Old 08-15-2004, 01:04 PM   #1  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Default Weekly Chatting Thread 8/15-8/21

Hello everyone! I am currently enjoying a bowl of super-yummy fruit. My Safeway had a sale on tinned peaches ($1/regular size) so I bought some of the flavored ones (cinnamon and raspberry). The raspberry ones are really good. Also, pineapple and marschino cherries are super-good together.
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 01:15 PM   #2  
SuperWoman

S/C/G: 194/157.5/145

Height: 5'9"

Sound yummy Jenicra!!!! I treated myself to a blueberry Cinnabon this morning!!! Haven't one in almost a year!!! It was so good!! What's everyone doing this week? Not much here, just doing stuff for my DD's birthday.
alsbttrfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 03:58 PM   #3  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

ooooooh CINNABON mmmmmmmmm. i didn't even know they had blueberry ones. i haven't had one of those in years.

i got an interview! did i tell you guys that yet? i don't think so. it's at a public relations firm. i'm psyched, lol, because it's in the field that i studied in college, although it's entry level which is just fine. i'm not going to get my hopes up too high, but i am excited!

my db and i got a pizza last night (uh oh), but i only had one slice (yay) which fits in to my eating plan okay since i allow myself pretty much anything as long as it's in moderation. but of course, the problem with ordering a pizza is the leftovers although db did eat about 5 slices, so there wasn't much left.

not doing much this week except working and trying to find a job. i think that we're going to try to catch a movie (not sure which but db wants to see alien vs predator which will probably be scary and icky.)

does anyone have any recommendations for books to read? i like mysteries or thrillers, but pretty much anything. i've read the da vinci code and the rule of four, and i also read a good one my stephan goodwin called breaking her fall. books are expensive and i read VERY FAST so i'm going to start going to the library.
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 04:00 PM   #4  
Megan

oops and i wanted to say thanks to miss michelle for the museum idea. we have a few good ones nearby that i am definitely going to check out! (haven't been since i was like 10, lol)
Old 08-15-2004, 04:38 PM   #5  

TannyMc - You should read Arthur Golden's Memories of a Geisha. Its pretty good I can also suggest a lot of chick lit books (mostly british authors) but I don't know if you like that kinda thing.

So I have 2 weeks to my wedding. So thats what I am focusing on. I can't wait to get back to a normal schedule!
tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 11:44 AM   #6  
i see the stars in me

it seems like all i have been doing altely is shopping for college. I need to get soo much stuff. I am soo nervous bout going back to college. (i did my freshman year but then took a year off)

I bought most of hte small items i gotta remember the obvious stuff when i went for freshman year i forgot a brush and toothpaste lol ha. those r on the top of my list this year.

I decided to make a list of everything i am bringing this way when i pack it i can check it off so i kno exactly what i have and that i have anything.

Its going to be hard sticking to my diet on dining hall food. I mean they have cold cuts and salad all the time but i am going to get sick of that fast and usually therre main meals well arent the healthiest.

Any suggestions to sticking with my diet? i could use all i can get.
faded_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 02:04 PM   #7  
Megan

elle - i was in great shape in college (what happened? lol) probably because of the cafeteria. i didn't have any snacks in my room, i just ate when i went to the cafe. i found that i could eat pretty much anything as long as there wasn't any snacking in between. it also depends on how good your cafeteria is. we had a stir fry station where i could have them mix up whatever i wanted (chicken, veggies, shrimp, whatever) and then put it over rice or pasta. if the main meal isn't that healthy but you want it, ask for a smaller portion. i think you'll do just great.

tonic - thanks for the suggestion, i'll check that out. i have heard that book was great! i am open to any other suggestions, i like british authors but haven't read much.

my interview at the public relations firm went well this morning. they said they were interested in me, and it seems like great experiece. keep your fingers crossed!!!!
Old 08-16-2004, 02:08 PM   #8  

Talking Can I jump in here?

Hi! I'm Kerry, and I'm pretty new to 3fc..... I'm 25, almost 26, and mommy to Aliceon (3.5) and Heather (almost 10 months) and wife to Hans. I live in Boca, FL.
I'm 5'2.5" and 190lbs. I am currently following the plan laid out in The Abs Diet book. We just started a week ago, so nothing yet.
I also enjoy walking on my treadmill and Yoga.
I'm a WAHM with my own marketing consultation business that I run out of my home.
Well, I guess that's about it....... I hope you don't mind me barging in!
kerry
kerryclem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 02:19 PM   #9  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Happy Monday All!

Wow, good to see the converstation flowing already!

Tanny, I love the author, Patricia Cornwell. She has a new novel coming out next month. I just finished her latest, Potrait of a Killer: Jack the Ripper. It was interesting, she investigates and tries to solve the age old case. I love to read also...I want to read the Da Vinci code next! I will hit the library to get it

MMMHHHhhh, speaking of blue berries, My fav. treat is vanilla bean ice cream with a cup of fresh blue berries on top! Yummy!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 02:21 PM   #10  
Big-time loser

Hi Kerry - welcome to the 20-somethings board, we're happy to have you! You and your daughters are beautiful!
Old 08-16-2004, 02:23 PM   #11  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Hi Kerry!!! Welcome! what a cute bunch!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 03:04 PM   #12  
Living the Laguna life...

TannyMC--
I work in PR also...I hope you get the job I love my job, though I have to go back to school at the end of summer. PM me if you want to know more stuff about the field..personally, I love it! I hope everyone is having a great Monday!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 03:15 PM   #13  
Big-time loser

Megan - I'll keep my fingers crossed for you about the job!
This thread is really jumping this week - wow! I had a fitting with my (wedding) dressmaker yesterday - ohmigod, it's beautiful! I love it, I love it, I love it! I put my jewelery on with it too, and it's just perfect. I've got another fitting tonight. Only 19 days left. I saw the flower girl dresses last night for the first time too. They're toooo cute - simple red tanktop dresses, tealength and poufy, with little white cumberbunds. How's your stress level Tonic? Less than two weeks until yours right? I'm working on getting a final # to the caterer - ahhhh! I've learned one thing with this wedding business so far - if someone asks you to RSVP - do it! I will forever be a faithful RSVPer! It's such a hassle to have to call up 30 people to ask whether or not they're showing up. Music list is done, as are our vows. We're really getting down to the finishline here! I'm so excited!
Oh! And this weekend we went and saw Rent! the musical in Portland. It was absolutely awesome! I've wanted to see that show forever, but it never seemed to leave NYC - not to mention that the cheapest tickets on Broadway were $190!!! But they came to Portland and we got tickets for less than $30, so we were so pleased, and they did not disappoint!
Old 08-17-2004, 01:37 PM   #14  
Megan

Welcome Kerry!!!

jenicra - PLEASE PLEASE post pictures of you in your dress as soon as you can (probably won't be until after the wedding, but i can wait). it sounds great, and the flower girl dresses sound adorable!! it's great that you saw rent. i saw it when i was in college in new york, but it was a thru school so it didn't cost as much.

spill - i saw the special on tv awhile back with patricia cornwall and the jack the ripper thing. maybe i should read the book! good thinking!

miss michelle - i will send you a pm... i studied pr in college but i don't really know much about it on a day to day basis.

i found out today that my exboyfriend is ENGAGED! hahaha i'm just laughing my butt off right now. i dated him for four years, and we broke up over a year and a half ago, and now he's getting married to a girl he's been dating for about six months. i thought that i might be upset by it, but i'm not at all. the reason why i am laughing is because i talked to him a few months ago and he was telling me how awful she is, and i said to him, "yeah right, you'll probably marry her" and he said "no way, we've only been going out for a little while." haha! men are funny. he is the type who just wants to get married and settle down, it doesnt seem to matter who he does it with.
Old 08-17-2004, 03:34 PM   #15  
SuperWoman

S/C/G: 194/157.5/145

Height: 5'9"

Megan- You have to let us know about the job!!! Men can be so weird. When I was in college my exboyfriend asked me to marry him when he was still dating the girl he cheated on me with!!! Where did you go to college? I graduated from Marist.

Kerry- Welcome!!!! Your two little ones are so adorable!!! I have 2 as well, 1 of each. My daughter will be 3 on Friday and my son is 19 months.

Jenicra- You must be so excited!!! Like Megan said, please post pics ASAP!!!

Spill- My mom reads a lot of Patricial Cornwell. I like Dean Koontz as well. I love thrillers!!! But sometimes, I can really go for a sappy novel!

I have been Off plan these last 3 days, but tomorrow is a new day and I'm going to try to clean up my act!!! Hope everyone is having a good week. Anyone watching the Olympics?
alsbttrfly is offline   Reply With Quote