WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2001, 10:29 PM   #1  

Smile

Found these at Walgreens. They come in small (2 servings) bags for 60 calories, 2 grams fiber and 1 gram fat for 1 point per serving or 2 points for the entire bag. The whole bag (2 servings) has these healthy benefits: 10 grams soy protein, 25 mg Soy Isoflavones, 50% RDI Folic Acid and 30% RDI Calcium plus they taste great. WWW address is www.glennys.com. I think the nutritional information applies to only the barbeque flavor. These are worth a try.
Old 05-17-2001, 11:19 AM   #2  
PartyAnimal&ComputerNerd

Yeah... I also found these at Walgreen's but they just had the Apple Cinnamon flavor. Considering that they are soy I actually found them kind of tasty. I was kind of bummed when I went last time and they did not have them anymore. Will need to look again the next time I am in.
Old 05-17-2001, 07:15 PM   #3  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Default Soy

You know, there are SO many great soy products our there! I talked to my WW group about soy products instead of meats and they were really impressed with some of the low point finds that I've found.....
Old 05-18-2001, 09:55 PM   #4  

Default GIRLIE

Hi Girlie,

Would you mind posting some of your low point soy finds?
Old 05-19-2001, 01:12 AM   #5  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Default Soy stuff

I'm not much of a meat person at home, so I like a lot of the soy substitutes. You can find a lot of them in the produce section of grocery stores...Schnuck's seems to have the best selection to me, and Kroger comes in next.

One of my favs are LightLife brand (www.lightlife.com) "Salisbury Steak" patties in mushroom gravy. They, I believe, are 1pt apiece...I don't have them with me. They also make a great "Chicken Cutlet" that I also believe is one pt.

Most soy hotdogs are 1pt apiece...try Yves brand chili dogs. Mmmm.

Also, I found some stuff at Kroger called "I can't believe it's not beef". It comes in chicken too. They are strips of textured soy protein that have the consistency of the meat, but fat free and very low in calories...1 serving is 1pt.

Also, we all love those veggie burgers, but Boca Burgers Vegan Originals are the only ones I've found so far that are 1pt. Along with a lite wheat bun and a bit of ketchup and mustard and pickles, and mushrooms, you've got a great 2pt burger...add a slice of veggie mozzarella, and it's a 2.5 (or 3 pt if you round up) mushroom and mozz burger!

I love soy stuff! Glenny's apple cinnamon soy chips are awesome!

Girlie
Closed Thread