Old 08-17-2004, 09:00 AM   #1  
The Princess O' Pets

Default Tuesday chat

Good Morning Ladies, wakey wakey!!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 09:08 AM   #2  
The Princess O' Pets

STar I like the food acct. log I think that is a really good name for it, log it even if it is bad. Time to face the music!!

Well another little tidbit of the music I am facing......I finally stepped on the scale sine I have been off and on bad since out vacation.... NO GOOD! I have gained 10 pounds back since I have been bad these couple months. I figured it is time for me to sh*t or get off the pot I am either doing this whole heartedly or giving up. So I stepped on the scale give myself a reality check! Well I am off to work and then to the gym to get this lazy hiney back in shape.....whole heartedly!! I am not cutting myself anymore slack, no more.. " I am eating cause I am stressed" or "I don't know why I can't be good" .......For me (not everyone...just me) those are just excuses and cop outs and giving myself permission....I know this about myself but I still do it. So no more. NEW, OLD MOTTO "NOTHING tastes as good skinny feels!!!"

Have a great day!
Old 08-17-2004, 09:17 AM   #3  

Morning. I stayed home from work yesterday and didn't get on to check in with you all. I didn't sleep on Sunday night. I have to do something about this sleep issue....driving me nuts. I just couldn't come into work and sit here all day exausted! So stayed home and did some sewing and lounging.
Better today.

Just caught up on the posts from yesterday and glad to hear that Jina is ok.

Theo'sgirl: Boy you sure sound determined! Hope I can follow your lead.

Actaully, yesterday I was very good...now that I am back to work I just have to stay away from the cubicle from . When oh when are they moving back to the dispatch area???????
Have all my legal foods with me today and went back to some eggs for breakfast. Going to make cheese gnocchi's for dinner tonight. Hope they come out ok. The last time I tried they just broke apart in the boiling water with no flour to hold them together I guess. This recipe has some soy flour so hope it works out better.
Anyone have any ideas on that?
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 09:22 AM   #4  

Good Morning TG! With you attitude that 10lbs will be gone before you know it! I know you can do it!!!!! Hope you have a great day at work, and at the gym!

Well, just another day here. Still feeling crabby. I can't eat, and can't sleep well. This is really getting to me. I keep telling myself the end result will be worth it, and I really know that it will, but dang. Why can't I be one of these that feels great during pregnancy??? Hopefully all of this will subside soon and I will be back to normal! Well, enough moaning and groaning from me today. Gonna get my butt in gear and get ready for work! Hope everyone has a great day!!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 09:24 AM   #5  

Jane: You snuck in on me! Glad that you are feeling better today. I can relate to that no sleep issue! Hope your's gets better soon also! Have a great day and good luck on staying away from that cubicle!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 09:28 AM   #6  
Movin' and Losin'

Hey, TG. Great motto! I know I rationalize everything bad I eat with some excuse, and you know what?? There really is no excuse for it! Thanks for mentioning that -- you're helping me to really kick it back into gear, too.

Last night DH and I finally watched "50 First Dates." I loved it. I just think Adam Sandler is the coolest. DH hated it, but he's not the biggest fan of movies anyway, so what does he know?

During the movie, DH ate popcorn, which I avoided, but I tried the Keebler Carb Sensible Cookies. Actually, I more than tried them, I ate three. They were obviously pretty tasty. I tried the Chocolate Chocolate Chip with Pecans. They really help when you're hungry for chocolate or a cookie. Counting sugar alcohols, they are six carbs each, which I guess is a little high, but they are a nice treat. I just need to learn to eat only one of them at a time!

Hope all of you are doing great!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 09:35 AM   #7  
Movin' and Losin'

Jane: I was wondering about you yesterday! Glad you took a day to relax. Hope you start getting some better sleep.

MrsH: I hope you start feeling better soon! You sound miserable. Have you talked to the doctor yet? One of my friends was really sick during her pregnancy, and she ended up losing weight by the time her daughter was born. They ended up delivering the baby a little early just so she wouldn't be sick all the time. I hope it stops for you soon!

TG: I forgot to ask you: I know you mentioned you were having to find Toad a new home, but I missed why. Did something happen? He is just the cutest puppy.
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 10:53 AM   #8  
Head Princess

Good morning!

Since I've only got 11 work days left, I'm not coming in so early. Yeah for sleep!

TG - Thanks! I'm kindof digging it, too. But oh! Yesterday was not pretty. Thanks to what I've been reading about veggie carbs, I'm also breaking those out, too.

Jane - glad to see you back! Are you exercising? You may not be getting enough energy out of your body. OR if you are exercising, you may be doing it too late in the evening. Just some ideas....

Mrs H - Poor lady! I hope you get feeling better soon!

Jina - I loved that movie! And those cookies are really good! I tried the chocolate chip ones. I was so grateful that they were individually wrapped!

Brenda - YOU STAYED ON PLAN!!! Even with cravings and PMS!!!

Now I know I've been slacking off more than I realized! I'm going back through my 'withdrawals'. Blech! I'm not exactly grumpy, but I'm very emotionally volitile right now. And I'm exhausted! I don't know if it was the caffiene-free day or what, but I sat down on the couch yesterday and woke up 2 1/2 hours later! It was bizzare.

And I'm not craving anything specific, but I just want to eat everything. Ugh! I'm refusing to stay at home all night tonight. I'll go wander the stores or take my pups for a walk or something - anything to get out of the house and away from food! Weeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! I forgot how much fun the beginning isn't.
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 10:54 AM   #9  
The Princess O' Pets

Jina, after he hit puberty him and our aplha male doberman started fighting. So sadly we decided it isn't a healthy envoirnment for either of them.
Old 08-17-2004, 11:00 AM   #10  

Mrs H: I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. I hope you get some relief soon so that you can look back on this time and smile not groan!

Jina: Phew! Your ok. I could never eat just one of a cookie. I am not a sweet eater but still! Just one? 6 grams each....I would be done for the day. I just made some low carb cookies last night. Chocolate pudding cookies...not bad...a little dry....will try and tweak that. 1/2 gram each.
Now they are the worlds SMALLEST cookie but still.

Star: If exercise has anything to do with it it would have to be that I am not getting enough. I will try and get in a walk tonight. I have had this problem for years now. I get on a kick once in a while. I go to sleep fine it is just that I wake up around 3:00am and then can't get back to sleep.
And lately I have been waking up in a sweat!......not a hot flash per say....just sweating!!!!! Oh please let it not be menopause already!
Old 08-17-2004, 11:18 AM   #11  
The Princess O' Pets

SP Tell me about the veggie carbs??
Old 08-17-2004, 11:31 AM   #12  

Hi guys! Sounds like some of us are getting the motivation back. Wahoo!!!!!

I stepped on the scale this a.m. and it was 183 as opposed to the 188 I saw yesterday. I guess it was water. Thought so.

So, I have two days of being good under my belt. Lets make it 3!

Have great days everyone!
LOVE2C135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 11:36 AM   #13  
Head Princess

Good job, Kerri!

TG - Jane posted this article last week: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44997 At one point the author stated her opinion that non-starchy veggies should be counted as free foods since they have so much nutritional value.

And that got me thinking.

When I started induction and wasn't exactly counting carbs, just staying within my food list, I consistently went over on my acceptable veggies. And I did better! While I still feel that I need to count the carbs I eat (veggie or otherwise), I decided to have a total carb count and a veggie carb count. My personal feeling is that at least 50% of my carbs should be coming from veggies.
Old 08-17-2004, 11:54 AM   #14  

Star: I don't know why I just got this thought in my head but I was looking at your numbers and saw the 129 and was wondering.....do you still have "fat" days? Even at such a teeny weight does someone still feel huge sometimes? I can't imagine EVER weighing 129 so I was just curious.
Old 08-17-2004, 12:00 PM   #15  
Head Princess

OMG Jane - every day. The truth is that while the 129 looks way better than 200 and that I love wearing a size 3-5 instead of trying to squeeze into a 16 and barely making it, I still have lots of fat days. I'm squishy and my skin doesn't fit right and it doesn't look or feel right yet. And I still retain water and feel bloated which adds to the fun

I feel a billion times better than I did, but I don't think that 'fat days' every go away. My friends who are twins and weigh right around 100-110 pounds each and are an inch taller than me have fat days. I think it's just part of the fun of being human.