Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 09-03-2004, 08:14 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Friday Chat - September 3rd

Good Morning,

My last summer hour friday is today I'm gonna miss leaving at noon to pick up DD and spend time w/her.

I went to a new doctor yesterday and I have walking pneumonia. So she gave me all sorts of meds and I guess I'm on my way to getting healthy. Finally !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you realize I've been dizzy, fevers, coughing, can't breath, throwing up, and extremely weak since July 4th week !!! Whats with doctors ??? can't they diagnose anything out of the norm ? This new doctor was a woman and she looked like sally field in her really YOUNG days, I mean I felt like giving her a lolly pop when I was done LOL

Well boss man should be here any second, I'll pop back in later !!

Love you all !!

Hugs !
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 08:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 256.5/256/???

Height: 5 ft 4

Hi everyone

Leenie, glad your doctor is getting you treated right at last. You asked about belly dancing yesterday ... I go to a class, it's great. It's women only and really positive, with a diverse (size/shape/age/race) group of women. I also have a video made by my teacher that I use to practise my moves at home, but it's the class that gives me a really good work out. There's a belly dancing thread over in the exercise forum, with lots of advice and links.
clarrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 09:52 AM   #3  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Morning all,
Liz asked me to stop b and send a to all my chicky friends. I have had a busy summer with the kids. We traveled a lot (dh worked and took care of the doggage) so we went to NY to visit family, the turrks a caicois to visit friends, NC to visit the out laws and last week to Chicago to visit friends. I used all of my FF miles but it was well worth it.

Kids are back to school on Wed and i ma back to working at school on Wed!

We have weekend company so I am getting ready for that and I am trying my hardest to get back on track with my eating and exercise. I have about 20 lbs to loose and am going to take it one day at a time....

have a good long wekend US chickies...I have been thinking about you
-L
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 10:02 AM   #4  

HI everyone!

Thanks to Suzanne I finally have icons.....I have been looking for them since the new format .......cheers Suzanne!

Hi L.......good to see you!

Leens did anyone do an X-ray since July? What a shame....it is the only way to diagnose Pneumonia and an easy one to diagnose......hope you are feeling better soon.

I am off to sign up for my first course this morning and then I work this evening to pay for it! Life is wonderful!

Finished our first week of school.....and everyone is happy for the moment.

Have a great day everyone.

I have been walking everyday sometimes an hour sometimes 30 mins and am watching what I eat.....I am feeling good.

Hope you are all well!

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 10:24 AM   #5  
CIN

Default Good Morning to you all!

Good Morning Ladies......
L.it is great to see you.long time no see! Welcome back.please stop in more often!

Leens.........seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I diagnosed you days and days ago.......I thought that was the problem....so happy you got an accurate diagnosis and will get better soon!

My Doctor's appt went well. The ultrasound showed the stent is open....not completely normal but normal enough for a stent! The tech said it was a good thing I was "fairly skinny" and they got a good picture...............Made my day. Fairly skinny........what a compliment! I dont have to return until January.....and stay on blood thinner until then...tha's okay.I can handle that! He was pleased at how WELL I feel.............completely....remember he is the one who said there was a 50%chance this would help! Well it is 100% better ! So needles to say I skipped out of there! By the way it was 2:30 in the afternoon and I had been NPO since midnight.......Subway here I come! Plus by seeing it in an ultrasound so well..if I get sick it is something that can be checked easily!

Walked 45 this morning.................glad to have that under my belt for the day.hubby walking right along with me!

No special plans for Labor Day.................I miss 3 meetings $$$ so doesnt thrill me to be off! I am dog-sitting "ROCKY" the 4 pound Yorkie!
We will kayak and fish if it doesnt rain.

My poor Mom is in Fla........the storms are to hit her trailer park.she is elsewhere!What devastation for people...hope it passes quickly.

Later taters
Cin

P.S. Pat yourself on the back for all the small changes...they add up! Bravo to you all!
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 11:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

very busy here of course! I wouldn't know how to act if it wasn't!

Leenie - "walking pneumonia"! well goodness a gracious! no wonder you have been so sick! I hope that you are on the road to recovery and feeling better quickly!

Clarrie - sounds like fun!

L - sooooooooooo good to see ya girlie! new york sounds good! hope all goes well with school! please drop in more often! hugs!

Liz - wooohoooooo icons again! CONGRATS on the walking and healthy eating and feeling good! Hey guess what - last night on Jay Leno, Mercy Me, Steven Curtis Chapman and Third Day performed a song together from "The Passion". I taped it, cause I sure couldn't stay up that late. Watched it this morning - they were GREAT! Those are 3 of my all time favorite Christian musicians!

Cin - sooooooo glad all went well at the checkup! 100% better - wow! talk about answered prayers! I am praying for your mom and all those in Florida - the storm looks awful! Hope it passes quickly and that mom is safe!

It's raining here. I'm hoping it will stop as we have our first high school football game tonight. The band is performing (assuming it stops raining) and me and dh are band bush chaperones tonight. I think it's gonna me a mushy night.

I have not exercised in a week and boy do I feel it. I am draggin soooooooooo! I'm not drinking enough water, and got to get those things back on track. keeping calories low so at least that much is right. Tomorrow morning I am gonna walk no matter what.

Hope everybody has a blessed day!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote