Support Groups - Mom's Losing Weight MAY

View Full Version : Mom's Losing Weight MAY

melmcc99
05-17-2005, 12:55 PM
Please join us if you are a mom who knows how hard it is to lose weight. We will hold each other's hand and laugh and cry together here. We will do this! It may take some time and that's ok as long as we stick together and support each other!

michellejy
05-17-2005, 03:48 PM
Hey, Mel. It's good to see you around. I think all of us are doing a bit cruddy lately (or maybe I'm just projecting? :lol: )

I have someone here trying to fix my cable for the second day in a row. Hopefully it will work this time, but my connection keeps going up and down while they work on it.

blondiewyandt
05-17-2005, 09:48 PM
Hi,
My name is Jessica I am a stay at home mom. I need to lose 75 to 100 pounds. I have 2 boys 4 and 6 yr olds and a great husband of 8 yrs. I am 26 yrs old. I started monday but I need some major support and advice. Any suggestions would be great on losing weight and staying motovated.Looks like a great group to join in on. Have a great night!!

michellejy
05-18-2005, 12:27 AM
Hi, Jessica. I moved about a year and a half ago to PA from near Columbus, Ohio, and I still miss living in Ohio. The best thing I've found for staying motivated is having a workout I actually enjoy, which for me couldn't be traditional aerobics. I experiment with all sorts of things, and lately I'm hooked on belly dancing. This is a great group of women so I'm sure you'll find lots of support.

melmcc99
05-18-2005, 07:15 AM
welcome Jessica!

blondiewyandt
05-18-2005, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the nice welcomes. I am trying hard to lose weight but it is so hard and at night I get so hungry.
Michelle >>> So neat you lived near me I am from Bucyrus Ohio. Nice to meet u hope to get to know you more.
Nice to meet you to melissa hope you get to know you better and any advice on weightloss I am all ears.
Have a great Day!!
Hugs

Skysthelimit
05-18-2005, 03:47 PM
Hi my name is Sherry I'm a stay at home mom to my stepson (11) and my son (2). I'm looking to lose about 110 pounds. I have been overweight since I was in the 2nd grade and have tried to lose weight but have failed everytime. I now need to lose weight since I have been told by my fertility doctor that I have PCOS, DH and I want another child but our insurance won't cover the fertility doctor for infertility treatments so our next choice is to go natural. Which means I really need to lose weight. I'm hopeing that I can get the support I need from these boards and hopefully make a few friends. I also need a clue as how to start :lol:.

blondiewyandt
05-18-2005, 09:50 PM
HI Sherry sorry to here your insurance wont cover that. Its upsetting sometimes what they wont cover. You can do it . I do lowfat 1200 cal and under 30 fat. I exercise well I have been doing the trampoline outside. Wow it gets your heart pumpin lol. Plus my kids love me playing on it with them. Well they cant jump when i do or they will go flying off ha ha. I have 2 kids Anthony is 6 will be 7 in July and bryan is 4 Just turned in March.
It was nice to meet you and I hope I get to know you better.
Hugs

chrily
05-18-2005, 11:38 PM
Hi Mel...Hi CHelle....Welcome Jessica...Welcome Sherry! I forgot to check in yesterday...don't whip me. Just been busy busy busy. Actually yesterday, I took my mom to a my rheumatologist and had her checked out...FINALLY! He's 99% sure she has Rheumatoid Arthritis like me. She's can't straighten her arms, legs, fingers, and hands at all anymore. Her one knee is swollen and so full of fluid that it's 2 times the size of her other leg. Every joint he touched was tender and excruciating for her. I wish I could have gotten her to go in earlier...but I begged and pleaded and just kept up with it until she agreed. We got the x-rays done and tomorrow she gets all her blood work done to see what exactly we are dealing with. If it is indeed RA, he said he's going to put her on Methotrexate like me.

Anyhow...To Jessica and Sherry, Hi, my name is Chris. I'm a stay at home mom with 3 girls. Tiana is 11. Kayla just turned 6. Nicole is 2 1/2. I work part time for my dad. He has a candy warehouse...go figure where alot of my weight came from. I have RA as I said in the above paragraph. Live in Montana and have done WW and South Beach and now am kind of following SB again along with a twist on the Oprah Bootcamp program. I've lost 29 lbs. since May of 2004 and want to lose 39 more. I'm sick of the granny panties and the ugly clothes. I want to wear something hip and trendy...(as long as its t-shirts and jeans though.... :lol: )

Must go. I have Nicole in the bathtub and she needs her hair washed. She's sitting in there with 10 little Barbie and Bratz bodies floating around her. KInd of like a scene out of Titanic. Bizarre child.

TTFN,
chris

blondiewyandt
05-19-2005, 01:09 AM
Hello Chris nice to meet you. I have 2 boys and mine also like lots of toys in bath tub LOL. Your stats look great 29 pounds fantastic!! Well better go.

michellejy
05-19-2005, 09:33 AM
Welcome, Sherry. You'll find a lot of support in this group. I've decided that if I do have another child, I want my weight now to be my maximum weight, not my starting!

Jessica- you probably want more than 1200 calories. I started out doing that and dropped quite a bit quickly, but then I hit a plateau that just wouldn't budge. Plus I noticed I was more likely to become suddenly starving and binge. Of course, if it worked for me like it's obviously working for you, I probably wouldn't be willing to change. :lol: If you get stuck though, consider upping your calories to at least 1400-1500.

Chris- I practically bribe my kid to take quick baths these days. I start a bath shortly before something she wants to watch on tv comes on or else I end up in there with her forever! :D

chrily
05-19-2005, 01:51 PM
Jessica,
I also did the plateau thing from going to low with my calorie intake. When I upped it a couple hundred calories, the weight started coming off again. I am desperate to get the rest of this weight off of me. I want to prove to myself that I can do it and it is possible.

Gotta check on the kiddies. Hi Chelle...how's your day going? I haven't bribed anybody for short baths yet, but I am starting the bribery for the potty training. I told Nicole if she can keep her panties on and dry and keep it up and be a good girl, I would buy her a big toy. I think I'll make a chart and get some stars she can stick on it so she can see how well she is doing. I am sick of buying pullups. Those buggers get expensive. If I can save myself 60-70 bucks a week, I'm there baby!

~gotta go. DH called and wants some sandwiches to take with him for lunch. TTFN

~chris

blondiewyandt
05-19-2005, 03:04 PM
Hi everyone,
Michelle>> Yes I have read to make sure you get enough calories in so I thought I would take your advice and up it to 1500 to 1700. Aim towards that. You are very helpful .Thanks
Chris>>> You are doing great I am so desperate to get below 200.I am going to try so hard. I have never done ww before you like it? I need a more schduled eating plan.
I have had for today so far.
Oatmeal 140 cals
Bread 140 cals
Turkey 60 cals
Regular swiss chesse 70 cals
2 pickels 40 cals
doing good so far I am going grocery shopping tonight for some more healthy stuff.
Well have a great Day everyone.

sharqueen76
05-19-2005, 10:39 PM
Hello everyone!! I sure have missed you all! Now that things have settled down on my end I am ready to give you ladies an update..The kids and I are settled in our new apartment. My husband and I are still seperated but are now on talking terms. He takes the kids every other weekend(via court ordered). We have joint custody with me having physical custody of the kids. I Love my new job sooo much!! I am an Resident companion at a nursing home. On June 20th I will be starting my trianing to be a Certified Nurses Aide! I'm really looking forward to it. Since I already work there they will be paying me while I am in training!! I don't have my license but I have finally signed up for my road test!! I will be taking that on June 9th at 2pm after I get out of work(excited and nervous). My sister is giving me her car which is in excellent condition. She just got a new car, so it's all mine and just waiting for me to pass the road test! The best part of all is that with all that has been going on that I am at 154!!! My job requires me to be on my feet the whole time I am working, plus right now I have to walk 2 miles every morning to catch the bus. I am getting exercise in everyday! I am also making healthy eating choices. I am back on the wagon and ready to see this weight come off.

Hello Sherry and Jessica! My name is Jeniqua. I am a 28 year old mother to 3 children, Jasmine 6, Juliesa 4 and JT 3. I live in Upstate NY. I am looking forward to getting to know the both of you!

Mel and Chris~ Hey Girls!! It's soo great to be back. Where has everyone been?? Mel are you still staying active? How are you doing Chris?

I better go to be. 5am will be here before I know it. Again, I am so glad to be back! Nite ladies...

michellejy
05-20-2005, 09:11 AM
Jeniqua - It's great to hear things are working out so well for you now. I'm terribly jealous that you are losing weight, but you deserve it with all that hard work! :)

Chris - I think I bribed Sage to be potty trained too :D Of course, the only thing I really remember was for an entire weekend setting a timer for ever 30 minutes and making her try to use the bathroom whether she thought she needed to or not. Then I didn't let her have anything to drink past a certain time at the end of the night. Fortunately, by the end of that weekend she was fully potty trained and never had an accident after it.

Jessica - I did WW about 3 years ago and lost 50 pounds. What I liked about it was that it told me how many calories to eat, but that nothing was forbidden. Plus since I did it online, there were a few recipes on the site that I ended up using that even my little girl loved. I didn't do it this time around because I ended up spending a lot of money monthly and not sticking with it. Plus I realized that with programs like Fitday (or other similar programs), I can track my calories, the nutritional balance of what I'm eating, and how much I burn with exercise. Since that was mainly what I used WW for and I didn't have to pay a monthly fee, it had the same effect for me. I think the toughest part (for me at least) is journaling every day and being honest about portion sizes and every bite that goes into your mouth.

I managed to exercise yesterday (although my lapse was definitely showing since I couldn't make it through the whole DVD), and I plan to do it again today in a little bit. Of course, I also have to do laundry, pack for the weekend, clean up the place a bit, and run to UPS to drop off stuff. It would be so much easier to diet if life stopped interfering ;)

blondiewyandt
05-20-2005, 12:24 PM
HI everyone :smug: ,
Woo hoo Friday. Raining here though seems like it all it has been doing. I like sunny nice days about 75 will do. I made it threw last night so I am going on day 3 but guess what weighed this morning and I have lost 2 pounds. So I guess tuffing it out at night is working thank goodness cause it is so hard.

Jeniqua>>> Nice to meet you. I wanted to say by reading what you wrote sounds like you are doing so great Im happy for you. Wow your weight looks good I want to get below 200 I will be happy. Walking is real good for weightloss 2 miles fantastic.. Look forward to knowing you better.

michelle>>> Hi dont you think sometimes they way over charge to eat healthy and try to lose weight. I bet I spend allot more on diet food than anything I buy food for me then buy kids and hubbys food. I dont let my kids eat junk food well once in a while I do but I figure I am the one who feeds them so why not make it healthy too. I just wished sometimes someone made my food and said thats it all you get :lol: Then maybe I would really lose. I tend to over eat when my plate is empty I want more. But working on that now ruff but what isnt.
Well better go have a great friday everyone.

chrily
05-20-2005, 06:53 PM
Jeniqua-Hey girl! Glad to hear things are going good and that you did indeed get physical custody of your kids. 154! How awesome is that. My numbers creeped up a bit but I've been trying to behave lately, exercising and eating better but haven't jumped back on the scale. TOM is due here any day so I think I may just wait until after it's gone and then weigh in. Things sound like they are really looking up and doing great for you. A car, a driving test, a new apt...and training to be a CNA! You go girl! Also glad to hear that you and your H are talking a little. Not much happening here. Battling the sick stuff again. Kelly had strep and mono and ended up in the ER for fluids from dehydration. Nicole is back to breathing treatments. She got a cold and she's not fighting it off so well. I do have an appt. for her in June with an allergist to see what's going on and get her on some medicine to prevent some of this instead of treating it after she starts breathing bad. Other than that...Michelle won the last BLC challenge. Mel was a close...and Tabitha took second. I pooped out the last 3 weeks or so and just couldn't get it back together again. Still struggling to get myself motivated and working on this the way I should be. Well take care. I'm going to go dig up more weeds in the garden and hopefully we'll have some plants in it this weekend.

Michelle- i may try the timed weekend approach if this doesn't work. I won't time her this weekend because we won't be home much of tomorrow. My 2 nieces are having a dance performance tomorrow afternoon and I don't want to be popping in and out of my seat to run up the stairs to go potty. She is doing good. I let her wear a pullup today for a bit because she was coughing so hard again...I was afraid she might just do it on accident. Of course she coughed so hard she threw up again. She did last night too. I have her loaded up with her abuterol and some cough/cold medicine so hopefully that'll help her for awhile.

Talk to ya all later. I'm going to go dig and then get dinner ready and go feed my dad's cats.

~chris

blondiewyandt
05-21-2005, 02:29 AM
Have a great weekend everyone!!
Hugs

Skysthelimit
05-21-2005, 12:02 PM
I think I need someone with a hot poker behind me to start me exercising :lol:. Oh well that will all change come June 1st hopefully I won't find any excuses :lol:. Right now I'm taking it slow and trying to get myself organized before I really start, I already went grocery shopping and did a pretty good job of it. I also got a few things extra I really needed to help me out. Next on my list is to make an excercise schedule since Dh needs to be here to watch the kids while I get out and walk. Slowly I go but I'll be ready by June 1st :).

chrily
05-21-2005, 08:07 PM
Just checkin in for the day. I went to my nieces' dance performance and then took Nicole into the doctor. She threw up on my in the middle of the dance stuff from coughing. And then on the way home she was crying and saying her "butt" hurt. Well I took her in and much to my surprise, she has an ear infection too, along with the wheezing in her lungs, and a bladder infection. Talk about doing it all at one time. So we have amoxicillin to take along with Pediapred to take the inflammation out of her lungs.

So back home I am. Not sure what kind of exercise, if any, I'll get done. I still have to feed the family and then go down to my dad's to feed his cats, and bring in the mail.

~chris

blondiewyandt
05-21-2005, 10:34 PM
Hi everyone,
I have lost 3 pounds so I am happy. I havent cheated at night at all so it is paying off. Had a yard sale today and exercised on trampoline outside. So I got my exercise i too.

chrily>>> I am so sorry to hear that she is so sick. I hope shegets better you are in my thoughts. Hugs :) My kids are having a hard time cough,runny,nose and there eyes are real watery . I think maybe allergies. I just hope they get better.

Skysthelimit>>> Okay here you go POKE did you feel it.. :lol: You can do it you will get your exercise in and do just fine. Nice chattin with you the other day hope to get to know you better. Have a good weakend.

Well I am off to rest. Kids are in bed and I am tired. :yawn:

michellejy
05-23-2005, 05:58 PM
Hey, everybody. I was back home in Ohio for the weekend and doing lots of running with my mom so I didn't get on the computer. This is just a quick fly by since I'll be taking Sage to ice skating in a few.

Chris- you just can't get a break!

I haven't noticed that health food costs more, but I think it's because all of my eating habits changed when I moved to PA. I have to feed an ex-rugby player who was used to eating salad, main dish, side dishes, and dessert for dinner every night. Now that gets expensive!

chrily
05-23-2005, 07:12 PM
Michelle and Jessica...
No breaks from the sickies in this house.... :D Now I have it again. My head is pounding and my chest is tight again and I'm coughing like crazy. I think my head hurts more from coughing so hard than from this stupid virus. I swear...(*&^%$#@), this stuff is never going to end or let up.

I still haven't checked the scale. I am so scared to. My jeans have been tighter. Tight enought to have to buy a different pair. Not good. I'm trying though. I'm back to the basic principles again. Eat less and more of the right stuff and more exercise. Right now is challenging for me, with TOM around the corner and lurking. I'm sure I have some water weight. So I'll weigh in after TOM is gone.

Gotta go rest my little head. It's threatening to blow.

~chris

blondiewyandt
05-24-2005, 02:29 PM
chrily>>> Hi my kids have been sick for weeks and same here I have it my throat and I am coughing it is driving me nuts. My littles Bryan has a cold cough and a cold in his eyes . Since my older boy anthony went to kindergarten my kids are always sick :( . Hope you get better soon I know how you feel. Hugs

michellejy>>> I guess since I buy healthy Choice dinners the cost adds up. Have a good time in Ohio thats where I live :D

I have lost 5 pounds and doing great on my diet. Well better go have a great day!! :)

michellejy
05-24-2005, 10:20 PM
My daughter has been sick so much this year- sinus infections, pink eye, the flu... Yep, going to school just causes a never-ending cycle.

TOM is around the corner for me too (well, it's late at the moment, but that's normal). I swear, it feels like even my skin is tight this month. There is no more room for water weight!

chrily
05-25-2005, 12:11 AM
Chelle, I think I'm retaining a lake's worth of water in my body. My stomach is rounder looking and my fingers feel tight. I did get in a 2 mile walk at the college track tonight. Maybe that will help a bit.

Jessica-Congrats on the 5 lbs down! You are doing awesome. So...what's the secret behind your weight loss...hmmmm???? ;) I'm lookin for some helpful hints. Are you doing any particular program like WW or South Beach?

Okay...enough of my prying little questions huh? I'm going to play a game of lateri on yahoo and then get my butt to bed.

TTFN and see you in the morning.

~chris

blondiewyandt
05-25-2005, 12:48 AM
chrily, I eat around 1200 to 1500 cals a day , under 30 fat I guess its my own little plan. As far as exercise I have been onmy kids trampoline outside its fun lol. I do lowfat and have never not been able to lose just gotta not go back to that darn junk food. When I am bored I like to eat so I am also working on that. What plan or what are you doing to lose weight?? No matter what dont give up. :)

michellejy>>> I just got done with TOM hate it. water retaining very uncomfy. when my skin gets tight like my fingers they hurt when i bend them. Good thing it only last a few days.LOL!!

I am tired tonight from being sick. Seems to just drain me. Well everyone have a good night!!!

sharqueen76
05-25-2005, 06:45 AM
Hello everyone! I is 6:30 in the morning. I am up getting ready to get myself and my kids dressed. I have to be to work at 8am. I am doing good so far. I have cut sweets out of my diet. I have 2 months to lose as much weight as I can before the wedding I'm in is here in August.

Chris~ Hi Girl!! You are always so busy. I know you're bumming about the weight gain but I know that you will turn things around. YOU CAN DO IT!! I need you to hold me accountable as well. I'm sorry your daughter was sick. Is she doing better now? Did you walk on the track? I know that must of felt good. I started my Firm videos again. They really give you a workout but the results are amazing. Well, I'm back here looking for motivation daily sooo I'll be cheering you on all the way!! GO CHRIS GO!!

Jessica~ You're doing great!! I need some of your motivation. I am back here daily now soo you can kick my butt if you need to..LOL!! Thanks for the warm welcome and your kind words. Lets make today a great healthy eating and exercise day.

Sherry~ Here's a big kick in the butt to help get you motivated...did you feeel it....LOL? You can do it!!

Well I better get going but I'll be back later. Have a great day everyone!!

michellejy
05-26-2005, 12:03 PM
I'm just taking a break from making jewelry at the moment because my hands hurt. I'm falling apart :lol: I need to make gifts for a couple of my daughter's teachers. I thought about giving something I already had done, but I'm in the mood to make new designs so I need to do that while I'm feeling creative :)

Skysthelimit
05-26-2005, 12:55 PM
I'm sitting here wondering what I can do for the summer (Since my stepson is now out of school today was his last day). We don't have alot of money and now because of my car acting the way it is we can't go anywhere in my car. So I got to thinking about getting the bikes into shape to ride to the park (1 1/2 miles there and a 1 1/2 miles back) my big question is would I really make it? :lol: I haven't done any excercising since back in March. Oh and BTW I have to pull a trailer on my bike since my son is only two. Now to get out to the road I have to trudge it up a hill (fun huh?) pulling the trailer behind me :lol:. Oh well just a thought I don't even know if the trailer is in good enough shape or not.

chrily
05-28-2005, 07:10 PM
I'm taking a break from all the family activities to play on the computer for a bit.

Jeniqua-Hey girl! How's the weekend going for you? Did your little ones get out of school for the summer yet? Mine are home and probably ready to drive me nuts. :dizzy:

Skysthelimit-You can do it! I have arthritis and I tote two kids around in my trailer on my bike. It's actually fun. My arms will hurt for a couple days afterwards but I like getting outside. I won't lie...you do wear yourself out pretty good but at least its a good tired.

Jessica-WHere are you? I suppose with Memorial Day weekend, we are all kind of busy.

Chelle-Where the heck are you too? Have a great weekend.

Well tomorrow we are hosting a family BBQ at our house so tomorrow is the LAST day that I'm going to eat wrong. After that, I'm going to go back on South Beach again. Monday is a good day to start.

TTFN, gotta play a computer game before DH gets back.... :s:

~ chris

blondiewyandt
05-29-2005, 12:04 AM
Hi everyone,
Yes I have been busy busy we are cleaning and remodeling the house. I did have pizza today so that isnt too good but tasted good :D But wiith being so busy and getting allot of exercise I hope it didnt do to much damage. :?: besides all that it started raining today real bad well it quit and the sun came out so I said oh great i can get my yard sale out. Ya right I get it all set up and bam another bad rain storm we where running around getting everything put back away talk about moving but I was mad as well all that work and rained again owell thats life I guess. But then we rented a movie and relaxed so all is well.

chrily>>> You are sweet for wondering where I am. :)

Skysthelimit>>> You can do it as long as it isnt to hot. Sorry about your car. Hugs.

michellejy>>> You like making jewel thats neat. We use to do bead necklaces. That was relaxing.

BIGtimeLOSER
05-29-2005, 08:53 PM
I just thought I'd pop in and say hi! Life has me so busy, I can't think straight. But I do miss you all SO much!

Still working, still have sick kids every time I turn around...Hope just had surgery on her ear last week.

I am starting back on plan with a girl I work with on Tuesday. I hope to be able to come here for motivation as well, just wondering which thread to join since I am no longer a SAHM! Wish I was sometimes, but the kids get to do the summer camp activities at the daycare I work at, so this will be the best summer ever for them! They get field trips each week and swimming twice a day!

I haven't gained, but haven't lost...I do tend to fluctuate the same 5 pounds or so...I am also getting back into exercise this week, as my summer hours will give me more time to do so!

That's enough about me for now...tell me about all of you...some seem to be AWOL :?: Hope everyone is well!

Hello to those I haven't met yet...I am Cindi, mom of 7, who works as a mom away from home in the infant class at the daycare I work at. Love my job, just not enough time in the day for everything anymore. It could always be worse though!

Love to all!!!

chrily
05-30-2005, 01:25 PM
Hey Cindy...long time, no write! Yes, some are awol lately. Kind of makes a person feel lost a bit. I still check in here and so does Jeniqua, and Melissa. I hear ya on the sick kids....seems like I'm surrounded by them constantly around here too.

Sorry so short. After the family BBQ yesterday, there is a ton of stuff to clean up. We all had a great time though. Kelly has some talent is his family...so we had Randy (a brother), Monty (Randy's son), Faron (another brother), Curt (another brother) and Sara (Randy's daughter) singing and playing the guitar. Saw some slides of the family...and ate tons of stuff. TTFN and check back later.

~chris

michellejy
05-30-2005, 03:59 PM
The kid is off school today so I'm just doing a quick drop in. One of the neighbors is having a get together tonight so I need to make some berry cobbler to take over.

chrily
05-31-2005, 11:47 AM
Just a quickie post for me until later today. THe kids are out of school for the summer and I'm trying to make sure my house doesn't turn into a big disaster area. I'm doing good with eating so far today. I had my eggs and V-8 juice for breakfast. My best success has been on South Beach before, so I'm going to do that again. I just can't handle potatoes, pasta, etc. I eat it and then I want more and overdo it and then the weight comes back on...and not slowly either. I'll stick with my salads and such. You'd be surprised at what tastes good with the plain old green stuff... Well I'll check back this afternoon.

~chris

michellejy
06-01-2005, 02:12 PM
My parents are coming for a visit so I should be cleaning right now. My jewelry supplies are steadily taking over the entire house- including the guest room so I'm trying to get that all organized. I guess I better get back to work :)

Skysthelimit
06-01-2005, 02:44 PM
Just started workingout as of today. It looked really yucky and rainy today here so I decided to workout inside after I put my son in bed to take a nap. I did sit-ups, pushups, I ran in place stuff along that line for about 20 mins. If it clears up I might go walking later or something maybe if I don't get too busy with something else.

chrily
06-01-2005, 08:00 PM
Hey Sherry! Congrats on getting some exercise in. I haven't yet today. My head is pounding and I just don't feel like it. I'm supposed to meet my sister over at my mom's house. We're going to force her to go through some stuff so we can declutter her house a bit...and make her sell it in a garage sale. :devil:

Chelle-Your house sounds like mine. I have my husband's invoices scattered from here to kingdom come. I need to sit down and organize it all. YUCK!

Anyhow...no news from me. I'm going to play a quick game of literati and go to my mom's. TTFN

~chris

michellejy
06-02-2005, 10:25 AM
I have most of my jewelry stuff boxed up and in the closet in the guest room now. Of course, it means no guest can actually use that closet, but at least it isn't all in boxes on the floor now. :lol:

blondiewyandt
06-03-2005, 12:46 AM
Hello everyone,
Glad you all are doing good . Good job on exercising Sherry!! Just poped in to say hi.
Have a good night!

Flutterby-Whispers
06-03-2005, 01:50 AM
Hi you guys! :)

I've been lurking around the site for a few days now, and it looked like a lot of fun so I joined and have been posting just a bit here and there .. I was mostly hoping to find a buddy group and in reading through them this one looks to be like one I'd fit in. I'm a mama to three boys who are 6 and 4.5yrs old and I have A LOT of weight to lose lol I was fine really until I became pg with twins and since having them I have really struggled with getting the weight off but being a SAHM food is always in my face! oye lol

Anyhow I'd love to join you guys if you have room for more :)

michellejy
06-03-2005, 10:09 AM
Welcome, Nessa- I was going to start a June thread, but since you just joined, I don't want you to get lost. Either that or I'm lazy. Go with whichever explanation :lol:

I am so irritated today. I've ordered some used books off of Amazon lately because even with the shipping, they are less than Amazon's prices. I've had no problems so far until yesterday. I get a book in the mail, and when I open it, it's one I already have. So I'm sitting there feeling like an idiot for ordering the same book twice from two different people when I look at the invoice sent with the book. The person who sent it actually scratched out the title I ordered and wrote in the one they decided to send instead. So obviously, I email the chick right away to say she sent the wrong book and ask about getting the right one. She sends me this really rude email about how she has never had a problem with a customer before and I obviously must not have read the description of what she was selling since she said in it that she was selling a different book than the one that was listed.

Um, okay, let's start with how many things are wrong with that statement. First of all, the book she sent me is also sold on Amazon, so wouldn't it make a bit of sense to list it there? (I think she intentionally didn't because used copies of the book she sent are selling for $1.00 each, and I was charged over $10.00 for the one I ordered from her.) Second of all, I'm sure I would have read the description that said "I'm not selling this book. I'll just send you something random, okay?" Then she actually has the nerve to suggest I just keep it anyway. Uh, no.

So I email her back and say that it didn't occur to me that when the exact book she sent was also sold on Amazon that anyone would list that book as a used copy under a totally different author and title. So I told her if she has the correct book, I'd like an exchange, and if not, I want a refund. She sends me back this really snippy email that she'll refund my money, but she has to make sure the book is in the same condition it was sent in. Excuse me?!?! I got it yesterday and didn't even open it since I already own it.

Okay, just needed to get that out of my system. Back to diet, exercise and other productive things :)

chrily
06-03-2005, 11:27 AM
Welcome Neesa,
You found a great group to be with. I'm Chris. SAHM of 3 girls...Tiana (11), Kayla (6), and Nicole (3 in 2 months). I'm struggling right along with you on this weight loss thing. I was skinny as a rail until I had kids. It's hard to believe and really hard to swallow that in high school I was 119. Now I'm 201 (I know everyone, my ticker is wrong). I have rheumatoid arthritis. Yeah! :( I could have lived without getting that but I'm getting along fine with it. I just turned 34 in April. Check in everyday and post as much as you want. I check in a few times a day to see what's going on.

Chelle-Your amazon.com problem sounds like one of my buys on ebay. I bid on a lot of 4/5 summer clothes for Nicole and when I get them, they look nothing like the picture and they're all size 6. So I emailed her and she got snippy and said she'd give me a refund (which I never got) and so I emailed her back a couple weeks ago and told her how disappointed I was with the transaction and that I would never bid on any of her auctions again. She got snippy again and said the clothes I got were high quality and I shouldn't complain. They are all winter clothes, sweats and stuff and no high end items. None of the pieces were even matching sets and some had stains and they smelled like cigarette smoke. (the auction also said from a smoke-free/ pet-free home). OH yeah...the hazards of buying online. I've been screwed a few times.

Okay ladies...Jeniqua, where are you? Hi Jessica! I gotta get ready and go to the bank and then get my stepmom a birthday present. She's the big 4-9 today. Hmmm...what to do next year for the "over the Hill" birthday????

~chris

Flutterby-Whispers
06-03-2005, 12:49 PM
Hi you guys! :)

Thanks so much for the welcome!

Michelle ~ oohhh dang I would be raising **** if that were me, how rude! I'd make darn sure you got a refund and I'd report her to half.com AND leave negative feedback ~ I really dislike people like that it ruins online shopping. I hope things work out for you!

Chris ~ depressing isn't it! lol I used to be in a size 6/7 sometimes 5 if I was lucky right before I got pg with my first, now I'm in a tight 18 lose 20 it's just no fun and I really hate it, am looking forward to enjoying who I am again :)

bleh on your shopping experience as well! I think I need to start knocking on wood before I buy again lol so far I've had pretty good luck and when I haven't I've recieved a refund no problem.

So, can I ask how are you all losing your weight? Right now following the WW'ers plan at home and doing a mixture of walk away the pounds tapes by leslie samson, winsor pilates and when I feel up to it I use my eliptikiller machine ~ but it's kind of hard on my knees w/ how much I weigh, but hopefully soon that will change!

chrily
06-03-2005, 05:24 PM
Nessa, I started out with WW online and did Walk away the Pounds tapes. It worked pretty good for a long time. I hit a plateau and did South Beach for a little while and lost 7 pounds. I lost my focus after that and regained those nasty 7 pounds back. I wish I had an exercise buddy close to keep me on track. The food I can do great with when I want. It's the exercise that I have a hard time sticking with. Ideally, I'd love to wake up before the kids and get my exercise in before they wake up but I'm a sleep-a-holic. I have to choose what's more important to me...an extra hour of sleep or finding the thin body underneath these layers of fat.
Anyhow I love the WATP tapes. I get a good workout without totally killing my joints. I also have a Gazelle. Once in awhile I go to my sister's a walk on her treadmill. I wish I had my own treadmill. Maybe I can talk my husband in to one of those some day. We have a trampoline too. I should be like Jessica, and go out and jump for awhile. This would be easier if I had some suppport closer to home.

ANyhow...back to finishing my laundry folding. A never ending pain in the
rear. TTFN and check back in a bit.

~chris

Flutterby-Whispers
06-03-2005, 11:08 PM
LOL oye do I hear ya on the laundry! As I type I have 6 loads of wonderfully clean and fluffly clothes waiting for me to fold and put them away .. bleh! lol

You sound a lot like me or perhaps I sound a lot like you lol I've yet to do the SBD although I have had a few friends who were ery succesful on that, my problem is I don't see myself eating like that for the rest of my life so I have a hard time with it, kwim? But I may give it a go to see if I need a change of pace.

That is what I like about the WATP's tapes I have, I can work out hard for 45 minutes, sweat like a pig and my joints don't hurt me for hours afterwards. Although I get bored very easily, so I've bought several tapes to play around with when I need a change, that and knowing how I lose weight I need to keep my body always guessing lol

Like you though I hate getting up early, yet when I do manage it I don't ever regret it. I enjoy the quiet and I enjoy the ability to get ahead of the day before the kids wake up ~ if only I could push myself to do it more often! I love my sleep though lol O do wonder if I were to make it a habit if that would change, but I've yet to do it long enough to fin dout. It would be a lot of help and fun to have a group close by ~ to bad we dont live near one another!

Well ... off to tackle that laundry!

michellejy
06-04-2005, 09:41 AM
I was doing the fun laundry stuff yesterday too. Blah. I still have some left to do actually. I've been on a whirlwind mission to make my house spotless before my parents come to visit. My hubby thinks I'm being weird and that it's no big deal if it isn't all cleaned up, but I've been needing to do a thorough all over cleaning anyway so I guess it's the nudge I needed.

Chris- I take it you didn't ever dispute your purchase with Paypal? I checked Amazon's dispute policy, and I haven't reached the date I can dispute it yet (they allow a few weeks for shipping). I'll be doing that if I don't have a refund by the time that date rolls around. Either way, I'll be leaving her nasty feedback and complaining to Amazon, but not until after I get my refund (just to be on the safe side). :lol:

I haven't exercised in so long, and the bad thing is, I actually enjoy the type of exercises I do. It's just like there aren't enough hours in the day to get it all done.

chrily
06-04-2005, 07:47 PM
My gosh, I wrote a book last night and it never posted...ARRGGHHH!

Anyhow, Nessa, I really like the WATP tapes. I didn't think I'd get much of a work out with them.. When you see the word "walk" you assume that its not going to do too much. Boy was I wrong. Check out SB. It really does work. The only time its really restrictive is in Phase 1. But the restrictions are only on certain foods, not on the amounts you can eat. In the first phase, you stay away from sugar (this includes fruit), and things like rice, potatoes, and bread. I really didn't feel deprived at all, except for breakfast because I really really love cereal for breakfast. I've always preferred cold things in the morning. Of course, you can make smoothies with fat free, sugar free yogurt and vanilla or any other flavorings. YUM! I really like making salads, which I thought was going to be yucky. I still eat them. I don't even need ranch, which I figured I'd miss too. Balsamic vinagrette is good and I actually enjoy eating salads with nothing. You want something yummy to try...order a garden salad with fired grilled shrimp from Burger King. Now that's good. We do sound like twins...I wish you lived closer. You'd be a fun exercise buddy.

Chelle-Naw, I didn't try to get my money back for the clothes. I tried reporting someone before when I bought a lot of clothes and never got them. They just closed down their ebay acct. and then there was nothing ebay could do. I bet they are selling under someone else's name now, too.

Gotta go and get off here before dh gets home to give me grief about being on here too much. Check back with you ladies later. Hi Jeniqua! Hi Jessica! Where are you two?

~chris

michellejy
06-05-2005, 09:38 AM
My parents are in town until tomorrow, and I'm just sneaking a minute on the computer until it's time to start running around. They brought out my project car, a 1962 convertible Beetle, that is in a million pieces :) I've been storing her at their house all this time, and since I moved, I haven't been able to do any work on her so I'm looking forward to getting her put back together.

chrily
06-05-2005, 11:45 PM
Chelle,
You work on classic cars too? Make jewelry, too. Is there anything else you can do? Sounds fun to me.

Not much going on here. My stomach is upset from my meds so I'm hanging close to home and the bathroom....I know all, too much information. OH well, one of the hazards of prescription drugs huh? Talk to you all tomorrow after I get back from work.

~chris

Flutterby-Whispers
06-06-2005, 11:54 AM
Hi you guys :)

Michelle ~ oh can I relate to that lol My MIL isn't going to be here until December and I'm already thinking about cleaning the house ~ it's sad really!

I haven't exercised in almost 2 weeks myself and am feeling pretty icky about it, I really need to get back onto the badnwagon.

ohhhhh have fun on your car!!

Chris ~ I hate when that happens!!! I've taken to writting my posts up in notepad and then once I know it's gone through delete it, I have lost soooo manyp osts and ya know it's ALWAYS the good ones isn't it lol

I was of the same thinking as you for months abou tthe WATP's tapes which is why I never bought them but then I thought well why not clearly there is something neat about them otherwise why would so many be buying them! lol The first time I did the 3 mile super burn tape I was sweating like a pig!! I still do too but it's easier to get through now (most days anyways lol)

I'll check out the SB see what it's all about :) Right now I'm reading the Dr. Phil book and I like what he has to say so far ~ I've been pretty impressed with those I know who have followed what he's had to say after reading the book so I thought I'd see what all the fuss was about lol I love salads always have so that's deff. a bonus to the SB diet lol

bummer on the meds and upset tummy :( I hope you get feeing beter soon!

I'm not doing much today really ~ I have 5 boys in the house from 6 am until 2:30 (3 of which are mine lol) so it's going to be a busy day! I'm hoping to get a good amount of the Dr. Phil book read and get caught up on my house .. here's to wishing LOL

michellejy
06-06-2005, 12:45 PM
Chris- I'm sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. It's been a rough year for you and the family.

I think I just have an addiction to DIY things- jewelry, restoring cars, flower arranging, decorating, and now I'm learning about making glass beads, silver beads, and Chinese knotting. I'm also making a quilted Celtic knot wall hanging for my new sister-in-law's wedding in August. I never tried quilting before, and my mom is laughing at me for starting out on something that is the most difficult project I could find. :D I can't draw, play music, or even read it for that matter.

Nessa- I've been awful about working out lately too. I keep finding other things to do instead. :(

Skysthelimit
06-06-2005, 01:46 PM
Hi everyone!

Just to let everyone know I take Friday and Saturdays off of excercising since it's Dh's weekend and such. We usually do family stuff then. We were going to go out to a park that had a swimming pool but it rained and we couldn't :(, I was really looking forward to that too.
Anyways Sunday I also didn't do anything mainly because I and the boys went off to my parents for the day. While I was there I stepped on my mom's scale which is just like mine and I found out I lost yet another 5 pounds. So Yay another 5 pounds have gone and now I am 10 pounds lighter. I'm not sure what is causing my weight to come off but it is.

Today the boys and I will take our walk after lunch :).

momof2r's
06-07-2005, 10:49 AM
I am a mother of 2 very small children, my youngest is 5 months and my oldest is 18 months!!! I was fairly thin before having my babies and I gained 70 pounds with my first, then I lost 40 pounds and was pregnant again and gained another 30 pounds. My daughter is is 5 months old and I need to lose at least 30 pounds. It is very hard to work in exercise and diet. I exercise daily it is my private time for me and I find myself looking forward to it, my problem is the food. I find myself finishing whatever my son does not eat and that can really add up. Good luck to all and I hope to be able to encourage and be encouraged by all.

chrily
06-07-2005, 07:06 PM
Hey Mom! Welcome to the group. I'm Chris, a stay at home mom of 3...all girls. Tiana is 11, Kayla is 6, and Nicole will be 3 in August. I hear ya with the eating. I catch myself nibbling on what the kids don'f finish too. We're all here to try to help eachother so feel free to say what you want or just vent...I do that sometimes. I'll be looking forward to more posts from you.

~chris

melmcc99
06-08-2005, 07:46 AM
Hello all. I am the biggest MIA'r around. I'm so sorry! I haven't posted anywhere, life has been so totally crazy. Welcome all of you newbies. TBH, I don't feel like much part of the group anymore, since I don't know any of you. If I get my butt in gear then I can get to know you all better. Right now time is just flying by and the computer is the last thing on my mind. I miss you chris and Jenny. Michellej, that's a weird story about amazon.com. did you email them? Chris, I hope nicole is feeling better. We are all doing ok here. Just busy and crazy. We are going on vaca for a few days so that will help with the stress. take care all. I'll try to get on to post. I'm sorry to say that I have gained almost all that weight I lost this year. and probably lost all the muscle I gained too. All that training and money wasted. Why does this have to be so darn hard? Oh well. I'll check in when I can.

NEwbies, you must feel like I'm the newbie...lol. ANyway, I am Melissa STAY at home mom of 2. One is in the "terrible two's" Majorly and one just turned 5. Welcome.

chrily
06-08-2005, 11:38 AM
Mel, Have a good relaxing time on your vacation. Don't feel bad. Since the end of the last BLC, I've gained back some poundage and then some too. I feel horrible about it. I noticed that Kristin, Penny, and Michelle all said they gained some weight back. Michelle won't tell how much. It sounds like she was horrified by it. I think Jill gained too. What is wrong with us? ANyhow..I'm walking through the tail end of the terrible twos with Nicole. What do they call it when they turn three because I don't think she'll be done with her attitude when she turns 3 in August. :lol: I FINALLY have her potty trained. YEs! Just a couple accidents here and there. But she's done awesome.

Good morning to the rest of you. I have to get scooting. I have to run around town to pay some bills and get the kids ready to leave. Dora the Explorer is on and they're not moving.

~chris

melmcc99
06-08-2005, 12:57 PM
Chris, I know what you mean. Patrick will be 3 in September and I doubt he'll be out of the TT's either. I wonder what's going on with allof us. We were all doing so well and we crashed. I know we all had a lot going on this year. Let's hope for an upward swing and a downward turn on the weight. Have a good one. BTw, I'm just starting the potty training with Patrick. I have a long road ahead.

michellejy
06-08-2005, 06:23 PM
Welcome to Mom :)

I'm Michelle, newlywed and mother of a 7 year old who is going on 17. I'm a SAHM with a small jewelry business. Shoot, that reminds me I have 3 orders I need to make tonight to mail tomorrow so what am I doing on the computer?!?! :lol:

Hi, Mel, we missed you. I haven't emailed amazon.com yet because I'm hoping I'll have better results working directly with the whacked out seller. I'm still well within my timeframe to dispute it though if they don't give me my money back soon.

Chris- you make it sound like I'm being sneaky. :lol: Well, unless you mean the other Michelle- which now that I read the message again, you probably did. Not that I'm paranoid or anything ;)

I've been totally off track with eating and exercising lately, but fortunately, my weight is just fluctuating back and forth within a 2 pound range. Unfortunately, I'm definitely not losing anything lately. I was so determined to lose weight by my trip in August. I did great the first two months, and the past two months have been a complete waste. I'm irritating myself with this :p

chrily
06-09-2005, 08:01 PM
Chelle, Yes I was talking about the other Michelle. Sorry if I confused ya. I gotta go..Melt down upstairs....

~check back later
chris

melmcc99
06-10-2005, 07:04 AM
Michellej, we are all in this together girl. I don't know. We were all on a roll and then 2005 came along and put a wrench in it. We'll get back to it. .....I hope.......ok, no we WILL!

michellejy
06-10-2005, 09:06 AM
I noticed my clothes are fitting tighter even though my weight hasn't changed. I don't know if it's a PMS thing, or if I just lost what little bit of tone I'd attained through exercise. Since I refuse to buy a larger size of clothes again now that I've packed up my old ones and donated them to charity, I really have no choice but to get on track, right? :)

chrily
06-10-2005, 11:38 PM
Hey Mel and Chelle,
My clothes are all tight too and I already gave away my bigger stuff. I also refuse to buy bigger clothes. I'm either going to be stuffed in my jeans like a sausage or make the effort and lose the weight AGAIN and feel comfortable. My sisters' are both doing pilates now. I tried it and I'm not sure how much I can do with it. My back has problems all its own. Maybe pilates would help. WHo knows. I did get the new Walk away the pounds: Walk and Jog dvd. I'm going to try that out tomorrow...hopefully.

~chris

michellejy
06-13-2005, 03:35 PM
I've bought a couple of pilates DVDs, but I haven't tried them yet. I haven't done much working out at all lately, for that matter :(

bthelms
06-16-2005, 11:02 PM
Hi-

I'm new here and would love to join your group...I was invited by Chrily. I'm a SAHM too and could definitely use all the support there is (as well as give).

I'm doing WW and I really like it (compared to other "diets"). But, this is my second time around with WW. I explained to Chrily that I did it before and then hit a dry spell (after losing 35 pounds). I basically gave up, returned to my old ways and pretty much my old weight. So, I've promised myself to lose the weight this year. I am on my 4th week now and have lost 5 lbs.

As far as the family goes, I have 3 children (12, 4 and 1). I love being home with them and usually have no problem with eating at home, it's just when we eat out which is usually 2 times a week.

Well, I better go now...getting time for bed. The little one has been getting up quite early lately.

blondiewyandt
06-17-2005, 12:08 AM
Hello everyone,
Sorry I have been away Hubby has been on vaction and I havent been on that much. Bad news is I have gained some weight. I am back at it again though. It is hard to eat healthy when you have cook outs and stuff. Food to tempting..
I got a pool so i am getting allot of exercise in it and I love that. Seems like everyone is doing very well.
Hello to all the new ones here. Nice place here.
Well I am off to bed have a good night.

michellejy
06-17-2005, 10:34 AM
Hi, everyone... been doing lots of work for my business and not much working out. On the plus side, I've been so busy that I haven't been snacking so I'm at the bottom end of the 2-3 pounds I keep fluctuating. :lol:

michellejy
06-17-2005, 10:35 AM
Oh, welcome, Bridget. I swear I'm not normally rude enough to ignore people. I just have a 7 year old talking in my ear while I post who is distracting me :)

ChrissyL
06-17-2005, 12:25 PM
Hello everyone! Sorry for being MIA but I have been busy with the kids since they are home from school since June 6th! My oldest made her confirmation on May 15th, then 2 weeks later she turned 14, 5 days later she graduated 8th grade and on Tuesday my baby will be 3!! I have been eating alot but still loosing.....thank goodness...If I know I'm gonna have a few beers I play in the pool with the kids for a few hours each afternoon.....therefore I have had lots of beers! LOL

I hope everyone is doing well, I'll check in again soon.

chrily
06-17-2005, 06:21 PM
Afternoon all.

Hi Bridget, glad to see you made it to this thread. My girls are almost the same ages. I have one almost 12, a 6 yr old, and a 2 1/2 yr old. I told ya we could be almost twins.

Hey Chrissy-Glad to see a post from you too. I've been busy with the kids too and helping prepare for a garage sale next weekend. We did make it to the park today.

Hey Chelle-Don't you just hate working? :s: Are you making jewlery or is work from one of your other many millions of things you do? You are one busy gal!

Jessica-Glad to see you back too. How's that pool treating ya? We had one and sold it because or previous yard was so unlevel. Now we have our own house with a fairly level yard, and I'm wishing we still had it. It would feel so good around here today.

Well to all of you. It's been a busy but fun day. My sister and I took our kids to the wading pool at the park and a picnic. I didn't even get anything fattening. I ate the fruit bowl from McD's. I didn't even get the yogurt part of it. My littlest stole it from me and dunked her french fries in it. :?: What's up with that? But I guess on the plus side , I still have 11.5 pts to use up for the rest of the day and I haven't even excercised yet. Anyhow, Then we came home and I've been working on laundry and basking in the sun outside for the last little bit (no, not in bathing suit). I'm not quite that brave yet. It's one thing to be heavy in a swimsuit and quite another when your as white as white can get and heavy in a swimsuit. What a visual huh?

Gotta play a game of literati before dh gets home and he tells me that all I do is play on the computer all day. Check back this evening.

~chris

michellejy
06-20-2005, 09:37 AM
I'm just doing a quick drive by since I need to do a serious hunt through the boxes I haven't unpacked yet. I need to find my Beetle restoration manual since a replacement copy is $100+ :o

Chris- I'm doing a website redesign for my jewelry site. Well, I came up with the idea, and then my husband just disregards what I say and changes it. :lol: Hopefully that will be up and running in a week or so.

chrily
06-20-2005, 07:28 PM
Chelle-Men! ;) They're always changing something. Mine is just disorganized and forgetful and doesn't like to hear my ideas...then when he comes up with the very same idea, he tells me it sounds better coming form him. :lol:

Oh well...I did a bad thing today. I ate at Arby's for lunch. The Wrap was an okay choice. It was the darn fries I should have said no to.

~chris

michellejy
06-21-2005, 09:30 AM
Whenever my hubby tells me the same idea I mentioned to him before, I just say "hmmm... that sounds familiar." :) The thing that cracks me up the most is when I suggest something, he always asks other people who tell him the same thing I did, and then he comes back to me to tell me that "oh so and so said we should get this." I always tell him that person is obviously smart since they agreed with what I already said :D

chrily
06-21-2005, 11:40 AM
Morning all!

I'm getting ready to go to my sister's again to set up some more stuff for our garage sale. We have too much crap! After my little "mistake" with Arby's yesterday, I am on track so far today. I've had my cereal and I've been drinking water like crazy. Of course I've been busy since 6:30 this a.m. My brother was out a babysitter this week since his wife is out of town for some required seminars she has to attend for being a teacher. He doesn't have to do them this year I guess. Anyhow, he works in the summer for a landscaping business and they start EARLY!

Not much happening today. I"m going to get my walking in tonight at the college while Kayla takes her swim lessons. I'm going to finish her lessons up at the end of June and then have her go back after school resumes. That pool is too hot and humid and miserable in the summer. It's indoors and the humidity level is outrageous.

Hope to see some more postings soon....

~chris

blondiewyandt
06-22-2005, 04:13 PM
Hello,
how is everyone doing? Well I have lost 9 pounds some I had to relose hate yo yoing .
I love the pool relaxing. Just wanted to stop in and say hi.
Have a good day!!

michellejy
06-22-2005, 10:17 PM
Nothing exciting in my world. My hubby is working on my website design right now, and I'm trying not to stare over his shoulder and make him crazy :lol:

chrily
06-23-2005, 12:01 AM
Evening all...
Well its still a busy week around here and hectic hectic hectic. After the garage sale is over on Saturday, I can relax and concentrate on taking care of me and taking care of our house stuff. I've kind of slipped with the dieting for today again. I don't know what's wrong with me. I'll get it together.

I did talk to my cousin today on the phone while I was trying to find out how my mom's doctor appt. went. My cousin is doing SB. She has PCOS and so far she's lost 30 lbs. She's kind of disappointed. I, on the other hand, think she's doing awesome. I told her that too.

WEll tomorrow is another day at work. I get to print again. I have a tech coming over to adjust all my rollers and pressures so I get company for awhile. Oooooo!!! I hate printing days. Oh well. Gotta get to bed. I'll check back in tomorrow.

Way to go JESSICA!!!!!

~chris

michellejy
06-23-2005, 08:52 PM
Nine pounds? That's awesome. (Sorry, I missed that part of your message in my little fly by last night.)

I had to go buy a new office chair today because mine broke last night. Should I take that as a sign? :lol: I was all happy because I could buy this chair and all of my groceries and still have room left in the car. I'm not sure if I mentioned it, but I bought my first grown up car about a week and a half ago (Jeep Grand Cherokee). I've always been intimidated by big cars, but since I live so far from home now, I can't just borrow my dad's when I need something bigger anymore.

chrily
06-26-2005, 12:14 PM
Man, its quiet on here. Hi Chelle...I'll catch up with you later today. We are going fishing today and have to go pick up my SIL. We got the garage sale done yesterday and cleaned the garage back up, took all the left overs to the donation center, divvied up the money and kicked back. I got home at 9:30. My husband had his friend w/ his family come over and I thought they'd have the movie all watched by the time I got home, so I could just fall in the bathtub and relax...and then sleep. WRONG-O! They waited for me. :mad: I sat through a movie, took a quick shower, and finally got to roll into bed at almost 1 a.m.
I'm poopin off all week. I don't care. I'm tired. Of course, though, I am going to be very strict with the WW this week. So..what kind of office chair did ya get? And I just want you to know...I AM JEALOUS! I want a JeeP Grand Cherokee too. I'm stuck in mini-van H*ll. Mini-van's are just not me. I would love another SUV. But Hubby says no.

Talk to you later. I better be off this computer before he gets home, or he's going to have a cow.

~chris

michellejy
06-27-2005, 05:25 PM
It is quiet lately... I guess it counts for something that we stick with the forums even when we don't stick with the exercise (at least that's what I'm telling myself :lol: ). I can't even remember the last time fishing, but I think it was before I was old enough to drive. Your hubby having everyone wait to watch a movie with you sounds like what my dad does to my mom all of the time. He always has these friends she doesn't like, and then she has to act polite because he sticks her in a situation with them. :)

I'm not sure what kind of office chair it i. It's something tall and leather, but it was on sale, so it was cheaper than the short and fabric things. It seems quite comfy so far, and it rolls. Those were pretty much my big requirements. :D

I'm still loving the Jeep. I even think it's worth having car payments again, and I never thought I'd say that.

bootiegirl28
06-27-2005, 07:11 PM
I'd love to join this group! I'm a SAHM (just started staying home in May) to a 15 month old boy! He's wonderful! Anyways, I'm looking for support from other moms out there. My current weight loss goal is 22 lbs. I'm 172 lbs currently... 10 lbs of that is from my pregnancy. I gained 40 lbs during my pregnancy and lost most of it. Then in the last month while being at home I've gained 5 lbs. I'm looking to stop the scale from going up asap!! I'm a carb addict and could use tips on how to become less dependent on them!

bootiegirl28
06-27-2005, 07:14 PM
Since I'm new here I was wondering if maybe we could start a new thread and let everyone do a short intro so we can get to know each other?!

chrily
06-27-2005, 09:52 PM
Starting a new thread......

Click on my screen name if you need to know where it is.