Old 10-07-2004, 08:48 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Thursday Chat 10/7

Not in the best of moods today. I'm sick of in-laws!!! The MIL called up and basically said if she can't get the jerk and his wife to come for pictures she doesn't want to have it done. So I'm going to tell DH to call his mom and tell her to F-off. I'm SOOO PO'd right now I could chew nails and make them into bullets!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 09:08 AM   #2  

Brenda: So sorry about the in-law problem. Let your DH handle his mother.
You don't need the stress.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 09:12 AM   #3  
on my way down again

Good mornig All! I'm down another 1.5 pounds. I feel good about that.

Brenda, I had read about you going through this. If do it without them, I'll bet they would complain about not being notified for the picture. Some people have to be such control freaks and ruin it for everyone.

Last edited by Barbie101; 10-07-2004 at 09:26 AM.
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 09:45 AM   #4  

Morning Everyone!

Brenda: Sorry that your in-laws are being like that. Think I would let the hubby deal with it also. It's awful how one person can ruin it for everyone! Hope you get to feeling better today!

Jane: Morning! Hope you have a great day!

Barbie: Congrats on the loss! Keep up the good work, you are doing great! Have a great day!

Sorry that I have been MIA. Just been so tired lately, and my back has been killing me! The baby seems to be laying right on a nerve that is making my back hurt. Normally I can rub or push on her and she will change positions. Well, last night seems that she wanted to be stubborn. I would push on her...and she would kick me back I was so funny! She never did move, just kept kicking me! The good news is....I only have 15 weeks left to go! Getting more and more exciting everyday! I go back to the Dr next week and am dreading it. At the last appointment, I was still at my before pregnancy weight. Don't think that it wil be that this time. I feel like I have gained a ton! Oh well, I'm gonna enjoy it while I can, cause as soon as this baby gets here I am getting back on track with Atkins! Well, just thought I would let you all know I am still alive and kicking. I'm off today, so I'll be jumping on here a lot to try to get caught up on everyone! Hope you all have a great day!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 10:10 AM   #5  

Lisa: Glad to hear you and the baby are doing well. I don't blame her for kicking you back...I mean, there she was comfortable and all and you go and try to push her around. She is already showing you who's boss

Barbie: Congrats! You are doing great.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 10:15 AM   #6  

Jane: Yep...she's definately showing that she is the boss! I told DH that she was going to be just like him...STUBBORN! Also, it seems that Rocky..our 100lb black lab is already scared of her. He was laying with me the other night and had his head on my belly and she kicked the crap out of him He jumped up and looked at my belly like...what the heck was that! The baby is going to be a major adjustment for him, because he doesn't like sharing me with anyone. If DH even tries to hug me when he's in the room he goes crazy. It's gonna be something to see how he reacts to the baby! Think he'll be spending a lot of time in his area outside!

Lisa
Old 10-07-2004, 10:37 AM   #7  
The Princess O' Pets

Good Morning Ladies!!!

Lisa: you will be surprised about Rocky, our dog Thorne is very jealous and protective of me and now he is the same about our kids, remember the worst thing you can do is put him outside and make him feel cut off from the baby, then he will blame the baby. My DH just brought home baby blankets and the baby's first hat from the hospital to Thorne before we came home and I always let him in the baby room so he could get used to it. Now he protects our kids so much I feel like they are in better hands with him than me!!!

B- Yup tell DH to deal w/ his mom!!

Barbie- Good Job on the loss!!

Hi Jane!!!!

Well I am trying to be OP today after Vegas vacation! Wish me luck!!!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 10:48 AM   #8  
Baby Steps

Jane:

Barbie: Congrats on the poundage lost!! Keep up the good work

Lisa: Sorry to hear about the backache...but just remember it'll all be worth it. And take all the rest you need...you'll need it

TG: You can stay OP!!

Well, emailed my sis and asked if she'd still take OUR pictures. Then got to work (where I'm boss-less again) and got a phone call from DH....seems he was asked to work Sunday. GRRRR. Needless to say that just added to all this BS. Well, I said I'd ask if we could move the time to an hour later. He said he's going to call his mom and tell her the pictures are off! Score one for ME. Hmph. So I called my sis and she was ok with it all and that's GREAT I really want a great family picture. We haven't had one in like 2? 3? years. So I want updated ones. Then I'm going to take the family one to the picture place here in town and get a bigger sized one made for the wall in the living room. And my in-laws? They can kiss my lilly white cellulite fat......
Old 10-07-2004, 10:49 AM   #9  
Baby Steps

oh...on the downside....I was so ticked off I ate some thin mints from the jar here in the office. GRRR!!! And the scale was already up 2 pounds. I don't know why. Usually by now it'd have at least stopped instead of having me gain again. stress!!!!
Old 10-07-2004, 11:45 AM   #10  
The Princess O' Pets

B- Just go get a picture with you, DH and your kids, that will be beautiful, who cares about all those other kill-joys!!
Old 10-07-2004, 12:10 PM   #11  

TG: Thanks for the advice. So you think it would be best to let him stay inside even after the baby comes? Never thought the way of him blaming the baby. But it sounds right. I guess I am just afraid that he will think that she can play with him like we can and that he will hurt her. He's never been around kids much at all. He's used to it just being us and him and we let him get what he wants all the time. He's always been the baby. Guess I am just worried that he won't like it when he's not the baby anymore. I have decided that I am not going to cut him off though... now that I think about what you said I think making him stay outside would just make him worse! Well, enough rambling from me. Thanks again for your advice..makes everything seem better!

Lisa
Old 10-07-2004, 01:08 PM   #12  
The Princess O' Pets

Lisa,
you are right it would make him worse, and actually they are really good about knowing baby vs. adult, with Thorne I just went along like business as usual and I always thought he would feel left out but he didn't, I let him sniff the babies and told him they are "his" babies and he has to be gentle, and it all worked out. We made it into something fun and rewarding. And we always let him feel them in my belly and would tell him look "your" baby is moving and then brought home the baby hat and blanket for him to sniff. Their natural instinct tells them that you are pregnant. I know people who have excluded their dogs and it did just make it worse and then they seemed to never be trustworthy with the kids. Now i tell Thorne when the kids are in the yard that he needs to "go gaurd his babies outside" and he runs out there, he will not let anyone in the yard without our premission and he stands in between the kids and anyone until we say it is OK. I figure if anyone wants to try to kidnap my kids they will have to get through Thorne first and good luck with that!!
Old 10-07-2004, 03:14 PM   #13  
Baby Steps

Wish our dog did that. She'd only lick the person to death. She's WAYYYY too friendly. We didn't get her until after the girls were born. In fact the girls were quite a bit older (oldest was 8 and youngest 5?).
Old 10-07-2004, 05:43 PM   #14  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Talking

Hi everyone...just checking in.
Like Lisa I have 15 weeks to go with this pregnancy! Woo Hoo!!! This time it's a boy though. We are so very excited. BUT unlike Lisa I have gained 18 lbs back!!!!! YIKES!!!! And it's not just because I'm eating more carbs...I'm eating the WRONG things. Dr. said I am doing OK though - he's not concerned about the weight. Most of it went on in the first 3 months when I stopped eating at induction levels. I could not have proteins at all due to feeling ill so I was munching on mini bagels and toast a lot. Now I am back to my salads at lunch.

Lisa - I agree with TG about the dog. We have a 120lb lab who we had for 2 years before our first was born. DH brought home the baby's used onsies and blankets from the hospital and put them in the dog's bed so he got used to her smell. We did this with our second child also. Labs are WONDERFUL with kids - and very protective. When the infants are little though you just want to keep them out of the dog's reach if you are not in the room. If you leave them on the floor the dog may try to cuddle with the baby and actually could suffocate them. Now that our kids are older...the dog waits for the bus with my oldest and lays in the sandbox with my 2 yr old while she plays. It's like having a babysitter!

Hope everyone else is well. You are all doing so terrifically!!!!! (I feel like a traitor posting here with the food I've been consuming).... I will be back in full swing though soon.
Kim in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 07:55 PM   #15  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Everyone !!!

Lisa & Kim smoochies on the new babe's....don't worry about the weight just be healthy.

Brenda, or is that Lilly I'll talk to you tomorrow

Barbie congrats on the WL.. WTG CHICKIE !!!!

Janey lady, whats shakin ? how are you lately, hows the neck? you feeling better?

Theo's good luck on staying OP today !!!!

Hugs to you sweet ladies
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote