Old 09-09-2004, 01:28 PM   #1  

Unhappy New Here

Have you ever avoided mirrors so that you don't have to look at yourself and see what you look like?! I have been doing that for some time now and I feel like I have lost myself along the way. I feel dazed and confused. I am tired of shopping in the plus size section. I am tired of being "the fat mom" - I am worried I am setting a bad example for my kids, especially my daughter. My 8 year old daughter is constantly told how much she looks like me - I heard her reply back to someone yesterday that she does not look like me because she is not fat. That was my wake up call. So here I sit in tears and wonder where do I go from here? What is the next step? I called my doctor this morning and booked a full physical for next week.
Anyone else out there in this capsizing boat?
missmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 01:55 PM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi Laurie! Yes! I hear ya'! Good for you for getting a hold of your self and taking charge! And excellent that you're going to see your Dr. for a physical!

Come join us on the "week of..." thread!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 03:03 PM   #3  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi Laurie,

Yep. I saw myself reflected in the windows while I was shopping today. I looked gross. My belly looks stupid. I've been trying to eat better and now I'm more determined to eat right. I was shopping for a dress to wear to a wedding and I'm embarrassed about the size I was having to look at.

Come on over and join us on the Week of thread. We just chat about whatever pops into our heads. Least, that's what I do.

Just know...YOU ARE NOT ALONE!! This group provides alot of support.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 01:38 PM   #4  
mom2_5

Hey Laurie~
Yes I think most of us have been there, done that. For me it was seeing my shadow on the wall. That was my wake-up call, along with looking in the mirror and not knowing the personing looking back.
I know you can do it!

sw/230
cw/206
gw/140
wildblue_yonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 06:14 PM   #5  

Hi Laurie. You've got lots of support here. We do not judge, just listen. Trust me-we understand what you're going through! Keep in touch and let us know how the doctors visits go.

Height: 5'8
current weight-200
goal weight-150
drummergirl is offline   Reply With Quote