway, caution about that one to any dog lover.

Well, I will chat more later.
Marie

Hotsplashes
02-26-2006, 07:54 PM
Hello Gang...

Sorry I haven't been around..Work is kicking my butt...plus I have the dreaded yearly throat and sinus and chest infection...sooooooo I'm not in the best of shape..

Glad to see everyone here!!!

Have a great week!

Tulip-Fairy
02-27-2006, 12:29 PM
oooh HS i've been struck down with your lurgy too. Woke up this morning with a tight chest, sore throat and headache...yuck!!!! What a way to start the week.

I've been good today, great water intake and excellent food...this should continue as Lent starts on Wednesday and i'm usually very good throughout!! Does anyone else give up things for lent?

dietgoddess45
02-27-2006, 05:28 PM
Tulip-Fairy and Hotsplashes: sorry to hear you're not feeling well! Hope you recover quickly.

Exercise great/diet ok. Lost 1.5 pds these past two weeks. Just seems to take forever to loose weight this year. Right now, I just want to eat everything in sight.

Marie, fill me in on this walking chart of yours. Sounds interesting.

take care ladies,
Sandra

kjkas10
02-27-2006, 06:13 PM

Down 1 pound this morning for the last week. I think I need to kick up my exercizing a little.

Way to go Sandra on your 1 1/2 pound :cp:

Hope everyone starts feeling better. This has been one ugly flu and cold season. I am the lone holdout at work, I am the only one who hasnt got the flue. My hubby tell me its because I eat too healthy :lol:

Hope all is well
Karla

Tulip-Fairy
02-28-2006, 01:42 PM
Still feeling yuk...might have to call in sick tomorrow, little boy i support has got it too...we've both spent all day coughing and sneezing...not nice!!

Well done on your weight loss Ky and sandra. :cheer: I have no intentions of weighing myself until i'm feeling much much better. HOpefully i'll have lost loads!!!!! :dunno:

Marie
02-28-2006, 04:24 PM
Karla and Sandra, WTG on the weigh loss. You're both doing great. I'm a bit envious too. But then I only have myself to blame for not eating wisely. Exercise I'm doing great at.

Sandra, my walking chart is actually an Excel spreadsheet that I track how far I've walked on a daily basis. For every mile walked, I put a dollar into a savings account that I have just for saving for toys. The toy I'm aiming for is a new LCD projector for my movie/entertainment system. I started it on 1/12/06 and I've gone something like 84 miles. I transfer the money in every two weeks but I update the spreadsheet after walking. It's been a great motivator.

Well, I'm at work and better get back to it. TTYL.
Marie

buddha belly
02-28-2006, 08:59 PM
Your payment plan sounds like an excellent motivator Marie.

And congrats to everyone on their weekly weight loss. My monthly loss is more like your weekly, but I will take it. I lost 2 lbs this month by walking 67.35 miles and burning 8,650 calories on the treadmill. So I have finally lost that weight I gained in December. I slacked off on both my diet and exercise about 11 days this last month.

Here's to March being a better month!

kjkas10
03-01-2006, 09:38 PM
Hi All
This week is kicking my butt, not sure why, maybe a little cabin fever. Its dark when I go to work and its getting dark when I come home.

BB - way to go on the 2 pounds

My food is good and water intake is good, but I am struggling with my exercizing. Not sure what or why I am struggling so much. I need to kick it up a notch or two. I am going hiking at Red River Gorge in Kentucky in 3 weeks. I want to be able to hike with out a constant stuggle. Guess I just want to be able to walk outside in the sunlight without freezing my butt off.

Well its a new month so new fresh start and 23 days to my hiking trip. Need to go exercise.

Karla

srmb60
03-02-2006, 08:17 PM
I don't do this very often but I encourage others to, so I thought I'd try. Theoreticly there is something therapeutic about typing everything out and hitting send.

Please skip this self pitying post if you'd like!

I am overwhelmed! I feel flattened by the weight of everything around me. Yes, I do take antidepressants and am extrememly sorry I tried to go off them again! I'm back on, you can bet your sweetie patootie!
We're trying to sell our too big empty nester house and I'm tired of trying to tidy and then get out of the way for lookers. And there is nothing on the market that looks like it would work for us.
We're always financially strapped.
My windshield wiper is broken.
My husband's truck needed repairs for the first time ever, just the day before yesterday.
My brother called and he and his wife are splitting. My mother is so upset.
My mother is aging and can be quite difficult at the best of times.
My daughter is getting married although she is handling the preparations very well without too much help from me. She's a blessing.
My DD's future MIL just lost her mother and is feeling overwhelmed trying to get stuff together for the wedding and taking care of her aging father and I just cry for her.
The college of nurses lost my registration so I'm persona non grata with my employer and can't work. Which is not helping the financial situation.
It's cold outside. Heck, I'm cold inside!
I need groceries. Money again.
I've gained 5 or 7 pounds.
I want ice cream.
blah blah blah blah blah .....
Do I feel better? Yes actually I do, albeit a bit pathetic, but better. Thanks for your time.

buddha belly
03-02-2006, 10:18 PM
I'm so sorry for your rough patch, Susan. I guess when you look at the list of it all, the diet and exercise thing doesn't really seem all that important.

Maybe if you break the list down and just concentrate on the things you can control: the windshield wiper? Refiling your registration?

Nix the ice cream, and with no food, and exercising all the time to stay warm inside ,will help you with those pounds you gained. This paragraph is meant to be funny, I hope I am not offending anyone.

It does seem like you have a lot on your plate. I will keep you in my prayers.

srmb60
03-03-2006, 08:22 AM
That is funny Buddha! I did tell my husband that at least I was warm when I was exercising ... he said exercise some more.
I'm in much better spirits this morning. I actually had a calorie deficit yesterday. I'm getting the wiper fixed this afternoon. A courier should bring my new registration form today. We even got an unexpected bit of money .... so things are looking up.
Thanks for your prayers I really appreciate that.

2frustrated
03-03-2006, 08:32 AM
Hey suse - too bad about your windscreen wiper - at least you have windscreen wipers and don't have to wipe your visor with your glove ;)

:hug:

srmb60
03-04-2006, 09:35 AM
Thinks are looking up. I got a lot of those difficulties fixed up (and my attitude toward them).
And I'm having the oddest little weight loss swoosh. How and when our bodies give and take weight will never cease to astound me. To the best of my figuring ... all I've done is get back into my normal routine (minus work) but not really because I ate in restaurants 4 or 5 times this week. Maybe I use more calories fussing around the house than I thought. Dunno! I guess I shouldn't question, just take it and run. I'll go change my tracker now.

Marie
03-04-2006, 11:16 AM
Susan, WTG on the weight loss. I'm also happy to hear things are looking up. Take care of yourself and enjoy the weight loss!

dietgoddess45
03-04-2006, 11:58 AM
Hello everyone,

Thanks for the info Marie. Sounds like a good idea.

Susan, I'm sorry to hear you went thru a tough time. I hate when I have those. I'm glad things are looking up and that you're back on track with the weight lost. WTG!

Karla, WTG on weight lost! You have to fill us in on your hiking adventure.

I'm hoping for the best on Monday. Not sure what to expect when I step on the scale. I've had a tough work week and since I'm one of those "stress" eaters, I'm a little apprehensive. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Have a wonderful, fun filled weekend ladies,
Sandra

buddha belly
03-04-2006, 06:17 PM
Been doing good on the exercise but not quite as good on the food and water. Just got the Books on SuperFoods from Amazon, so hoping that will inspire me. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

srmb60
03-05-2006, 10:48 AM
Buddha, you'll have to give us some tips on awesome foods when you've read your book. I love stuff like that!

Do you think it could be the weather that's making it hard for me (and not just me) to get up the gumption to do any cardio?

buddha belly
03-05-2006, 06:13 PM
Well it is sunny and 69 degrees here, Susan. I guess maybe I should be more energetic than I am with that weather.

The Superfoods RX books are written by Steven Pratt, an opthalmologist, not a nutritionist, but a god in my eyes, lol. I think a good book for someone like me who used to think that a regular restaurant meal was good nutrition because it wasn't fast food or a bag of cheetos.

Some of the foods I ate last year and am trying to get back to this year:

Blueberries (or other berries, grapes, cherries), kiwi, yogurt, cinnamon. I mix a cup of blueberries, a cup of mixed berries, a kiwi, a cup of yogurt, a few dashes of cinnamon, and some milk in the blender and either have a smoothie or sorbet, depending on what comes out, lol.

Last year I also did 1/2 cup of Libby's canned pumpkin - not the pie filling, (a superfood) and a banana (not a sf) with some milk and cinnamon for a 2nd smoothy. I had the smoothies for dinner.

The foods he highlights are good for lowering blood pressure, cholesterol, and reducing risks of cardiovascular disease, and other aging related diseases such as diabetes, macular degeneration, etc. Good for someone like me who can try and replace a "my kind of meal" with a superfoods meal.

Anyway, last year having the smoothies for dinner, and going to the gym 6-7 days a week, I lost 11 lbs in 5 months and reduced my blood pressure from about 140/80 to 110/65, didn't check out the cholesterol, so don't know if that improved. 11 pounds may not sound that great - but for me, it is, and the exercise alone wouldn't do that cause I had been doing the exercise before. I think perhaps it was becasue I was actually getting some nourishment.

kjkas10
03-05-2006, 07:00 PM

Susan, good vent. It feels good, god knows you have all had to listen to mine. Sometimes life can get a little overwhelming. I so glad things are coming together. And yes I think the weather has alot to do with motivation, mood, and how we process life both mentaly and physicaly.

buddha belly, I am so jelous, 69 and sunny. Its 26 and been snowing all day here. Your smoothie sounds fab. Im going to have to check this out a little closer.

So I got my exercize ball, excuse me "stability ball" So In thinking "core workout" "LOW IMPACT" translation into my langage EASY. Not...Its hard, I was stunned. I dont know what I was thinking that exercize would be hard. So my hubby took it like a man, listened to my wine and told me to get a grip and get over it. In other words get on the ball. So the DVD has 4 targets of exercizes so I thought I would start to do the abs 1st. Im not sure if the exercizes are realy hard or if my belly is just to big and gets in the way.

Well have a good Monday.
Karla

srmb60
03-06-2006, 08:52 AM
Exercise is hard. That why we all grimace about it :)

Morning everyone!

kjkas10
03-06-2006, 07:50 PM
Well Monday Mornings are my weigh in. Down 1 pound. :cp: I am very pleased because I know I am doing it the healthy way. My water intake is good. Food is good. Exercize I am struggling.
Have a good week
Karla

buddha belly
03-06-2006, 09:05 PM
That's fantastic Karla. As long as it's down, you must be doing good.

srmb60
03-07-2006, 08:16 AM
I think berries are a vastly overlooked food. They're yummy and sweet and not very calorific. Thanks Buddha!

Hey Karla! A pound is great!

Marie
03-07-2006, 01:20 PM
Morning everyone. Just a quick hi. Susan, I love berries. I made the best strawberry smoothie yesterday for a snack. The berries are frozen from my garden. It was to die for. Yummy!!!!!

I'm at work today so I better get back at it. Talk to you later.
Marie

srmb60
03-07-2006, 09:20 PM
We had supper out tonight since we had to be in town for 6:30. I was careful today because I wanted ice cream! I actually left food on my plate. The numbers turned out good. I still have a calorie defict (a small one) but I didn't over do it.
Now, I have to go to bed because I'd really like a snack :)

MrsMoby
03-08-2006, 04:32 PM
Hi eveyone. I hope it's ok if I join in here even though I won't be 40 until May. I hope to be "fit & fabulous" by that time, if I can just stick with it. I tend to lose weight in a weird way, 3-5 lbs in a week and then little or nothing at all for 2 -3 weeks so I get discouraged during those times. I've lost 12 lbs just in the past 6 weeks though so I am on track, it's just all pyschological.

Carol

srmb60
03-08-2006, 04:41 PM
12 pounds in 6 weeks is two pounds a week ... fabulous work!
And of course you're welcome!

I actually turned on Alex Trebek and did 25 minutes of upper body weights today! Whew, I've been a slacker!

kjkas10
03-08-2006, 09:12 PM
Just a fast midweek check-in. Food is pretty good. Water is great. Exercize still struggling. My hubby is becoming my motivator in the exercize department. ( he is tired of listening to me wine) In fact he is getting down right pushy. But that's ok. I need that in this area, he realy holds me to task.

Welcome Carol. Look forward to getting to know you. Congrads on the 12 pounds.

I had to break down and buy some berries, had a strawberry smoothy one day and a raspberry smoothy another day for breakfast. I put my tablespoon of yogurt and my exta fiber in it 1 cup of berries and ice & a sprinkle of splenda. It was a yummy treat in the morning. Thanks for the great idea buddha belly. The pumpkin is very interesting. I think I may need to exsplore that further. I was thinking about trying to make a low fat / low cal eggnog. Anyone have any idea's how to tone down the sugar & fat in eggnog?
Well off the exercize
Karla

buddha belly
03-08-2006, 10:14 PM
Karla, I did the pumpkin smoothies because he suggests you have 1/2 cup 5 - 7 days a week, and I didn't want to go the pie route and couldn't think of anything else. Alternatives to pumpkin are: carrots, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, and organge bell peppers. The smoothies were easier for me cause I could have those for dinner and not have to cook, less time consuming than planning an actual meal, lol.

Welcome, Mrs Moby - is that Moby like Dick or like the singer, lol.

Good going on your weight routine Susan.

I did pretty well today (except for that breakfast burrito, lol). Did 75 minutes at the gym, cause I had trouble getting to stay on a machine for my whole time.

MrsMoby
03-09-2006, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the encouragement SusanB and kjkas10.

buddha belly - that's Moby as in Dick, LOL - my hubby's nick name growing up. There's so many people that he's known for years that still don't know his real name, :-)

Well, I'm having a crummy day. I woke up around 1:00 am with a terrible sore throat and the sniffles. I feel like I've been run over by a truck. So no excercise today, and I really hate it when my plans get side-tracked like this. I'm popping vitamin c like crazy in hopes of cutting this cold short. I think I'll go brew a pot of tea and curl up and watch a movie and try to get out of my grump.

Hope everyone else is having a good day!

dietgoddess45
03-09-2006, 05:28 PM
Welcome Carol! Hope you feel better soon. WTG on your weight lost. Your average of 2 pounds a week is fab!!

Karla, happy to hear your hubby is your motivator. Since my husband and I started working out, it's really helped me stay focused (at least on the exercise part).

Buddha Belly I don't know how you can do "75" minutes of exercise. I'm lucky if do "60" minutes.

Haven't been around due to a product launch. Very hectic. Unfortunately, this week has been bad with the food. Last week I did manage to loose a pound. We'll see what happens on Monday.

Take care Ladies,
Sandra

srmb60
03-10-2006, 01:53 PM
Ya know my rant from the other day? Well, my registration is in progress (wrapped up tightly in the red tape portion of progress no doubt) and I had great hopes that it would be resolved so that I could work this weekend ... however ... I've got about an hour. If my notification on the website does not change in the next little bit, I'm SOL for the weekend. Again!

I hate to think I'm so easily influenced but this has really taken the wind out of my sails today. I don't even want to go and do the errands I was gonna run this afternoon.
For a few days there, it was kinda like a holiday. I could do whatever I wanted! But now I'm starting to feel oppressed, trod on.

srmb60
03-11-2006, 07:59 AM
I've been awake since waaaay too early this morning. But I really feel that if I can make a plan for today and stick to it ... I'll be less inclined to wallow in self pity.
Just shortly, I'm gonna get cleaned up ... run some errands ... grocery shop ... finish our taxes ... eat clean (1400 cals or less) ... do some cardio and do some weights. I seriously need to remember that I do have control over a few things and I need to stop wallowing in despair over the things I cannot control ... Like the College of Nurses :)

buddha belly
03-11-2006, 06:34 PM
Good to hear from you again, Sandra. Don't be such a stranger.

Well it sounds like you will have a productive day, Susan. Looks like things should be back to normal for you real soon, with the licensure and all.

Again, I have been doing pretty well with the gym, but the food does not come as easy. Haven't been really bad, but I wish I could stick with the healthy foods a bit better. I am feeling a bit thinner anyway. This morning when I stretched in front of the mirror my buddha belly looked almost normal. Now if only I could walk around all day, all stretched, lol.

Have a good weekend.

srmb60
03-11-2006, 07:47 PM
Thanks Buddha! I can just see you stretching like those ladies on the Dove soap commercials :)
I started just putting one foot infront of the other this morning and it's comin' along good. I got all that done and cleaned out the chicken house.
I feel definitely sturdier than I did last night!
Now if I could just figure out how to skip the simpering idiot phase altogether and get right to the strong capable woman thing without a hitch ....

Marie
03-12-2006, 11:54 AM
Morning all, just a quick note to say hello. I'm having the same problem as you buddhabelly, the exercise is coming easy but sticking with eating healthy is a problem. I haven't figured out how to resolve it other than keep trying.

Susan, I hope you get your licensure issue resolved soon. What a pain that must be. Good luck.
Marie

srmb60
03-13-2006, 11:10 AM
Good Monday morning!

My licence thing has been at 'wait and see' all weekend. I'm pretty optimistic about a new week tho'. I'm enjoying being at home but I'm missing my paycheque!

MMarie? Can we help with the food thing?

How did everyone do over the weekend? Come and post your victories!

Hotsplashes
03-13-2006, 02:25 PM
Hellooooooooo Everyone!~!!

Sorry for the long away time...been sicksicksick....still sick as amatter of fact..these lung infectionsn take soooo much out of me. But in the mean time...I have lost 4 lbs. I got on the scale today and I am 180. So I'm close to my 175 weight that I was at before xmas. From there on it's down to 140!!

Welcome Carol and hope you feel better soon! Seems alot of us get sick this time of year. and 2lbs aweek are good...very consistent and attainable. Keep up the good work!

To everyone else...Stay Motivated!! Stay Healthy and WE WILL LOSE TOGETHER!!!!

buddha belly
03-13-2006, 10:08 PM
Wb Hotplashes, sorry you haven't been feeling well.

Marie, I was thinking maybe you could pay yourself for every healthy meal you have and take money away for every unhealthy thing you eat. (Maybe I could do it, too, lol).

Hey Susan, it looks like your weight is back on track! All the past sins resolved.

Well, I will have to say that the stretch thing I mentioned before - doesn't actually work in profile. My buddha belly is much more 3 dimensional there, lol.

Been good on food today, but I must say I do crave cheeseburgers.

srmb60
03-13-2006, 10:17 PM
Alas, we had to drive past Dairy Queen (nobody had cash). I had a good day too. I didn't do my wieghts but I will tomorrow. I have to add a bowl of raisin bran to my fitday and then I'm off to bed.

kjkas10
03-14-2006, 02:15 PM
Hi All
I have been trying very hard to stay healthy. Everywhere I go everyone is sick sick sick. They have been droping like flys at work. Sooooooo, I have been taking extra care and eating more fruit than normal, keeping up with my table spoon of plain yogurt twice a day and hoping for the best oh yah and making sure I get a full 8 hours of sleep a day. Alot of people at work are on round 2 & 3 of being out sick.

With that said down to weight loose. Didnt loose this week in fact I gained a pound. I have SAncles the past few days and Im not sure why. I have been drinking enough water to sink a ship (80 to 100 oz a day). Have not ate anything different, except a little more fruit than normal. Dose anyone know of any natural remidie for water retention? So I think next week will be a good weight loose week for me if I can get rid of my sancles.

Glad things are going better Susan & Congrad on making it past the DQ
Hotsplashes good going on the 4 lbs, dosnt sound like a fun way to loose it.

Hope everyone stays healthy or gets healthy.
talk to you later
Karla

srmb60
03-14-2006, 02:26 PM
Karla? Do you take vitamins? Something is ringing a bell about vitamin B. Green tea is suppose to help too.

Marie
03-14-2006, 06:49 PM
Hi all, long day at work, but I have 17 minutes left before I go home, so here I am. :)

Buddha, I like your idea of making me pay for bad days. I will definitely contemplate that. I had set up my walking spreadsheet to pay me $1 per day for eating healthy. So far $0 earned. But I think I might like the idea of having to pay $1 if I don't eat healthy. The only thing I worry about is my dumb mind games where I might just give up walking since I'm not earning enough $$$ because I have to pay for not eating healthy. I play such dumb mind games. :( But I think theoretically it would be good. Maybe I'll give it a try for a week and see how it goes. I definitely can't give up the exercise since I do it mainly for staving off depression.

Susan, thanks for your question on how you guys can help. I have no idea other than pumping more ideas at me. I do like Buddha's idea so we'll see. I wish I could get motivated to WANT to lose weight since at this point I don't care. I think that's where the problem lies.

Okay, past the eating, the walking is going great. I bumped my daily walk from 2 to 3 miles and that has been good. I got the new Walk Away the Pounds 5 mile advance walk and I choose one of the 3 mile fast walks. I really like that DVD better than my old one. I'm thinking of selling the 1 and 2 mile DVD and the 3 mile DVD on ebay. But then again variety is always good so I'm not sure.

Well, better get going. Talk to you all later. Thanks for being here. You all are wonderful!!!!!
Marie

kjkas10
03-14-2006, 09:24 PM

Marie - you realy must care or you wouldnt be here, and you wouldnt be so dedicated to exercizing. I admire your dedication to your walking. So let break this down a little. What about breaking your eating into smaller, more atainable goals? Maybe pick one meal a day to eat healthy. For example
everyday have a healthy breakfast. Try that for a month, dont worry about other meals, just focus on one healthy meal a day. They say if you do the same thing repeditivly for 30 days it becomes a habit. Dieting becomes very overwhelming very easy. I have to break it down one meal at a time. Keep it simple so you set yourelf up for sucess. Make a small realistic obtainable goal. Oatmeal, Branmuffins, whole grain toast and eggs, whole grain cereal, fruit smoothy, are all easy inexpencive breakfast options. :hug:

Susan I love green tea, I try not to drink anything with caffiene in it. I was looking at green tea on the net and didnt realize all the health and diet benifites from green tea. Thanks for the tip. The only supplements I take is omega 3 oil and flax oil. I cant tolerate vitamins, within 30 to 45 minutes of taking vitamins I am doubled over in pain. I just cant digest then.
Have you heard anything about your licence?

Hope everyone is getting healthy.
Karla

srmb60
03-14-2006, 09:34 PM
No news on my licence. The College of Nurses says I should be able to work. That's their policy. My employer says 'no way' that's their policy.
I wish I had a policy and a paycheque!
Karla forgive me for not knowing you better, but I don't remember if you exercise.

Marie
03-15-2006, 12:05 PM
Morning all, Karla that's very good advice. I am starting over today. I'm being good and have a desire to stay that way. I just hope that I can be good the whole day but at least breakfast will be good. Good advice.

Susan, I wish you luck with the license. What a pain in the butt that must be. Red tape is always fun.

I walked yesterday 3 miles. Just making major progress towards my March walking goal. I talked with my family about all of your ideas and they gave me some of my own. So I'm going to be good today. Then tomorrow I will tackle it again.

Talk to you all later.
Marie

buddha belly
03-15-2006, 10:05 PM
Well I had written a long bit, and then when I hit post, I was told the server was busy, so...

Can you share some of the ideas you were given Susan for the food thing?

srmb60
03-16-2006, 07:32 AM
I got lost somewhere ... sorry ... Buddha, did you want me to talk about food :)

Morning everyone!

Marie
03-16-2006, 01:39 PM
Hi everyone. So far, so good today. I was GOOD yesterday eating wise. I fulfilled my short term goal. Today, so far I'm doing good. I think if I make it a couple days into dieting I will be fine and get really on the band wagon. for now, I'm pleased that I succeeded yesterday. So thank you all for your help. I'll keep you posted.

Exercise, I'm just zooming with the walking. I think that when the desert I live in finally dries out from the winter from h*ll, I'll be good to go on the mountain hikes. Those are my favorite.

I bought two new exercise outfits this morning. A pale lime green and a pale blue outfit (pants, jacket, shirt). They are pretty and hopefully fit. I bought them before work and will try them on this afternoon. They are knit as opposed to sweats which make me too hot on the fast 3 mile walks.

Got to work. I'll chat with you later.
Marie

kjkas10
03-16-2006, 08:19 PM
Hi All

Marie - Glad things are going better and more positivly. Sound like you will be styling in your new workout outfits. For myself if I start the day off with a good breakfast the rest of the day just falls into place on its own, because I have a positive start (I am a car eater, I eat my breakfast in my car on the way to work. Someday's its nothing more than cheese cubes, sliced fruit and veggies and soy crackers)

Susan - I use a gazell in the winter, I try to do 20 minutes a day 5 days a week, I am also doing some core exercized (2 to be exact) on a stability ball. Sundays I take my dog for a 2 to 4 mile walk along the river or in the forest preserve and try to get some photo op's. Thanks for I Green Tea tip. It appears to be working.

buddha belly-I have had troble getting on a couple times, I get that server busy message. Very frustrating.

Hope everyone is getting healthy
Karla

buddha belly
03-16-2006, 09:44 PM
Oh sorry guys, I was asking Marie if she could share some of the other suggestions regarding dieting that she got in real life, lol.

I think I must have been peanut butter drunk or something. I polished off an 18 oz jar Tuesday and Wednesday night - it was low fat. ...and were I to be a very positive person, I would tell you that normally when Skippy low fat peanut butter goes on sale for 1.50, I buy 4, but I resisted and only bought one.

Is everyone proud of me, lol.

srmb60
03-17-2006, 10:35 AM
I finally have my registration!

Marie
03-17-2006, 11:40 AM
Buddha, small steps as was taught to me here. The small step in the direction of healthy eating seems to have gotten me on track. I just am hoping it sticks. Unfortunately, today I'm actually hungry and that I don't like. :( Buying only 1 peanut butter was a small step. Now see if you can get it to last a long time.

Susan. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: When will you start back to work. I'm really happy for you!!!

Well, back to work for me.
Marie

srmb60
03-17-2006, 11:49 PM
Apparently at about 4:15 this afternoon. Thanks, Marie, for cheering me along.
Peanutbutter is a devil food! Once I start ... I want the whole jar!

kjkas10
03-18-2006, 05:48 PM
Hi All
Just a fast note. So glad everything got straighten out for you Susan. It must be a huge relief.
Marie good going on th p-butter. I love pbj's
Karla

Marie
03-18-2006, 07:10 PM
Hi everyone, it's a beautiful Saturday afternoon. I got lots done today and am finally sitting in front of my lightbox. Hopefully it's not too late in the day that it will screw up my sleep. Oh, well, I shall see.

DH dyed my hair this morning. Same color as usual (natural) just the gray near my bangs needed to be touched up. DH said there wasn't any other gray. Why, oh why is the gray where I can see it and where it bugs me???? So it's touched up and looks good.

I walked 3 miles this morning and did a trip into town too. Now I'm just being a bum waiting for the Directv man to come and install my Tivo. That should be awesome!!!

Susan, was work as fun as you remember? :) Either way it's a good thing to get a paycheck.

Karla, wan't me on the peanut butter - I'm deathly allergic to it. But in my childhood I was okay with it and I remember loving PBJ's. Mmmm sounds tasty, but deadly. :(

Eating is going good again today. I seem to be on track. YEAH!!!
Marie

buddha belly
03-18-2006, 09:33 PM
Congrats Susan on your licensure coming in.

Well after my big peanut butter binge, I seem to be back on track, and all is forgiven at this point, lol. (weight wise)

Today I splured on take out from Boston Market, Turkey dinner.

srmb60
03-19-2006, 11:07 AM
Thanks Ladies and Good Morning!
I went to a potluck yesterday! I'm going to fitday just shortly here to figure it out. OH dear.
We had a really nice time meeting my son-in-law-to-be's family.

kjkas10
03-21-2006, 02:05 PM
Hi All
Fast note from work. Down 1 pound this week. That puts me with in 3 pounds of my 2006 goal. Guess I may need to reaccess that goal. Water is good 80 to 100 oz a day, food is ok, and exercize is ok. need to get more motivated in the exercize department. I am hoping that will come if the weather ever gets any better. But thats ok. Slow and steady. Still working on my sancles. The green tea seems to be helping.

Getting ready to go to Kentucky for a week, meeting my old freind from college. I will be leaving on thursday morning and coming back the following wednesday. Cant wait. Have some hiking planed at the Red River, that will be fun.

Hope everyone is healthy
Karla

Is anyone else having a problen posting? I had to log-in several times because it would kick me back. Is our thread getting too long?

buddha belly
03-21-2006, 08:26 PM
Congratulations Karla on being so close to goal, so early in the year! That is fantastic. Can I ask what "sancles" are?

I am lazy today so not going to the gym. Sometimes I feel like I have to sweat off 500 calories just to maintain.

Well I am trying to be good on my diet, by not allowing myself to buy any take out. Too bad I can't make myself eat all those oranges I bought.

Marie
03-21-2006, 08:38 PM
Oh Buddha, can I ever relate to your post. I'm in a blah mood. Frustrated by work a little but mostly just blah. I've exercised everyday for weeks and decided today not to. I just don't want to. So here I sint on my fat bottom typing. At least my fingers will be svelte. :)

Karla, great going on getting to your goal so quickly. Definitely readjust so that you odn't get too soft on yourself. You're doing great!!!

Well, I'm not to chatty. Just wanted to say hi and that I'm thinking of you all.
Marie

srmb60
03-22-2006, 08:29 AM
Oh girls! Be careful what you wish for. Now that I'm back to work ... it's really interfering with my life :)
I rowed and did weights yesterday and then got called to work. My legs are weary today!

Marie
03-22-2006, 11:27 AM
susan, the only days I do give in and not exercise are work days. There are days I'm just too tired. But think about the paycheck and you'll get motivated. :)
Marie

Marie
03-25-2006, 10:33 AM
Okay, where is everybody????

srmb60
03-25-2006, 03:50 PM
Ooops we must have slid off the front page again. Hi Marie!

Hotsplashes
03-27-2006, 09:26 AM
Good Morning everyone!! Sorry for the long LOA...was VERY sick..Nearly all better now!! HOpe everyone is doing well..I'm to scared to get on the scales..will do so on Friday once I get my courage back!!

Have a GREAT Monday ladies!!!

Parrish
03-27-2006, 03:10 PM
Hi,
Yesterday I started my second round of Fat Loss 4 Idiots and will see if I can shed a few more pounds in the next 10 days. I like the plan: very simple and sort of a grazing type of menu (4 times a day, making sure at least 2.5 hours are between meals).

I haven't been on the treadmill for a few weeks and know that would help immensely. I'm just too busy at the moment with calving out cows (they have to be checked about every 4 hours for a while yet), keeping up with the offspring and working. But I am using the free weights "fairly" regularly!

It's rainy and cold in the Midwest today. I brought a bunch of wood in to dry out for the woodstove, so it will be cozy here soon.

I love this website! I haven't yet figured out how to quickly bring up all the threads I'm interested in....just need to wander around a bit more I guess!

Good luck to all of you. My reward in 9 days is to have a couple of Italian chocolates that a friend brought me from Florence! YUMMMM

How do I get the sliding scale thing to appear at the bottom of my messge??

Parrish
03-27-2006, 03:15 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-retro2/slider-scaleyellow/lb/145/130/140/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

srmb60
03-27-2006, 04:45 PM
You do have it. Welcome Parrish.

Marie
03-27-2006, 08:42 PM
How is everyone this fine afternoon? I've been good on plan and exercising. Water is pathetic, but I can't be perfect. :)

Marie

buddha belly
03-27-2006, 09:33 PM
I haven't been having a good few days. Having some bad issues at work, and so went and had restaurant food a few times and didn't go the gym for four days. Being fat isn't going to help me look for a new job though.

srmb60
03-28-2006, 08:51 AM
Golly gals. I'm not sure about these husbands. Mine was flipping thru a catalogue last evening and announced that I needed a new pair of hipster jeans because my old ones look so good. Lovely, thank you very much.
Then this morning he's packing his lunch and he took my left over chicken breast! Now I know I've been hoping he's learning by example but ... he never walks off with my tuna or cottage cheese.

Marie
03-28-2006, 11:26 AM
Hey Susan, at least he's eating healthy!!! And take him up on the jeans. A girl can never have too many pairs of jeans. Good luck with lunch. :)

Buddha, sorry about the job stress. Emotional eating will get us everytime. Do something, just on thing at first, nice for yourself and try to reduce the stress. When my job p*ssed me off so bad about 2 weeks ago, I came home and exercised. That was a new response and boy did it help!!! good luck to you.

Today is Day 2 of spring vacation (in other words my job is NOT going to p*ss me off this week). So far I've been a slug but I'm sure enjoying it. I'm going to exercise, knit and draw. Also I'm still working on DH computer. I had to rebuild it last week and I'm SLOWLY putting all the programs back on it. I made it useable for him - he basically just surfs and I put Quicken back on it and Office, but the little programs I'm doing a little at a time. Today I'm going to get the scanner working again. Such fun.

Well, have a great day!!!!!!!
Marie

Parrish
03-28-2006, 04:11 PM
Hello!
I've been faithful to my current eating plan (Fat Loss 4 Idiots) and will weigh in tomorrow or the next day. I just drained the last of 64oz. of water. I am full!! That and 2 soyburgers. What more could a girl ask for?;)

I still haven't been on the treadmill, but I figure jumping on and off the skid loader 15 times a day will count for a little bit of exercise. I know, I know, it's not aerobic enough.

I'm off to pick up kids and finish BBQ in the crockpot for the rest of the carnivores.

One question regarding this site: How in the world does one quickly find the thread? Is there a place I can go to just see replies to my posts?

Does anyone sew? The latest issue of Sew News has some neat-looking placemats and napkin holders that I am dreaming about making....and they have no calories!

srmb60
03-28-2006, 04:39 PM
If you click on your name over there < in blue, you can find the posts you've made and check for replies. If you have a thread you want to keep an eye on, you can subscribe to it. Um ... up at the top 'thread tools'.

Marie
03-28-2006, 05:10 PM
Hi Parrish, great job on following your plan. I'd never heard of it, but I like the name. Good luck exercising. Thanks Susan for the reply. I'd nevere done that. I just go back to the thread and go to my last post and read from there. :)

srmb60
03-28-2006, 05:24 PM
I can very easily get carried away here at 3fc so it's best for me to subscribe to a few threads so I can remember where I've been!

Hotsplashes
03-29-2006, 09:44 AM
Good Morning Ladies...I got on the scales today and gained 3 lbs while I was sick...so now that I am better...I have 3 to lose to start with!lol I rode my bicycle to work and back yesterday as it was nice out...will be doing the same today...but boy does it make me realize how out of shape I am!!!

Have a lovely day!!

srmb60
03-29-2006, 09:52 AM
That first bike ride of the season can be an eye opener (thigh killer)!

Marie
03-29-2006, 11:23 AM
Oh Susan, that's for sure. Doesn't matter how much winter exercise including the exercycle I do, riding my real bike is WAY harder. Same with walking. I use WATP religiously and still when I tackle the mountain hills, I huff and puff. I love it though. And spring - I can't wait. I really want warm weather and sunshine!!!
Marie

Parrish
03-31-2006, 01:08 PM
Yesterday I was not a good girl on my FL4I diet: before bed I ate a massive handful of M&Ms and a large soft wonderful chocolate chunk cooky. sigh. I have put off weighing for a few days so I'm not totally disenheartened! ha.

Today is all fruits and veggies so I'm back on track.

Lots of calves being dropped, 40 down and about 50 to go! The weather is rainy and cruddy. The cows are loving the private suites they get in the barn after they calve.

I'm adding treadmill to the routine tomorrow...maybe I can allay the "49-year-old-blob-body-blues" with the combination of this metabolism diet and trotting on the treadmill.

Good luck everyone and have a great weekend.

Marie
03-31-2006, 07:43 PM
Parrish, oh that would be so cool to see all the calves. I live in ranch land and love spring when I see all the baby cows. BTW, I chat at them as I drive by, welcoming them to the world. I know, I'm a little nuts. Today, I saw a real sign of spring, a couple baby lambies. Oh my, they are so adorable. And your snack last night would hit the spot right about now. :) I'm trying not to munch but I sure want to.

Good luck with the treadmill. I love my Walk Away the Pounds DVDs since I can walk rain or shine. I bet that's the same with a treadmill. DH won't let me get one - understandable since I have a nordic track, Gazelle, and exercycle that I don't use. I point out I do use the DVDs and he said that is good, but they're way cheaper. He does have a point. Have a great weekend.
Marie

srmb60
03-31-2006, 09:22 PM
I talk to the neighbour's cattle. They all come to the fence and watch me walk by. The least I can do is greet them :)

buddha belly
04-01-2006, 12:58 PM
Well didn't do so well on the eating or exercise the past week, but managed to lose two more pounds for the month. Walked 77.35 miles and burned 10,665 calories on the treadmill.

I am going to treat this as a quarterly thing. Thinking if I start eating good now my body will think I am just starting a diet, and I will get that extra push, lol. So for last quarter, I lost 7 lbs, and walked 236.8 miles and burned 30,863 calories on my goal of 100,000 calories.

Does anyone know, do hot flashes burn calories?

Marie
04-01-2006, 03:41 PM
I don't know about the hot flashes. I hope so, so that when I hit perimenopause I'll have a bonus. :) I was curious on the calories and I went to about.com walking calculator and put in my numbers, and it says I burn 450 calories for my 3 mile walk. What does your treadmill say, buddha? Your calories burned vs. the distance seems low on their calculator. Who's is right???:?: :?: :?: Anyways, congrats on the 77.35 miles. You beat me - I went 75.2 during March. For 40+ chickies that pretty darn good.
Marie

buddha belly
04-01-2006, 05:59 PM
Marie, today the treadmill gave me 3.8 miles and 515 calories. I started at 4.0 mph and 6.5% incline, but had to reduce it along the way to 3.9 and 3.8 miles (cause of pulse going too high). Today's weight was 153 - whenever I lose a lb, the calories go down. Program in Age, weight - and then it keeps track of whether your heart rate is in the correct range, and at the end it tells you how many minutes you walked in range.

I need to find a board to ask the hot flash question - because I think I should have gained this week but have been having lots of hot flashes so think maybe that burned more calories, lol.

Marie
04-01-2006, 06:19 PM
That would be so cool to burn cals with hot flashes. There has got to be a benefit to menopause. I like your little treadmill computer. I went to about.com when I saw your numbers and was curious to see how many cals I burn while walking. It said that at 5 miles per hour for 3 miles at my weight, I burn 460 calories. I thought that was pretty cool. So I multiplied that out by March's numbers and was depressed to think that I should have lost more weight. Oh well. I'm exercising for my mental health more than anything else. (I'm bi-polar and off meds at the moment - exercise and light therapy is keeping it in control at the moment)

Well, have a great night!!!!
Marie

Parrish
04-03-2006, 02:47 PM
Thanks for all the cattle and dieting encouragement!

How do I go about starting a new thread? I would like to start one regarding this diet I'm trying (FL4I).

Marie
04-03-2006, 06:47 PM
Parrish, what is the diet? I've never heard of it.

Parrish
04-04-2006, 10:09 AM
http://**************.com/?hop=webleadsol is the website.

It is basically a restricted-calorie, high-protein type of diet. I like it because I love nuts (macadamia, cashews, etc.) and I do well on a strict non-cooking type of menu. I lead a very busy lifestyle and during the day this works great for me. Nighttime is difficult, but with the concrete time limit of 11 days, self-control is easier. A time limit between the four meals/day is 2.5 hours.

I will let you know how I do after this week! Two weeks ago I lost 5 pounds and so far have kept it off.

My 49yo metabolism needed to be shaken up and this diet seems to do that fairly effectively.

Parrish
04-04-2006, 04:32 PM
MMarie,
oops, the address garbled up...
Here is the correct address: www.**************.com

Parrish
04-04-2006, 04:33 PM
OK, I give up trying to get a web address in here! Just Google it, I guess!

buddha belly
04-05-2006, 07:30 PM
Well I am stalled in my exercise - I am sick. So I hurt when I move and hurt when I don't. But my weight seems to be staying the same anyway.

Marie, you talk of using light therapy - is that because Oregon gets pretty bleak in the winter? Like Seattle and those places where there is not enough sunshine?

Marie
04-05-2006, 09:17 PM
Buddha, I use the light therapy for the depression side of my bi-polar. I also have been diagnosed with SAD. To be honest, I live in the desert and mountains, just above California. Supposedly, a desert is supposed to be dry but I live in a desert rain forest lately. So in a way, this winter has been bleak but not always. The Pacific is just dumping storm after storm. So definitely the light therapy helped this winter because of the gloomy days. But the theory behind it is that the days are shorter so you don't get as much light. I know that I've always had more problems in the winter no matter where I live and this has been a big help.

Buddha, sure sorry to here that you're sick. Is it temporary, like a cold or more serious. I will exercise for you. Heck I'm eating for you too. :)

Parrish, how's the diet going?
Marie

srmb60
04-06-2006, 09:23 AM
Well Goils, today I'm going bra shopping. Now that used to be a horrible and expensive chore. But now ... I don't mind so much. I'm going to a regular store and get a regular size and sometimes they're even on sale!
My mother of the bride dress needs a bit of alteration and I should get proper undergarments before I go see my friend the seamstress.

Are you feeling better today Buddha?
Morning Marie! Morning Parrish!

Hotsplashes
04-06-2006, 09:55 AM
MOrning everyone...just passin' thru to say I'm still here!!!

Marie
04-06-2006, 04:11 PM
Sounds like a blast Susan. I admit I like shopping for pretty undergarments. Sort of an obsession I have. Currently I'm in blah nude colors, but pretty soon I will spark up my dresser with pretty colors again.

Hi Hots!

Having a fun day at work - I'm actually having to work. Bummer, huh? :)

srmb60
04-06-2006, 07:03 PM
I got plain old white wonderbra full support. I tried on a few cute things and fondled some pretty coloured things but .... Let's face it ... they sag! I just can't do the weinie little stretch straps. Too bad, there's some pretty ones.
They were, however, half price!

Marie
04-07-2006, 01:11 PM
Totally agree about the tinie weinie little cutesy bras. I think they're adorable, but I want the support, especially across my back. Susan, you' probably made a wise choice. Go for the cutesy clothes instead. :)
Marie

buddha belly
04-07-2006, 01:40 PM
Susan, can I ask a question, knowing that you can't really give medical advice, and all that. I think I have the flu, and if I take ibuprofen - does the amount of time I bring the fever down just get extended onto the end, in other words make it last longer?

Thanks in advance.

srmb60
04-07-2006, 01:54 PM
Nope, I've never heard of that. If it's just the flu and if it's not a terribly high fever ... it's gonna last a day or two whether or not you take anything. You just make it more bearable if you do get it down for a while.

An old Doc from around here used to say that a cold lasts a week and a half but if you take medications it only lasts ten days :)

And you're right. I can't give advice! If you have any other medical problems or other things arise ... ask your personal expert!

buddha belly
04-07-2006, 02:11 PM
Thanks Susan - last time I had the flu, the fever lasted 5 days and I didn't swallow pills and liquid tylenol did absolutely nothing for me. I am thinking this is going to be five days also - 3 days, it would have stopped by now, but I now can cut ibuprofen in 1/2 and swallow that. Just that I need to go to work on Monday, no ifs, ands, or buts.

Marie
04-07-2006, 06:56 PM
Hey buddha, what about getting children's advil (syrup or chewables)? That might help.

srmb60
04-08-2006, 12:07 PM
I'm sorry your bug is hanging on. That's sooo miserable!
This weekend we're doing the wedding shower thing for my DD. One today and one tomorrow. I'll probably journal and be a bit careful. I don't know about exercise, maybe I'll do some this evening. Unwind after spending the whole afternoon being still and polite ;)

srmb60
04-09-2006, 10:41 AM
Oh my gosh! My neice made these squares! Oi!
Today, I'm going to go biking first and I'd better chew gum at the shower!

buddha belly
04-10-2006, 10:04 PM
OMG, we were on page 3!!!. Think my fever is all gone - this morning the thermometer came back 97.2 - guess there is a negative factor to not being able to close your mouth for the process (then how would I breathe). The incessent coughing is getting very old - course I thought that five days ago. But made it through a whole day at work. Did not eat well though - hope I can keep my losses off.

How and where is everyone????

srmb60
04-11-2006, 08:01 AM
I'm glad you're feeling better Buddha!
I'm hoping that folks are spending time outside in the spring weather instead of inside at the computer. We'll just have to make a point of checking in more often.
I'm sure Marie's around here somewhere :)